Project SV OU: The Next Best Thing (Week 11: Iron Moth) (Votings Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Submissions Closed
Thanks a lot for all the new & improved sets for the WildCard Week!!

Hereby, I announce the commencement of voting. You guys probably know the drill! We will be voting in Ranked Pairs. Basically, you'll be ranking the sets in descending order of their viability, creativity & relevance to the metagame (you need to vote for a minimum of 2 candidates & a maximum of 5). An example could be A > B > C > D > E > F or F > E > D > C > B > A.

You may use the alphabets written in front of the sets to vote.

Pokédex_Image_Ting-Lu_SV.png

You like it? woodgoldtwo

Slate-4 (Ting-Lu)

New/Edited Sets:

Screenshot_20231129-135725.png

Old Unedited Sets:

Screenshot_20231129-135853.png

For the Next Week (probably after November), the candidates for the Topics are as follows (we've decided to add all of the A Rank & above Viable Mons, you need to vote for atleast 2 in Ranked Pairs) :->

:gholdengo: :dragapult: :iron valiant: :zamazenta: :cinderace: :clefable: :iron moth: :manaphy: :ninetales-alola: :rillaboom: :samurott-hisui: :sneasler:

(Members who voted for the Next Week's Topic last 3 Slates aren't allowed to vote for it!! They can still vote for the Ting-Lu Sets!!

Voting Deadline: Saturday, December 2, 7:30 AM GMT[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Submissions Closed
Thanks a lot for all the new & improved sets for the WildCard Week!!

Hereby, I announce the commencement of voting. You guys probably know the drill! We will be voting in Ranked Pairs. Basically, you'll be ranking the sets in descending order of their viability, creativity & relevance to the metagame (you need to vote for a minimum of 2 candidates & a maximum of 5). An example could be A > B > C > D > E > F or F > E > D > C > B > A.

You may use the alphabets written in front of the sets to vote.

You like it? woodgoldtwo

Slate-4 (Ting-Lu)

New/Edited Sets:

View attachment 574949

Old Unedited Sets:

View attachment 574950

For the Next Week (probably after November), the candidates for the Topics are as follows (we've decided to add all of the A Rank & above Viable Mons, you need to vote for atleast 2 in Ranked Pairs) :->

:gholdengo: :dragapult: :iron valiant: :zamazenta: :cinderace: :clefable: :iron moth: :manaphy: :ninetales-alola: :rillaboom: :samurott-hisui: :sneasler:

(Members who voted for the Next Week's Topic last 3 Slates aren't allowed to vote for it!! They can still vote for the Ting-Lu Sets!!

Voting Deadline: Saturday, December 2, 7:30 AM GMT
The image isn’t loading for me

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
WTH, we need 4 more votes. Extending the deadline by 2 more days!!

I need to do something about the slate length!!

:blobsad:

kd458

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
A > I > H > G > E

#1, A: This looks a little questionable but it's really cool and I've actually played a couple friendlies helping people test where they've used AV Lu and it's done well, even if a regular Lu is usually better.
#2, I: With Rest this is just the standard stall set and I like Protect on non-stall for better longevity, esp. with Whirlwind to discourage things trying to take advantage of Protect with setup moves.
#3, H: Guessing the EVs are to kill Val or something? Cool tech and I know Lu'll live a hit off Val so it could be a good lure.
#4, G: Nice stall Lu set, really hard for non-choiced attackers to break through before they lose all their moves.
#5, E: Same tech but a very different set, I like this as a regular Lu that loads better into Zapdos without having to rely on EQ/Ruination predicts.

Last edited:

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
The Wildcard Week (more like month) is finally over!! Though not successful, it was a great way to learn more as well as adapt to the coming situations!! Kindly check the afformentioned changes, we will now be trying to have a better updated project without creating a fuss!!

• Previous Weeks: I've informed this earlier, and literally nobody took it seriously. The previous weeks will now be considered as a resource, so you all are allowed and highly suggested to post the sets or edit for the previous week!!!
  • Hall of Fame: Though not updated (will get soon, there were some problems with the Ranked Pairs Calculator when putting a lot of values), I'd like to have a Hall of Fame to contain everything regarding the winning sets. This includes Description, Teams, Cores, Threats, Replays, etc!!! I will now be allowed you all to post the above stuffs for any of the winning sets (whether it is yours or not). This will create more information about the sets, popularising is consequently. This is also a reminder that your submission will get better when you try to add these in your own submissions as well!!
  • Critical Reception: Just like how many members, eg: kd458 , give their views on the sets while voting, I want more such opinions, even outside the voting state. This will not only increase the clarity and suggestions to the set, but will also give a summary to the third person (viewer) about how others feel about the set, or what made others vote for this set. And yes, this will be added to the Hall of Fame!!
  • I will actually try to consult some of the active members regarding this (if they wish to), but would love if you volunteer it yourselves!!

Again, thanks a lot for bearing the month! Though not successful, I will try not repeat it the same way. One thing we learnt that the submissions & votes are scarce for the short period of time. Consequently, the submission & the voting period now lasts for 1 week each, a slate going up to 2 weeks!! This surely does slow down our project, but will increase the amount of participation (and remember, this ain't a race, it's supposed to be a chill project!!)

Couldn't calculate the winners for Meowscarada & Ting-Lu slate, reason is mentioned above (I presume you read the entire thing)!!

Screenshot_20231205-080805.png

Iron Moth tied with Clefable & won against everyone, whereas Clefable tied with both Iron Moth & Manaphy, while defeating everyone else!! So, the next week (a new beginning) is Iron Moth!!

Submissions Open

Week 11: Iron Moth

Pokédex_Image_Iron_Moth_SV (1).png

With extremely high Special Attack & Speed, access to powerful STABs along with a tremendous range of coverage options, Iron Moth can act as a great Wallbreaker, Sweeper or Utility option!! Let's see if you can use these qualities to create our Next Best Thing!!​

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Grass / Ground / Water
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball / Tera Blast

Iron Moth @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Grass / Psychic
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy / Fire / Flying
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower / Overheat
- Morning Sun

Submissions Deadline: Tuesday, December 12, 7:30 AM GMT

Voting Deadline: Tuesday, December 19, 7:30 AM GMT

Last edited:
Kingambit counter+ Sweeper
Tera Type: Fighting
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Discharge
- Tera Blast
This set pretty much checks every Kingambit Tera type and still functions as a decent sweeper, this is based on the standard sweeper set. Tera Fighting Tera blast hits dark types harder than psychic, and Discharge sacrifices 10 base power for hitting Toxapex and a 30% para chance. This set needs chip on Dragon types, which come in the form of an earlier booster energy Iron Valiant or Play Rough Ogerpon.

Last edited:
Venoshock :Iron Moth:
Iron Moth @ Focus Sash
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Whirlwind/Toxic
- Psychic
- Venoshock
- Fiery Dance
This set is revolved around venoshock, a base 130BP move when poisoned. With support from a :glimmora: hazard lead, :Iron Moth: can spam venoshock into many mons. Steels, which are immune, will be dealt with by Fiery Dance and Poison types are dealt with by Psychic (the move.) This can also function as an emergency phazer against the likes of Double Dance :Manaphy: and others. You can also choose Toxic to toxic flying types and in case your T-Spikes disappear, but Whirlwind is probably better to not be walled to death by :Heatran:. Might work for low ladder, obviously kinda sucks since it is mostly a gimmick set.

Physical Iron Moth
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Lunge
- Substitute

Don't use this set lol

an actual set:
Sunny Day Support+ Sweeper
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
This is basically the 4 attack set, but added Sunny Day, as a support on Sun Teams as it allow you to have backup sun being up in any given game, while still being difficult to wall thanks to Sun boosted attacks and dazzling gleam for Dragon types. Fire Blast is preferred for a higher power. Sun can also helps teamates to end game in certain matchups instead, which could be beneficial for sun as a whole.

Offensive Assault Vest Iron Moth

Iron Moth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Grass
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Discharge
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

Here we have and AoA set with Assault Vest, in order to have an emergency check to use on offensive teams. Also, this set can properly use Overheat, since Iron Moth has access to U-turn to keep the momentum.
Defensive calcs:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Iron Moth: 101-119 (33.5 - 39.5%) -- 22.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tera Steel Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Iron Moth: 135-160 (44.8 - 53.1%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Iron Moth: 163-193 (54.1 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Zapdos Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Iron Moth: 108-127 (35.8 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Iron Moth: 244-288 (81 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Discharge is picked over Sludge Wave, due to its 30% chance to punish a careless switch-in. Unfortunately, Iron Moth doesn't learn Sludge Bomb, otherwise it could be more valuable.
Tera Grass + Energy Ball is here to punish Ground/Water/Rock users of Earthquake, while providing resistance to it.
This is a cleaner set, so this moth doesn't have to OHKO things from full health. This means that hazards support is appreciated as well as hazards control on our side of the field since Iron Moth doesn't have reliable recovery.

Last edited:
Sunny Day + Solar Beam

:sv/iron moth:

Tera Type: Grass
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fiery Dance / Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Solar Beam

With Sunny Day, Iron Moth can set up its own Sun. While the Sun is up, its Fire attacks become even stronger, and it can reliably use Solar Beam, which is much stronger than Energy Ball, especially when factoring in the boost from Tera Grass.

EV spread is taken from the standard 3 attacks set.

Last edited:
Bulky Pivot

:sv/iron moth:

Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
252 SpA / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Flying
- Fiery Dance
- U-turn
- Morning Sun / Sludge Wave / Toxic Spikes
- Toxic Spikes / Sludge Wave

I feel like I've done this for so many sets, but I guess it's the way I play the game makes these sets look more appealing. Basically you can hit pretty hard still with your main attacks, but u turn helps you against common counters like.... Uh..... Does this have any? Toxic spikes helps whittle down bulkier mons ( tusk in particular) to eventually take down it's massive HP. Tera flying further boosts it's chances against tusk and other relevant ground types, while still being a good type to abuse it's booties ( how does a moth wear boots?). It's also got recovery for MAXIMUM LONGEVITY that could still be subbed out for another move since it dies to one hit anyways.

You COULD always put more investment into bulky to support it's recovery, but power is always nice.

It's BEST partner is none other than :alomomola: who can provide a water typing to almost complete the FWG core, while wish passing AND making a nice volt-turn core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)