Project SS NU Team Building Competition (Quagsire)

Katy

Banned deucer.
Triple Choice Power feat. Shadow Ball Rotom-Cut

:golisopod: :rotom-mow: :flygon: :bronzong: :drapion: :mienshao:
Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Knock Off

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Iron Head

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Mienshao @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Blaze Kick
- Poison Jab
description: let me explain the team in a following manner; it aims to pur alot of pressure on opposing teams with 3 lures hiding in that team, but lets dive in into the deeper explanation: golisopod is the pokemon with a priority move in first impression, liquidation is its water stab and leech life is to gain hp back. rotom-mow is the choice specs user and has leaf storm, thunderbolt and volt switch as its stab, due to decidueye dhelmise rising a little in popularity shadow ball specs-boosted is a lure for these pokemon. flygon has the choice scarf and is the speed control and defogger on this team. bronzong has stealth rocks and the coverage option in earthquake and body press, body press lures in pangoro and bewear, iron head is its stab of choice. drapion is our setup sweeper with swords dance and 3 attacks. last but not least mienshao with choice band to wear down pokemon more easily with u-turning on them. blaze kick lures in vileplume for alot of damge output and also hits the aforementioned decidueye and dhelmise.

Goliso:POG: (click sprites for importable)

:guzzlord: :golisopod: :bewear: :vileplume: :silvally-ghost: :bronzong:

Standard balance revolving around hazard stacking. Vileplume + Guzzlord + Bronzong provides a sturdy defensive backbone, while Bewear also gives it even more defensive utility. Silvally-Ghost is one of my favourite pokémon right now, being able to 2HKO most of the metagame after a layer of Spikes. Have fun! :D

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
https://prnt.sc/xm7qoc - Congratulations on winning Katy!!

The Pokemon for this week is...
:ss/Tyrantrum:
Tyrantrum!!!!
Choice Band Head Smash goes brrrr. Ok that was not funny, but finding a safe switchin to Tyrantrum is not funny (or easy) either! With a high attack stat and a 150 BP drawbackless STAB, Tyrantrum can easily 2HKO most of the current metagame.
Many sets have been popping up, notably DD/Rock Polish, Choice Band & Choice Scarf.
The deadline will be on Sat January, 30th. Get building everyone!!!​

Last edited:
There's Too Much LOVE (Level of Violence)

:tyrantrum: :starmie: :flygon: :ninjask: :escavalier: :comfey:
click the sprites for importable

252+ SpA Life Orb Tyrantrum Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bewear: 304-359 (79.5 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Tyrantrum Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bewear: 304-359 (79.5 - 93.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Chance to KO from Head Smash into Draco Meteor.

252+ SpA Life Orb Tyrantrum Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mudsdale: 230-270 (56.9 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Chips down its premier check.

4 Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Copperajah: 359-424 (80.1 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Bronzong: 234-276 (69.2 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Still puts in work against common switch-ins despite not being Attack-invested.

I built around mixed Tyrantrum, inspired by mixed Dracozolt when that thing roamed around UU. It completely obliterates its only true defensive checks (Bewear, Mudsdale and Runerigus/Palossand) while mantaining its offensive pressure against the entire metagame thanks to natural high base Attack, a spammable STAB move (Head Smash) and access to coverage to hit other common switch-ins (Close Combat/Crunch).
The team is a volturn to abuse Tyrantrum's breaking prowess. Ninjask is also a fantastic partner to the dino, abusing its breaking capabilities to clean late-game. The other pokémon are mainly defensive glue: Comfey provides a sturdy Fighting-type defensive check, Flygon is a Tyrantrum check/Poltergeist blocker/ground immune/overall utility pokémon and Escavalier is our check to the likes of Cresselia and Vileplume. Lastly, Choice Scarf Starmie bops unaware Mienshaos and gives extra Flip Turn momentum - I also just really needed a Water-type with Flip Turn (awa).

Katy

Banned deucer.
:copperajah: :rotom-mow: :articuno galar: :tyrantrum: :salazzle: :silvally: (fairy)

Copperajah @ Leftovers
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Articuno-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Competitive
Timid Nature
- Freezing Glare
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Close Combat

Salazzle (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Toxic

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Psychic Fangs
- Flame Charge
description: a very offensive team with plenty of setup swepers built around tyrantrum, with copperajah as the stealth rocker and rotom-mow as the defogger, as it can scare out most hazard removers with its strong stab-choices. galarian articuno has freezing glare and shadow ball in its arsenal, shadow ball for pokemon such as bronzong to hit it super-effectively. tyrantrum is another setup sweeper with life orb + dragon dance and its dual stab in head smash + dragon claw, its last move is close combat which is reserved for steel-types such as copperajah and fighting-types like bewear and pangoro. salazzle is again a setup sweeper with nasty plot and toxic, toxic helps it to bypass bulky waters such as gastrodon and mantine, the other slots are its dual stab in flamethrower and sludge wave. silvally-fairy has swords dance and flame charge to boost its attack and speed to +2 and +1 respectively. psychic fangs is its coverage for poison-types such as salazzle, vileplume, and although less common roserade.

Last edited:

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:Aerodactyl::espeon::blastoise::tyrantrum::Decidueye::bewear:
click the sprites for a pokepast!
First of all, I don't know how to build HO. I still tried it because I a) wanted to improve in it and b) set up Tyrantrum is one of the scariest things NU has to offer right now. The team is pretty basic, with Aerodactyl being the typical suicide lead and Espeon being the dual screener. I chose Espeon over other setter because of its speed tier to get up fast screens and ability Magic Bounce. The last four slots are filled with standard set up sweeper. I really enjoy Substitute on Blastoise especially on dual screens as it allows it to get multiple set up opportunities against pokemon that rely on Toxic to wall it like Bronzong or Gastrodon. The Tyrantrum set is more customizable. I like to run Hone Claws & Scale Shot as it makes its STAB attacks more accurate and I miss a lot of my moves. The last two are standard so I don't think I have to get into details as much.

Thank you all for the great submissions!! It is now time for the votings.
Vote for one of the following teams:
:tyrantrum::starmie::flygon::ninjask::escavalier::comfey: by Catalisador
:copperajah: :rotom-mow: :articuno galar: :tyrantrum: :salazzle: :silvally: (fairy) by Katy
:Aerodactyl::espeon::blastoise::tyrantrum::Decidueye::bewear: by Corthius

Deadline for the voting will be Monday, Febuary 1st. Happy voting!

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
Thank you all for your submissions & congratulations Katy for winning this round of the Teambuilding Competition!

The Pokemon for this week is...
:ss/Tauros:
Tauros!!!
An amazing ability in Sheer Force and good STAB and coverage options that benefit from it, amazing speed tier and an attack stat that packs a punch - all that is Tauros. Tauros sets itself apart due to its high speed tier and ability to 2HKO most of the metagame. I personally like to run it with Spikes support from partners like Roserade & Golisopod.
But you can come up with different team structures! We are curious what you build!
The deadline will be on Friday Feb, 5th. Get building everyone!!!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
The Alaskan Bull Worm Movie feat. Sirfetch'd

:bronzong: :tauros: :Sirfetch’d: :salazzle: :starmie: :flygon:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Iron Head

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop
- Earthquake

Sirfetch’d @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- First Impression
- Poison Jab

Salazzle (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Toxic

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flip Turn

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

description: this team messes around with iron defense + body press phys def bronzong as a check to tyrantrum, bronzong is also the stealth rock-setter and with iron defense + body press it can lure in threats such as bewear and pangoro as well. taurps has life orb + sheer force-boosted attacks and is a really great normal-type pokemon in the nu tier with plenty of great hard hitting coverage options. sirfetch'd is the other star of this team with choice band and first impression, knock off, close combat and poison jab, whereas salazzle can threaten steel-types such as copperajah, escavalier and bronzong with hard hitting flamethrowers or put the entire tier on a timer with corrsion toxics. starmie has hydro pump, thunderbolt, ice beam and flip turn to create momentum, and flygon is the defogger on this team with u-turn to maintain the momentum.​

Work Up Tauros
:tauros: :aggron: :rotom-mow: :weezing: :sylveon: :ninjask:
click the sprites for importable​

Work Up Tauros has virtually no switch-ins on the tier. Coupled with pokémon such as Rotom-Mow to weaken common blanket checks, such as Mudsdale with STAB Leaf Storm and Steel-types with Volt Switches, and lure Aggron to wreck revenge killers such as Mienshao, the bull can be free to wreck havoc. Weezing and Sylveon provide a decent defensive backbone, giving Toxic Spikes support and fat Wishes respectively. Lastly, Ninjask is an amazing but underrated offensive glue pokémon that provides both speed control and a VoltTurn core with Rotom.

Electric Terrain Tauros Squad

So after a long hiatus of NU, I decided to build a tauros squad for this weeks teambuilding competition. I wanted to use a teamstyle that I think tauros benefits from. The squad is as follows
(click on sprites for pokepaste)
:Tauros: :Raichu-alola: :pincurchin: :starmie: :sylveon: :mienshao:
I wanted to try Tauros with electric terrain due to its access to wild charge allowing it to remove flying types that would otherwise attempt to trade with tauros or just soft check it such as aerodactyl. Wild charge also eases prediction factor that tauros can have vs teams that attempt to play around it through pivoting into resists. Pincurchins access to spikes helps tauros as well. Starmie is on the team for its rapid spin capabilities as well as its breaking ability. Sylveon is on the team because I needed a check to fighters and darks including broken pangoro :psysad: . Mienshao can clean up games and provides oppurtunities to attack for the rest of the team with u turn. Alolan raichu is a must have on any electric terrain team for obvious reasons. I'm excited to explore more of what the metagame has to offer and looking forward to future iterations of this teambuilding competition in the future! Thank you for reading.

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
Aight boys I have a pretty good team for you today, one that I got bopped by in NUL recently.
Salazzle+Tauros Balance
:Salazzle: :Mienshao: :Tauros: :copperajah: :gastrodon: :vileplume:
The idea of this team is to overwhelm the typical gastro copper sylv core to facilitate either a Mienshao or Tauros sweep. Tauros has Work Up to increase its breaking power. Tauros and Salazzle are a good pair, help overwhelm gastro. The last three are a typical defensive core to make sure you have some switch ins to the threats in this tier.​

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Tauros Spikes
:tauros: :golisopod: :dragalge: :dhelmise: :copperajah: :mienshao:
Entry hazards with Tauros is an effective playstyle, as it's speed and power just needs a little more chip damage for it secure OHKOes as a revenge killer or wallbreaker. Golispod is the Spike setter with Copperajah for Stealth Rocks. Dragalge is a good pivot for Tauros that also has hazards with Toxic Spikes, which is helpful for forcing in non-threatening Poison-types and Defoggers for Tauros, or for breaking down Vileplume for it. Choice Scarf Mienshao is the offensive pivot and speed of the team; can never go wrong with this mon! Lastly, specially defensive Dhelmise was a perfect pick to compress both Rapid Spin and a check to offensive Waters like Blastoise and Starmie. It also pairs well with physically defensive Protect Copper to check most threats and keep the pressure of hazards up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)