VGC SunRoom - VGC Regulation D

Hi y’all! I’m familiar with VGC, but I don’t really play it a lot. I wanted to give Regulation D a shot because of the cool new toys, and so far I’ve managed to get to the middle of the ladder with this team, 1400ish. However, I was noticing that I was having some issues dealing with other archetypes (Especially in Closed Team Sheets), and wanted some advice on how to improve with those matchups. Some of that is definitely on me, as I’m still getting used to predicting what opponents will do, but I feel like I’m improving as I learn what runs what Tera/movesets. I got good at catching the Imprison Flutter Manes…

Paste

☀SunRoom!☀

1688271571870.png

Torkoal (F) @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

This thing is required for this kind of team until Koraidon and Groudon are allowed. It’s a pretty standard VGC Torkoal. You plop the turtle next to Lilligant and blast the opponent with After You Eruptions. Heat Wave is backup and Earth Power is for coverage. I tried Clear Smog over Protect but I really valued being able to save Torkoal for later. Torkoal is neat because I can use it on both my fast and slow modes.

1688271548976.png

Lilligant-Hisui @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Solar Blade
- Close Combat
- After You
- Encore

The other ‘mon required for this archetype. A big improvement over the other Lilligant, being able to hit popular picks like Heatran hard with CC. After You synergizes with Torkoal, and Encore is for disrupting Fake Out, Protect, and set up. Tera Ghost is for avoiding opposing Fake Out. In the Sun you’re the fastest thing imaginable (Well, almost) and can even outspeed Booster Energy Iron Bundle and minus base 105 Spe ‘mons in Tailwind. Unfortunately this thing is suffering from its moveslots, where I really want to run Protect and/or Sleep Powder, but I also hesitate to change what it has now.

1688271590821.png

Flutter Mane @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 60 HP / 124 Def / 92 SpA / 28 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Flutter Mane is just so good, and it gets even better in the sun. I tried Specs out, but felt like I valued having Protect and move flexibility over being a complete nuke. EVs are for surviving Chien-Pao’s Ice Spinner and Outspeeding (non-Tailwind) max speed Genies and uh…Lycanroc? While also getting a SpA boost in the sun. Move-wise and Tera-wise, it’s a typical Flutter Mane.

1688271615868.png

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Lunar Blessing
- Helping Hand
- Moonblast

This thing can take so many hits, which makes it really reliable as a Trick Room setter. Mental herb let’s it get TR off in front of Taunt Tornadus, and Lunar Blessing heals it along with the rest of the team. I chose Moonblast over Psychic since nothing is immune to fairy, and Tera Fairy is a generic defensive Tera type that helps with Dark attacks. The EVs make it so that Shadow Ball from Timid Flutter Mane is a 3HKO, and Timid Specs Chi-Yu is a 2HKO, while the rest of the EVs are dumped into defense.

1688271635495.png

Ursaluna (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 140 HP / 236 Atk / 132 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Headlong Rush
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

I was really excited to use cocaine bear but it might be my least used team member. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still really good, and has a place here as a powerful Trick Room abuser. Nothing interesting going on with the moves, except being strong, almost (Damnit, Bronzong) unresisted STAB moves. I chose Tera Grass to help with the other (Water) bear and Dozo. The HP EVs give me an extra turn of burn damage, and the SpD makes Moonblast a 3HKO from Timid Flutter Mane.

1688271671013.png

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch
- Volt Switch

I wasn’t sure about this slot but I think Hands is pretty good here. Fake Out lets me ensure Trick Room gets set up, and Volt Switch can give me a safe, slow pivot outside of TR. I chose Tera Flying to avoid Ground attacks and to potentially sit next to Ursaluna as it spams EQ. Hands also helps a little bit with the Dragonite + Chien-Pao matchup.

As I’ve laddered, I’ve noticed I’ve had trouble with Rillaboom/Amoonguss + Chi-Yu/Heatran, and while I haven’t run into that many, Dozo + Tatsugiri and H-Goodra are difficult to deal with once they get set up. I’d love some advice on how to help with those matchups and to make this team more solid in general, while keeping the core of Torkoal + H-Lilligant (and maybe + Flutter Mane). Thanks!

I’ve meant to rate this team for a while, just haven’t gotten around to it. Anyway, SunRoom is a pretty cool archetype. The standard team is :Torkoal: + :Lilligant-Hisui: and a Trick Room Core, then :Flutter Mane: and one more. This iteration of SunRoom in particular is really good, just a few small changes I’d recommend.

:Lilligant-Hisui:: Sleep Powder > Encore

Sleep Powder is just a better move overall, pretty much a must-have on Lilligant.

Now the one major change:

:Thundurus: > :Iron Hands:

Iron Hands is OK, but I think there are improvements. For one, :Thundurus: provides your team the ground immunity it was lacking. Also, it gives you Thunder Wave for more speed control and Taunt for :Goodra-Hisui:. Finally, it has Sunny Day to set up Sun against Rain and Manual Rain teams.

:sv/Thundurus:

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 236 HP / 244 Def / 4 SpA / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

In summary, this is a really cool RMT with great presentation and a great team! Hope this helped, and may the RNG be ever in your favor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)