Project SV OU Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEEK 12: Hoopa-Unbound

:ss/Hoopa_Unbound:

Hoopa has been a very potent offensive threat in the meta since HOME dropped, bolstering the best mixed attacking stats in the meta, allowing it to run insane coverage, and a variety of sets. It also gets access to knock off, in which distribution is low this gen. Though it was overshadowed by a lot of other new toys at the beginning of the gen, it hasn't really got much experimentation in OU outside Choice sets and Trick room teams. But there is a lot of room for cool tech with Hoopa, including Hyperspace Eject Pack and its ability Magician, allowing it to steal items after consuming an Eject Pack as well. Hoopa can provide an insanely strong breaker to any team that is in need of that raw-power, and in my opinion, it's underexplored thus far, hence the teambuilding competition.

You have until Saturday, the 17th of June to post your teams!
This is subject to extension if necessary, have fun building!

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/49a561e71b30db07

Alomomola wish support heals up the entire team, and blissey heal bell stops paralysis
Hoopa-U with assault vest tanks most special attacks, and tera ghost can be an emergency check for superpower enamorus and close combat sneasler
Overqwil is my lead of choice most of the time, setting up spikes or poisoning something with barb barrage. It also helps handle physical attackers mid-game
Great Tusk spins
and Zamazenta is for punishing spinners and u-turn users

:)

Zama and Hoopa-U synergise well together, hoopa handles most ghosts that beats zama (namely dengo and dirge) and zama helps handle u-turn users

im really tired and changed the details of the team like 10 times so this is definitely not my best team, but it works well enough I suppose

https://pokepast.es/74e26554f5ac1590 torkoal is there to set sun and be a second spinner to tusk with tera flying to avoid things like eq and headlong rush from tusk and eq for the ting lu yawn for general support in the end
hoopa does hoopa things with eject pack magician the tusk is a bulky spinner with the eq variant specs walking wake is there to break through teams in the long run or short term kingambit is ur end game sweeper or use nearer to the start this defo isnt the best team u can make but i believe it could do well enough in this meta

https://pokepast.es/39b66931e3bd14cd

Quick offense team I threw together with Choice Scarf Hoopa-U. Samurott-H can spam Ceaseless Edge early-game to chip dark resists and whittle the opponent down with spikes. Tusk and Glowking provide their usual defensive utility and pivoting. Taunt Torn-T is an easy lead in most matchups. It can stop the oponent from settinghazards, prevent set-up attempts, and pivot in the offensive mons. Agility Iron Moth has good immediate breaking power and it can sweep a lot of uprepared offence teams if given a free turn. The speeed boosting set could probably fit well on this team too. Scarf Hoopa-U can be quite prediction-reliant, especially early-game. I usually prefer to keep it as healthy as possible and use it to clean late-game with Dark Pulse (preferally tera-boosted).

Last edited:

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
MIXED SCARF HOOPA-U HAZARD STACK
:hoopa-unbound: :iron-valiant: :glimmora: :samurott-hisui: :gholdengo: :kingambit:
(Click sprites for team)

:hoopa-unbound: - I decided to experiment a team built around a mixed Hoopa-Unbound with scarf. Psychic allows you to threaten Zamazenta and Toxapex, Hyypersapce Fury against Pult, Drain Punch against Ting-Lu, and Trick to cripple walls (be wary of Black Sludge users like Pex tho)

:iron-valiant: - Fast special sweeper of the team. Outspeeds scarfed mons Hoopa loses to like Gholdengo and Samurott-H.

:glimmora: :samurott-hisui: - Hazard stackers. Scarf Samurott-H can even serve as a lategame wincon thanks to its moves aside from Knock Off getting a Sharpness boost

:gholdengo: - Mandatory addition on hazard stack teams. Blocks defog from corv and rapid spin

:kingambit: - Lategame sweeper and revenge killer

Last edited:
I'm assuming this is still open for submissions because there's nothing that says submissions are no longer accepted at the time of posting for this, so...

:ss/hoopa-unbound: :ss/cresselia: :ss/kingambit: :ss/hatterene: :ss/pelipper: :ss/basculegion:
(click sprites above for the paste)

Upon simply looking at this team for one millisecond you could probably easily find out this is a Trick Room team. Minimum Speed Hoopa-U is pretty slow, so I decided why not.

:Hoopa-Unbound:
I personally prefer a physical Hoopa over a special Hoopa, simply because of Hyperspace Fury. I added Trick so I can put my Choice Band on something like Toxapex and almost conpletely cancel it. If I lock it into Toxic and switch into Kingambit, I basically get a free SD. Drain Punch is a powerful recovery move, especially with Choice Band and that whopping base 160 Attack stat. A Brave nature further lowers your Speed stat and boosts your Attack stat, and the EVs are straightforward.

Time to speedrun explaining the rest of the team

:cresselia:
- Primary Trick Room setter.
- Can Lunar Dance when Basculegion, Hoopa, or Kingambit get low on HP and PP.
- Rocky Helmet so it switch in against physical attackers for chip damage.
- Should stay alive as long as possible (as long as there is at least one more other Pokémon).

:kingambit:
- Possible late-game sweeper.
- Pretty cracked under Trick Room.
- Leftovers for recovery.

:hatterene:
- Backup Trick Room setter.
- Expendable.
- Try to get as many paras as possible in case it dies and there are no more Trick Room setters.

:pelipper:
- Sets rain for Basculegion
- Shits on Electric-types with tera Ground Tera Blast
- Tailwind in case there are no more Trick Room setters
- Should stay alive as long as possible to set up more rain

:basculegion:
- The Backup Plan if no more Trick Room setters are active.
- Pelipper's partner-in-crime
- CB Wave Crash under rain murders millions

Yes, this is kind of a simple Hoopa team, but I'm kind of braindead and this is all I could think of.
Enjoy.

sorry for the long round, heres the voting

Team A
https://pokepast.es/49a561e71b30db07

Alomomola wish support heals up the entire team, and blissey heal bell stops paralysis
Hoopa-U with assault vest tanks most special attacks, and tera ghost can be an emergency check for superpower enamorus and close combat sneasler
Overqwil is my lead of choice most of the time, setting up spikes or poisoning something with barb barrage. It also helps handle physical attackers mid-game
Great Tusk spins
and Zamazenta is for punishing spinners and u-turn users

:)

Zama and Hoopa-U synergise well together, hoopa handles most ghosts that beats zama (namely dengo and dirge) and zama helps handle u-turn users

im really tired and changed the details of the team like 10 times so this is definitely not my best team, but it works well enough I suppose
Team B
https://pokepast.es/74e26554f5ac1590 torkoal is there to set sun and be a second spinner to tusk with tera flying to avoid things like eq and headlong rush from tusk and eq for the ting lu yawn for general support in the end
hoopa does hoopa things with eject pack magician the tusk is a bulky spinner with the eq variant specs walking wake is there to break through teams in the long run or short term kingambit is ur end game sweeper or use nearer to the start this defo isnt the best team u can make but i believe it could do well enough in this meta
Team C
https://pokepast.es/39b66931e3bd14cd

Quick offense team I threw together with Choice Scarf Hoopa-U. Samurott-H can spam Ceaseless Edge early-game to chip dark resists and whittle the opponent down with spikes. Tusk and Glowking provide their usual defensive utility and pivoting. Taunt Torn-T is an easy lead in most matchups. It can stop the oponent from settinghazards, prevent set-up attempts, and pivot in the offensive mons. Agility Iron Moth has good immediate breaking power and it can sweep a lot of uprepared offence teams if given a free turn. The speeed boosting set could probably fit well on this team too. Scarf Hoopa-U can be quite prediction-reliant, especially early-game. I usually prefer to keep it as healthy as possible and use it to clean late-game with Dark Pulse (preferally tera-boosted).
Team D
MIXED SCARF HOOPA-U HAZARD STACK
:hoopa-unbound: :iron-valiant: :glimmora: :samurott-hisui: :gholdengo: :kingambit:
(Click sprites for team)

:hoopa-unbound: - I decided to experiment a team built around a mixed Hoopa-Unbound with scarf. Psychic allows you to threaten Zamazenta and Toxapex, Hyypersapce Fury against Pult, Drain Punch against Ting-Lu, and Trick to cripple walls (be wary of Black Sludge users like Pex tho)

:iron-valiant: - Fast special sweeper of the team. Outspeeds scarfed mons Hoopa loses to like Gholdengo and Samurott-H.

:glimmora: :samurott-hisui: - Hazard stackers. Scarf Samurott-H can even serve as a lategame wincon thanks to its moves aside from Knock Off getting a Sharpness boost

:gholdengo: - Mandatory addition on hazard stack teams. Blocks defog from corv and rapid spin

:kingambit: - Lategame sweeper and revenge killer
Team E
I'm assuming this is still open for submissions because there's nothing that says submissions are no longer accepted at the time of posting for this, so...

:ss/hoopa-unbound: :ss/cresselia: :ss/kingambit: :ss/hatterene: :ss/pelipper: :ss/basculegion:
(click sprites above for the paste)

Upon simply looking at this team for one millisecond you could probably easily find out this is a Trick Room team. Minimum Speed Hoopa-U is pretty slow, so I decided why not.

:Hoopa-Unbound:
I personally prefer a physical Hoopa over a special Hoopa, simply because of Hyperspace Fury. I added Trick so I can put my Choice Band on something like Toxapex and almost conpletely cancel it. If I lock it into Toxic and switch into Kingambit, I basically get a free SD. Drain Punch is a powerful recovery move, especially with Choice Band and that whopping base 160 Attack stat. A Brave nature further lowers your Speed stat and boosts your Attack stat, and the EVs are straightforward.

Time to speedrun explaining the rest of the team

:cresselia:
- Primary Trick Room setter.
- Can Lunar Dance when Basculegion, Hoopa, or Kingambit get low on HP and PP.
- Rocky Helmet so it switch in against physical attackers for chip damage.
- Should stay alive as long as possible (as long as there is at least one more other Pokémon).

:kingambit:
- Possible late-game sweeper.
- Pretty cracked under Trick Room.
- Leftovers for recovery.

:hatterene:
- Backup Trick Room setter.
- Expendable.
- Try to get as many paras as possible in case it dies and there are no more Trick Room setters.

:pelipper:
- Sets rain for Basculegion
- Shits on Electric-types with tera Ground Tera Blast
- Tailwind in case there are no more Trick Room setters
- Should stay alive as long as possible to set up more rain

:basculegion:
- The Backup Plan if no more Trick Room setters are active.
- Pelipper's partner-in-crime
- CB Wave Crash under rain murders millions

Yes, this is kind of a simple Hoopa team, but I'm kind of braindead and this is all I could think of.
Enjoy.
You have around 4 days to vote
:hoopa_unbound: Deadline is Sunday, July 2nd :hoopa_unbound:
Reminder to not include your own team in the string of votes

Week 12 is over, congratulations to FYBIRR for winning. Your team will be updated to the archive once I can update it.

WEEK 13: Enamorus-Incarnate
:sv/Enamorus:

Enamorus has been one of the strongest mons we got with the HOME drops awhile ago. It's been consistently putting in work onto top ladder teams, and WCoP teams. It has a variety of sets making it extremely versatile and splashable on offensive teams. It acts as speed control with Scarf, a wallbreaker with Specs, and a dangerous sweeper with CM + Substitute sets. With such a versatile mon, there are a lot of directions to go and build with this mon.

You have until Tuesday, the 25th of July to submit your teams.​

:sv/enamorus: :sv/corviknight: :sv/great-tusk: :sv/samurott-hisui: :sv/slowking-galar: :sv/sandy-shocks:
(click on the sprites above for the paste)

:enamorus:
Enamorus is probably one of the best things to come out of the HOME update, yes, but I HATE IT SO MUCH!!! Yes, it's versatile, but sometimes it's so good that it gets boring to use. I like mons that are good but are still fun to use (fun to use in my opinion) but Enamorus just isn't. The one thing I like about Enamorus is that there are infinitely many sets to run, like Contrary CB Superpower, Specs, Scarf, and a lot more.
I decided to try out a Choice Specs set. You can tell by the movepool that it's clearly supposed to be a Special Attacker, so this set was pretty easy to make. It was the building around Enamorus that I was struggling with.

AND NOW: breaking down the rest of the team speedrun any%

:corviknight:
- Totally didn't add it to the team because it's my favorite Pokémon
- Probably shouldn't be sac'd for switch-in purposes and Defog
- Body Press could be replaced with U-Turn, I just prefer Body Press
- In a pinch? Who cares, just Brave Bird (or Roost if you don't want to die)

:great-tusk:
- Surprised he isn't dizzy yet (he's a Rapid Spinner haha very funny joke laugh now)
- Could be sac'd but it's recommended to keep him alive as long as possible
- Who tf is Heatran?

:samurott-hisui:
- My second favorite Sammy set
- Get as many Spikes as possible
- Sucker Punch away when you're about to die
- Tera Water Aqua Cutter does pretty well

:slowking-galar:
- A somewhat random addition to the team but still does really well
- Toxic as much as possible
- Future Sight goes crazy
- Chilly Reception just for safe switch
- Surf is kind of a placeholder; you could run Thunder Wave or Sludge Bomb in its place if you want

:sandy-shocks:
- Might as well try out the newest OU addition Actually pops off
- Could run a Choice item
- Could run Spikes over Thunderbolt
- Tera Ice Tera ️last for those Grass and Ground-types

In conclusion:
This team was actually pretty hard to make. It took me a while to decide what to put together with Enamorus until I finally found the perfect a solution.

https://pokepast.es/08f896c9cc45ac22
:slowking-galar: :enamorus: :samurott-hisui: :zamazenta: :great-tusk: :dragapult:

This is the team I've used the most ever since home got released with me updating the team ever since to accommodate for meta changes such as me replacing zamazenta crowned which was originally on the team with the regular one. Specs enamorus is insane and IMO extremely underatted and can break apart a lot of teams once the opponents designated fairy type switch in is gone. Tera fairy is for the extra nuking potential. Slowking-G and zamazenta make an amazing defensive core while slowking-g and dragapult are the pivot options. Tera fire zama is for will o wisp dragapults but you can run something like tera electric if you want a better matchup vs zapdos. I opted for scarf samurott instead of sash because I found scarf samurott to be more valuable for my team as a revenge killer rather than a suicide lead. Plus I needed the gholdengo switch in. Great tusk is there for rapid spin support because this team is pretty weak to hazards otherwise

https://pokepast.es/47f7a8f6dd43a5bf

A hazardless offense team that uses Scarf Breloom+AV Iron Treads to very effectively keep hazards off, allowing Life Orb Enamorus and speed Booster Energy Iron Moth to rip through opposing teams.

:Breloom: Breloom is an excellent counter-lead that is almost always able to put a mon to sleep, nobody expects scarf. Has a great matchup against Samurott-H and Ting-Lu even after Sleep Clause is activated. Tera Blast-Fire is there to punish any Gholdengo or Amoongus that tries to absorb Spore. The Jolly nature allows Breloom to outrun every unboosted mon except Dragapult, making it a surprisingly good revenge killer that can be worth around after it's put something to sleep.

:Kingambit: Kingambit here has a +Speed nature and Low Kick+Grass Knot. This set is intended to be used more as an early-mid game Ghost check and wallbreaker that also provides priority and can lure Great Tusk and opposing Kingambit. Expert Belt can be swapped out for others items like Life Orb, Leftovers, Dark Glasses or even Assault Vest depending on what your needs.

:Enamorus: Enamorus is the main wallbreaker for the team, with fairy+ground+fire coverage being very effective against most defensive cores. The item slot here is pretty flexible: choice specs gives even more power but makes Enamorus more prediction reliant, while expert belt and pixie plate preserve HP at the cost of lowered power. Psychic can also be swapped out for other moves like Calm Mind, Substitute, Taunt, and Superpower. Enamorus should generally be used early and aggressively, it is often worth sacking in order to chip down opposing special walls and clear the way for an Iron Moth sweep.

:Iron Moth: The main sweeper/cleaner for the team. Fiery Dance and Dazzling gleam are mandatory, however either of the the last two moves can be swapped out for Sludge Wave depending on what coverage you prefer. This mon is often the best choice to Tera, and can destroy a lot of teams with just a little chip (just don't rely on Fiery Dance boosts going your way). Enamorus is generally very good at chipping down opposing Fairy resists. Be aware that several of the common OU dragons arent KOed by Dazzling Gleam even after Tera, so make sure you get some chip or a Fiery Dance boost first.

:Iron Treads: If the opponent does get hazards up then Iron Treads is here to fix that. The speed EVs allow it to outrun base 100 mons. Provide a lot of utility and acts as a general-purpose spdef pivot. It also beats a lot of the special walls that stop Iron Moth (Slowking-G, Heatran, etc.).

:Zapdos: With this team generally keeping rocks off, Rocky Helmet Zapdos is a great all-purpose physdef pivot. Has a lot of defensive synergy with Iron Treads, I've won quite a few games by repeatedly Volt Switching between these two until the opponent is chipped enough for Iron Moth to sweep. Tera-Water is there to improve the sun/rain matchup, which is otherwise quite challenging for this team.

3 teams seems good enough to me so lets vote

Team A

:sv/enamorus: :sv/corviknight: :sv/great-tusk: :sv/samurott-hisui: :sv/slowking-galar: :sv/sandy-shocks:
(click on the sprites above for the paste)

:enamorus:
Enamorus is probably one of the best things to come out of the HOME update, yes, but I HATE IT SO MUCH!!! Yes, it's versatile, but sometimes it's so good that it gets boring to use. I like mons that are good but are still fun to use (fun to use in my opinion) but Enamorus just isn't. The one thing I like about Enamorus is that there are infinitely many sets to run, like Contrary CB Superpower, Specs, Scarf, and a lot more.
I decided to try out a Choice Specs set. You can tell by the movepool that it's clearly supposed to be a Special Attacker, so this set was pretty easy to make. It was the building around Enamorus that I was struggling with.

AND NOW: breaking down the rest of the team speedrun any%

:corviknight:
- Totally didn't add it to the team because it's my favorite Pokémon
- Probably shouldn't be sac'd for switch-in purposes and Defog
- Body Press could be replaced with U-Turn, I just prefer Body Press
- In a pinch? Who cares, just Brave Bird (or Roost if you don't want to die)

:great-tusk:
- Surprised he isn't dizzy yet (he's a Rapid Spinner haha very funny joke laugh now)
- Could be sac'd but it's recommended to keep him alive as long as possible
- Who tf is Heatran?

:samurott-hisui:
- My second favorite Sammy set
- Get as many Spikes as possible
- Sucker Punch away when you're about to die
- Tera Water Aqua Cutter does pretty well

:slowking-galar:
- A somewhat random addition to the team but still does really well
- Toxic as much as possible
- Future Sight goes crazy
- Chilly Reception just for safe switch
- Surf is kind of a placeholder; you could run Thunder Wave or Sludge Bomb in its place if you want

:sandy-shocks:
- Might as well try out the newest OU addition Actually pops off
- Could run a Choice item
- Could run Spikes over Thunderbolt
- Tera Ice Tera ️last for those Grass and Ground-types

In conclusion:
This team was actually pretty hard to make. It took me a while to decide what to put together with Enamorus until I finally found the perfect a solution.
Team B

https://pokepast.es/08f896c9cc45ac22
:slowking-galar: :enamorus: :samurott-hisui: :zamazenta: :great-tusk: :dragapult:

This is the team I've used the most ever since home got released with me updating the team ever since to accommodate for meta changes such as me replacing zamazenta crowned which was originally on the team with the regular one. Specs enamorus is insane and IMO extremely underatted and can break apart a lot of teams once the opponents designated fairy type switch in is gone. Tera fairy is for the extra nuking potential. Slowking-G and zamazenta make an amazing defensive core while slowking-g and dragapult are the pivot options. Tera fire zama is for will o wisp dragapults but you can run something like tera electric if you want a better matchup vs zapdos. I opted for scarf samurott instead of sash because I found scarf samurott to be more valuable for my team as a revenge killer rather than a suicide lead. Plus I needed the gholdengo switch in. Great tusk is there for rapid spin support because this team is pretty weak to hazards otherwise
Team C

https://pokepast.es/47f7a8f6dd43a5bf

A hazardless offense team that uses Scarf Breloom+AV Iron Treads to very effectively keep hazards off, allowing Life Orb Enamorus and speed Booster Energy Iron Moth to rip through opposing teams.

:Breloom: Breloom is an excellent counter-lead that is almost always able to put a mon to sleep, nobody expects scarf. Has a great matchup against Samurott-H and Ting-Lu even after Sleep Clause is activated. Tera Blast-Fire is there to punish any Gholdengo or Amoongus that tries to absorb Spore. The Jolly nature allows Breloom to outrun every unboosted mon except Dragapult, making it a surprisingly good revenge killer that can be worth around after it's put something to sleep.

:Kingambit: Kingambit here has a +Speed nature and Low Kick+Grass Knot. This set is intended to be used more as an early-mid game Ghost check and wallbreaker that also provides priority and can lure Great Tusk and opposing Kingambit. Expert Belt can be swapped out for others items like Life Orb, Leftovers, Dark Glasses or even Assault Vest depending on what your needs.

:Enamorus: Enamorus is the main wallbreaker for the team, with fairy+ground+fire coverage being very effective against most defensive cores. The item slot here is pretty flexible: choice specs gives even more power but makes Enamorus more prediction reliant, while expert belt and pixie plate preserve HP at the cost of lowered power. Psychic can also be swapped out for other moves like Calm Mind, Substitute, Taunt, and Superpower. Enamorus should generally be used early and aggressively, it is often worth sacking in order to chip down opposing special walls and clear the way for an Iron Moth sweep.

:Iron Moth: The main sweeper/cleaner for the team. Fiery Dance and Dazzling gleam are mandatory, however either of the the last two moves can be swapped out for Sludge Wave depending on what coverage you prefer. This mon is often the best choice to Tera, and can destroy a lot of teams with just a little chip (just don't rely on Fiery Dance boosts going your way). Enamorus is generally very good at chipping down opposing Fairy resists. Be aware that several of the common OU dragons arent KOed by Dazzling Gleam even after Tera, so make sure you get some chip or a Fiery Dance boost first.

:Iron Treads: If the opponent does get hazards up then Iron Treads is here to fix that. The speed EVs allow it to outrun base 100 mons. Provide a lot of utility and acts as a general-purpose spdef pivot. It also beats a lot of the special walls that stop Iron Moth (Slowking-G, Heatran, etc.).

:Zapdos: With this team generally keeping rocks off, Rocky Helmet Zapdos is a great all-purpose physdef pivot. Has a lot of defensive synergy with Iron Treads, I've won quite a few games by repeatedly Volt Switching between these two until the opponent is chipped enough for Iron Moth to sweep. Tera-Water is there to improve the sun/rain matchup, which is otherwise quite challenging for this team.

B > A >= C

Same reasoning. Not a huge fan of the sets in team A such as the lack of Moonblast on Enamorus. Somet ideas on team C are a bit weird to me, like Grass Knot Kingambit can lure Great Tusk but then there is nothing to take advantage of said lure.

Team B is honestly the only solid team here. Team C tries to "lure" pokemon but gets absolutely destroyed by that said pokemon if they don't tera. Team A has stealth rock great tusk with an offensive rapid spin set.

B > C > A

Participating in voting this time, I like team B a lot. Seems pretty solid overall and I can't find any major flaws. Team C was preferable to team A, team A feels a bit janky.

Week 13 is over, congratulations to Seucra Lockhart for winning! Your team will be added to the archive when I update it hopefully soon.

WEEK 14: Cresselia
:ss/Cresselia:

Cresselia was a mon overlooked when HOME got released as a trick room setter for those rare teams that abused Ursaluna in trick room near the beginning of HOME. With trick room falling out of favour however, Cresselia found a place in the metagame as a Calm Mind + Stored Power sweeper, with the occasional Lunar Dance + Trick Room sets to support dangerous trick room sweepers. It still fell to UU however with the July shifts. However, during the month of July it picked up usage as a Stored Power sweeper, and got enough usage to come back to OU with the August shifts, making it perfect for the first competition this month. Its versatility as a great support mon and a sweeper make it interesting to build with and around. It even got featured in an RMT with a team made by kd458 here proving how great a sweeper it is with the right support!

You have until Monday, the 7th of August to submit your teams!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)