OU SS OU Secret Santa 2023

NeonJolteonWasUsed Happy Holidays!

Importable: :ss/clefable: :ss/toxapex: :ss/gastrodon: :ss/aegislash: :ss/buzzwole: :ss/tornadus-therian:

I don't know about you, but the first team that comes to mind when I think of Aegislash in SS OU was the ABR semi-stall from DLC1. It was one of my favorite teams to use, and I was inspired to build a semi-stall team with Aegislash in the modern metagame. Shoutouts to cyberacc, the SS stall master, for helping me build this.

:ss/clefable:
Clefable has a lot of roles for this team; it is the hazard setter, knock absorber, status absorber, and cleric for the team. It also checks Dragapult.

:ss/toxapex:
Toxapex does Toxapex things on this team, scald, knock off, be a decent physical check, etc. Shed Shell is very important in order to not get trapped by Heatran.

:ss/gastrodon:
Gastrodon is our Electric-type check, Future Sight absorber, and acts as another Heatran answer. I decided to go with Storm Drain over Sticky Hold to do better into Water-type wallbreakers such as Urshifu-Rapid-Strike.

:ss/aegislash:
Aegislash serves as a soft-check to Tapu Lele, and can wallbreak with the combination of Toxic, and its strong Shadow Ball.

:ss/buzzwole:
Buzzwole is another physical check for the team, checking Pokémon such as Rillaboom, Kartana, Weavile. Against Ferrothorn teams, you may want to lead this Pokémon in order to deny hazards.

:ss/tornadus-therian:
Tornadus-Therian serves as another check to Rillaboom and Kartana, and it is also a win condition with Taunt and Nasty Plot.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-2016794338 - vs Shadow Ball Tapu Lele. I don't know how I won this matchup honestly.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-2016800587 - vs Shed Stall. With some good prediction (and hax), Aegislash can become a stallbreaker.

I hope you enjoy this team!
View attachment 582383
AGONY.

Lightniong Merry Christmas! Your request was for Blaziken with toxic support, and I present to you:
:blaziken: :rillaboom: :dragapult: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :tornadus-therian:(click the sprites for the paste!)

Starting off, I added Dragapult to take advantage of pokemon that would try to switch in and stop a blaziken win attempt, such as Slowbro . Next, I added Rillaboom to provide grassy terrain support to allow Blaziken to set up on weakened landorus-t and garchomp. Moving on to the more defensive part of the team, lando+tran is the band-aid solution to a dragapult switchin, with heatran providing great toxapex and anti-fat support, coupled with lando doing lando things (pivot to electric types, get up rocks, slow uturn (you are faster than crawdaunt)), and tornadus is a fantastic blanket switch in to a lot of threats, notably kartana.

I hope the whole chunk of text above made sense!

As a note, I believe the team should have a playable matchup into most teams, but rain especially will be a problem. I have no idea how to fix it, sorry.

Finally, I need to give a huge shoutout to Slowpoke Fan and pulsar512b for all the help with the team, this would not have been possible without you. Enjoy!

Merry Christmas Mada !!! I was your Secret Santa recipient and you asked for a team with Umbreon + Tangrowth!! And oh boy did I cook for you! Let me break down the team, then go over a few replays.

Umbreon:
Okay so I have never built a team with umbreon before, but I knew two things about it going into it: 1) It is a dark type which means I don't need to worry about being future sight or dragapult weak (besides u-turn) and 2) it is probably the best wish passer in the tier. So that's what I did, I built a specially defensive wish protect pokemon then rounded the moves with foul play so you have some attacking presence and heal bell as support and that's one of the required mons completed!

Tangrowth:
Maybe a month and a half ago I had an epiphany that leech seed is above and beyond the best move ever created (seriously it drains opponent's health and gives you 2 leftovers worth of recovery back??? That's a crazy move, what were they thinking???) and that if you combined it with a pokemon with regenerator you just have a pokemon that lives forever. However when I tried actually building with tangrowth I couldn't really get it to work, trying mostly eject button as a pivot in a pinch (SV inspired what could I say) and AV to try and muscle through the birds while still having that naturally high defense stat that could check like Urshifu. However, I wasn't having much luck and I ultimately dropped building around tangrowth until I was given this secret santa project. And, with all this background out of the way, just to say I knew going into it that leech seed, knock off, focus blast, sludge bomb is the best set for this pokemon. Leech seed gives you good healing and provides assurance to the pokemon that switches in after you can potentially take an extra hit or 2 in a pinch. Then knock of disturbs the opponent's item and cripples their counter to this mon (typically a bird or heatran). Finally the moveslot rounds out with focus miss to threaten opposing Kartana's and ferrothorns and sludge bomb helps against Rillaboom, clefable, and fini to hit them super efectively while also giving you an option to fish for poisons. Also, this build has a rocky helmet and is defensively oriented to check the likes of Urshifu, Kartana, and Rillaboom to keep them from steamrolling through the rest of the team.

Melmetal:
I'm so irrationally proud of this pokemon even though it's just your standard bulky choice band melmetal, but it was such a neat addition to the team. Basically while umbreon and tangrowth check opposing threats special defensively and defensively respectfully, this team really needed a good blanket fairy, ice, and flying check, so enter: Melmetal. Just the best, bulkiest pokemon in the tier and on top of that it hits like a god damned truck. Currently I'm running Double Iron Bash, Super power, Ice Punch, and Earthquake, but you really only need Double Iron Bash to nuke through most teams. Typically, I'm a band Melmetal hater and would run specially defensive toxic 9 times out of 10, but this is the rare case where band is by far the best option, and that's thanks entirely because of umbreon and tangrowth. The ability to just shrug off rocky helmet, hazard chip, and status effects allows this mon to just come alive at any point in the game and kill anything on the field, and go "Oh no! My Melmetal took too much chip damage; anyway," while healing half of it's health thanks to the aforementioned wish, leech seed, and heal bell. It's just a beast of a pokemon on this team and will carry you to so many wins.

Volcarona:
This pokemon was the last addition to the team for me, mostly because I have never built a team with Volcarona before. It always felt too weak and frail when I needed it to be defensive and never powerful fast enough on my offensive builds, but here it fits quite nicely. I'm running the standard defensive Volc evs, but this time with 3 attacks Quiver Dance. Quiver Dance adds some much needed bulk and speed to this otherwise pretty slow team and I just prefer running 3 attacks on this mon, though feel free to change the moves on this mon. I just like that fiery dance increases special attacking power and that giga drain threatens the quagsires/gastrodons of the tier. And then Bug Buzz to hit opposing dark and psychic types, notably tyranitar and the slows in a pinch, though I could see a move like Psychic really helping to beat annoying toxapex'es and Urshifu's.

Garchomp:
Just your standard bulky fast chomp with rocks and toxic. I've been rocking fire blast to help versus ferrothorn's and kartana's though I'm sure something like scale shot or protect would also work here. Basically all this mon's job is to set rocks, have you not lose to heatran, and punish u-turn spammers with rough skin rocky helmet. This pokemon also greatly appreciates wish passes and is often a status absorber and yeah standard bulky chomp you've probably seen 2 million of these. Oh! Last thing of note, this is the only pokemon on the team that outruns Nidoking without a boost, so just be careful and try to keep it healthy in that match-up.

Zapdos:
Rounding out the team is Zapdos. Defogger, punishes u-turners with static, spams discharge, eats hits, this pokemon is a zapdos. It does everything and more and will provide enough support and utility to win games. There's nothing special about this mon, just provides a ground immunity and clicks buttons.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-2017253134-khx6xydc08dn17zoxbz44hsnz49ag8kpw vs a customer avatar person (Sorry idk who you are)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-2017261264-9txplv1snffjtojprxknbygnkkrmrx2pw vs the Eeveeto Secret Santa team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-2017270144-6etajp8x8ta3qndlfaza314ekpojbwbpw My match to enter the top 100 on the ladder
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-2017987518-3m5kii12i3g0cxvb51prj7t31beig2opw vs Rain
(I'm realizing now that I didn't save my win vs a traditional HO team, but it beats them, I promise.)
And proof of rank (and my all time peak on the SWSH ladder. Too scared to climb higher sorry):
1703367009941.png

**EDIT** After posting this I got over my fear because I didn't care any more and I hit top 25 (see below), but then got over-confident, loaded up 2 more and lost them both. Will likely stay peaked here. Cheers and love <3
1703372985525.png

Special thanks to pulsar512b and Slowpoke Fan for the help! Oh and thanks to all my opponents for letting me farm them to reach this rank!!! Hope you enjoy the team and feel free to make any adjustments you feel neccissary! Again I have never built around an umbreon tangrowth core before and you know your own play style better than I ever could. Ultimately it's your team, so best of luck using it and Happy Holidays!!! <3 <3

Last edited:
Happy Holidays Exotic64, here is a Volcarona BO/Balance team for you!

:Volcarona::Tapu Fini::Clefable::Toxapex::Landorus-Therian::Tornadus-Therian:

Volcarona
The main Pokemon built around. I had to accept that Volcarona will never excel in isolation in a Heatran matchup, and opted to go for an offensive, Swarm, 3 attacks Volcarona to get as much breaking power as possible. Heavy Duty Boots provides more longevity & gives you more chances to position yourself how you want. Just know that Urshifu can easily revenge-kill you with Aqua Jet, and that's when your teammates come into play.

Swarm is a great way to break through extra fat Pokemon like Gastrodon & bulky Garchomp. Fire Blast cooks most things.

Use Passho over Heavy Duty Boots if you are Him.

Tapu Fini
A great partner to Volcarona. Solid answer to Heatran and is a decent secondary blanket check to various threats like Blaziken, Urshifu, Weavile, Dragapult etc.. Misty Terrain is a great way to safeguard Volcarona against status conditions. Whirlpool+Nature's Madness+Taunt are effective ways to prevent hazards/status, break the likes of Ferrothorn, Blissey, Toxapex & greedy Heatran's or otherwise force progress.

Clefable
Just a menace in general. Blanket physical check, tank status conditions, remove items, paralyze possible problems and punish Trick/U-turn/physical moves.

Toxapex
A great mixed build that provides great pivot utility in Eject Button (e.g vs Heatran or Dragapult). The added bonus is that, once the Eject Button is consumed, you will also comfortably answer Weavile despite being mainly SpD-invested. The speed is to creep Melmetal and some Reuniclus. A tip is to trigger Eject Button early if you see a strong Knock Off user like Crawdaunt or Weavile, if you don't want to waste health on Tapu Fini.

Landorus-Therian
A slighty more offensive but still bulky Landorus. The EVs can very likely be optimized as I haven't thought too much about it, but the speed is to outspeed things like SpD Garchomp & modest Volcanion. It's main purpose is to be a ground immunity, electric immunity and Defogger. Defog in particular is very useful as this team appreciates rocks off the field.

Tornadus-Therian
An offensive Tornadus-Therian with Salac Berry to flip the script versus scarfers or Dragapult. Taunt is great into stall or fatter teams. +2 Hurricane OHKOs opposing Tornadus, +2 Focus Blast OHKOs Melmetal, chunks SpD Heatran, OHKOs Tyranitar, OHKOs Tapu Lele. You just have to hit the moves :)

Problem Areas
  • Zapdos/Tapu Koko: These are difficult for the team to wear down outside of using +1 Volcarona, but not impossible to play around.
  • Trick room: I think the main plan is to survive long enough for Toxapex to Knock Off sit on everything, but it is a tough matchup.
  • Hail: Arctozolt in particular is problematic. Try to get the Sticky Barb onto it, or in general wear it down. Alternatively, make Volcarona Timid to outspeed Arctozolt at +1. Last ditch effort is to try to trigger Salac with Tornadus and pray?
Possible Build Alternatives
  • Mixed Ferrothorn > Clefable, this improves the Hail/Electric matchups and is probably all around more consistent. I don't have too much time to test this unfortunately but I believe it is a solid improvement to the team. Using Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn also synergizes better with Knock Off, especially into Zapdos.
Replays:
Thanks to pulsar512b for giving advice on what type of team structures could work when building Volcarona :) (and thanks for convincing me to stop obsessing over Passho Berry hehe)

Last edited:

anique

</3
is a Tiering Contributor
Slowpoke Fan Hey, I built the scarf bro team you requested. To be completely honest I didn’t rlly see the point in scarf bro due to how splashable knock is in this tier but I decided to challenge myself by not fitting knock in the team
https://pokepast.es/bc6a5335e086b39f
:buzzwole: :hippowdon: :clefable: :slowbro: :tornadus-therian::melmetal:
I built this balance around scarf bro + idef melm and cm flame clef, main point was to lure pex with trick scarf for the clef n melm. Toxic torn is a nice tech vs stuff like zap
Happy Christmas.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Beleth !
I have finished the Wailord Team you have requested.
:Pelipper: :Barraskewda: :Wailord: :Thundurus-Therian: :Zapdos: :Ferrothorn:
(Click on Sprites for the Paste)
So you're just gonna have to hear me out on this one, but Choice Specs Water Spout Wailord actually has some decent calcs and I thought it would be really funny to take a completely different direction than the usual Pressure Stall sets.
If you can tell by the nicknames I had way too much fun goofing around with this.
I still stand by Thundurus Therian being the superior Electric immunity on Rain as opposed to Seismitoad, but other than that it is decently standard, and thanks to how strong Specs Spout Wailord is it can also match up decently into more Balanced/Bulkier teams.
Have fun!

Oi Sahki Here's the team with Slowking you asked for :
https://pokepast.es/ceacb60cf2b48bd3
:Landorus-Therian: :Blacephalon: :Toxapex: :Weavile: :Slowking: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:

Initially i was going for the balance but thought this was more fun and powerful, i was going to use this team for week 2 of PTPL but switched last minute, the idea of double eject came from mind gaming, with this kind of team you basically want to create holes in the opposition's defensive structure very early in the game by gaining momentum with your ejects and hitting hard with Blacephalon and Weavile and play around your regen core late game, only change i would maybe apply to this team would be to put Rocks on Landorus otherwise the team is good, fun to play with and approved by the streets, hope you like it.

Hi cyberacc! I've built you a team around Starmie. Here's what it looks like:

:ss/starmie: To start off, I was thinking about your requested mon and how it could possibly justify seeing any use in the SS OU metagame. I initially thought Rapid Spin + Teleport could be a useful niche for it, but its terrible bulk makes it prone to both neutral and supereffective attacks (with an important one being getting 2HKO'ed by Shifu's U-Turn) and means it has barely any freedom to fulfill this role. Enter offensive Starmie. With a Life Orb, perfect coverage and STAB Hydro Pumps boosted by Analytic, this mon can hit pretty damn hard. The listed Speed EVs ensure you outrun the vast majority of Tornadus-Therian. The remainders are dumped into HP.
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

:ss/heatran: Next up is this big guy. The second I had this Starmie set in my teambuilder, I knew I wanted to pair it with Heatran carrying Toxic. This way, the few bulky Water types that can usually switch into Starmie comfortably, like Gastrodon and Rotom-Wash, get crippled and become not-so-comfortable switchins to Starmie. The stronger Fire STAB in Magma Storm is chosen here over Lava Plume, as the much higher immediate power output supports the offensive nature of the team. Taunt is chosen alongside this so Heatran can trap and take out Calm Mind Clefable, which would otherwise be problematic for this team. The given Speed EVs let Heatran outspeed most defensive Landorus-Therian and bulky Rillaboom. Finally, it holds an Air Balloon so the team has an improved matchup vs opposing Heatran.
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Taunt

:ss/landorus-therian: Another big boi. Difference is this big boi booms. This one is pretty simple: Normal Gem Landorus-Therian sets up Stealth Rock, lures in opposing Lando-T and booms in their faces, preventing them from clicking Defog. This plays a major part in keeping up the hazard stack the team lays down and further supports the aggressive, offensive style of the squad. Aside from it being max speed to cover all opposing Lando-T, the rest of the set is standard.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Explosion

:ss/tornadus-therian: Here we have our second Flying type for a much-appreciated real Fighting resist. Tornadus-Therian keeps up the momentum of the team, adds in another form of speed control and helps out against Urshifu-Rapid-Strike. Eject Button allows you to freely get in one of your breakers and Knock Off is useful utility for keeping things like Tapu Lele in check. The listed Speed EVs are just enough to get ahead of Adamant Weavile, while making it slower than most other Torn-T's to get the slower U-Turn and keep up momentum.
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Knock Off
- U-turn

:ss/ferrothorn: Next up we got Ferrothorn. This mon gives the team a solid Water resist, a convenient secondary steel for the Tapu Lele matchup and provides this offense some much-appreciated utility. Spikes are here to complete the hazard stack. Body Press gives Ferrothorn a way of hitting incoming Heatran, Weavile and Melmetal, whereas Thunder Wave can be used to slow down things like Tornadus-Therian for Starmie. Power Whip is chosen as the last move so Ferro can not only switch into Water types, but actually threaten them too. On a final note regarding moves, Knock Off can be forgone since you tend to boom on their defogger (and those are the mons you'd usually want to knock). 44 Sp.Def means Ferrothorn always avoids the 2HKO from Timid Specs Dragapult's Shadow Ball after Stealth Rock damage. 12 Speed EVs ensure it outruns uninvested Clefable once they are paralyzed.
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 44 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

:ss/weavile: Last but not least, we arrive at the second breaker in the team. I do not vibe much with Boots SD Weavile and I think you can afford to run another item here, so I went with an AoA set with Weavile running Life Orb! Given the only real Flying resist on this team is Heatran, it is crucial for Weavile to run a Jolly nature. This way it outspeeds all Torn-T variants, including max Speed NP Torn. The moves here are mostly standard, except for the choice to run Low Kick over Swords Dance. Low Kick not only provides Weav with an opportunity to severely damage Heatran (and kill it after 20% chip), it could also land you a surprise KO on Tyranitar after Life Orb has been revealed and your opponent expects you to run STAB + SD. Just like with Starmie, I've chosen for Life Orb over a choice item, as it gives you more freedom when clicking moves and tends to give your opponent the momentum after a kill in less situations.
Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
The final team: :ss/starmie: :ss/heatran: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tornadus-therian: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/weavile:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some other options you could consider running on this team:

Starmie could opt for a Choice Specs set to give it even more immediate power. This set would replace Recover with Trick. On something offensive like this, I personally like not being stuck onto a move after killing something though. Taking Life Orb recoil when clicking Rapid Spin seems unideal to me, but you could definitely try out using it over Recover along with another option on Torn-T listed below.

You could run 168 Speed on Landorus-Therian, with the remaining EVs dumped into HP. Rillaboom is rarely Jolly max Speed and opposing max Speed Lando-T's are also uncommon, outside of that one Victini/Clef/Dnite/Koko/Lando offense. However, keep in mind it should at least be Jolly in order to ensure it hits Buzzwole and Dragonite before they click Ice Punch.

Toxic over Defog on Torn-T is an option to improve the Zapdos matchup. In this case you could try out using Rapid Spin on Starmie, or even go without any removal at all and experiment with different variants of Boots Weavile. Rocky Helmet on Tornadus-Therian could be run to cover Shifu better. Although the above matchups should be doable with the current team already, you could certainly give these changes a try and see how they play out for the team!

Alternative version with implemented other options that might be worth trying out: Secret Santa: LO 3 atks Starmie - AoA Weav offense v2 (pokepast.es)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutouts to Ruft for bouncing off ideas with me throughout the building process!

Happy new year and I hope you're happy with the team :)

PS Ferro is supposed to run 16 Speed to outrun opposing Ferrothorn. Also, I heard you submitted Mandibuzz as a backup, so I made you a quick bonus team featuring both Starmie and Mandibuzz::starmie: :heatran: :zeraora: :mandibuzz: :ferrothorn: :tapu fini:

Last edited:

cyberacc

formerly Suckingmoreducks
Hi cyberacc! I've built you a team around Starmie. Here's what it looks like:

:ss/starmie: To start off, I was thinking about your requested mon and how it could possibly justify seeing any use in the SS OU metagame. I initially thought Rapid Spin + Teleport could be a useful niche for it, but its terrible bulk makes it prone to both neutral and supereffective attacks (with an important one being getting 2HKO'ed by Shifu's U-Turn) and means it has barely any freedom to fulfill this role. Enter offensive Starmie. With a Life Orb, perfect coverage and STAB Hydro Pumps boosted by Analytic, this mon can hit pretty damn hard. The listed Speed EVs ensure you outrun the vast majority of Tornadus-Therian. The remainders are dumped into HP.
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

:ss/heatran: Next up is this big guy. The second I had this Starmie set in my teambuilder, I knew I wanted to pair it with Heatran carrying Toxic. This way, the few bulky Water types that can usually switch into Starmie comfortably, like Gastrodon and Rotom-Wash, get crippled and become not-so-comfortable switchins to Starmie. The stronger Fire STAB in Magma Storm is chosen here over Lava Plume, as the much higher immediate power output supports the offensive nature of the team. Taunt is chosen alongside this so Heatran can trap and take out Calm Mind Clefable, which would otherwise be problematic for this team. The given Speed EVs let Heatran outspeed most defensive Landorus-Therian and bulky Rillaboom. Finally, it holds an Air Balloon so the team has an improved matchup vs opposing Heatran.
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Taunt

:ss/landorus-therian: Another big boi. Difference is this big boi booms. This one is pretty simple: Normal Gem Landorus-Therian sets up Stealth Rock, lures in opposing Lando-T and booms in their faces, preventing them from clicking Defog. This plays a major part in keeping up the hazard stack the team lays down and further supports the aggressive, offensive style of the squad. Aside from it being max speed to cover all opposing Lando-T, the rest of the set is standard.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Explosion

:ss/tornadus-therian: Here we have our second Flying type for a much-appreciated real Fighting resist. Tornadus-Therian keeps up the momentum of the team, adds in another form of speed control and helps out against Urshifu-Rapid-Strike. Eject Button allows you to freely get in one of your breakers and Knock Off is useful utility for keeping things like Tapu Lele in check. The listed Speed EVs are just enough to get ahead of Adamant Weavile, while making it slower than most other Torn-T's to get the slower U-Turn and keep up momentum.
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Knock Off
- U-turn

:ss/ferrothorn: Next up we got Ferrothorn. This mon gives the team with a solid Water resist, a convenient secondary steel for the Tapu Lele matchup and provides this offense some much-appreciated utility. Spikes are here to complete the hazard stack. Body Press gives Ferrothorn a way of hitting incoming Heatran, Weavile and Melmetal, whereas Thunder Wave can be used to slow down things like Tornadus-Therian for Starmie. Power Whip is chosen as the last move so Ferro can not only switch into Water types, but actually threaten them too. On a final note regarding moves, Knock Off can be forgone since you tend to boom on their defogger (and those are the mons you'd usually want to knock). 44 Sp.Def means Ferrothorn always avoids the 2HKO from Timid Specs Dragapult's Shadow Ball after Stealth Rock damage. 12 Speed EVs ensure it outruns uninvested Clefable once they are paralyzed.
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 44 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

:ss/weavile: Last but not least, we arrive at the second breaker in the team. I do not vibe much with Boots SD Weavile and I think you can afford to run another item here, so I went with an AoA set with Weavile running Life Orb! Given the only real Flying resist on this team is Heatran, it is crucial for Weavile to run a Jolly nature. This way it outspeeds all Torn-T variants, including max Speed NP Torn. The moves here are mostly standard, except for the choice to run Low Kick over Swords Dance. Low Kick not only provides Weav with an opportunity to severely damage Heatran (and kill it after 20% chip), it could also land you a surprise KO on Tyranitar after Life Orb has been revealed and your opponent expects you to run STAB + SD. Just like with Starmie, I've chosen for Life Orb over a choice item, as it gives you more freedom when clicking moves and tends to give your opponent the momentum after a kill in less situations.
Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
The final team: :ss/starmie: :ss/heatran: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tornadus-therian: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/weavile:

Here are some other options you could consider running on this team:

Starmie could opt for a Choice Specs set to give it even more immediate power. This set would replace Recover with Trick. On something offensive like this, I personally like not being stuck onto a move after killing something though. Taking Life Orb recoil when clicking Rapid Spin seems unideal to me, but you could definitely try out using it over Recover along with another option on Torn-T listed below.

You could run 168 Speed on Landorus-Therian, with the remaining EVs dumped into HP. Rillaboom is rarely Jolly max Speed and opposing max Speed Lando-T's are also uncommon, outside of that one Victini/Clef/Dnite/Koko/Lando offense. However, keep in mind it should at least be Jolly in order to ensure it hits Buzzwole and Dragonite before they click Ice Punch.

Toxic over Defog on Torn-T is an option to improve the Zapdos matchup. In this case you could try out using Rapid Spin on Starmie, or even go without any removal at all and experiment with different variants of Boots Weavile. Rocky Helmet on Tornadus-Therian could be run to cover Shifu better. Although the above matchups should be doable with the current team already, you could certainly give these changes a try and see how they play out for the team!

Alternative version with implemented suggestions that might be worth trying out: Secret Santa: LO 3 atks Starmie - AoA Weav offense v2 (pokepast.es)

Shoutouts to Ruft for bouncing off ideas with me throughout the building process!

Happy new year and I hope you're happy with the team :)

PS Ferro is supposed to run 16 Speed to outrun opposing Ferrothorn. Also, I heard you submitted Mandibuzz as a backup, so I made you a quick bonus team featuring both Starmie and Mandibuzz::starmie: :heatran: :zeraora: :mandibuzz: :ferrothorn: :tapu fini:
Thank you so much! I really like the utilization and creativity you used with this team; My general use for Starmie came around from its' niche as a rapid spinner that pretty solidly beats Heatran on Stall/Semis from the user Back2Wrk during Kyurem meta and thought it could be an interesting choice to build with.

I'll use both of these teams and appreciate the effort you put into this, the logic is very sound for these builds and I like it a lot.

Hi s7a I like you but I hated building on your request :puff: Still I found it really fun, and I came up with something I find reliable enough

:ss/buzzwole: :ss/dragonite: :ss/slowking-galar: :ss/weavile: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/landorus-therian:
:ss/buzzwole: First star of this build, we have Scarf Buzzwole. Didn't try that set that much during current gen, but I admit it brings an interesting speed control in this team. CC EQ Ice Punch are mandatory to me, and I opted for Roost to provide some survability, helpful on the long run.

:ss/dragonite: Defensive dragonite is an interesting set. Usually DD defensive Dnite runs Ice punch, but I opted for Dual Wingbeat here. Having a midground vs Rillaboom, Buzzwole and Balloon Blaziken on one slot is really interesting. Rest of the set is pretty classic, EQ + Dualwingbeat has a good enough coverage, and Roost helps checking and pressuring Heatran in this team (please do something :heatran: is broken).

:ss/slowking-galar: Here is when this build began to be challenging to me. I knew with Scarf Buzzwole + defensive Dnite, I'd be fine vs offense but stall can be a hard matchup. I decided to give a try to Nasty Plot Glowking :pika: Speed investments allows you to speed creep fast Melmetal, and Speatk investments allows you to get the kill on Melmetal with some chip damages (+2 136+ SpA Slowking-Galar Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 244 SpD Melmetal: 362-428 (88 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO). To me Np Glowking doesn't need slack off, as long as you keep your boots and play aggressively enough with some double switches you can keep Glowking full for the whole game. Psyshock is our main stab, flamethrower + scald allow to threaten steels (and fishing for burns is always nice).

:ss/weavile: I needed some speed control, a koff user, a taxi, a mcdonalds manager so I opted for Weavile :regiF: With Buzzwole as another speed control option, I decided to go for Adamant Weavile. Damage output is so significative, and outside of being slower than Tornadus, you don't really lose a wide range of Pokémon that you need to pressure. Set is pretty standard, Triple Axel + Koff being his best options.

:ss/ferrothorn: Steel types are mandatory, and I needed something that could provide some progress with support options. Ferro came to me, as a steel that can punish physical threats like Melmetal, Weavile or even Kartana. Koff + spikes provide utility to our team, denying items and assuring to progress on the long run. Ferro also gives an insurance vs Tapu Koko, especially with a ground that I added at the end.

:ss/landorus-therian: There I needed a ground, a husband and a private jet, so I opted for Landorus :psyglad: for that set, I opted for toxic instead of koff. Pokemon able to check Dnite and Buzzwole are usually really weak to toxic, and being able to cripple them is really interesting. A toxiced Zapdos or Landorus allows to not run Ice Punch on Dnite or Stone Edge on Buzzwole.

Ty Slowpoke Fan and pulsar512b for double checking that team! Was really fun trying that challenge:sphearical:

Happy new year and hope you'll enjoy that team!

papamayo.jpg

Last edited:

s7a

they’re just folds in her dress
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi Carkoala this was extremely difficult for me too! Your request was Victini + Volcanion. I could have used the Victini HDB Breaker set, just as I could have used the Volcanion HDB Breaker set. I used neither ^^

The team is about Specs Volcanion and Scarf Victini. Is it good? Hard to tell, I’ve won with it but the level of reliability is not extremely high nonetheless in my eyes.

But let’s immediately dive into this team: https://pokepast.es/7abf8e4c797e3284

:volcanion: :victini: :garchomp: :mandibuzz: :ferrothorn: :tapu_lele:

:volcanion:

The first star of the team. Choice Specs Steam Eruption and Fire Blast do wreak havoc on half the tier, and Sludge Wave deals with Tapu Fini switching in rather well. Certainly better than what Earth Power does to Pex, anyway.

:victini:

Scarf Victini, the average set mostly played in SM. Here it can lure Landorus-T which otherwise is kinda bad to the rest of the team sweeping, but mostly lures Heatran for Tapu Lele to sweep. It offers nice speed control as well, which is perfect due to the rest of my team being hella slow.

:garchomp:

Scale Shot Chomp. Due to having two Fire types and a Landorus lure on the team, I assumed I’d be fine forgoing Fire Fang or Aqua Tail in favour of Stealth Rock on the SD set, which can work pretty well paired with Ferrothorn’s Spikes and Specs Volcanion to break bulkier cores.

:mandibuzz:

I have been told that if Mandibuzz is on my SS team something is wrong. I do not believe something so radical and, to be fair, Dragapult but most importantly Blacephalon are completely hell otherwise. This also works decently vs offensive grasses such as Rillaboom or Kartana although I couldn’t fit Foul Play on it.

:ferrothorn:

Full physdef Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn with Gyro Ball + Body Press, since I need these two moves to 1) actually threaten Clefable in some meaningful capacity 2) defeat sand and have a better MU vs Tran. Leech Seed to avoid being completely recovery-less and Spikes which work well all the time.

:tapu_lele:

Twisted Spoon Lele with a Modest nature to bluff Specs while using Psychic, enough speed for Timid Heatran (can be more for Rillaboom ngl). Really strong mon, I find it works very well along with Victini as my team has issues with priority anyway.

Hope you like the team :)
Have a great year

Hey AKArien I was your secret santa this year for your Expanding Force Alakazam + Tapu Lele request.
This is the team I came up with: https://pokepast.es/1a81d71c4070b60c
It's nothing crazy but it should be solid enough as I did greatly in ladder while testing it. I will shortly explain everyone roles though.

:alakazam: The requested mon, the set isn't nothing crazy if not that maybe Counter is more popular, but I didn't really like it as I think it mainly hits Scarf Urshifu going for U-turn which I can punish in other ways, and avoidiing missing Focus Blast i guess, but Knock Off can situationally be helpful to wear down mons like Glowking and Melm, allowing to 2hko max spdef AV glowking after rocks and knock off in terrain. Thunder Wave cause paras are always broken.

:tapu-lele: Chose for a Choice Scarf set despite me loving Specs Lele, as I felt Zam already helped spamming Expanding Force.

:landorus-therian: Overall known to be a very solid mon the tier, just our setter and one of the pivots for Zam.

:corviknight: As physical wall I chose Corviknight with RH as it can easily punish u-turns from mons like Urshifu and Landorus, or it can punish Steels such as Kartana and Melmetal + most of the times it can easily switch in against Weavile and Tyranitar. It also gets Defog and can pivot into Alakazam.

:toxapex: Pex completes our defensive backbone providing a great Special wall which is able to pivot one time thanks to the EButton. Using Ebutton can also be cool to help check Corvi SD Weavile as Knock Off won't hit as hard, and overall pex is a very solid mon being able to check threats such as Blacephalon, Volcarona and Dragapult.

:weavile: To add some offensive presence I added Weavile as it still is a Ghost Resist and Knock Off can help Akazam weakening some threats, whereas overall Weavile is a very strong mon. Using it with Lele is not always the best idea but I never really had problems.

I hope you enjoy the team and I wish a happy new year!

Happy Holidays skippergamez https://pokepast.es/17c18859c8e7f7af
You asked me for a team with bleziken I thought of combining it with primarina who controls watershifu (the set was from the team built by eeveeto which I liked and wanted to propose it again)Since bleziken doesn't really like sr I wanted to put two defogs which help with his weakness to the ground type after landorus and zapodos at this point I needed two breakers And I chose specs pult and scarf kartana And I chose specs pult and scarf kartana

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
with the original deadline approaching (in 8 hours!) gonna ping the people who have yet to submit. please submit ASAP
TPH skippergamez Bored Pikachu AKArien Gamer1234556 eliana. Exotic64 RTM shadowtime2000
hopefully you've already built and are currently trying to test/refine, but if you haven't built at all at least try to get something good sent in. it's not a huge deal if it's a bit late.

reach out to me if you want teambuilding help

otherwise, if people would like to volunteer to build another team for the players who haven't received one in case their assigned builder goes MIA please reach out to me either in DMs here or on discord (pulsiethedulsie as always)

I kinda forgot to write up a post for this but here you go eliana. Sorry that I didn't include diggersby. https://pokepast.es/cd42fa67869d042b

I decided on scarf over specs xurkitree because I felt like specs volt didn't do enough to justify being forced to run another speed control. Scarf xurkitree cooks offense the same anyway. Timid outspeeds pult.

Koko is madness in order to try and chip down Ferro and Lando since they are both kinda annoying to deal with. You can probably drop some spa for bulk in order to help pivot around different things since it fills more of a supporting role, maybe some hp and/or defense for weavile and pads ursh.

I think I originally stole the idea of slowking + a shitton of electrics from tofa, so shoutouts to them, but its kinda cool considering that they are annoying to get onto the field unless its tapu koko. Eject Button gives you more leeway to pivot around a banded ursh or specs pult early game as well as a way to turn the tables on landorus that clicked u-turn. Flame is here to lure Ferro.

Lando does Lando things. I prefer to have a defogger but you can probably get away with rocks.

Weavile gives another pult answer as well as a way of actually scaring out landorus. Since the team is kinda weak to weavile and modest pult, it's jolly to at least tie.

Kartana is some crackhead filler set that actually helps a lot with this team. Since you can scout the item of ursh you can use this to check that if banded as well as weavile melmetal and opposing locked kartana. It also acts as a check to non twave clef, non scald pex, and can come in on lando u-turns.

realaccountami?
https://pokepast.es/fa83994b1a90d58c

This team is pretty standard from a building standpoint, I tried to build a team which would highlight the strengths of subhex pult. I knew I wanted to run clefable as well, as it deals well with darks, dragons and fairies that pult doesn't like. I opted for no rocks on clefable, as twaving opponents is more helpful to subhex pult. I then added rillaboom, as it providing grassy terrain not only provides dragapult and the rest of the team more healing, it removes misty terrain, allowing for more status to be clicked. Its set just gives it longevity, I didn't feel it needed to be too fast because of all of the para being spread. I then added heatran for a few reasons; its a much needed switch-in to attackers like weavile, it benefits from grassy terrain and provides the team with stealth rock support. The spread is slider EVs besides from speed which lets it outspeed max base 60s which honestly isn't necessary at all. Urshifu rapid helps provide pult with most of its opportunities due to its access to u-turn, along with good offensive synergy, allowing pult to capitalise on urshifus switch-ins. Torn-t provides fast pivoting and another knock user, as well as defog, which is notably helpful vs spikestack teams.

I left writeup till last minute as u can probably tell so hmu if u need anything else explained, enjoy the team!

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
anique Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! You've requested Bulky CM Lele so here's a team I've made for you:
https://pokepast.es/a13ca5e0002cc8fd

I've decided to run a bulky CM Lele utilising a Psychic Seed and high HP EVs to comfortably live a specs shadow ball from pult as well as specs zone comfortably; pretty much every special attacker in the tier kek. Made as a late-game wincon alongside Zeraora, CM dkiss psyshock tbolt lets you muscle a great majority of the tier thanks to great healing and stab psyshock and dkiss allowing you to win versus the likes of blissey and Corv, with Focus Blast being great to clean off steels such as Heatran, Melm and Ferro, which all synergise well with Zeraora. As said previously, we are aiming to have a comfortable Zeraora Lele endgame with this team, so I've decided that a specs pelipper would be great to help break the fatter cores and ground types zera may struggle against, most particular lando-t, and apply further pressure with specs pult, which pivots and hits pretty much everyone hard. Finally, I have rounded out the team with a SpDef lando-t making dealing with other specs pults, kokos etc. much more managable and pivoting and providing great defog support, as well as Ferrothorn which tanks many mons that threaten Lele such as opposing Ferro and Melmetal and healing back with leech whilst chipping them down, with the additional bonus of getting hazards up to further support the two wincons. Hope you enjoy!

Hey there, sorry tofa, i'm a bit late, and not only is the Santa late, they also put coal in your socks instead of presents. But hey, this coal is at least shaped in the way of a non-HO moltres-galar team.

https://pokepast.es/298c61aa46da4d38

1704289803367.png

Melmetal being the best OU pokemon yet again. The standard protect-leftovers set does everything you would want it to, including repairing the coffee machine.

1704289901528.png

Okay, i know, i know, not running earth power might come back to hit me in the knees, but protect is just so nice, especially with Rillaboom. Someone more reasonable than me might very well ditch my poor dopamine-seeking decisions though. Regardless, Heatran's surgical removal of walls is nice, the chip damage it leaves is nice, it's indestrictibility is nice, the fairy switch-in is nice. Also, i'm still not sure why people switch their blisseys&friends into this thing, but as long as they keep doing that, moltres isn't complaining.

1704290156042.png

CBoom hits hard, has a ridiculously powerful priority, helps melmetal and heatran last, has the obligatory 2 good moves of knock off and u-turn, in short : it's great as ever.

1704290424383.png

To quote Reverend : "zapdos is pretty solid". Getting rid of rocks without falling into passivity, dishing paralysis for an otherwise rather slow team, checking everything... the zapdos experience.

1704290793333.png

At first it was spDef chomp, and as much as you and i wish this team could have a 3rd wall without recovery and that loves to click toxic, i thought i would get fancy and have a good old ChainChomp the dopamine bringer. The chunks it takes off of anything can be the opportunity Moltres needs and the pressure to get up and keep the rocks. Tabu Buloom's terrain also helps offset the life orb, although you do have to be careful with your own earthquakes.
1704289667276.png

This bad boy may lack their cousin's fire powers, but that doesn't prevent me from burning the kitchen. Substitute's all-grasping hegemony here is extended by Berserk and the Salac berry, with a single speed boost being -usually- enough in the late game scenarios for this set. Air slash because if you want to miss a hurricane, you already have zapdos, and nasty plot as the normal boosting move. The reason i didn't go for a more standard set is because this team needed more ensured value as it's usual all-or-nothing setup sweeping.

So yup, that's the team ! I hope you enjoy it.
Happy new year 2034 !

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)