Spohn's Team

Hello all, Spohn here. I'd like to do a few interesting team profiles, along with a surprisingly effective new EV spread that I beleive should make it on the charts. So, let's begin, shall we?

Lead: Thundurus-i @Focus Sash
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP Timid
Prakster
-------------------------------

Thunderbolt
Nasty plot
Dark pulse
Taunt

This is my Nasty Plot/ Taunt set Thundurus I use on wifi which effectively shuts down non-weather leads such as Ferrothorn and etc. This is a combination of its two sets for a reason. This double-set Thundurus FORCES the opponent to switch, rather than RELYING on the switch. On the switch, set up with Nasty Plot and proceed to sweep. I run sash over life orb because if they do not switch out and they attack instead, which due to Thundurus's Horrid bulk, will not survive, but thanks to the sash, it will.

Core: Dragonite @Life Orb
252 Atk, @52 Spe, 4 HP Adamant
Multiscale
-----------------------------

Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Aqua Tail

Dragonite this generation has generally been towards the top of OU, which is a position to be reckoned with in today's metagame. A slow but Heavy hitter is transformed into a Monstrous, Blazing speed demon. After ONE Dragon Dance, its Attack reaches 604 and Speed reaches 388, and Dragonite, due to its ability, is almost guaranteed to reach it thanks to Multiscale, which allows it to tank any hit.

Core/ Volt-Turn: Scizor @Occa Berry
252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Def Adamant
Technician
---------------------------------

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
U-Turn

Now, this Scizor may be slightly questionable. Occa Berry Isn't my choice item for this teammate, but with this WiFi team, it's the only item I could give to it due to the limit-one-item-type-per-'mon limit that slightly effects this team in ways it normally wouldn't. Anyways, Scizor is pretty much self-explanatory, its synergy with this team flows well. Set-up and sweep, same general team theme.

Core: Cloyster @White Herb
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP Jolly
Skill Link
----------------------------

Razor Shell
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Shell Smash

This is pretty much the staple of the team. The one peice of pressure that if you have the wrong thing in against it, you loose. White Herb is Shell Smash's BFFL. Another viable option would be a non-smashpass Gorebyss, which in the rain is incredibly effective, however, I prefer Cloyster since I don't run Drizzle Politoed, However, Siding for a Politoed and Gorebyss would be effective.

Tank/Volt-Turn: Rotom-W @Choice Specs
252 Def, 252 SpD, 4 SpA
Levitate
-------------------------------------------

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Trick
Volt Switch

An interesting set I came up with a while ago. This Utilizes Rotom-W's natural OK speed, To take a hit and use either trick or volt switch, depending on the scenario. When trying to go for the KO, however, do NOT use volt switch unless you were planning a switch in the first place, because Choice Spec'd T-bolt is normally enough for a dent/ KO.

And now, the set I think should be used for this following Pokemon is my original set idea.

Set name: Fast Offensive Special Tank (FOST)

FOST: Volcarona @Leftovers/ Life Orb
126 HP, 126 SpA, 126 SpD, 126 Spe, 4 Def
Calm/Modest/Timid (I use Calm Leftovers)
Flame Body
--------------------------------------------

Quiver Dance *The staple of this set*
Fiery dance
Bug Buzz
Psychic/ Substitute

This was my original set that I mentioned at the beginning. This set works amazing and IMO should be Uber. The idea of this set is to switch into a Special attacker or a pokemon with close-to-none offensive power, or a pokemon that can't do much... It's way too easy to do. It's pretty much garunteed to survive a special hit, which means it's almost garunteed to set up a quiver dance, which in return means it's either gonna force a switch, start attacking or set up again, this time either being a substitute or another quiver dance. Then, begins the nasty shenanigans. With this set, 100% of the moves on this is self-gaining or opponent crippling. Psychic and Bug buzz reduce the opponent's SpD, Fiery Dance occasionally gives a +1 SpA, Quiver Dance sets up, and the optional substitute adds to the stalling. This set in specific has won me several games and is the main star of the team IMO. Not many pokemon can say they can safely switch in to this monster, and this is THE definition of a Ferrothorn counter. Leftovers make a bulky, fast, hard-hitting pokemon even harder to take down, or with a few tweaks, this can become a fearsome bulky life orb set. Please leave a response on recommendations and maybe even test out my Volcarona or something.

~Spohn

Just saying Thundurus-I is listed as Uber in the Smogon's OU Ban-List, so I would require you to either change it to Thundurus-T or a different Pokemon.
True, but this is a wifi team, and this set is not listed under uber meaning I can use it (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). Plus I don't own a copy of Black 2 / White 2, therefore I cannot receive a thundurus-t.

And sorry, I'll replace it soon, I just need to find a new slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)