Other Metagames STAB it to the heart - Peaked #1 with 1420

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey guys, its geerat from showdown, recently I have started to try other metas from showdown, and its been so fun, but the thing is it kind of takes time to blend into new formats though, so when I started to play STABmons it took me quite a bit of time to make a good team, but finally I made one, and it took me to the top. Its so fun, no stall shit, just 6 mons who can attack whole day if they want, and it works quite well in ongoing meta, it was made just after ban of diggersby and altaria, so I thought to share it with ya ,just try it out , I will provide proof of peak below the rmt.

So, first a overview of the team,

TEAM-BUILDING ::

She was the first mon of the team and my new favourite mega, coz duh espeed...so I built the whole team around her.

Now I thought she has problems with sweeping from those pesky bug-steel types and few other bulky mons like lando, so I added air baloon heatran as a soft check to them.

Next up, to stop fake-speed users I just added fully defensive lando-t, he serves as a blanket checkto other lops not having ice punch, and provides valuable defog,no rocks though lol.

After going into some battles with these three, I recognised I had a problem with scarfed spout keldeo, as with it lop doesnt get the chance to set up. Slowking just stops many special threats like heatran, keldeo, and even survives against thundy's electric attacks.

After that to enable a good lop sweep, I needed a terrifying wallbreaker, so I just went for lord banded kyurem, so I had to suffer no topsy turvy shenanigans with sableye and one shot most thundys and landos with powerful ice shards.

And in the end, to round it up, I needed a solid check to other slowbros and slowkings, which are running rampant these days in the meta, so comes in pursuit crawdaunt.

Asskicker (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Extreme Speed
She is the star of the team, with high attack and blistering speed and unique ability to ohko most the meta at +2 espeed with scrappy. I thought about running fake out but setting up with opponent sleeping is always awesome and you get to do something with opponent is using king's shield and stuff like against heatrans.Swords dance is nice and HJK and Espeed provide almost perfect coverage, though lovely kiss's accuracy has sometimes come to bite me in the ass. Just remember to get landos and other fake speed users out of the way.

You_r_doomed (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Doom Desire
- Blue Flare
- King's Shield
- Roar
He is so good in this meta, gets the coveted blue flare dealing so much damage from his high special attack, one of my answers to thundy and scizors and stuff. He is so good when he just plays around with opponent using doom desire and roar, who don't have a immediate check to him. King's shield is obligatory. As far as the evs are concerned, 200 speed evs are given to outspeed adamant bisharp, and rest are into little bulk. Doom desire is so powerful from his spl. attack and believe me doom desire + king's shield + roar has got me so many kills.

Idontlikecold (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Precipice Blades
- Roost
He might not look it but he is one of the most important members of the team and does what he needs to do precisely, defog is good on him and he gets plenty of chance to defog though, u-turn gives some momentum and forms very good defensive core with slowking, precipice blades deal okay amount of damage coming from his solid base attack and roost provides longivity, I used to have stealth rocks over u-turn on him, but it just stopped the game for me though, so I had to get u-turn.

Tell_me_a_joke (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 106 SpA / 154 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psystrike
- Slack Off
Love this guy, he looks so innocent and chill. Boy, I am turning into slowking fanboy lol.
He is just too good, blanket checks keldeos and stuff and heals back using regen, I thought about using assault vest, but then I thought he needed slack off, as far as EVs are concerned, 106 spl attack ensure standard ferro dies to fire blast, coz fuck ferro. Others are obligatory STABs, so he has a very niche role in the team, but does it pretty well.

Bang_Bang (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
Now, here comes the Mvp of the team, banded kyurem-black is so op, I will show some calculations below to show his power, I just went with the bulky one, with max attack to deal max damage, this set has one nice perk, it takes about 65 percent from keldeo and beats it with fusion bolt, nice huh?
Outrage is a complete nuke, whereas STABmons blessed him with nice ice STAB in icicle crash, and ice shard provides a very nice strong priority, ohkoing frail mons like thundurus.
Now just see how powerful he is ::

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Shard vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Zapdos: 228-270 (59.5 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Zapdos: 339-400 (88.5 - 104.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 476-562 (147.3 - 173.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 160-189 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- 33.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Gliscor: 376-448 (106.2 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 412-492 (107.8 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 209-246 (54.2 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

YiPPie_yika_mf (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Water Shuriken
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance
And finally to round it up, I though I needed a strong trapper who could trap most psychics and KO. He can hit terrakions with water shurikens and if you are lucky it won't hit just 2 times. Sucker punch KOes thundys and stuff. Though he doesn't get swords dance up much but if he does, not many things survive the hits though. Moreover he is nice utility mon for the team, with no one expecting pursuits.
So, thats pretty much the team, I am feeling too much lazy to upload a threatlist, but I will post the importable in the comments. So, rate it, judge it and change it if you want, I am all ears, and please suggest better nicks too.

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Asskicker (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Extreme Speed

You_r_doomed (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Blue Flare
- King's Shield
- Roar

Idontlikecold (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Precipice Blades
- Roost

Tell_me_a_joke (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 106 SpA / 154 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psystrike
- Slack Off

Bang_Bang (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt

YiPPie_yika_mf (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Water Shuriken
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Hey there darksylvion, I'm here to rate your team!

This overall looks like a really solid team, but I've noticed two glaring issues. Firstly, you're really weak to Keldeo after Slowking faints. To remedy this, I would suggest changing Crawdaunt to Gyarados. Gyarados is overall a better Water-type, and Crawdaunt is really mediocre in general. Since you have Defog support, it shouldn't be an issue to add Gyarados. Next, you are crazy weak to Mega Scizor which also gets taken care of with Gyarados mind you, but otherwise it's still annoying. One potential way to fix this is to run Hidden Power Fire over Outrage on Kyurem-Black, which is the most expendable move, and is nice to lure it in overall.

Change Roar on Heatran to Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is much better to support your team and Roar is really meh, you want to control what Doom Desire is hitting imo.

Otherwise I really don't see any *glaring* flaws. Are there any other threats you have noticed? I can help you remedy those if you've got some in mind. But until then, take a short and sweet rate. :heart:

Sylveon.

Hey there darksylvion, I'm here to rate your team!

This overall looks like a really solid team, but I've noticed two glaring issues. Firstly, you're really weak to Keldeo after Slowking faints. To remedy this, I would suggest changing Crawdaunt to Gyarados. Gyarados is overall a better Water-type, and Crawdaunt is really mediocre in general. Since you have Defog support, it shouldn't be an issue to add Gyarados. Next, you are crazy weak to Mega Scizor which also gets taken care of with Gyarados mind you, but otherwise it's still annoying. One potential way to fix this is to run Hidden Power Fire over Outrage on Kyurem-Black, which is the most expendable move, and is nice to lure it in overall.

Change Roar on Heatran to Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is much better to support your team and Roar is really meh, you want to control what Doom Desire is hitting imo.

Otherwise I really don't see any *glaring* flaws. Are there any other threats you have noticed? I can help you remedy those if you've got some in mind. But until then, take a short and sweet rate. :heart:
Actually, team has some issues with mega scizor, but generally I don't let them set-up, and since most of them don't run bullet punch anymore, lop avenges them, and also they die to a +2 HJK from mega lop, plus setting up with lop is never a problem due to lovely kiss but yup it's been a issue, I tried a offensive gyara as you said, but then I plain lose to slowbro and its mega, as I have nothing for them..I have too many physical attackers. :/
And yes I have replaced roar with stealth rock, but then most of the time I miss out on the high damage of doom desire, so I think I will replace that with flash cannon or earth power.
Also I hate thundy , I know it remedies the slowbros and slowkings problems but I just don't want to use it.
Anyways thanks for a good rate. :o)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)