Pet Mod SS OU Theorymon (Completed)

Alright! Votings up!

Krookodile: 9
Goodra: 6
Aurorus: 4

With that, Goodra and Krook will be added to the meta!

Now for the next slate! This is our second resub slate, and based on community input, here it is!
:ss/Regieleki: + Switcheroo
:ss/Wishiwashi-school: + 20 HP + Recover
:ss/Primarina: + Recover
:ss/Virizion: + Adaptability + Horn Leech
:ss/Froslass: + Snow Warning + 20 Sp.Atk

What do you think of this slate? Let us know!

As a bonus:
1654096545936.png

To the 7 people who want to marry me: Hurry up and propose you cowards Im not getting any younger

Last edited:
Alright! Votings up!

Krookodile: 9
Goodra: 6
Aurorus: 4

With that, Goodra and Krook will be added to the meta!

Now for the next slate! This is our second resub slate, and based on community input, here it is!
:ss/Froslass: + Snow Warning

What do you think of this slate? Let us know!

As a bonus:
View attachment 428219
To the 7 people who want to marry me: Hurry up and propose you cowards Im not getting any younger
didnt primarina have +15 def? and frosslass who has +20 sp. attack

Regieleki shows promise.. but idk how to picture it... it tricks lando-t/garchomp/zeraora and then pokemon can abuse them such as offensive zapdos being able to abuse it. Shutting down SD garchomp, zeraora, and lando-t is pretty nice for any team that hates them getting in the way such as volcarona being able to setup in front of a choice locked lando-t into stealth rocks, or a garchomp locked into stealth rocks or fire fang. IDK sounds promising enough but still it sounds so one dimensional and really relies on connecting the trick and really seems very team specific esp since many more pokemon now are able to screw it over like av tang, latias, shedinja, sylveon, mudsdale, dragalge, and cebeli

Bulky water... still question as to what it does over bulky waters... i guess its a very slow pivot who can underspeed most pokemon can use its titanic bulk to bring in pokemon safely, Unlike slowbro it is not exactly vulnurable to ghost and dark moves and can act as a much better wall. With 65/130/135 bulk it can easily wall most pokemon such as checking dragapult, non specs sylveon, latias, dhelmise, and more even after stealth rocks with only max hp, it shows how tanky it is. I believe this to be a good pokemon esp as other waters can be passive while this has 140 sp. attack to make sure it is hitting hard even with no investment

Sounds good.... CM recover sets sounds nice esp since it has recover to rely on reliable recover which sets it apart from tapu fini. Defensive Primarina can wall or check many pokemon such as dragapult, sylveon, latias, golisopod, kommo-o, darmanitan, cobalion, milotic, keldeo, and many more. This shows great potential ... in my head at least

same as last time... it looks very good esp with the versitility of the special sets, SD sets, AoA, mixed sets it looks like it can do a lot...

"
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Virizion Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 211-250 (69.4 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Virizion Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragonite: 133-156 (41.1 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Virizion Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 144-170 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Virizion Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 157-186 (40.9 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Virizion Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 328-387 (78 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Virizion Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 114-135 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Virizion Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dhelmise: 157-186 (45.6 - 54%) -- 51.6% chance to 2HKO
"

yeah it is a very nuclear pokemon on the special side... and very hard to deal with but i beileve if ur holding LO ur gonna have to spam synthesis to keep urself at full hp due to a lot of recoil, chip damage, and hazards. IdK looks good enough but idk who to vote on this slate

:ss/Froslass: + Snow Warning + 20 sp. attack

blizzard spam go brr... well it is gonna be choice specs blizzard spamming with shadow ball backing it up to make sure it hits the resist pokemon. IDK it looks good enough but its pretty one dimensional

Last edited:
I just thought I have Déjà vu, but anyway,
This sub sounds really interesting, outside of running a specs to trick and neutralizing tanks and ground types, it can also run ring target, which, when tricked into Lando, makes it weak to electric type attacks, and force it out, since many teams only have 1 ground immunity, eleki with ring target can easily spam strong attacks and volt switch out after getting the ring target on that immunity!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Imma give my opinions on the slate cause why not:
:ss/regieleki:+Switcheroo
Honestly, I'd have preferred this sub to get in rather than Salazzle, as it gives it an interesting and cool way to play around Ground-Types with either Choice Specs or Ring Target (I'd rather run Specs most of the time tho as it's much more consistent long-term, but Ring Target can mess u up). It will probably still be a B-ranked mon, but it's definitely decent all things considered, as now at least it can cripple its checks.

:ss/wishiwashi-school:+20 HP +Recover
To be fair, it shouldn't have got overshadowed by Sylveon and Glastrier, as it's a quite good Bulky Water that can pivot and check lots of stuff like Blacephalon, Dragapult to an extent, Glastrier, Volcarona, Sylveon, and Weavile in one slot, plus it now gets reliable recovery to stay healthy throughout the game. Honestly, I'll going to quote a G-Luke post here:
:ss/wishiwashi-school:
I believed I judged Wishiwashi too harshly. As my good friend earl and others have rightfully pointed out, this Pokémon has the bulk of Toxapex, combined with the potential power of Ash-Greninja, and a very slow U-turn. I think these are grounds for at least a reevaluation of how we see it.
Wishiwashi @ Leftovers
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Scald / Liquidation
- Toxic / Ice Beam / Earthquake
- Recover
Wishiwashi takes advantage of a rare niche of the tier, a fully specially defensive bulky Water and runs with it. Wishiwashi has the capabilities to comfortably check the likes of Heatran, Blacephalon, Dragapult (very crazy calcs) and Volcarona, while being able to pivot in on various weaker special attackers very comfortably, and then U-turn out as needed. Its not a perfect Pokémon of course, due to the nature of how Schooling works, but a Pure Water type is actually a very valuable asset for teams to have. A PhysDef set can also be ran, as a physically bulky Water that can check both Garchomp AND Weavile in one go is very valuable to have on certain teams. I'd beckon for others to check it out.
:SS/Virizion: +Adaptability +Horn Leech
Now this buff turns it into a legitimate and scary offensive threat due to its new ability Adaptability and Horn Leech, which unlike Leaf Blade also allows it to stay healthy, plus SpA sets will also get much better with this buff, as now Leaf Storm and Focus Blast as shown in HL calcs hit much harder. It also gets coverage in form to Stone Edge and Air Slash for SpA sets, so yeah this is legit.
I also don't believe this buff will make Virizion broken, as it's still checked by Zapdos while its got a wide amount of counterplay for each set, though I expect it to be quite good.

:SS/Froslass: +Snow Warning +20 SpA
Honestly, I think this sub's quite good, as now it can hit very hard through resists and Ice-Ghost coverage is just fantastic, especially if backed up with Trick. To be fair though, this is my least favorite sub but not because it's bad, it's just that the other ones add more to the metagame, though it doesn't mean that Froslass doesn't offer anything new anything, as lead sets might be cool in HOs and spinblocker + hail setter that can also wallbreak in one is just cool, but not that interesting unlike the others.

My order as of now:
:Wishiwashi-school: > :Regieleki: = :Primarina: > :Virizion: > :Froslass:

Ardy, Where's my Geomancy Wigglytuff?
Ok, But Seriously, let's get on with my takes.
Regieleki: Still Like it.
Froslass: I'm a little indifferent about it. I wouldn't mind this getting in.
Primarina: No comment.
Wishiwashi: Now that is something I'm looking foward to. It reminds me alot of Joltemons' Wishiwashi in a sense. I'll vote for it when it's time.
Virizion: The addition of Adaptability is absolutely Monsterous. As calcs have proven, it's gonna end up clapping even resistances. My only complaint is that there wasn't an additional +20 to any of it's stats to match Cobalion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)