Project SS RU Next Best Thing - On break

Thank you to everyone who participated! Here are the submissions from this week!

Cosmic Power Body Press by Mac3
Mixed Expert Belt by NEON_Voyager
Substitute + Toxic by Yourwelcomethanku
Double Dance Weakness Policy by Nohtori
Salac Berry Cleaner by E4 Bruno Mars
Assault Vest by nameless90
Power Herb + Meteor Beam by TailGlowVM
IronPress RestTalk by SimonBoi
Choice Specs by Mr.Bossaru

You may vote for one set, and you may not vote for your own set. Have fun, everybody! I'll see you on Wednesday to announce the winner and get next week's cycle started off.​

hey all, closing voting early this week. the winner is cosmic power body press by mac3 and i'll add it to the hall of fame soon.
sorry for the weird post, but to summarize things i got into a rather heated argument with another use i won't name here and at the moment i'm extremely annoyed with said user and want to take a break from smogon as a whole for a while including forums, showdown, and the ru discord server. i'll be back some point during mid to late august. later everybody :psyglad:

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
What's poppin', everyone? NBT Thread is back in business!
It's been a while and the metagame has shifted a fair amount, so let's jump right in with this week's candidate!
:bw/reuniclus:
Reuniclus has really been shining lately, and currently stands as the only S Rank Pokemon in the Viability Rankings. This thing is mostly known for pulling shenanigans with Calm Mind and Magic Guard, but let's ignore all of that and push its potential to the limit!
Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Future Sight
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
Submissions are gonna be open until around Sunday the 29th, and then I'll be opening voting and doing all of that fun stuff. Have fun posting everybody! Don't be shy about reaching out to me if you have any questions; my contact info is in my signature. Cheers!​

:bw/Reuniclus:
Tricky Barb
Reuniclus @ Sticky Barb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spa
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Future Sight
- Recover
- Psyshock

You can cripple normal Reuniclus counterplay such as incineroar, Umbreon, and Milotic with a Sticky Barb. This set cannot hit dark-types outside Trick so having teammates such as Milotic, Cobalion, and Sylveon can help check those. Fsight is especially dangerous alongside fighting wallbreakers such as Pangoro and Heracross.

Last edited:
Acid Armor BP
:ss/reuniclus:
Reuniclus @ Toxic Orb / Sticky Barb
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SpA / 168 Spe
- Stored Power
- Acid Armor
- Recover
- Encore
This set requires prediction, but overall I think it can be usable. Basically you just predict the Trick user and use Encore, they will be forced to use Trick for 3 more turns which means you still have Sticky Barb/Toxic Orb and no Choice Scarf so yay. The Speed EV's are for 84 Speed EV's Golisopod so you can Stored Power before it. The HP and SpAtk EV's are leftovers as I am too lazy to calc.

Last edited:

Keem

formerly Nezloe
Reserving Twisted Spoon
(Writing this for 2nd bc draft didn't save :facepalm:)
:BW/Reuniclus: @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Future Sight
- Focus Blast
As if this green space fetus wasnt threatening enough I decided to make it a psy terrain abuser with its partner in crime indeedee. Decided to go max HP and some def so you can comfortably take a U-Turn and eq from Flygon and so you can live CB flygon first impressions.

:bw/Flygon: Calcs: :bw/Flygon:
236 Atk Flygon U-turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Reuniclus: 158-188 (37.2 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

236 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Reuniclus: 169-201 (39.8 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Flygon First Impression vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Reuniclus: 310-366 (73.1 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Trick+Toxic Orb Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Night Shade
- Recover

Here we have another set with Trick, but with Toxic Orb instead of a Flame one because the formare is better suited to cripple bulky checks/counters that traditionally stop Reuniclus in its tracks.
You may argue that Flame Orb is better due to the fact that the burn halves the Atk of the target, but keep in mind that Reuniclus is so slow that it will eat a physical attack at full force before (usually supereffective) before statusing the opponent's threat.
Toxic Orb offers more versatility because it hits a great amount of targets, especially bulky pokemons that are (generally) not greatly affected by burn.
Night Shade is here because it deals solid damage to any target it hits regardless of its resistances, whereas Psyshock is the STAB-attack.
Recover is here for longevity.

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
Full Support

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Recover
- Psychic

We have a support set here, meant to cripple down pokemon like incin and umbreon. Other defensive mons like Seismitoad, Milotic, or even Gastrodon do not appreciate being poisoned. The 88 SpD is to avoid Xurk 2HKO, the rest is dumped into defense.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
:ss/reuniclus:
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Recover

While it makes you considerably worse against Incineroar and Obstagoon, the tier's lack of other Dark-types that threaten Reuniclus (besides Sharpedo which you can OHKO) means that some of them have opted to use this set to beat a usual counter in Haze Milotic:

0 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Milotic: 205-244 (52 - 61.9%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Thunder also lets Reuniclus fish for paralysis on its other switch-ins, typically Steel-types.

Last edited:
It's Sunday, you all know what that means! Voting time! Here are this week's submissions:

Tricky Barb by Yourwelcomethanku
Acid Armor + Stored Power by SimonBoi
Twisted Spoon Future Sight by Nezloe
Night Shade by nameless90
Bulky Support by C0nfiden1 0yster
Life Orb Thunder by TailGlowVM

You can vote for one set, and you can't vote for your own set. If there's a tie at the end of voting, I'll use my magic host powers to cast a tiebreaker, so vote for whichever set you like the most! Voting will close September 1st so I can get the next week of submissions up.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)