Standup Comedy

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
gabriel iglesias (something like that) has the best sound effects i have ever heard in my life

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah gotta back up glen. Every time this comes up I have to give a shoutout to Jeselnik. Shakespeare was an absolutely fantastic comedy album and I can't wait for him to release another. The Comedy Central roasts have gotten his name out there a bit so I'm really hoping he can blow up sometime soon.

I love one-liner comedians. Stephen Wright, Demetri Martin and Mitch Hedberg are three of the best from the bunch.

Regardless of how you feel about Tosh.0, Daniel Tosh has an amazing standup act, so you should definitely check that out.

Brian Regan is pretty great too, but the main problem I have with him is he can tend to go over the top a bit too much. But if you have Netflix check out Epitome of Hyperbole. Makes me crack up every time.

pookar

Banned deucer.
love me some mitch hedberg and also ralphie may although ralphies content is not so expansive

like a few katt williams skits but have seen/heard enough of him to judge

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
It's been mentioned already, but Mitch Hedberg. Man, he's good.

If you're part of the Apple set, Demetri Martin is worth listening to. He's basically a hipster version of Hedberg.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
louis ck man, fuck hes funny

this thread is great for me as i am majoring in comedy, and it would be awesome to discover new acts

also ron james is p dece

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
damn you Jabba, you took my Brian Regan mention

[youtube]v8GMFkc3iSA[/youtube]

There's a book, THERE'S A PLANE, THERE'S ALPHA CENTAURI

He also makes the goddamned best faces, this is my favorite:

[youtube]whtrpCbsUo8[/youtube]

many obvious names have been mentioned already, but come the fuck on, no Eddie Murphy???

[youtube]Avh2QdAxQjw[/youtube]

I caught a stand-up called "Crooked Finger" by David Crowe, and it was hilarious. I'd never dug any deeper into his other work, but his routine was top-notch. I definitely recommend seeing "Crooked Finger" at least.

Eddie Izzard is the best standup comedian of all time. A bunch of his stuff is on netflix so watch that shit asap.

Dimitri Martin, Mitch Hedburg and Maz Jobrani are all excellent too. I haven't seen Maz mentioned yet, he's part of the "Axis of Evil" comedy group, a bunch of middle eastern comedians. They manage to be hilarious about middle eastern politics without picking on anyone or being racist.

In fact, "without picking on anyone or being racist" is probably the most important qualification a comic can have in my opinion.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Also, Dave Attell's Skanks for the Memories is fucking special.

[youtube]nHcGLyrH4h4[/youtube]

He's basically awesome altogether:

[youtube]78WIfp8sRQQ[/youtube]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)