Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although not essential, so far as I can tell there is not an interactive type chart in the team builder. It would be great if there was type chart that tallied your team's weaknesses as you made your selections.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Although not essential, so far as I can tell there is not an interactive type chart in the team builder. It would be great if there was type chart that tallied your team's weaknesses as you made your selections.
That could be an interesting thing to add to the game, however there are other alternatives that you can find scattered across be web.

This is just one easy to use tool that does what I think you are talking about: http://www.marriland.com/tools/team-builder

This will probably be buried, but I have a couple suggestions.

1) Be able to change the color of username
2) Have animations for the player sprites.
3) A way to search for players
4) Be able to create private chat rooms maybe? Is that too much (Not asking sarcastically, is it too much?)

This will probably be buried, but I have a couple suggestions.

1) Be able to change the color of username
2) Have animations for the player sprites.
3) A way to search for players
4) Be able to create private chat rooms maybe? Is that too much (Not asking sarcastically, is it too much?)
1) Being able to change the colour of your username would make it easy to impersonate staff.
2) I have no answer for this.
3) The /user (username) fucntion does exist, you can do /whois (username) or alternatively you can user ctrl + f to find a user in the same room as you.
4) Private room can be suggested for here.

Here's something I want to see.

A "request tie" button. On occasion battles can draw on very long into what seems like a stalemate that can only be decided with PP after several turns. While that's all fine and dandy for people who want to finish their games, often times it can be between two people who would rather move on to another game or have somewhere to be.

So what I propose is that at any time one player can "request a tie", and the opponent can accept or reject it based on if they want to end the game or not.

Suggestion: How about a search tool on the Watch a Battle menu that allows for search by rating?

I like watching battles some of the time, but I don't like watching low-rated battles where it's obvious neither of the players know what they're doing (either subjectively based on your skill level, or literally, as in 4 fire moves Charizard), I like battles where I can see good skill on display, so I can be both entertained and learn from their battle. But unfortunately, since there's no way of sifting through the battles beyond their tier, and since lower-level players are more numerous than higher-level players by far, finding good battles from random spectating is a rare occurrence. If we could search for battles where the average of the player's ratings is greater than X number, then every player could find whatever level of battle suits their fancy.

tl;dr search by rating please because random ou battles are bad.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Suggestion: How about a search tool on the Watch a Battle menu that allows for search by rating?

I like watching battles some of the time, but I don't like watching low-rated battles where it's obvious neither of the players know what they're doing (either subjectively based on your skill level, or literally, as in 4 fire moves Charizard), I like battles where I can see good skill on display, so I can be both entertained and learn from their battle. But unfortunately, since there's no way of sifting through the battles beyond their tier, and since lower-level players are more numerous than higher-level players by far, finding good battles from random spectating is a rare occurrence. If we could search for battles where the average of the player's ratings is greater than X number, then every player could find whatever level of battle suits their fancy.

I'll just repost this now that I'm back to 776 posts. I want this to be implemented to watch the nubs, not the pros. Still want it implemented tho .3.

I'll just repost this now that I'm back to 776 posts. I want this to be implemented to watch the nubs, not the pros. Still want it implemented tho .3.
Yeah, that system would have the benefit of making it a lot easier to find material for the Silly Things on the OU ladder thread. :P

Unban Leppa Berry+Recycle. Now i know you banned because of all those infinite battle things but its really just unfair to people like me who use it ofr legitimate pp stall strategies. and i mean there is already a solution to "Funbro" just ban heal pulse in singles its useless other than trolling. but im just asking you ban the specific combos that are infinite trolls rather than ruin legit strategies

I agree. I'm a low-ish player (bouncing between 1300-1500) and I'd like to watch good players battling so that I can learn more about teambuilding, reasonable predictions etc. It seems that every other game I spectate is a candidate to be posted to the "silly things encountered on OU ladder" thread. Are the games you watch tied to your personal rating somehow? How come I always only get to watch people with rankings of 1000-1200 tops?

Hello, I have a quick suggestion. When clicking on a username a window pops up with their username, avatar and the chatrooms the user can be found in. This window seems a little empty and I think it'd be nifty to be able to include a little more info. Things like various optional profile fields (age, location, status eg. online, busy, etc.) or a snippet of words such as a member title or status update. The box wouldn't fit much, but it could fit a few of these things depending on what's prioritized. It'd be nice to see more info about a person when clicking their name, should they choose to display it.

Although..now that I think about it when someone is in a lot of battles and rooms the window fills up. There is also space under the avatar for small bits of info, like age, gender, location, or even "member since." I'd like that last one especially; being able to quickly locate how long I've been a member sounds really convenient.

Anywho, that's my suggestion. :)

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can something be done about the Mega-Evolution button?
As it stands right now it's really not intuitively placed, and is easy to miss... especially in doubles formats when you're juggling multiple decisions in the same turn. For the lack of ideas I'd suggest something closer to the in-game move button layout with mega-evolution placed as a fifth selectable/unselectable big old button in the second row centered or something.

Suggestion: In the team builder, there should be example sets, the most viable set, you could click on, and instantly get that set. This would make teambuilding easier, and help less advanced players.

Also, You could make a synergy button, which would show you your teams resistances/weaknesses, and if any weaknesses are not accounted for by a resistance.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Suggestion: In the team builder, there should be example sets, the most viable set, you could click on, and instantly get that set. This would make teambuilding easier, and help less advanced players.

Also, You could make a synergy button, which would show you your teams resistances/weaknesses, and if any weaknesses are not accounted for by a resistance.
Isn't that pretty much what the /smogdex or /analysis command is for even though it isn't updated for Generation 6 and once putting in the four moves it gives you the details for the preferred nature/EVs to go with that set.

I'm pretty sure this teambuilder does the job of that fine, including the fact it has been updated as well with Generator 6 Pokemon.

Isn't that pretty much what the /smogdex or /analysis command is for even though it isn't updated for Generation 6 and once putting in the four moves it gives you the details for the preferred nature/EVs to go with that set.

I'm pretty sure this teambuilder does the job of that fine, including the fact it has been updated as well with Generator 6 Pokemon.
That is true, but it would be nice to implement this in to the teambuilding in a way where you select a pokemon, you can click Blank, or "Pre-Made Set" and them get the set without searching.

As above, it would be less time consuming if it's implemented into the teambuilder, but it's fine if it isn't.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That is true, but it would be nice to implement this in to the teambuilding in a way where you select a pokemon, you can click Blank, or "Pre-Made Set" and them get the set without searching.

As above, it would be less time consuming if it's implemented into the teambuilder, but it's fine if it isn't.
I do understand where you are coming from though, most new users that want to get into competitive might not know of these resources however I'm sure it isn't nothing a little bit of Google'ing won't provide really, it may take a little extra time but it will be worth it when they have the decent team.
As for the experienced ones who just want to save time, it isn't really too much work finding the moves and if your using the same sets you can just copy them and Import/Export it really

I do understand where you are coming from though, most new users that want to get into competitive might not know of these resources however I'm sure it isn't nothing a little bit of Google'ing won't provide really, it may take a little extra time but it will be worth it when they have the decent team.
As for the experienced ones who just want to save time, it isn't really too much work finding the moves and if your using the same sets you can just copy them and Import/Export it really
But I'm to lazy. =}
Jk it can stay the way it is.

Since the downloadable version doesn't have music like the online version, maybe it could pull a random MP3 or something from a music folder in the Showdown directory? Having YouTube in the background just doesn't cut it for me.

Hi there.

I got an idea for implementing.
I have no clue if it might be hard or not.

If someone gets warned/muted/locked/banned then should their message automatically be deleted. That's what I tihnk could be good for showdown

f.e:

normal user: i think it's good
spammer:
spammer:
spammer:
normal user:do you
spammer gets banned.

after he gets banned, it should be like this then:

normal user: i think it's good
normal user: do you?

I have no clue if it's good, just an idea

~ Politoed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)