Other Metagames [STABmons]The Last Chapter!!(Peaked#1)

Want STABmons back as a perma ladder?

• Total voters

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
The Last Chapter

Hey peeps, it's geerat from PS and I bring you what would be pretty much my last RMT for my love STABmons. I didn't intend to do another RMT for gen-6 but it was 2 days ago when I heard STABmons wasn't going to be a perma ladder anymore I knew I had to build one last team before this generation ends. I have been a big fan of this meta-game and as much as it sucks to see it go away, I understand(I am not crying) due to the dwindling player base and I can just hope it comes back :). Well coming to the point, this is my 4th successful STABmons team and was made around fire spam as lots of people relied on defensive cores which just get nuked by powerful special attacks and since most teams now tend to use mega-venusaur or amoongus as their keldeo check and heatran as their fire check, this allows charizard-y to break them so easily. Another thing is I was kind of challenged to make a STABmons team with no priority so this team doesn't have fake-speed. So, here's the first look at the team ::

As you can see team is build around charizard-y and heatran, but before we move forward its time for something for you guys to listen.

Proof Of Peak ::
Untitled.png

Team-Building::

As I told you earlier, the sheer power these two possess under sun is threatening to say the least, being able to 2hko so much stuff.

As, somehow, I had to get rid of that shit called chansey, incomes ttar as a pursuit support.

Next incomes my favorite defensive core as they kind of check so much of the meta-game by itself.

At last I added another niche check to fake-speeders that is inner focus lucario.

But as I played more and more games, I realised how weak I was to gyarados, both mega/non-mega so I changed the team a bit to accommodate more threats which sadly meant celebi had to go.

Explanation::

X/Y?? (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blue Flare
- Oblivion Wing
- Focus Blast
- Protect
Alright, to start with we have our own gen-1 favorite. You can hate it, you can love it but you can't deny how rad it is. I chose Charizard-Y as my mega, because tbh in this meta, nothing switches into a sun-boosted blue-flare and basically what does gets ripped apart by focus blast. Modest is preferred as in STABmons 100 base tier isn't as important and modest one deals insane damage. Blue Flare 2hkoes latis, focus blast 1 shots offensive tran and oblivion wing is chosen over solar-beam as this is a non roost set so it really appreciates the healing and since most waters get straight up 2hkoed by blue flare and what doesn't gets heavily dented by oblivion wing, so basically making chansey as the only switch-in. As far as the last slot goes, Protect is so good on char-y. I mean since most teams tend to kill char-y only using fake-speed and it is just bulky enough to stand up an extreme speed, so it becomes stupid hard to revenge this mon, also protect scouts choiced mons, which I find pretty cool for an offensive mon. This also helps in identifying lures which are another common way to kill char-y.

Kinda_Cute (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Electric]/Stone Edge
- Blue Flare
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
I have been using scarfed heatran for some time, and this thing puts up so much work lol. I mean the sheer ability to outspeed stuff like serperior and ko it, is just awesome. Also heatran assists char-y in it's fire spam shenanigans, as not much takes consecutive blue flares under sun. Also another reason I love heatran as my scarfer is it's ability to outspeed and knock out aerodactyl, which is a pretty big threat to balance teams. As well as naturally resisting extreme speeds is a good way to finish up bothersome stuff like ice punch lopunny. As far as the moveset is considered blue flare+flash cannon are just relevant STABs. Earth Power rounds up it's coverage by hitting other heatrans and chipping on stuff like keldeo. Now, the last slot basically depends on your preference, if you want to kill charizard-y you can opt for stone edge, whereas you can nab an unsuspecting gyarados with a hp electric. Basically this fire spam core has a lot of advantages, it negates niche stuff like yanmega which could be possibly threatening and the biggest plus is, they together take care of stuff like sylveon, as modest blue flare 1 shots that thing.

Eww...Cold (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Precipice Blades/U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
Next up, comes lando my buddy. This thing is just too good to pass on. It acts as the premier physical wall for the team and straight up counters plenty of stuff like tyranitar, scizor and some other stuff. Normally I run hp fire in the slot for Precipice blades but obviously it is redundant for this team and precipice blades helps out against stuff like sylveon, even though it is uninvested, it still manages to deal a lot of damage. You can also switch out Precipice Blades for U-turn as frankly this team actually suffers from general lack of momentum. Roost + Defog are self-explanatory on a defensive mon, and lando is the most reliable defensive defogger for balance teams. Anyways, this is a pretty standard set and yeah I am sorry about using lando lol.

Forever@Latis (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Diamond Storm
- Pursuit
This thing, again manages to make it to most of my teams, just considering how good this thing generally is. Since the main issue which should be addressed for specially based offense is chansey, which ttar invalidates to some extent. Basically you need to do two things, either knock off it's eviolite after which it just gets 2hkoed by Sun boosted blue flare from char-y or pursuit trap it, doing a solid 40% to it, again after which it doesn't switch at all. This thing is max speed as ability to outspeed modest max speed sylveon and just KO it with diamond storm is fucking satisfying. As far as the coverage goes, dark/rock coverage is all you need. You can slash Parting Shot with Sucker Punch, but I won't recommend it, as banded sucker punch is really strong af and again not to stress it, helps against fake-speed spam, it actually does a solid 47% to mega-lopunny, so if it is down at that range, don't be afraid to spam sucker punch. And lastly since this set lacks any invested bulk, be careful about reckless switching into attacks as people tend to do that with ttar. But again don't be afraid to switch it in against stuff like chansey as a little opening there basically means you can win the game later.

Free_Hugs (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Horn Leech/Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
I am gonna be honest about this, but I fucking hate using this thing. But this is pretty much the best thing I could fit into the team. If you bothered to read the team-building phase, you'd see that I was earlier using celebi as my keldeo counter+rocks setter. But that made me insanely weak to mega-gyarados, so I basically gave up and just fitted this thing into my team and since then it has been invaluable for team. Stealth Rocks just because I had to fit them somewhere right? Spore is another thing this gains which helps to reduce it's passivity to some extent. Horn Leech is just for some grass STAB. I'd prefer steel STAB but that just invalidates the purpose of using ferrothorn. Wood Hammer, I know is a recoil move but has a nice niche of being able to break subs of defensive gyarados. Synthesis also gets a nice buff due to the Sun which Char-y brings. This thing is pretty good at it's job tbh, though it is a little passive but the firepower(Get it?) this team has, it's certainly manageable.

Barney (Slowking) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpA / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Psystrike/Psycho Boost
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam/Fire Blast
And to finish up our defensive core, we have AV slowking. It's typing + humongous spdef stat pretty much invalidates so much stuff like special fire mons and Keldeo most importantly. This thing's special defense is just amazing lol. Just to give you an example it survives a +2 leaf storm from serperior after rocks, +3 bug buzz from modest yanmega and some other crazy shit like that. Though this being our sole keldeo counter on the team, remember not to get it pursuit trapped. The moves are pretty standard, steam eruption and psystrike for STABs, you can use scald if you feel you need more PP, but since slowking genrally just pivots, it is quite feasible to run steam eruption. Dragon Tail is just useful for shuffling around stuff like mega-latias so that it doesn't get the chance to set-up or anything. Actually Psycho Boost is viable too if you decide to use d-tail as it still doesn't allow anything to set-up in your face as you will be at -2.The last slot can go to both fire blast/ice beam depending on whether you want to donk it's usual switch-ins in ferrothorn or hit stuff like tank-chomp harder. This thing also tanks upto 2 boombursts from sylveon while 2hkoing it using psystrike due 100 SpA invested in it, though you can go full specially defensive too.

Threat-list :
: Not exactly but swords dance+ice punch variant can punch through this team, though it generally predicts king's shield on ferro allowing me to spore it. Also heatran revenges from 85%, so 1 rock helmet damage and you are good to go.

: Yeah this thing is kinda annoying, but I have checks for most of it's variants, mega gets countered by ferro, stall-breaker one gets countered by ttar, heatran and offensive one is chipped down pretty easily.

Replays :
Sorry wasn't planning on doing an RMT, so didn't save much but they will be uploaded soon. Though I have couple of them :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-468948910 : Basically Charizard just carries the game along with it.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-468946056 : Just some ladder match

Conclusion :
So, finally I have managed to make a STABmons team without fake-speed lol. Though it makes team-building a little hard but still its pretty manageable when you have proper counters :). Moreover a big thanks for the STABmons council for making this meta-game, it's been a fun-filled meta and I really hope it'll be available as a challenge option next generation. Peace!

(Btw Links to my other STABmons teams -
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/stab-it-to-the-heart-v2-0-peaked-1-with-1568.3574180/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/stab-it-to-the-heart-peaked-1-with-1420.3562536/#post-6632612)

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Importable ::

X/Y?? (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blue Flare
- Oblivion Wing
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Eww...Cold (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Precipice Blades
- Roost
- Defog

Forever@Latis (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Diamond Storm
- Pursuit

Free_Hugs (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Horn Leech
- Synthesis

Barney (Slowking) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpA / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Psystrike
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam

Kinda_Cute (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Blue Flare
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like that last poll option is directed towards to me...

but yeah lemme just give this quick review.

Overall this is a really good team for STABmons, especially the fact that you didn't use extreme speed makes it pretty phenomenal imo.

Overall I'd get rid of Stone Edge on tran; HP electric is just a lot better for the team overall, especially with Gyarados making your threatlist.
Braviary is also a problem for your team, every though Heatran/slowking checks it, it kind of dies to superpower.
If SD Ice punch lopunny blazes through your team, you could switch the slowking set to the bold (248HP/252Def) set, but you lose out on the abiity to check serp + yanmega with it, as well as the power.

These are really optional, and I seriously think this a solid team for the STABmons meta at the moment, and don't have much else to say about it.

Sylveon.

I feel like that last poll option is directed towards to me...
Haha..If you say so ;)

but yeah lemme just give this quick review.

Overall this is a really good team for STABmons, especially the fact that you didn't use extreme speed makes it pretty phenomenal imo.

Overall I'd get rid of Stone Edge on tran; HP electric is just a lot better for the team overall, especially with Gyarados making your threatlist.
Braviary is also a problem for your team, every though Heatran/slowking checks it, it kind of dies to superpower.
If SD Ice punch lopunny blazes through your team, you could switch the slowking set to the bold (248HP/252Def) set, but you lose out on the abiity to check serp + yanmega with it, as well as the power.

These are really optional, and I seriously think this a solid team for the STABmons meta at the moment, and don't have much else to say about it.
Ah..thanks for rate man. Anyways hp electric is pretty solid on tran, stone edge was just a niche option. Yeah, I too thought about fully defensive slowking and it should work out well but I am kind of hesitant to shift spdef EVs from king as it is pretty much my only switch-in to stuff like charizard-y etc. I generally keep heatran alive in most of the matches involving lopunny anyways. But I'll try it out and maybe find a new spread, anyways slowking in no way is a check to serp or yanmega though, it was just some calc for emergency purposes.

Edit: 300th post lol. Anyways shifting 100 special attack EVs to defense works too as slowking lives a +2 espeed from adamant lopunny after rocks.
+2 252+ Atk Mega Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 100+ Def Slowking: 288-340 (73.2 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: OM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)