SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you went with that set, you want longevity, so something like Leftovers would help you stay alive for a long time. Since you are not using a Berry/are not in a double battle, Poison Touch would be the only ability with any use.

Edit: Air Balloon can prevent the opponent from scoring SE hits at the start, helping with all the EQ's and making you generally less likely to be targeted and attacked.
Just want to add that Black Sludge may be better than Leftovers. You can Thief them from Grimer with a 5% chance.

If you trade a pokemon with a Z-Stone, will the recipient also get the Z-Stone? Does this work and can they use this even if they have not yet got said Z-Stone in their game?
IIRC, I was about to do a Lunala-Solgaleo trade with a friend. His Solgaleo had a Z-Crystal, and the game told him it was going to be unequipped before trading (or so it seems, he never showed me the screen but he misinterpreted as that he'd lose the Z-Crystal if not unequipped).

If you went with that set, you want longevity, so something like Leftovers would help you stay alive for a long time. Since you are not using a Berry/are not in a double battle, Poison Touch would be the only ability with any use.

Edit: Air Balloon can prevent the opponent from scoring SE hits at the start, helping with all the EQ's and making you generally less likely to be targeted and attacked.
honestly, I haven't seen a single EQ in battle royale ever aside from my own when I though it was a good idea

Can someone help me fill out a Battle Tree team? The only things I actually have ready so far are a Special Kommo-o and a Rain Sweeper Raichu. Which isn't a whole lot. What is the best way to fill it out, since it's 3-man? Two more sweepers, or a wall and a pivot? Or just do whatever because it's easier than I'm anticipating?

Can someone help me fill out a Battle Tree team? The only things I actually have ready so far are a Special Kommo-o and a Rain Sweeper Raichu. Which isn't a whole lot. What is the best way to fill it out, since it's 3-man? Two more sweepers, or a wall and a pivot? Or just do whatever because it's easier than I'm anticipating?
You might have better luck in this thread

Might I ask for some suggestions? I'm trying to plan out a try-hard team for this generation, but since there aren't full 'mon specific analysis' yet for the new generation to go off of, I've got some gaps that I dunno what to fill with.

The three that I want to use for absolute certain are:

Mega Beedrill (I know it's not available yet, but can still plan for it), Dhelmise (Favorite new addition, as well as a good Spinner partner), and Mimikyu (Other new favorite, and surprisingly good fighter with SD Disguise shenanigans).

Strongly considering Toxapex as a 4th, but would still be willing to concede it if there would be something better in its spot for the overall team comp.

Only limit I ask is that the 'mons in question have to be breed-able, since I'm a cartridge player instead of a Showdown player (so no Legendaries/UBs).

Does anyone know if you can soft reset for berries? I tried resetting for a Ganlon berry a fare few times last night on Route 17 and it never showed so was wondering if anyone knew before I waste anymore time resetting for berries. [Just finishing off getting the last few I need if anyone was wondering.]

Does anyone know if you can soft reset for berries? I tried resetting for a Ganlon berry a fare few times last night on Route 17 and it never showed so was wondering if anyone knew before I waste anymore time resetting for berries. [Just finishing off getting the last few I need if anyone was wondering.]
first check you're in the correct tree, I think those berries only appear in a single tree and there are several trees on that route. Also you might want to try different battles to scramble the RNG if you get a crabrawler. they might give the same set if you do it too fast one SR from other

Might I ask for some suggestions? I'm trying to plan out a try-hard team for this generation, but since there aren't full 'mon specific analysis' yet for the new generation to go off of, I've got some gaps that I dunno what to fill with.

The three that I want to use for absolute certain are:

Mega Beedrill (I know it's not available yet, but can still plan for it), Dhelmise (Favorite new addition, as well as a good Spinner partner), and Mimikyu (Other new favorite, and surprisingly good fighter with SD Disguise shenanigans).

Strongly considering Toxapex as a 4th, but would still be willing to concede it if there would be something better in its spot for the overall team comp.

Only limit I ask is that the 'mons in question have to be breed-able, since I'm a cartridge player instead of a Showdown player (so no Legendaries/UBs).
It seems there are a few gaps in your team. Firstly, all three mons are special attackers. Secondly, both Dhelmise and Mimikyu struggle against Ghost-Type opponents. Thirdly, Dhelmise and Beedrill struggle with most fire types. Fourthly, all three have trouble attacking steel types.

Rotom-Heat works as a special attacker to counter steel types, as well as a bulky pivot with Volt-Switch and Levitate to counter ground types. Its well rounded stats and few weaknesses allow it to play a variety of roles, as well as a few good support moves (Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, Trick) Give it Leftovers to enhance it's bulk, or Choice Specs for high firepower/Trick shenanigans.

Since Lycanrock would kill most of your team so far, perhaps add a counter to rock types. Lucario has good Special Attack and Speed, and can KO the rock types that threaten Beedrill and Rotom, as well as the dark types that threaten Dhelmise, and even ghost types with Dark Pulse. I would run a special set to defeat physical walls, and maybe even Vacuum Wave for priority. Life Orb gives it a good bit more firepower, as well as versatility with moves.

Fire and ground types have been a threat thus far, so a good bulky water type would be useful. Toxapex can be a good pivot with it's bulk and Regenerator, though it would struggle with Ground types. Gyarados has solid bulk with Intimidate, as well as good offense and the ability to use Dragon Dance. It's weaknesses are generally covered by the other teammates, and with Earthquake provides a wealth of valuable coverage. Item wise, a healing berry would help set up, though none of your teamates have Z-Crystals yet. Perhaps give one to Gyrados for a one-time nuke/powerfull coverage move?

I'm not an expert, but I hope this helps a little. If you want to build around Toxapex, you might want to swap out Lucario for something else.

Anything helps, thanks. Although just a few questions on that.

Wouldn't Drill Run on Bee help at least itself with Steels? (Also, I planned to give Dhelmise EQ over a Ghost STAB thanks to Mimikyu already doing it)

While weak to Ghost itself, with Disguise to give it a free boost, wouldn't Mimikyu at least threaten back other Ghosts with an SD Shadow Sneak (for the fast ones) and Shadow Claw (for the bulky ones)?

And while I'm certainly not opposed to Gyarados at all (it's in my top 3 favorite waters), if I did choose to take Toxapex, what would be better in place of Lucario?

Hey guys, how often can I challenge the elite 4 post-game? I wanna know if it's a good way of making 200k every round.

Hey guys, how often can I challenge the elite 4 post-game? I wanna know if it's a good way of making 200k every round.
I would be surprised if it wasn't as much as you want (Haven't tried myself, but that's how it's been in all the games I've played), but if you want more money, a good passive money maker is the "rare treasure hunt" or whatever from the level 3 poke pelago treasure island (Aphun? I find it hard to remember the names), which can net you stuff like nuggets, pearl strings, etc, so is a decent passive money maker if you aren't looking for anything else (Also has a chance of getting you a gold bottlecap IIRC, so that's a plus)
Edit: Yeah, Aphun. Rare-Treasure Hunting can give you
Big Pearl, Pearl, Pearl String, Hard Stone, Rare Bone, Big Nugget, Gold Bottle Cap, Comet Shard

Although the most common drop is Hard Stones (I mean, seriously I once got 5 of those and one of something else >_>), but Hard Stones are in all the drop tables so what can you do?

Reactions: JR
I would be surprised if it wasn't as much as you want (Haven't tried myself, but that's how it's been in all the games I've played), but if you want more money, a good passive money maker is the "rare treasure hunt" or whatever from the level 3 poke pelago treasure island (Aphun? I find it hard to remember the names), which can net you stuff like nuggets, pearl strings, etc, so is a decent passive money maker if you aren't looking for anything else (Also has a chance of getting you a gold bottlecap IIRC, so that's a plus)
Edit: Yeah, Aphun. Rare-Treasure Hunting can give you
Big Pearl, Pearl, Pearl String, Hard Stone, Rare Bone, Big Nugget, Gold Bottle Cap, Comet Shard

Although the most common drop is Hard Stones (I mean, seriously I once got 5 of those and one of something else >_>), but Hard Stones are in all the drop tables so what can you do?
Speaking of Isle Aphun I got about 500k from about 7 rounds (a weeks worth if you're not using berries optimally). Even though I've been doing the treasure hunt path for a few weeks now I haven't gotten a Gold Bottle Cap, does anyone know the drop rates for that?

As many times as you want. And as long as you keep going at it constantly it is a very good way to make money I find.
And, unfortunately, the only decent way to grind Exp...

Reactions: JR
I just started playing pokemon this year and I discovered you can get the PERFECT pokemon by breeding. I watched some videos on Youtube about it but they just confuse me more and more. If the parent pokemon has best iv on Speed, will that iv go to Speed as well for the offspring or different stat? And also, which parent will give that iv to the offspring? The father or the mother Or both? If you guys dont get anything im saying, I'm sorry I cant explain that well. So please tell me everything about Iv breeding if you didnt understand me. Thank you! :)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hurl I moved this into the SM SQSA thread. People here will be able to give you excellent answers to your question. IV breeding is very easy and has been since Gen 6. Just make sure you have a Destiny knot!

I just started playing pokemon this year and I discovered you can get the PERFECT pokemon by breeding. I watched some videos on Youtube about it but they just confuse me more and more. If the parent pokemon has best iv on Speed, will that iv go to Speed as well for the offspring or different stat? And also, which parent will give that iv to the offspring? The father or the mother Or both? If you guys dont get anything im saying, I'm sorry I cant explain that well. So please tell me everything about Iv breeding if you didnt understand me. Thank you! :)
Between the two parents, there are 12 IV values.

By default, the baby will take 3 of those IVs (from different stats, of course). With a Destiny Knot equipped on either parent, it takes 5 of those 12 possible IVs.

All the IVs it does not take are randomized.

For a huge wall of text for Hurl:
As long as the mechanics are the same as ORAS (and i don't think they've changed), it's like this:

Normally, breeding 2 pokemon has the offspring inherit 3 of the parents' IVs, and nothing else. IE
1/1/1/1/1/31 +31/31/31/31/31/1 yields a Pokemon with 3 values taken from above and 3 randomly generated, so you might get dad's speed and mom's attack and defense, with the rest random, resulting in something like 5/31/31/29/15/31.

Putting a Destiny Knot on a parent bumps the inherited values number from 3 to 5, so only one value is randomly generated (IE you get mom's attack defense and special attack and dad's special defense and speed resulting in a random HP IV so you get 8/31/31/31/1/31).

Anything helps, thanks. Although just a few questions on that.

Wouldn't Drill Run on Bee help at least itself with Steels? (Also, I planned to give Dhelmise EQ over a Ghost STAB thanks to Mimikyu already doing it)

While weak to Ghost itself, with Disguise to give it a free boost, wouldn't Mimikyu at least threaten back other Ghosts with an SD Shadow Sneak (for the fast ones) and Shadow Claw (for the bulky ones)?

And while I'm certainly not opposed to Gyarados at all (it's in my top 3 favorite waters), if I did choose to take Toxapex, what would be better in place of Lucario?
Drill run, while good, isn't available without move tutors.

I don't really know the calcs for Mimikyu vs ghosts, but I think it would threaten them. That is, if Mimikyu starts unharmed.

Togekiss might be a good lucario replacement, good offences and speed, as well as better bulk and support moves. Give it Air Slash and you got a lot of flinches.

hey there! I've been looking all over the internet for a place to ask this, and I found this site. I'm trying to think of a team that I can catch naturally (aka no trading/transferring) that would see me through the entire main story. I picked Rowlett as my starter Pokemon. I'm not asking for like a competitive team or anything, just a solid 6 pokemon that would give me good coverage throughout the game. I'll start being competitive after I beat the game >:3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)