Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, everything that needs roost and makes sense to have the move this gen has it, except for:
  • gliscor, which is one of the best mons in the meta without it
  • the genies/therians, which never had it (largely because prankster roost would be very annoying, and if they only gave it to landorus and enamorus, the other two would complain to hr)
  • the crown tundra birds, which also never had it for some incomprehensible reason (clown tundra moment)
  • tropius, which just uses harvest instead
  • honchkrow, probably because they knew how bullshit good murkrow was going to be in vgc and decided it didn't need the help
  • charizard, which you'd really think game freak would have made an exception for but they shockingly didn't
  • staraptor, which… wait, what the fuck? staraptor doesn't get roost this gen? since fucking when
  • delibird, which is a meme-tier mon anyway
  • mew, which, well, fuck mew i guess
Tornadus with roost would be a nightmare probably game freak really likes pokemon having a type

i just wanted to hit home the point that it wasn't spammable because whenever i play randbats people seem to call the move a "no skill spam move"
also the fact that i didn't see that part
it is a no-skill spam move because unless your physical attacker is able to ohko the user of it, you just can't do anything at all to them while they stay healthy. It's also given to very annoying pokemon (jumpluff, drifblim, polteageist) that have other annoying tools like Sleep Powder to really just fuck with you. It IS a spammable move because while you are healing less each time, your opponent is also doing less, so you can just keep using it. Then, when their attack is at -2 or lower, you can basically switch to anything for free and make progress.

I don't doubt that Roost and defog is going to come back in dlc 2. Like come on if knock off is back as a tm then why not roost. I'm telling you guys this, when Gliscor gets Roost and defog again, Tusk usage is going down. I don't mind if Lando has defog again, Lando is okay in this Gen and not annoying. Could Gliscor get banned if it has roost and defog lol maybe but I hope not.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
I don't doubt that Roost and defog is going to come back in dlc 2. Like come on if knock off is back as a tm then why not roost. I'm telling you guys this, when Gliscor gets Roost and defog again, Tusk usage is going down. I don't mind if Lando has defog again, Lando is okay in this Gen and not annoying. Could Gliscor get banned if it has roost and defog lol maybe but I hope not.
1695735421000.png

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Tinkaton is the most disappointing Pokémon ever, change my mind
It was quite an underrated pick in Home. A great typing with tons of defensive utility like Rocks, T-Wave, Knock, but more importantly Encore. Tinkaton also outsped the likes of Bax which is a big deal since it can eat anything aside from a predicted EQ and Encore it for clicking SD, and can do the same to NP Ghold thanks to Mold Breaker. However Bax got banned, and mons like Clef, Gliscor, and Empoleon can provide the same amount of utility while having a much better defensive presence. Encore is still way too valuable to pass up but are you gonna be running this thing just to lock Gambit into Sucker when you can just…use Waterpon for that?

Tinkaton is the most disappointing Pokémon ever, change my mind
Great typing, great movepool, mediocre stats. In another gen long ago it would OU due to excellent utility matchups with top threats, but in the end, its stat distribution and total is basically Poliwrath with better speed and worse offenses and bulk. Oh and fantastic typing and utility movepool.

I guess to change your mind, how can something be disappointing when you never believed in it in the first place.

Just wait until Tinkaton gets her Hammer as a Thick Club held item! Then she can do this!
252 Atk Huge Power Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 126-149 (31.5 - 37.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

For some actual talk I wonder how much tiering action we can expect for DLC1 meta given the short time frame and how volatile even a few additions tend to be like Walking Wake or the Starter 1-offs pre-Home. I know the Council has a Suspect planned, but it feels like at this stage we'd mostly end up focusing on stuff that's not going to be balanced by nature rather than by possible checks or Meta Shifts (see Physical-Blissey Baxcalibur and mini-Zacian-Crowned Ogerpon-H). All this as a roundabout way to say I'm curious what comes next

Just wait until Tinkaton gets her Hammer as a Thick Club held item! Then she can do this!
252 Atk Huge Power Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 126-149 (31.5 - 37.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

For some actual talk I wonder how much tiering action we can expect for DLC1 meta given the short time frame and how volatile even a few additions tend to be like Walking Wake or the Starter 1-offs pre-Home. I know the Council has a Suspect planned, but it feels like at this stage we'd mostly end up focusing on stuff that's not going to be balanced by nature rather than by possible checks or Meta Shifts (see Physical-Blissey Baxcalibur and mini-Zacian-Crowned Ogerpon-H). All this as a roundabout way to say I'm curious what comes next
>0% chance to 3HKO after leftovers recovery
surely this will be how tinkaton becomes meta

This picture makes me think I'm about to be on the Radar.

Real talk, the full radar listings are always interesting to me even compared to Suspects, because seeing the specifics around some of the big Metagame presences (balanced or unbalanced) also paints an interesting picture of what's trending and what Morkal will have to cook for role compression what to play with if I wanna try something anti-Meta.

Since we're talking about Strength Sap, imma take a moment to spam the forums with my favorite Driftblim Build

Purple Haze (Drifblim) (M) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Fighting / Poison
EVs: 252 Def / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Strength Sap
- Calm Mind / Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball / Hex
- Tera Blast / Will-O-Wisp

Haven't used it in a little bit with all the new toys, but I have fun with this. Very customizable for what your team needs. With Grassy Seed active, you can go toe to toe with a Kingambit even boosted with 5 SO. You may not even need to Tera if you catch it early enough!

First half of the set was once featured on a Grassy Terrain Drifblim set on Team of the Month a little while ago. The second bracket are my edits. Drift is extremely customizable, and having T Wave, WoW and Hex made it a very potent team player. I didn't realize how useful status and support moves were on an Unburden mon. Obvious weaknesses, hard walled by normals...but you aren't using the set for that. Still, I reccomend Calm Mind and one other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)