Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
I think that you should be able to choose what colour your highlight is in chatrooms . Right now, it is yellowish, but for people on skins, it changes or doesn't and can sometimes be awful in comparison to the skin. I think there should be like a choice of 5 colours for what colour your highlighted phrase can be, for people on skins, and for just some customization in general for anyone that doesn't like the yellow highlight.

A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶P̶y̶r̶o̶t̶o̶z̶'̶s̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶s̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶5̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶w̶?̶

Silent Mutes, if there is one thing Showdown wants to stop it's trolls but when they are notified that they are muted they switch to an alt and come back. so what if they weren't notified? what if after they typed and sent a message in the room that it would still appear but little would they know that no one else could see it? kind of like when you /data something in a room. If PS implemented a Silent Mute feature trolling would decrease greatly

I think there should be a modnote whenever you do /tour runautodq, just to make sure and not do it over and over (and not just have it with no message)

Reactions: g
yoyoman337 that already exists on a lot of servers. It's called: "spamroom" and was coded by kota mostly. It's like a silent lock, and all your messages get redirected to a room called: "spamroom". It seems useful when someone is evading a lot of locks and bans; they can just spam without knowing that their messages are not showing until they get tired of it. And nobody is bothered by it. I don't know if the main is implementing it though.

yoyoman337 that already exists on a lot of servers. It's called: "spamroom" and was coded by kota mostly. It's like a silent lock, and all your messages get redirected to a room called: "spamroom". It seems useful when someone is evading a lot of locks and bans; they can just spam without knowing that their messages are not showing until they get tired of it. And nobody is bothered by it. I don't know if the main is implementing it though.
I highly recommend they do

It's a good idea for sure, but there are various arguments against it. Most users could be confused; they are in panic because they are thinking the staff is not taking action, and you can't just say: "He is spamroomed" or something, because then it would be of no use. Some users could also know about spamroom, and talk about it in the chat, after which the spammer finds out and it's of no use. Spammers could also adapt to it, and in that case, it seems redundant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Make Unreleased Pokemon Become Ubers.
They will not make the Unreleased pokemon Ubers. Why would they do that? I am just assuming you're dying to use them, in which case you can in Custom games. If you're not a fan of Custom games, I am afraid to tell you, you have to be patient.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
abbreviations for /unroomban, /unmute, and /unban like there are for /mute (/m), /roomban (/rb), /ban (/b), and /hourmute (/hm) would be great because typing them out all the time gets really repetitive and annoying, it would be so much easier to have something like /urb or /um instead of having to type the whole thing out each time.

Well, that sounds like a good idea. It's really easy to make aswell; making an alias can be done in litteraly 5 seconds. /um already exists btw.

abbreviations for /unroomban, /unmute, and /unban like there are for /mute (/m), /roomban (/rb), /ban (/b), and /hourmute (/hm) would be great because typing them out all the time gets really repetitive and annoying, it would be so much easier to have something like /urb or /um instead of having to type the whole thing out each time.
This has been decided against to. Punishments aren't supposed to be undone every now and then, while switftness when punishing is key.

Hello.

I suggest implanting a "/kick" command like on IRC. This command is not about kicking someone like on IRC but more on user who bugged so they seems alive but there's not and their account is still logged in.
There's a way in banning then unbanning then locking the user but it's overkill I think.
If /kick is not good, maybe a command /ghost in order to disconnect forcefully someone when typing his password (like on IRC ) ?

PS : I'm sorry if one of those commands already exists.

PS2: I don't know where to ask it but I'm genuinely curious about "planned" suggestion on PS!, is there a link where I can see what's planned ? ( I also want to know if there's room for helper in the project and if so where one can present himself).

It's a good idea for sure, but there are various arguments against it. Most users could be confused; they are in panic because they are thinking the staff is not taking action, and you can't just say: "He is spamroomed" or something, because then it would be of no use. Some users could also know about spamroom, and talk about it in the chat, after which the spammer finds out and it's of no use. Spammers could also adapt to it, and in that case, it seems redundant.
That's why it should be implemented secretly and not appear on the news boards and also miss can check who said what

That's why it should be implemented secretly and not appear on the news boards and also miss can check who said what
This doesn't work very well. To requote Darkslasher:
Most users could be confused; they are in panic because they are thinking the staff is not taking action, and you can't just say: "He is spamroomed" or something, because then it would be of no use.
You cannot spamroom/silentmute/shadowban someone and NOT have it be a complete secret. If you do, and it really is a secret that a spammer has been stopped, people will still be crying for a lock/ban that has already happened, so to speak. If it's not secret, then spammers can adjust, which means that it has no advantage over our locks and bans any more, and has the added "bonus" that legitimate users caught in the crossfire become frustrated that nobody is responding to their messages, and not understanding why. (If a user is locked in the crossfire due to an IP range ban or DNS blacklist, it is incredibly obvious to the user that something is wrong and they can request help from the mods accordingly.)

Also, we actually tried to use code similar to the other servers' implementations before, as a trial run, but the sheer amount of users we get compared to any other server resulted in Showdown freezing instead.

Last edited:
serpierior and other gen v starters hidden abilities are now released, if you guys are already on it cool idk if anyone else brought this up. Probably

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When people write my name in the chat, their message gets highlighted, but since I'm working in other tabs for the most part, is there any way to implement a sound signal to go along said highlight? Because right now I need to actually look in the chat to see if someone called me, which imo defeats the whole point.

There are desktop notifications for highlights. PS automatically asks you if you want to receive these when you log on. I think you can even adjust your preferences on your computer to get some sort of ping when you receive a desktop notification, but I don't know for sure. Either way, it seems like a good idea.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
When people write my name in the chat, their message gets highlighted, but since I'm working in other tabs for the most part, is there any way to implement a sound signal to go along said highlight? Because right now I need to actually look in the chat to see if someone called me, which imo defeats the whole point.
If you click on the page icon next to the URL there is an option to allow notifications. And assuming you don't have these allowed yet, I think it might solve your issue because it will pop up a box for you in the bottom right with your highlights. As shown here.

You can see my name was said in the chat and therefor it popped up a message for me in the bottom right corner. You can also see that I was on another tab when this happened. But I still like the fact to have a sound when it highlights you, preferably with an option to turn it off too.

During Tournaments, It gets annoying when people just leave, by clicking the close button on the battle tabs, when in ladder matches, it asks if you want to forfeit if you use the close button on the battle tabs

EDIT: Double posted, so is here now

serpierior and other gen v starters hidden abilities are now released, if you guys are already on it cool idk if anyone else brought this up. Probably
Actually they aren't. Only serperior's code is revealed, and it isn't live until the 9th, therefore, is unavailable to get just yet. It can be implemented, but it isn't as urgent. It's not something big like ORAS move tutors were.

Last edited:
What about adding in gen 3 trainer sprites? There are sprites for all trainers gen 4 onwards. I know gen 1 and 2 sprites are a little clunky which is why they are not in but gen 3 sprites are actually decent enough. (a sprite artist could make some custom ones for gen 6 but...i don't think that will happen)

I have a suggestion for a new game type, very similar to that suggested here and another discussed here.

I envision it basically as a special implementation of random battles, where there is a team building stage that consists of drafting Pokemon from randomly generated packs. The Pokemon would be generated the same way they are for RanBats, but would be created in packs that have specific distributions (For example, 1 OU tier, 2 BL/UU tier, 3 NU tier). There could perhaps be like a chance of an OU Pokemon being replaced with an Uber.

There are two different ways I think of it going (both of them inspired by Magic: The Gathering). There's sealed, wherein a player gets and opens all of his packs and builds his team from them, and draft, where each player picks one Pokemon from a pack and then passes the rest of the Pokemon to the next player to have one Pokemon picked, till the pack is exhausted and the next pack is used.

I came up with this idea in my Freshman year of college, I don't know if Pokemon Showdown was a thing yet. I threw together a little C program for generating a sealed pool of two packs and I later remade it into a little javascript thing and was going to write something just like Pokemon Showdown (and create a community around it), and then I lost interest. Now I'm must more experienced and I would be willing to completely write the mode myself, and the battling of Pokemon Showdown is already written!

If anyone is interested in the little web thing I made for generating sealed Pools of two packs, you can find it here. Be warned, it's all stuff I did my freshman year when I didn't really know what I was doing. It's also all based on Gen IV since that was the last gen I ever cared about (and only because of HG/SS :P).

I have a suggestion for a new game type, very similar to that suggested here and another discussed here.

I envision it basically as a special implementation of random battles, where there is a team building stage that consists of drafting Pokemon from randomly generated packs. The Pokemon would be generated the same way they are for RanBats, but would be created in packs that have specific distributions (For example, 1 OU tier, 2 BL/UU tier, 3 NU tier). There could perhaps be like a chance of an OU Pokemon being replaced with an Uber.

There are two different ways I think of it going (both of them inspired by Magic: The Gathering). There's sealed, wherein a player gets and opens all of his packs and builds his team from them, and draft, where each player picks one Pokemon from a pack and then passes the rest of the Pokemon to the next player to have one Pokemon picked, till the pack is exhausted and the next pack is used.

I came up with this idea in my Freshman year of college, I don't know if Pokemon Showdown was a thing yet. I threw together a little C program for generating a sealed pool of two packs and I later remade it into a little javascript thing and was going to write something just like Pokemon Showdown (and create a community around it), and then I lost interest. Now I'm must more experienced and I would be willing to completely write the mode myself, and the battling of Pokemon Showdown is already written!

If anyone is interested in the little web thing I made for generating sealed Pools of two packs, you can find it here. Be warned, it's all stuff I did my freshman year when I didn't really know what I was doing. It's also all based on Gen IV since that was the last gen I ever cared about (and only because of HG/SS :P).
I'd probably not expect it to be implemented, BUT, it still sounds like an interesting idea. Maybe put it up as an other metagame, and see if it popular enough

Another thing that I think would be cool, and would make it easier for other metagames to be "implemented", would be the creation of an API for interfacing with Pokemon Showdown. Among other things, it could provide a means of loading in a party generated by a website/app and start a battle between users paired by that website/app. A battle initiated through the API could have different flags for battle rules marked through the API to alter battle rules. In this way, a lot of the other metagames that the Pokemon Showdown developers don't have the time or demand to implement could be implemented via third parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)