Pet Mod SS OU Theorymon (Completed)

Time's up! Here are the results!

Inteleon: 1
Copperajah: 12
Latios: 7

Golurk: 3
Whimsicott: 1

The elephant really took the win lol. Anyway, moving on!

:ss/krookodile: + U-Turn + 11 Spe
:ss/charizard: +12 Spe
:ss/aurorus: + Boomburst + 20 Spe
:sm/kangaskhan: + Ground type + 15 Attack
:ss/goodra: + Analytic (Replaces Hydration) + Recover

you know the drill, five days for discussion!

The more these slates go on, the less I’ll be able to comment on the meta.

Such is life.

:krookodile: Seems solid. Mon really doesn’t need much to make it OU, and pivoting+more speed are both great for it. Only real problem I see is competition among physdef Grounds is very very high, and I’m not sure Krook lives up to it. Stuff like Lando, Hippo, Mudsdale all make it hard to justify Krook, but maybe it can leverage that secondary typing well enough, since fat Darks are quite the rarity in OU still.

:charizard: LOLLLL GET OWNED MOSSY
no other thoughts. mon is still only as viable as sun.

:aurorus: Don’t care too much about viability since the concept is stupid, but uhhh, I guess it’s probably alright? Struggles with Ice resists in OU but it could probably work since the Steels that don’t mind Ice/Ground coverage are deleted by Boomburst. Still don’t like it.

:kangaskhan: Diggersby 2. Seems unnecessary, probably isn’t OU, and doesn’t add much to the meta (we already have physical normal breakers). No reason to vote for it imo.

:goodra: My sub iirc. I was tired of all the funky Goobruh subs, so I made one that improves the mon’s existing niche in legitimate ways. Giving Goodra reliable recovery is obvious, but likely wouldn’t even make it OU since it’s pretty passive. Pure Dragon is a very nice defensive and offensive typing, so I thought it would be good to leverage that offensive power a bit with Analytic, a boosting ability that perfectly fits a slow, bulky mon like Goodra. Mon already gets pretty solid coverage so that’s covered, though an unfortunate lack of utility means it isn’t perfect. Still a solid bulky anti-offense tool.

:krookodile: > :goodra: > :aurorus: > :charizard: > :kangaskhan:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Just gotta give my opinion on the subs!
:krookodile: Oh damn my sub! Honestly, I just found the idea of an offensive role compressor mon quite interesting, and I guess it works, as it's one of the few mons that can pivot, knock off, resist ghost (this is kinda huge as it can switch into shadow ball choice-locked pult/blace), act as a volt inmune, set rocks, have such a cool ability as Intimidate and be a speed control in one slot. 11 speed buff allows it to outspeed Garchomp just to make it clear, which is quite cool as you can just pivot out with more ease (U-turn is helpful as well and I don't think I have to explain why). It's main competition is probably Landorus-T but it might be able to carve a niche with it's solid role compression and it might also run Taunt to pressure walls, which is quite huge as it can also act as some sort of "stallbreaker" to a lesser extent (it can still be an annoyance for fatter teams if well-played tho), so I honestly gotta admit this is definitely not a really bad sub ig lol.

:Goodra: It got what it needed, as even though it might not be straight OU, I'm quite sure it's got a cool niche as a powerful tank with access to reliable recovery, plus I also like that this sub doesn't really change it's typing (even tho I tried doing so before), as pure Dragon-Type is solid by itself and it really doesn't need a secondary typing at all (and it's probably better without one). Probably my favorite sub tbh (counting Krookodile), as it's quite solid offensively and defensively. Also, this is a good time to say that not all subs have to be meta staples, they can just be niche mons with solid concepts, and this is a perfect example of this (tho I expect this mon to be at least B/B- after the buffs).

:Charizard: YEAH BOI WEATHER BALL IN SUN GOES NUTSSSSS (not a bad sub by any means, but I actually feel like it lacks something, so something like Trick could've worked quite well in order to be actually useful when Sun's gone, and you're most likely tricking stuff like Slowbro or Slowking so there's a good chance that u get boots while you also cripple).

:Aurorus: Would've voted for it in a weaker slate, but tbh this sub just...feels lacking and I don't know how to explain it, like it might have a solid enough niche in OU, but I dunno, the concept feels kinda boring and uninteresting? It's definitely better than a bunch of subs there but I probably won't vote for it at all.

:Kangaskhan:I unironically like it's concept as an anti offense mon able to break through fatter teams without Corv, but it somehow doesn't still fully impress me? I think this is one of the subs that I wouldn't vote rn but I'd like to see in a weaker slate, as it's still damn good at beating offense and after reading G-Luke message, it convinced a lil bit more that this mon's legit.

:goodra: > :krookodile: =:kangaskhan: (leaning towards krook but that's personal bias lol) > :Charizard: = :aurorus:

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How we competing with Diggersby? That mon is slow as molasses (for an offensive mon) and frail as fickle. I also do not get the idea of not needing more Normal type breakers when none exist in OU. It definitely struggles with Corviknight but outside of that serves its role as a niche anti offense breaker quite fine. Scrappy Fake Out + Sucker Punch in a broken Ghost meta should not be overlooked!

good enough i think 102 speed is pretty neat and it makes a it a pretty solid rocker with a set of knock,eq,u-turn, stealth rocks which is pretty darn good as it can cripple pokemon and pivot out of there to a teammate with a good matchup. The +11 speed helps it get a jump on many pokemon such as mew, tying with garchomp, urshifu-r, thundy-t, darm, celebi, and more.

Makes it a more niche option on sun but still compets with slots on a sun team as heatran is also a good pokemon and they do not want to want to waste time removing hazards as charizard relies a lot at being at full hp to being a threat against offense which its dead weight against with rocks cutting into it

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 248 HP / 148 SpD Mew: 256-303 (63.5 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Aurorus Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 148 SpD Mew: 322-381 (79.9 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

after giving the calcs back a look it is a genuine 2hko monster 2hko'ing even threats such as lefties melm, doing a chunk to offensive heatran, and even 2hko'ing toxapex... it has nul defensive utility compared to volcanion but its very scary esp against bulky builds and

252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Aurorus Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 88-104 (27.2 - 32.1%) -- 75% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

yeah that is a lot of damage and that is a 4x resist.... it seems this will be very fucked vs offense and a pokemon that is amazing against balance teams that can get opportunities to enter via double defog and teleport which can help out the nul def utility it has. SOunds like a good pokemon

Bulky diggersby that has access to sucker punch and fake out which allows it to be good against offense but idk how good it is... iguess scrapppy makes it a good pokemon being able to paralyze pokemon trying to switch into eq. Sounds okish.... dont have much to say about it

Bulky analytic attacker... recover sounds nice and analytic makes it have powered draco's which hit really hard.. i mean they actulaly do ... sounds decent and also as a wall with recover

Ooh. Some very solid subs today if I do say so myself!
The Kangaskhan buff literally makes it a worse Diggersby, but it does have things going for it as it's faster, bulkier, and packs an inability to give a damn about ghosts. I don't really have much to say about this Pokemon. It's cool, I guess.
Charizard: Bruh. I like how it's faster and all, but that BST after all of the additional speed buffs feels like you're being a bit...Overly kind to charizard. Doesn't stop me from voting for it, though.
Krookodile: 103 speed sounds pretty good! It's able to outrun Mew, Garchomp, Therian Thundurus, Celebi, Etc. I can see this being a really good Utility mon, actually! It has similar bulk to Landorus, has a good chunk of Lando's utility, actually, and still has a solid defensive type.
Goodra: I'm really excited for this one as it's not just an actually decent Pokemon with analytic, but also a decent Pokemon that will usually run said ability.
Aurorus: Refrigerate AND Boomburst? Yes please.

good enough i think 102 speed is pretty neat and it makes a it a pretty solid rocker with a set of knock,eq,u-turn, stealth rocks which is pretty darn good as it can cripple pokemon and pivot out of there to a teammate with a good matchup. The +11 speed helps it get a jump on many pokemon such as mew, tying with garchomp, urshifu-r, thundy-t, darm, celebi, and more.

Makes it a more niche option on sun but still compets with slots on a sun team as heatran is also a good pokemon and they do not want to want to waste time removing hazards as charizard relies a lot at being at full hp to being a threat against offense which its dead weight against with rocks cutting into it

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 248 HP / 148 SpD Mew: 256-303 (63.5 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Aurorus Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 148 SpD Mew: 322-381 (79.9 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

after giving the calcs back a look it is a genuine 2hko monster 2hko'ing even threats such as lefties melm, doing a chunk to offensive heatran, and even 2hko'ing toxapex... it has nul defensive utility compared to volcanion but its very scary esp against bulky builds and

252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Aurorus Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 88-104 (27.2 - 32.1%) -- 75% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

yeah that is a lot of damage and that is a 4x resist.... it seems this will be very fucked vs offense and a pokemon that is amazing against balance teams that can get opportunities to enter via double defog and teleport which can help out the nul def utility it has. SOunds like a good pokemon

Bulky diggersby that has access to sucker punch and fake out which allows it to be good against offense but idk how good it is... iguess scrapppy makes it a good pokemon being able to paralyze pokemon trying to switch into eq. Sounds okish.... dont have much to say about it

Bulky analytic attacker... recover sounds nice and analytic makes it have powered draco's which hit really hard.. i mean they actulaly do ... sounds decent and also as a wall with recover
Um, Dude. Krookodile's base speed is 92. With 11+ in it's base speed (Giving it 103 speed), it can outrun Garchomp and not just speed tie it. Just thought I'd mention that.

Did you guys know to join the discord and awnser a form to get a resub slate... you should join the discord and do the form and put some form of copypasta since lavarina and ardy love them so much

After a bitter civil war (aka a brief conversation) with the council, we have decided that the prize for the ladder run will be the ability to guarantee any one sub makes it onto the next slate. So if you REALLY want your Shuckle + V Create sub to make it onto a slate, this your time to shine. Once again, sign ups for the ladder tour are on discord, hope to see more of you sign up!

After a bitter civil war (aka a brief conversation) with the council, we have decided that the prize for the ladder run will be the ability to guarantee any one sub makes it onto the next slate. So if you REALLY want your Shuckle + V Create sub to make it onto a slate, this your time to shine. Once again, sign ups for the ladder tour are on discord, hope to see more of you sign up!
omg geomancy sylveon real!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)