ZU [SS] Musharna [DONE]

sleid

vagabond
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
[OVERVIEW]
Musharna is unviable in SS ZU because it is outclassed by other Calm Mind users such as Alcremie and Galarian Rapidash due to their better abilities and defensive typing.

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Moonlight
move 3: Psychic
move 4: Heal Bell / Moonblast
item: No item / Electric Seed / Kee Berry
ability: Synchronize
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Musharna acts as an late-game cleaner with its great bulk and access to Calm Mind, Heal Bell, and reliable recovery. It does have some use on Electric Terrain teams when it runs Electric Seed, since consuming its item can help it avoid or better take hits from strong moves like Poltergeist and Knock Off, but even then it is outclassed entirely by Uxie. However, Musharna is almost never worth using over Alcremie and Galarian Rapidash because they have better defensive typings for the tier, which allows them to run useful items like Leftovers. They also have great abilities to avoid Taunt and Encore in Alcremie's case and Toxic in Galarian Rapidash's case.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/sleid.601970/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/jett.226429/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/autumn.384270/

Last edited:

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
Musharna is unviable in SS ZU because it is outclassed by other Calm Mind users such as Alcremie and Rapidash-Galar due to their better abilities and defensive typing.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Musharna acts as an endgame cleaner with its great bulk and access to Calm Mind, Heal Bell and reliable recovery. It does have some use on Electric Terrain teams when it runs Electric Seed, which helps it better take hits from strong moves like Knock Off or Poltergeist. (Even on Eterrain teams, Uxie is the preferred bulky psychic type because it can cleanse status and heal in one slot with Rest, it has access to Draining Kiss, and is faster as well) However, it is almost never worth using over Alcremie and Rapidash-Galar because they have better defensive typing for the tier, which allows them to run useful items, and abilities to thwart Taunt/Encore and Toxic, respectively.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:

Grammar checked by:

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
1/1 GP Team done
[OVERVIEW]
Musharna is unviable in SS ZU because it is outclassed by other Calm Mind users such as Alcremie and Rapidash-Galar Galarian Rapidash due to their better abilities and defensive typing.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Musharna acts as an endgame late-game cleaner with its great bulk and access to Calm Mind, Heal Bell, (AC) and reliable recovery. It does have some use on Electric Terrain teams when it runs Electric Seed, which helps it better take hits from strong moves like Knock Off or and Poltergeist, but even then it is outclasses entirely by Uxie. However, it Musharna is almost never worth using over Alcremie and Rapidash-Galar Galarian Rapidash because they have better defensive typing for the tier, which allows them to run useful items to stop Taunt and Encore (RC) and abilities to thwart Taunt/Encore and Toxic (RC) respectively.
is it worth explaining why you'd run no item? you talked about eterrain which is second slash but no item could confuse people when theres no reference to it

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/jett.226429/
Grammar checked by:

sleid

vagabond
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
autumn i implemented changes, but i wanted a second look. the last sentence about taunt and encore applied to alcremies ability, not an item. please let me know if the changes i made about this look clearer and if it is more clear about the no item slash as well

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
autumn i implemented changes, but i wanted a second look. the last sentence about taunt and encore applied to alcremies ability, not an item. please let me know if the changes i made about this look clearer and if it is more clear about the no item slash as well
It does have some use on Electric Terrain teams when it runs Electric Seed, since consuming its item can help it avoid or better take hits from strong moves like Poltergeist and Knock Off, but even then it is outclassed entirely by Uxie. However, Musharna is almost never worth using over Alcremie and Galarian Rapidash because they have better defensive typings for the tier, which allows them to run useful items like Leftovers. They also have great abilities to avoid Taunt and Encore in Alcremie's case and Toxic in Galarian Rapidash's case.

i don’t think the “having no item in general” part really fits on the electric terrain line because on eterrain you’ll never be running no item, but i think the consuming item to take knock better should be enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)