Pet Mod SS OU Theorymon (Completed)

Alright everyone!

dragalge: 14
keldeo: 9
frosmoth: 6
zydog: 2
tornadus: 1

With that, Dragalge and Keldeo (sorry beaf) will be added to the metagame!
Now for a new slate!

:ss/Vileplume: +Thick Fat (over Chlorophyll + Will-o-Wisp
:ss/Weezing-galar: + 15 HP +Moonlight
:ss/Mimikyu: + 14 Speed + Poltergeist
:ss/Heatmor: + Contrary
:ss/Torkoal: + Flip Turn

As always, 5 days of discussion! Have fun!

:Heatmor: Truth be told when i did this nom i forgot to buff it further which is a shame since adding +20 speed could have turn it to be very interesting, my bad y'all. Might explain further on another ocassion but im busy this week.

Anyways just vote for these two :weezing-galar: and :Torkoal:

Vileplume

Thick Fat is defo a big improvement, losing arguably its two biggest weaknesses. Don’t get Will-O-Wisp, and I honestly don’t think it would be a good burn spreader since Fire types check it well.

Weezing-G

More bulk and reliable recovery? Yes please. Leviate and Defog gives it a niche over Toxapex.

Mimikyu

Poltergeist is the physical Ghost move we’ve been waiting for since Gen 4, gutted it didn’t get this. The extra Speed is helpful too. Huge improvement.

Heatmor

Contrary is an awesome ability. But Heatmor still sucks. Slow, fragile, not that powerful…good Pokemon don’t have those traits

Torkoal

Um…why? Doesn’t make much sense flavour wise. Still a nice buff though, since it allows it to set sun and safely bring in a teammate.

At the moment I’d vote for Mimikyu and Torkoal.

:Vileplume: Seems pretty bad considering any team with heatran (which is a lot of teams) can easily abuse this mon to get free stall breaking and anyone who’s played against or used heatran knows how devastating giving it free turns is. It’s defensive typing isn’t even that good and I fail to imagine how it would be effective in ou.

From best to worse in my opinion

:ss/Mimikyu: + 14 Speed + Poltergeist

+14 speed means 110 right... it also means u spend less time clicking shadow sneak and instead click ur stabs more often instead of doing disappointing damage and SD loves it esp since it threatens blace, ada weavile, terrak, zarude, nihilego, garchomp, off zapdos, urshifu-r, victini, and maybe some more in that range. Poltergeist is such a huge upgrade comparing it to the pathetically weak shadow claw which means mimi can actually threaten a lot of pokemon out with its much stronger stab

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Poltergeist vs. 248 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 273-321 (68.4 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Poltergeist vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 298-351 (78 - 91.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Poltergeist vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 195-230 (64.1 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Poltergeist vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini: 250-294 (72.6 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Poltergeist vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 344-407 (89.1 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

:ss/Torkoal: + Flip Turn

Allows it to get the sun abusers much safer and get out of bad MU's easier such as garchomp, landorus-t, heatran, blace, and other bad sun MU's i suck at knowing off the top of my head but generally this helps it get them much safer in instead of wasting turns trying to get a pokemon to pivot them in or having them take damage that could hinder their potential to break through teams

:ss/Weezing-galar: + 15 HP +Moonlight

Sounds reasonable 80/120/70 bulk is not smth to laugh at and with levitate it has a good MU into many threats and with moonlight it now has access to a consistent recovery that doesnt fall flat. While moonlight is still 8PP it is much better than pain split which makes it very inconsistent as a wall.

:ss/Vileplume: +Thick Fat (over Chlorophyll + Will-o-Wisp

Still seems like a worse amoonguss... but tbh i see merrit in this a bit in that its a fat physical wall that can spread status but pretty much worse amoonguss since it gets threatens so easily by its mediocre bulk even then by psychic, flying, and fire types and cant exactly do much back to them unlike amoonguss who can spore them, who also has regen making it much better at dealing with threats late game. This tbh doesnt seem good

:ss/Heatmor: + Contrary

Low speed, low bulk, and doesnt threaten much such as

252+ Atk Heatmor Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 224-264 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Heatmor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 224-264 (58 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

and there are many better fire types to use such as heatran itself, blace, or victini which dont have massive issues of typing, bad bulk, bad speed, etc which also means teams can often use fire type counters or checks since many teams dont want to auto lose to blace, heatran, and victini which means many teams have ample counterplay such as av torn-t, heatran itself, sp. def lando-t, sp. def pex, volcanion, bulky chomp, dragonite, etc and i dont see this working esp with how dead weight it is vs any offensive team

I'm going to make this brief
Vileplume-Thick fat is nice probably still outclassed by the other defensive grasses Ferrothorn and Tangrowth respectively. Will-o-wisp on this is a free flash fire boost for heatran probably not that useful.
Weezing-g-I think this buff is what it needs. +15hp gives it decent increase in bulk and moonlight gives it some form of recovery outside of black sludge. This lets it check the Pokémon it checks more consistently, and it also has assess to a decent utility move pool.
Mimikyu-Gains a better speed tier and better stab than shadow claw overall pretty good buff.
Heatmor-Still bad its just heatmor with contrary. Still weak to rocks, Frail and has mediocre speed tier and its offensive stats aren't to good either.
Torkoal-Pretty simple buff allows torkoal to pivot in and enable its sun breakers after setting sun.

Potential votes: Torkoal and Weezing-g

:torkoal: A cool buff, can utilize its low speed to brign out venu or whatever sun abusers safely, also Idk why I'm making these calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Torkoal Flip Turn vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 148-176 (36.6 - 43.5%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Torkoal Flip Turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 140-166 (33.3 - 39.5%) -- 18% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
:heatmor: low speed... I think that's the reason why many contrary mons aren't used despite having a better offensive stats than serperior. But able to switch into a moonblast/mystical fire to get the spatk boost is amazing ngl. Its presence on the field threatens many defogger to not spamming defog(fun fact: bright powder isn't banned yet on dh ou theorymon).

:Vileplume: Good in a vacuum. Utterly outclassed by the big pile of pool noodles and a metal burr
:Mimikyu: Eh
:Weezing-Galar: Lord Weezington has gone to the ancient moonlight sages to learn of the power of healing. Now he shall magnificently carry the Union Jack to victory
:Heatmor: Just sounds like Heatran but bad
:Torkoal: Makes sun better I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)