XY OU Sticky Web w/ Mega Heracross! Help me fix it?

I managed to get this team to peak at 1500 on Showdown, but I may have been lucky. I feel like it's not ready to stand up to the stronger teams higher up.

The basic idea is to get hazards up (especially sticky web) and then let the slower, stronger members of the team run amok.

Olimar (Shuckle) (M) @ Mental Herb
Sturdy
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Knock Off

Supporter Shuckle is usually my lead of choice. I decided to go with him over Galvantula or Smeargle so there was no type redundancy (with magnezone) and to provide as much bulk as possible. Both Sticky Web and Stealth Rock are super important to this team, either wearing down annoying flying and fire types or slowing down speedy attackers.

Encore and Knock Off work together to make sure he doesn't become set up fodder, nor useless if he manages to get taunted. Mental Herb allows it to shake off a Taunt at least once, guaranteeing hazards will go up even against the likes of faster enemy leads trying to block them via that method.

Armads (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Magnet Pull
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Thanks in part to Togekiss and Shuckle, this team has a lot of bait for strong steel type attackers like Scizor. Steel types like Skarm and Forry also do a good job walling the strong Normal/Bug/Flying/Dragon type attacks that my team has in abundance. Therefore, Magnezone is a great addition to the team, simply by counting those handful of pokemon.

Because my team is already focusing on slowing down the enemy side with paralysis/webs, I decided to go for full power and Choice Specs. Under these conditions, anything neutral to Steel/Electric is going to be taking boatloads of STAB damage switching in.

Wakka (Snorlax) @ Choice Band
Thick Fat
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Self-Destruct

One of my favorite sets: bandlax. This is my go to guy when it comes to countering many different kinds of special attackers. He has great type synergy with the team, taking Fire for Hera and Zone, Ice for Toge and Latias, and even ghost.

Self Destruct is a bit of a panic button on this guy. If I run into something I can't handle, Snorlax just blows them up. Pursuit traps and kills Espeon, Starmie, and many other frail special attackers that would like to come in to block or get rid of my hazards. Body Slam also works decently to help spread paralysis.

Rockman (Heracross) (M) @ Heracronite
Moxie
200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Star of the show, Mega Heracross. Super strong and tons of fun to use. I chose SD over Bullet Seed, simply because at +2 he doesn't really need the extra power against Rotom-W. The power boost also helps him to beat Gliscor and sometimes Skarmory 1-on-1.

Moxie sometimes allows me to gets to +1 just by revenge killing something on the switch, as long as I use Close Combat. The EVs and nature are chosen to make sure I outspeed everything with Sticky Web in play, and also have maximum power.

Xanthous (Latias) @ Life Orb
Levitate
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Defog

Latias is a supporter and revenge killer all in one. With Life Orb, Psyshock and especially Draco Meteor become very very strong. Defog can clear the field of SR for Togekiss, or get rid of any webs the enemy set up, all while Levitate makes sure they have no effect.

The best move of all however is Healing Wish, which allows me to bring M-Hera, Snorlax, or Togekiss back to full life. This move alone has won me many matches, simply sacrificing Latias and giving one of those heavy attackers a second chance.

Domino (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot

Last but not least, Togekiss. This is a bit of an unorthodox set, but I think it works well to keep pressure on the opponent while at the same time supporting the rest of the team with Thunder Waves. Air Slash and this move especially make a deadly combination because of parahax. Nasty Plots are easy to grab in between turns that the enemy pokemon is at a stand still.

The real reason I chose Togekiss though is due to its excellent typing. Both Snorlax and Magnezone are both direly weak to Fighting moves, which this pokemon takes with ease. It also takes no damage from dragon moves aimed at Latias, giving her more breathing room.

Known weaknesses:

- Strong steel type attackers that can best Magnezone (in some situations), ie. Excadrill, speedy Scizor with Superpower, etc. Best I can do is take a hit and punch it down with either Snorlax or Heracross.

- Talonflame. Under good conditions, Togekiss can fight these off decently. On the other hand, most everything else on my team has to switch out...

- DD Gyarados, very tough opponent. Again best I can do in take a hit with Snorlax or Hera and hope to OHKO.

Thanks for rating and suggestions, I'll respond to all posts.

I like the Latias set, but why Healing Wish instead of Wish? I think you need a better Talonflame counter than Togekiss, but nothing comes to mind right away. Bullet Seed can be substituted for Swords Dance on Heracross, but that's only because you mentioned Rotom. Snorlax is great, but also not high tier. I think he'd be a good slot to make your dedicated Talonflame counter. Tyranitar comes right to mind for just such a purpose.

Excellent suggestions, anonymous poster I don't know. I tried out band t-tar over Snorlax, and it's worked out quite well. It works together quite well with Hera, taking out those speedy psychics with ease.

On he other hand, my steel weakness is bigger than ever, and strong water attacks tear right through t-tar's defenses.

This team needs a lot of work, so I'm only going to make a few suggestions. For one, heracross is irrelevant on web teams thanks to talonflame and pinsir and pretty much anything else that isnt grounded which is half the ou mons. And only 56 speed EVs lol cmon buddy youll still get outsped my certain grounded mons like starmie and greninja. Try mega aerodactly with this set:

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang

Not only is he powerful and pretty bulky, he will outspeed then entire meta with web up minus other Aero's, scarfed Landorus-T and scarfed Rotom-W. He is also good for dealing with flying spam. Unfortunately this set gets countered by Keldeo, and Azumarill, and will be forced to switch out against Thundurus, so one mon that comes to mind to deal with all these guys is Amoongus.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Foul Play

Also, Togekiss needs to go, its doing absolutely nothing on this team. Replace it for a defog abuser like mixed Thundurus or Bisharp.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- Knock Off

nice team :) but i have few sugestions for you, first off
Smeargle is best option because Smeargle can use spore and king shield
try this set
Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Encore/Taunt/Destiny Bond/Endeavor
- King's Shield

smeargle no use stealth rock because king shield is best option to stop physical sweepers

M-Hera need suppport to stop fly spam (talonflame-m-pinsir), zapdos and latios

Tyranitar is a great option to stop all this pokemons

you can try to use a support set with chople berry or AV set to trap and kill

252+ Atk Mega Pinsir Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 184-218 (45.6 - 54%) -- 45.3% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chople Berry Tyranitar: 222-262 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 79-93 (19.6 - 23%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame U-turn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 124-148 (30.7 - 36.7%) -- 65% chance to 3HKO

Excadrill (Sand Rush) is a great partner and the best rapid spinner in OU

M-Heracross swords dance is a beast but i prefer run Bullet seed to kill azumarril and keldeo

If you are very worried about steel types I would suggest running a bulky tyranitar with superpower or you could even run a mixed tyranitar with fire blast for steel types, and stone edge for talonflame and other flying types that bypass sticky web. You could even run a babiri berry if you are worried about bullet punch scizor. And as for tyranitar getting wrecked by water type moves you could alternatively use an assualt vest to boost his special defense to ridiculous heights even without investment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)