Other Metagames STAB it to the heart - v2.0 (Peaked #1 with 1568)

Best om??

• Total voters

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
STAB it to the heart v2.0
Hey smobros, this is geerat from showdown and I am back after a period of almost 2-3 months on smogon as well as showdown, lol its good to be back. So as soon as I was back I wanted to build a new team and finally decided to build a new STABmons team and this is me getting into STABmons after a gap of almost 6 months, so I was freaked out as there were so less no. of powerful offensive mons that once STABmons boasted of :(. I had a very good track record with this team(approx 80-2). This is actually my second stabmons team which peaked::
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/stab-it-to-the-heart-peaked-1-with-1420.3562536/#post-6632612
But somehow I managed to make a bulky offense kind of team with whatever pokemons that were left (No kyurem-b though :/). So here's the team below I guess ::

Well, listen to this thing::
Teambuilding ::

Well, it all started with this guy, specially since it now gets steam eruption(even better than origin pulse lol), I decided just to have water and fighting moves on him and no other coverage.

Next up I needed something to wallbreak + trap stuff, I initially wanted hoopa but ofc it was banned so banded ttar fit the team well.

Next up I thought I needed something to revenge kill + I had no mega till now so lopunny was a immediate choice.

Till now most fake speeders with apt coverage had a field day with me, so I thought really hard and used special support lando lol.

I still wasn't sure about how to take down bulky grasses and so I thought about using scarf tran because I also needed to revenge mega zor since it doesn't have shift gear anymore + it revenges a bunch of stuff.

And at last I saw I lacked a rocker + keldeo switch-in, so spdef celebi was just perfect to form a defensive core with lando + spore support is awesome

Team ::

Dextor(Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Vacuum Wave
- Secret Sword

- Steam Eruption
So, to start the mon around which the whole team is based on. Keldeo just has too much power in STABmons, I mean specs spout and steam eruption I mean 2 powerful moves with good accuracy with decent speed, can it get better than that? Vacuum wave is a utility move in this set, it was specially helpful in kyurem era as it took about 65% of the health in case it had already danced. You could opt for apt hidden powers but most of them are situational and that's what the rest of team is for. Secret sword is obvious on any keldeo set. So, it basically does keldeo stuff, I mean wallbreaking and all that shit.

Marshall(Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
This thing is love lol. I mean banded ttar is one of my favourite wallbreakers in ou and of course it gets even more powerful in STABmons. Diamond storm is just awesome on such a tanky mon. This thing handles so much stuff like mega bro, mega lati, heatran to some extent. Sucker punch is a really powerful priority coming from 600 something attack and I really don't know why but still takes so many opponents out by surprise. Knock off is obviously the most reliable stab, it even has a chance to 2hko def garchomp. Pursuit is obviously to assist keldeo. Always remember to use ttar carefully as if somehow ttar dies team will struggle against someone like mega latias.

Glaceen(Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
Ever since scizor lost shift gear, mega lop has been pretty much the best mega in STABmons once its checks have been removed. It has the fastest fake speed combo and revenges lots of stuff like belly drummed azu and other potential fake speeders. You kind of need adamant because you don't get to set up that often so its nice to have some firepower as base 135 attack can be a little underwhelming sometimes without item, btw its great against thundy and stuff. You could swap swords dance with ice punch but swords dance is the way to go in the long run.

Aliastor(Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Oblivion Wing
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

- Roost
Now this might seem a bit strange but special support lando is so fucking awesome. I mean earlier I had noticed that against standard lando, you just get set-up on by the likes of scizor and ferro, which exactly isn't what you call a counter, so incomes special lando, just 2 hkoing all variants of both scizor and ferro with hp fire. Oblivion wing means you don't have to rely on roost that much and you pretty much counter opposing defensive landos and garchomps effectively. Also oblivion wing scores 70% on lopunny too, which I find pretty cool. Well, on the flip side you do get walled by tornadus(no stone edge) and heatran but they are pretty well managed by other members.

Donny(Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Blue Flare
- Eruption
Till now, someone like celebi could just wall my wincons(well not ttar but you really shouldn't switch ttar against celebi) and someone like serperior could just put someone to sleep and then roll away with the game. So, incomes scarf tran, and man if you go through the replays you will see the amount of work it puts in each game + surprise factor is always valued. Most importantly it outspeeds aerodactyl so you get to revenge it as lando just can't wall banded aero head smashes unless it is at -1. You could replace eruption with stone edge to handle char-y better, you do need something reliable and flamethrower doesn't count -_-. Earth power is just for opposing trans. Timid over modest just to outspeed aero.

Elena(Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Seed Flare
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
So, here is the final piece of the puzzle, a keldeo switch-in, much needed rocks and spore support which allows it to successfully lay rocks. The moveset is rather simple, it justs completes the whole team while having some sort of offensive presence in seed flare. Moreover this little thing is cute as a button. Well, I don't have anything more, its just cute.
Threatlist ::
::
This shit has zero switch-ins, though it is slow compared to the team. I mean specs water spout still koes even in the sun also ttar sucker punch has a good chance to ko. Also adamant lop kills with fake + espeed combo.You can replace eruption with stone edge to nab it.
:: Offensive gyarados is tough to face, defensive is even blocked by lando, but offensive needs to be played around carefully. Let it whittle down from helmet damage and ttar's sucker punch does a solid 85% and lop can obviosly revenge it.

:: Not exactly a threat, celebi fares pretty well and heatran can revenge most of the time, but still it's dangerous due to that boomburst.

Replays(Well, I know the ladder isn't that good but still)

Well, I guess that's it and those of you who are still here, here's something for ya ;)

I will post the importable below​

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Micheal(Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Vacuum Wave
- Secret Sword
- Steam Eruption

The thing(Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Elena(Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

Marcus(Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Oblivion Wing
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
- Roost

Donny(Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Blue Flare
- Eruption

Claire(Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Seed Flare
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)