Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 32 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Are you tired of losing games to +2 Volcarona or +1 Speed Roaring Moon? Does your Sun team hate Iron Boulder? Might I introduce you to Scarf Roaring Moon. Under the Sun and with a Choice Scarf in tow, Roaring Moon outpaces things that it otherwise wouldn't be able to like Scarf Meowscarada or the aforementioned Volcarona and Iron Boulder. Tera Dragon is needed in order to buff Outrage, as otherwise you can't OHKO Tera Flying Moon and even fail to do so vs any Iron Boulder variants. It's quite sad, honestly.

The only semblance of a chance Stall has against Tera Fire Goug is Tera Watering their Gliscor and clicking Toxic to hopefully put it on a timer. Which is an absolute non-factor if you apply one of the Psychic / Fairies for Wish / Healing Wish support in Scream Tail or Hatterene respectively.

Provided you have a Helmet user to punish U-Turn attempts, I think it can and does work wonders. The 160/170 offenses are really just icing on the cake, you're almost always guaranteed to trade something at worst and potentially demolish entire balance teams at best.
Exactly. Stall lacking clefable has literally no switch in to STAB Choice and protosynthesis-boosted outrage unless something has tera fairy, at which point you can take advantage of that.

In no particular order:

Gouging Fire
Raging Bolt
Walking Wake
Gholdengo
Gliscor
Kingambit
Enamorus
Deoxys-S
Volcarona
Iron Boulder
Roaring Moon
Iron Valiant

OU Meta will be better if they go.
Hmmm... That's definitely not wrong. I would still put Kyurem and Archaludon.
Kicking Terastal could save Kimgambit, Volcarona, and maybe Enamorus and Gliscor from my list. (Also Regieleki backs.)

btw 10/128 votes remaining and still no verdict, it will be very close and again my stubbornness about the 60% x 50% knocks on the door.

Taking advantage of the post, I agree that an excess of Surveys can be harmful, 6-8 weeks seems like a good time to guide the council on priorities and make 2 or 3 suspects, we still have this topic and the tournaments thermometer to help.

Just wanted to say ive played approx ~120 games of gen9ou and managed to get 1700 on weirdo faye building my own teams (no alting or anything of that sort) and ive barely even seen kyurem being played at all on the ladder, less than 10 games actually despite everyone saying its so good (no exaggeration), havent been on what u guys called the high ladder so i wouldnt know what the situation there is, but whole ladder is literally filled with nothing but cheese offense cos the power creep in sv is so high (if u cant beat the cheese then u join them)

Might be me inhaling a whole lot of copium but maybe fix the meta its so much fun playing vs cheese every single game kappa, think 90% of players are just casual ladder players like me, cater to the majority instead imo instead of the 'pro scene'

L0o0o0o0l

Exactly. Stall lacking clefable has literally no switch in to STAB Choice and protosynthesis-boosted outrage unless something has tera fairy, at which point you can take advantage of that.
220 Atk Tera Dragon Roaring Moon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 178-210 (35.3 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

(also my friend told me to make a team with florges and I made a stall team with it. it's ok i guess.)
Petals (Florges-Yellow) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain/Draining Kiss/Synthesis
- Chilling Water
- Protect/Synthesis/Skill Swap
Both of Flowey's abilities kinda suck, so... just give it to the next person lol.
Or, to really screw up people,
Petals (Florges-Yellow) @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Draining Kiss
- Chilling Water
- Alluring Voice
Setup beats stall with dead unaware mons? No!
TBH CB protosynthesis max attack adamant Gouging can break through dondozo.
252+ Atk Choice Band Protosynthesis Tera Fire Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo in Sun: 252-297 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
they can just rest stall your recoil with un switchius freeius.

Last edited:
220 Atk Tera Dragon Roaring Moon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 178-210 (35.3 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

(also my friend told me to make a team with florges and I made a stall team with it. it's ok i guess.)
Petals (Florges-Yellow) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Chilling Water
- Protect/Synthesis/Skill Swap
Both of Flowey's abilities kinda suck, so... just give it to the next person lol.
Or, to really screw up people,
Petals (Florges-Yellow) @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Draining Kiss
- Chilling Water
- Alluring Voice
Setup beats stall with dead unaware mons? No!

252+ Atk Choice Band Protosynthesis Tera Fire Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo in Sun: 252-297 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Outrage though. It does an insane amount of damage and they cant rest stall you because on the rest turn you kill them right?

I decided to log in to ask this, even though I decided to take a break, but what are people using to actually check Archaludon? So far I've seen only clodsire reliably check it but it getting past it isn't impossible due to rng drops or hazards. Skeledirge is another check in theory but it's extremely difficult it seems to deal with it in general without 2 mons minimum. I'm asking this because people are saying it's easy to deal with but not providing actual answers.

I tried it during the suspect, using the sample Triple steel rain but it felt more like an issue of the team rather than of arch itself as I had to use it as a response to some things and it got overwhelmed pretty regularly. It also felt like some games it was just absurdly punishing from the coverage + stamina. It's been a while so I could be misremebering but I'd like to know some options I could include in teams to more reliably deal with it outside of clod.
Ting Lu can switch in and trade with AV Archaludon. Spef gliscor can also usually trade. Both of these mons deal ~50% to AV arch on the first hit with EQ. They can kill Arch before it racks up too many def boosts.

If you want an Arch lure, you can use Tera Ground Serp. Bait it in on the leaf storm than bop it with a +2 tera ground blast.

Oh ok. That makes sense since I thought its only niche was a SD sweeper on HO.
I don't think it's even particularly good at that, its STAB moves (main offender zen Headbutt) are so weak and bad and it doesn't get stab from the attacks it actually wants to click, earthquake and CC, so it feels like it's always coming up short before SD, so it has to take chip to get the SD up, putting it into priority range. Worlds worst defensive presence on all accounts and the type also really does it no favors offensively. Boulder always feels like the odd one out on those teams with Roaring Moon, Volc, etc. Still good as a sack at least. Maybe eeveeto can explain what he means? Overall very confused how one can arrive at the conclusion "don't ban Archaludon, ban Enamorus and Boulder"

Problem is that you would need to sack something in order for Dondozo to switch in safely. Say your opponent manages to get Gouging Fire with Sun in against say your Hydrapple. You would need to sack something on your Stall team in order to even get Dondozo in. If you switch Dondozo in, you take over 50% and then get outsped and KO’d.
Though that is what Stall teams have to deal with this gen since so much of the meta can easily break Stall teams, and the meta being more fast pace HO. And also kind of hard for Stall to really stop Gouging Fire compared to other playstyles which can pressure it or Sun setters from coming in with offense and hazards.

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Problem is that you would need to sack something in order for Dondozo to switch in safely. Say your opponent manages to get Gouging Fire with Sun in against say your Hydrapple. You would need to sack something on your Stall team in order to even get Dondozo in. If you switch Dondozo in, you take over 50% and then get outsped and KO’d.
Though that is what Stall teams have to deal with this gen since so much of the meta can easily break Stall teams, and the meta being more fast pace HO. And also kind of hard for Stall to really stop Gouging Fire compared to other playstyles which can pressure it or Sun setters from coming in with offense and hazards.
If more stall teams started running SD Tera Water Gliscor, Sun would be a non-issue for them. Yes even CB G-Fire.

Raging fury. More spammable than ever since Heatran usage is downhill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 136)