Resource SV OU Teal Mask Viability Ranking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy jargon, but you don't get to dictate what is good and what is not when all of this is subjective. If you wanna take it there, we can. I stated how I felt about Torn-T, and it is what it is.
Viability rankings are actually dictating what is good is not, and in fact are not subjective. This is a place for more objective analyses, not opinions, if you're looking for the latter, the metagame discussion thread is right there. There is a lower bar of quality for posting there, and in fact I'm a little embarrassed about engaging with this post in a more serious thread like this (mods feel free to delete this.)

Leftovers Torn-T is objectively bad and there was no "fancy jargon" in the post you're replying to

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
Viability rankings are actually dictating what is good is not, and in fact are not subjective. This is a place for more objective analyses, not opinions, if you're looking for the latter, the metagame discussion thread is right there. There is a lower bar of quality for posting there, and in fact I'm a little embarrassed about engaging with this post in a more serious thread like this (mods feel free to delete this.)

Leftovers Torn-T is objectively bad and there was no "fancy jargon" in the post you're replying to
Objectivity is based on if it can be FACTUALLY proven for EVERYBODY. You can't dictate that. We can all say the sky is blue because that's what we designated the color blue to be. You're not about to tell me EVERYBODY feels the same way about Torn-T when we don't.

Objectivity is based on if it can be FACTUALLY proven for EVERYBODY. You can't dictate that. We can all say the sky is blue because that's what we designated the color blue to be. You're not about to tell me EVERYBODY feels the same way about Torn-T when we don't.
Well if you want to convince people you could start by actually mentioning a single Pokémon that Torn T matches up comparatively well into or a scenario where it's useful for its team rather than saying "it can clean up [unspecified team structures and Pokémon] late game if the rest of the team provides heavy support and you're running particular teammates" and making weird analogies about the color of the sky (again mods feel free to delete as I feel this is below the bar for quality disucussion in the viability rankings thread.) you actually CAN use facts to demonstrate a Pokémon's viability such as matchups and calcs, and provide proof via high level replays, you are simply choosing not to

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
Well if you want to convince people you could start by actually mentioning a single Pokémon that Torn T matches up comparatively well into or a scenario where it's useful for its team rather than saying "it can clean up [unspecified team structures and Pokémon] late game if the rest of the team provides heavy support and you're running particular teammates" and making weird analogies about the color of the sky (again mods feel free to delete as I feel this is below the bar for quality disucussion in the viability rankings thread)
See. Now, we're getting somewhere. Will do so. But next time, it's about how you approach a situation. You can't expect to have actions meriting several results when you box yourself in a corner. All I was stating is that the Torn-T set I use has shown SOME, hypothetical, promise (I guess). Not everybody is gonna always be able to provide "high level tournament replays" when we all STILL play the game frequently (at the end of the day).

All I was stating is that the Torn-T set I use has shown SOME, hypothetical, promise (I guess). Not everybody is gonna always be able to provide "high level tournament replays" when we all STILL play the game frequently (at the end of the day).
Then SV OU Metagame discussion is the place to express that - not here. You need to be sure if you're posting here.

(mods feel free to delete my post or this entire back and forth as it is below the bar for quality of this thread)

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
Then SV OU Metagame discussion is the place to express that - not here. You need to be sure if you're posting here.

(mods feel free to delete my post or this entire back and forth as it is below the bar for quality of this thread)
I feel like you're dry snitching, but okay. Since you don't wanna make peace, I'll just agree to disagree. It's not like I JUST said raise Torn-T's rank. I gave you a reason, and you're gonna, essentially, tell me it's not objective enough. Go figure. I'm done here.

enjoying these last moments of the mask as i can (even though i hated the meta post gliscor ban) zapgoat being A+ and skeledirge being solidly ou is a truly fond farewell to defensive play, see you on the other side
To elaborate on this, because I updated this at an awkward time, this is what will be happening: instead of having a formal vote on everything, I'm going to make it a more informal thing where VR council members can add Pokemon that they feel deserve to be tweaked or discussed. Once we're a couple days out I'll alert the council to vote proper and then I'll finalize the OP before DLC2.

As such, if there's a Pokemon you feel passionate about retooling before we transition into the next stage of SV OU, now is the time to make a big push for your nomination!!
Safe to say to this tweak isn’t happening, the timing really was a bit too awkward:smogonbird:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
enjoying these last moments of the mask as i can (even though i hated the meta post gliscor ban) zapgoat being A+ and skeledirge being solidly ou is a truly fond farewell to defensive play, see you on the other side

Safe to say to this tweak isn’t happening, the timing really was a bit too awkward:smogonbird:
Nope. Unfortunately we just didn't have much discussion in the VR council and nothing was really brought up as needing a tweak/vote.

As such, no tweak really needs to happen!! As such, I will be closing this thread and I will be sure to be back soon with a viability list for DLC2. Have a good time with the DLC all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)