Stand-Up Comedy Appreciation Thread

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Among one of the many things I've realised I'd yet to do in my life so far was to watch a stand-up comedian live. Tomorrow I rectify this by going to see Doug Stanhope in Manchester. I'm told it is a very different experience to watching things on a recording, so I'm looking forward to it.

I figure I'd invite other people to share their experience with watching live comedy and recommend good acts worth paying the money to see first-hand.

I feel like a thread like this comes up once a month.

Anyway, I saw Anthony Jeselnik on the Roast of Donald Trump (side note, I just caught a fly out of the air Karate Kid style) and he is fucking hilarious. His humor is really crass though so he isn't for everybody, but I fucking love his stand up.

Also, Aziz Ansari is one of my favorites, I would link to him but I'm pretty sure everyone knows about him. I am also a huge fan of Jim Gaffigan, who I also won't link to.

I also saw a guy named Chris Porter the other day on Comedy Central Presents (he was on Last Comic Standing apparently). He's pretty funny but he doesn't have much stuff on YT, he has a few clips on comedycentral.com though.

My favorite comedian is the late Mitch Hedberg though. His delivery and mastery of one liners is just so incredible I laugh every time even though I have heard almost all his jokes about a million times.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've seen Lewis Black live and he's pretty hilarious.

Also, a friend of mine hosts some comedy shows in NYC and I've gone to a few of them; had a great time. I also got to see Darryl Hammond do some standup at one of his shows. He was great, but he was pretty plastered.

Lee Evans, Lee Mack, Peter Kay, Jason Manford... Probably a fair few more but I can't think at the minute.

I used to be a big fan of Jimmy Carr and Michael McIntyre, but they've both began to really irritate me. Their level of comedy seems boring from what they used to do and they've both started laughing at their own jokes with that stupid laugh they both do. Very annoying.

In terms of comedians I've seen live - Brian Regan and Allyn Ball

Comedians I haven't seen live - Dane Cook, Stephen Wright

These are just my 4 favorites though (Allyn is my top favorite, saw like 5 shows of his)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)