Other Metagames Starter Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my Team that I beat X with (I don't have ORAS and XY isn't in the later gen area, so I figured I'd post it here) It's a mix of the tiers, and a fairly decent team, still trying to fix evs tho.

Chesnaught(Pinz) (UU): My starter and a decently good pokemon,
It's Evs are all around, which was a (Personal) mistake and I'm going to super train with a reset bag to max attack and max defense. It holds a lonely nature, which powers up it's attack, but despite the defense loss, it's still packing.
Moves:
Shadow Claw, Spiky Shield, Frenzy Plant, and Brick Break.
Pinz has not seen any real battles in a while because it needs a move remake, with replacing Frenzy Plant with Giga Impact and a major fix on Evs, but besides that, it was a really handy pokemon when I used it often. Its placeholder is a Serperior.

Aurorus(NU): My Fossil of Choice and Great Surprise attacker
It's Evs are probably worse off than Pinz's, but despite that, it's a killer and a tanker.
It's Nature is Quiet, so I get a special attack boost and it's ability is refrigerate, making it a powerhouse when paired with certain moves.
Moves:
Psychic, Freeze-Dry, Hyper Beam, and Encore.
Now, unlike Pinz having a full frontal attack strategy, Aurorus has a strategy based on pure predictions. Hyper Beam Refrigerate is great, but the recharge is a problem, so I use it as an either last resort move, or if I predict the opponent is gonna send out their Garchomp or other Dragon type (Which surprisingly happens alot) Freeze Dry is for water types, since it's super effective on them. Psychic is for fighting types, and Encore is for stallers, and it tends to have its advantages. Problem is, Aurorus is really slow, so I gave it a quick claw for that first strike chance.

Aegislash (Sword Woman) (OU): A Poke that I met by chance, but one of the best.
It has a docile nature, so no boosts nor downsboosts
It has most attack and defense in evs, but because of how much it does have, I won't reset it's evs.
Its rocking:
Shadow Sneak (Duh)
Swords Dance (Duh)
King's Shield (Duh)
Annnd Sacred- NOPE, Aerial Ace.
Why not Sacred Sword, you ask? Simple. Most people aren't gonna send a normal type out in fear of a sacred sword. Unless they have a ground or fire move and can predict the shadow sneak, they won't switch. So ye :P

Absol(Mega) (RU): The most adorable pokemon I've ever seen.
It has all around evs, which will need to be fixed, but despite that, it has high attack, but I wanna improve it's speed, which is also why it hasn't seen many battles recently.
It has the mild nature which boosts its defense a little bit, (Not the most wanted, so I will probably breed one with attack)
Moves:
Theif, Psycho Cut, Return, and NightSlash.
High Critical Hit ratios and stealing items from opponents, granted Theif is only useful when I don't have Absol's Megastone.

Charizard(Mega) (NU/OU): The Sycamore Starter and my OP.
Charizard is my major screw up here, with Timid nature, yet I gave it Atk Evs. The only way it's any good is if I mega evolve it. I'm in major need of a reset bag for it.
Moves:
Flare Blitz, Thunder Punch, Dragon Claw, Earthquake.
Despite the major screw up in attack, it can easily oneshot in it's mega form. Thunderpunch takes care of flying types and water types, and Earthquake takes care of Rock Types. Flare Blitz can always one shot unless the opponent resists it, and is always a good last resort.

Florges(#Blame Ben) (UU): My Sp Defensive wall.
Also a small screw up with evs, it is a Sp defensive wall with Calm Nature. It has high Sp Attack as well do deal major damage to any opponent.
Moves:
Solar Beam
MoonBlast
Calm Mind
and Petal Dance(Too be replaced with Sunny Day)
Calm Mind is strong enough as it is, if I get enough of them in, my Florges is unstoppable with SolarBeam and MoonBlast.

That's my starter team. (Keep in mind this isn't my fighting team, as of rn)
What do you think? I know there are problems with Ev, but they have held their own against competitive teams, despite the problems with evs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)