Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v2 [Update on Post #5186]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo ou thread, can yall give me opinions on my team? https://pokepast.es/c1515c8d25a76014
Why AV Heatran? Normally I see Booster Energy iron Moth on HO since it can be either really fast or strong w/ booster energy and is a real nightmare to deal with. Gholdengo also seems like it could be a better fit since it blocks hazard removal. Scarf could be used to revenge pult.

Never seen a Dragonite run LO. It might have potential due to boosted ESpeed being strong but I think Silk Scarf is better so dragonite can keep multiscale in tact.

Probably want some speed on hat to outspeed Toxapex, and Timg-Lu.

Last edited:

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
Do we even need real dataminers for the dlc mons? just wait a few hours for people to slog through the story, catch the mons, bottlecap them to 31 iv, and figure out their stats and learnset.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Reminder that the actual last post will be by the one who closes the thread, either by Finch or Ausma trying to rob each other
Alternatively, it's by the one that starts the thread (me)

I was gonna post anyways saying that I will be making a new thread as soon as I have all the confirmed data. I'll be around all night long playing the DLC as well, so it hopefully shouldn't take too long to get everything finalized. Hope you all enjoy the DLC if you plan on playing it n_n

Discussion among y’all: What pokemon, new or returning, are you most excited to see in the DLC? I am excited for Sinistcha, especially seeing its sig move.

Yo ou thread, can yall give me opinions on my team? https://pokepast.es/c1515c8d25a76014
  • lefties is a lot better on heatran than assault vest. it helps out heatran's longevity, which generally outweighs the extra bulk that av gives, and frees it up to run its extremely important status moves. as for the movepool, toss out everything except earth power. for stab, run magma storm instead of lava plume—heatran's ability to trap is invaluable. if you still have your heart set on burning things, run will-o-wisp as one of your other moves; it's about 3 times more likely to burn as lava plume is. if you feel like you can go without burning, you can run stealth rock in that slot instead and free up a moveslot on sandy shocks, or tera blast as a good way to bonk waters and grounds. for your last slot, taunt. heatran always needs taunt and magma storm, this is of the utmost importance for stallbreaking
  • your hamurott doesn't need much tweaking, but it looks like you want to use it as a lead instead of a setup sweeper, so ditch swords dance for something with more utility like knock off, taunt, or possibly encore. you can also do with running razor shell over aqua cutter, but that's a matter of personal preference—if you prefer the consistency of 100% accuracy, that's perfectly understandable and fine
  • life orb is very counterproductive on dragonite. you want to keep multiscale intact for as long as you can because that makes setup easier, so being at full hp is more important than doing slightly more damage. swap it out for heavy-duty boots to ignore stealth rock damage
  • your sneasler's fine, though i personally like running jolly to speed-creep opposing sneasler and iron valiant
  • volt switch and booster energy do not mix. if you're running booster energy, you want to stay in for as long as you can, and volt switch is the opposite of that. what you're doing with sandy shocks largely depends on what you do with heatran. if you're not running tera blast on heatran, swap out volt switch for tera blast and change your tera type to ice for insane electric/ground/ice coverage. if you're running stealth rock on heatran, you can also swap out stealth rock on sandy shocks for spikes. if you are running tera blast on heatran, swap out booster energy for heavy-duty boots and keep the moveset the same—running two tera blast mons on a team is very risky. i'd recommend running tera blast and spikes on shocks and running stealth rock on heatran, but you can choose whatever configuration tickles your fancy
  • invest some speed into the hatterene. with 132 speed evs, you'll be able to outspeed and cripple amoonguss, quagsire, toxapex, garganacl, dondozo, gastrodon and ting-lu (you also outspeed glowking and torkoal, but those can function ok with specs so tricking them is not always advisable). you can add even more speed if you want to get the drop on ursaluna, azumarill, uninvested kingambit, and blissey, but at that point you're getting dangerously close to full investment

perhaps i will take the chaotic route

make of that what you will
So what you're saying is, we're gonna unban Miraidon to fill the offensive Electric-type niche Zapdos's crucial defensive profile is too taxed to fulfill on a consistent basis? That ought to be funny.

Discussion among y’all: What pokemon, new or returning, are you most excited to see in the DLC? I am excited for Sinistcha, especially seeing its sig move.
It's not a new or returning mon, per se, but based on moves like Toxic, Poltergeist, and Grassy Glide confirmed to be coming back (especially the latter two) I'm interested in seeing how Scale Shot Garchomp and Flip Turn Basculegion play out.

Scale Shot+Loaded Dice gives Garchomp back its main selling point from last gen's OU and helps it stand out compared to the six other Ground-types with rankings at or above B on the last VR update, and Basculin already learned Flip Turn last gen and Rain would greatly appreciate having a breaker with a strong switch move like what Barraskewda used to do, so if both of these are TMs (which is likely since three of the four confirmed returning TMs are IoA tutor moves) it'd be cool to see these older mons get some new life breathed into them.

I think Gligar/Gliscor were confirmed in an official capacity a while back; I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the Eighth Ground-type™ can do in such a different metagame, but it's gonna depend pretty heavily on what comes back as a TM. Will it get Toxic, or will Toxic have BDSP distribution? Will Roost come back? Unsure. But at the very least, it keeps Knock Off since that's a level-up move.

• lefties is a lot better on heatran than assault vest. it helps out heatran's longevity, which generally outweighs the extra bulk that av gives, and frees it up to run its extremely important status moves. as for the movepool, toss out everything except earth power. for stab, run magma storm instead of lava plume—heatran's ability to trap is invaluable. if you still have your heart set on burning things, run will-o-wisp as one of your other moves; it's about 3 times more likely to burn as lava plume is. if you feel like you can go without burning, you can run stealth rock in that slot instead and free up a moveslot on sandy shocks, or tera blast as a good way to bonk waters and grounds. for your last slot, taunt. heatran always needs taunt and magma storm, this is of the utmost importance for stallbreaking
  • your hamurott doesn't need much tweaking, but it looks like you want to use it as a lead instead of a setup sweeper, so ditch swords dance for something with more utility like knock off, taunt, or possibly encore. you can also do with running razor shell over aqua cutter, but that's a matter of personal preference—if you prefer the consistency of 100% accuracy, that's perfectly understandable and fine
  • life orb is very counterproductive on dragonite. you want to keep multiscale intact for as long as you can because that makes setup easier, so being at full hp is more important than doing slightly more damage. swap it out for heavy-duty boots to ignore stealth rock damage
  • your sneasler's fine, though i personally like running jolly to speed-creep opposing sneasler and iron valiant
  • volt switch and booster energy do not mix. if you're running booster energy, you want to stay in for as long as you can, and volt switch is the opposite of that. what you're doing with sandy shocks largely depends on what you do with heatran. if you're not running tera blast on heatran, swap out volt switch for tera blast and change your tera type to ice for insane electric/ground/ice coverage. if you're running stealth rock on heatran, you can also swap out stealth rock on sandy shocks for spikes. if you are running tera blast on heatran, swap out booster energy for heavy-duty boots and keep the moveset the same—running two tera blast mons on a team is very risky. i'd recommend running tera blast and spikes on shocks and running stealth rock on heatran, but you can choose whatever configuration tickles your fancy
  • invest some speed into the hatterene. with 132 speed evs, you'll be able to outspeed and cripple amoonguss, quagsire, toxapex, garganacl, dondozo, gastrodon and ting-lu (you also outspeed glowking and torkoal, but those can function ok with specs so tricking them is not always advisable). you can add even more speed if you want to get the drop on ursaluna, azumarill, uninvested kingambit, and blissey, but at that point you're getting dangerously close to full investment
yo you are COOKING lol thanks wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)