Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Un-Popular opinion:

I’m completely content with Tera , despite its perceived negative influence on the competitiveness of OU singles.
Tera's been great. Despite the meta being under a constant barrage of OP nonsense, plus the omnipresent Gholdengo/Great Tusk duo (which is.. probably fine? If a bit concerningly omnipresent), there's always so many new things to see, and ways to tech against what's good.

It's just unfortunate it released in such an overpowered generation, because that's warped perception of the mechanic being the problem. Right now, though? Most of the worst offenders, even in NatDex, are the same, gen 9, original suspects. And I think that says a more about the mechanic than any amount of essays ever could.

Last edited:
Few friends have asked the following: "why cant we just complex ban speed boost on only Espathra? It still has two other abilities, if it's speed boost that makes it broken then just get rid of that ability on that singular mon."

Wanted to know reasons for this not being an option other than "complex bans bad"
It's a similar issue with Houndstone's ban; So far, of the legal Pokemon currently in SV, Espathra is the ONLY one with Speed Boost (just like how Houndstone is the only Pokemon with Last Respects.) If you ban Speed Boost, then other Speed Boosters show up, suddenly they're randomly hindered before they get the chance to hit the ground running. If you ban Espathra, then when the other Speed Boosters are released, they can play with all their tools.

I know once Basculegion and Hisuian Basculin come out, Last Respects is going bye bye and spook doggo is coming back.

Also another note on the Speed Boost, think about back in Gen 5 when Blaziken first got Speed Boost. If you banned SB over Blaziken, suddenly Ninjask got banned for no good reason until its Dream World/Hidden Ability was released.

How many of the mons we’ve banned so far will be retested once home drops? Feel like a couple mons banned so far could potentially be fine in a metagame with Tran and Lando

I want to know if landorus-t will dethrone great tusk or not. That is what I want to see.
Lando-T loses a lot of its role compression with the loss of Knock Off, Toxic, and Defog to its movepool. I expect Great Tusk to be #1 in usage even when Lando-T returns. Lando-T won't even be Top 3 in usage IMO, and I'm hedging my bets with Top 3 since I think it'll be quite a bit lower, but I settled with Top 3 in case of people being nostalgic for Lando-T.

I can't believe STALLGON decided to RUIN another GREAT pokemon tier once again......

after eating my AMAZING toast this morning while running to the BUS, i opened up my phone and played a game of random battles...

my opponent has CHIEN PAO, and it died INSTANTLY to my tera fairy sunflora... and THIS is the POKEMON stallgon decides to ban THIS TIME?!?!

after my intro to algebra class, i ONCE AGAIN open up my phone, and play another game of random batles... ESPATHRA! It instantly loses to my chi yu... and i think...

"life is great! stallgon ahsnt ruined my favorite tier!"

grr... if i only knew.

after gym class... (i fucking HATE push-ups... grr...) i open my phone once more. it tells me that my limited data plan has RUN OUT. later i would find out this happened IN THE EXACT HOUR of the ban of one of the MOST balnced pokemon ive ever seen...

now is this REALLY stallgon's doing? i can never know, but there.s no way this is a meer coincidence. i cant even play randmb attles, my grr.. hahhh.. faVORITE game in the whole wild world... i must calm...

so anyway. i finish my final class, art, and im finally done with a hard day at midle school. i get home, and i finally have wifi once again! i click the youtube app and there... on my home page...

a video by my favorite youtuber... "CHIEN PAO AND ESPATHRA BANNED"

even just THINKING about IT makes me MAAAAAAAD. HOW did stallgon find this ACCEPTABLE???? i beat it earlier with SUNFLORA? HOW?

i watch the video, stopping every twenty second to pause. i cant TAKE more at a time. how... how did STALLGON ruin my favorite tier??? again? do they LOVE CLEFABLE? how?!?!?! STALLGON STOLE EVERYTHING I LOVED

like n share if you can relate... sign my change dot org petition to get chien pao UNBANNED,WE WILL MAKE FINCHINATOR LISTEN
Screenshot (75).png

Last edited:
I can't believe STALLGON decided to RUIN another GREAT pokemon tier once again......

after eating my AMAZING toast this morning while running to the BUS, i opened up my phone and played a game of random battles...

my opponent has CHIEN PAO, and it died INSTANTLY to my tera fairy sunflora... and THIS is the POKEMON stallgon decides to ban THIS TIME?!?!

after my intro to algebra class, i ONCE AGAIN open up my phone, and play another game of random batles... ESPATHRA! It instantly loses to my chi yu... and i think...

"life is great! stallgon ahsnt ruined my favorite tier!"

grr... if i only knew.

after gym class... (i fucking HATE push-ups... grr...) i open my phone once more. it tells me that my limited data plan has RUN OUT. later i would find out this happened IN THE EXACT HOUR of the ban of one of the MOST balnced pokemon ive ever seen...

now is this REALLY stallgon's doing? i can never know, but there.s no way this is a meer coincidence. i cant even play randmb attles, my grr.. hahhh.. faVORITE game in the whole wild world... i must calm...

so anyway. i finish my final class, art, and im finally done with a hard day at midle school. i get home, and i finally have wifi once again! i click the youtube app and there... on my home page...

a video by my favorite youtuber... "CHIEN PAO AND ESPATHRA BANNED"

even just THINKING about IT makes me MAAAAAAAD. HOW did stallgon find this ACCEPTABLE???? i beat it earlier with SUNFLORA? HOW?

i watch the video, stopping every twenty second to pause. i cant TAKE more at a time. how... how did STALLGON ruin my favorite tier??? again? do they LOVE CLEFABLE? how?!?!?! STALLGON STOLE EVERYTHING I LOVED

like n share if you can relate... sign my change dot org petition to get chien pao UNBANNED,WE WILL MAKE FINCHINATOR LISTENView attachment 491415
goated post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)