Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
What was your favorite moment of the year?
SV OU drop, pre nerf booster energy was so fun and we had all the broken shit to use. SO to Great Tusk for giving me tons of 6-0s day one with pre nerf attack booster + rapid spin and tera ground, shit had 0 counters

To take the debate away from sneasler/ghold for a second, what are everyone's thoughts on Blaziken coming back? Saw the question in the Office Hours (where you, yes you, can talk to the REAL LIVE FINCHINATOR) about (THE REAL LIVE) Finchinator's opinion on Blaziken in a Tera meta and it got me thinking. With Speed Boost, Swords Dance, an immaculate offensive type combination, and now Tera to boost its coverage, it certainly sounds excellent, maybe even broken, but powercreep could also finally catch up to it. What do you think?
Doesn’t matter if the 19th Tera is a neutral typing or an omni-type, but giving Blaziken and Serperior a spammable and completely unwallable 80 BP STAB and completely neutral typing to survive more hits, those two are gonna be unstoppable behind screens.

Before fairies were a thing Outrage was fucking everywhere because there were no immunities and only one resist. If this 19th Tera is indeed pure neutral typing, it will FOR SURE break some stuff and I'm honestly kinda curious to see what shitmon suddenly becomes unwallable

Got a ban coming when I drive home if I can stay awake
Cheers to you and the council for acting upon the survey results this quickly, it's a lot of work but we appreciate it :sphearical:

About the survey results, I don't think any mon but Sneasler could've amassed as many votes from the qualified playerbase. Also, just speculation on my part, even if Dengo were the one to have had the highest score, I imagine the council would've settled on a suspect for it, just to ascertain its influence in OU after Gliscor's ban.

Rip sneas.

Gambit and Dengo also need ban.
Gambit not feeling so broken is mostly because everyone over prepares for it, it is no fun getting reverse swept. Despite all this, its an incredible mon to use that will always do some heavy lifting, any mon getting this heavily counter played almost everygame would either fall to UU or be banned to Ubers.
Dhengo isnt as obvious but its crazy strong and also very centralizing, it heavily favours a hazard abussive meta, as it makes any kind of actual hazard removal considerably harder. (Tidy up is not reliable unless cursed bulky meme maushold, court change isnt really removing anything in the end and GWeezing isnt just there)

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
Before fairies were a thing Outrage was fucking everywhere because there were no immunities and only one resist. If this 19th Tera is indeed pure neutral typing, it will FOR SURE break some stuff and I'm honestly kinda curious to see what shitmon suddenly becomes unwallable
When rampardos untheorems itself, what will yall even do? Give it sticky web support and it just wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)