Speed. Priority. Backup. RMT No. 3½:)

HEY

Suaver here,
:)
So old thread got locked should be deleted promptly but i am repeating a lot from it and i have a new member so cheers! and i am not doing that damn team-building process again!
:mad:
"You've met with a terrible fate,haven't you?"
Yes, Yes i have.
This team came up as a result of a terrible loss.
I was playing with Scarfed Raptor's Weak to Rotom Heat team(not because it's not good ,hell it's awesome:D) and lost to a volt turn intimidate team using scarf rotom wash in the first round of a scripted OU Tourney.,
My teamates were crushed by the heavy offense and at the last minute mega pinsir was about to come through and a scarf rotom ruins the onlaught with a 85% accuracy will-o-wisp.
i was so depressed.
no beef though i was happy i'd been enlightened and we became friends. heck he helped me test the team.
So I kept four things in mind when building this team:
Speed. Priority. Coverage. and if all else failed. Backup.
before i get lots of people telling me not to run 2 scarfs i can't part with scarf rotom it leaves people helpless.
Team at a Glance:

Lando-Coffee (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock/Stone Edge
- U-turn
A nice fake lead and decent revenge killer late game
the speed evs let it outspeed a good part of the metagame and plus 1 base 100s while the defense evs let it take a brave bird from talonflame a little bit better.
it deals with pinsir,mawile,talonflame,zard x ,basically anything not azumarill and mamoswine. Also I switch this in on Adamant zard x(Tested with the Awesome Jin White bam its back to neutral and 2 I outspeed and dispose of it with a delicious expresso eq.

Psycho. (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
The Standard Greninja set will for me because i hate the stall that ensues when i'm going against ferro ,so HP fire is wonderful for this.
Sometimes, i contemplate running scarf on this because the amount of scarfchomp on the ladder is ungodly.
also it always OHKOs Dragonite. Always.
Don't believe me?
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 328-385 (101.2 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Buzzsaw (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
Scizor with a choice band hits so hard 2hkoing almost anything that doesnt resist it in the ou metagame. it's that good. it mostly acts like a pivot for my team and pursuit trapping latis helps but i'm thinking about adding knock off and superpower for those other pesky steel types.

Does Work. (Alakazam) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball
Every time this thing comes in something dies.
Alakazam has become one of my favorite revenge killers due to his great coverage and power. Not only that, Magic Guard makes it the greatest Focus Sash user in the game since he takes no damage from hazards or weather and is guranteed to get an extra hit in. Psyshock is to pokemon such as Blissey and Heracross for enormous damage. Focus Blast is to take down Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados while HP Ice slays the unsuspecting Gliscor and Garchomp and Dragonite and Landorus and Landorus-T. Energy ball is for coverage but i'm debating on putting shadow ball in this slot.

Red Ranger (Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
A fitting replacement for venusaur, can take on fairies well and gets up rocks for my team,
It punishes the defoggers who try to remove my rocks,Even mandibuzz is 2hkod by Iron Head after the Defiant boost and with the knock off buff this gen ,it cause massive damage to everything that doesn't resist it.

Panasonic (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Trick
The heart and soul of my team simply because no one and I mean NO ONE expects scarf rotom-w, its kinda sad ,Hydro Pump ohkos non scarf excadrill, Volt switch ohkos greninja, will-o-wisp cripples bisharp and other potent physical priority users and lastly trick to wreck a wall.

Replays
Perfect Example of How my team works.

Keeping Momentum
The Testing.
Quick Battle
Sorry Had to go will bulk up descriptions in the morning but i hope i gave a rough description and trust me i know this team doesn't look viable but test it it's really awesome.
~Suaver

Last edited:

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This RMT has been long overdue and I do offer my sincere apologies. Anyways, feel free to ignore my suggestions if you feel your team works better as it is but let's begin...
Altogether though, this team looks put together quite well. Provides synergy between the Pokemons' weaknesses, you might want to include that under the description.

Panasonic (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Trick
The heart and soul of my team simply because no one and I mean NO ONE expects scarf rotom-w, its kinda sad ,Hydro Pump ohkos non scarf excadrill, Volt switch ohkos greninja, will-o-wisp cripples bisharp and other potent physical priority users and lastly trick to wreck a wall.
Synergy Weaknesses :
Grass - Bisharp and Scizor

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]/[Ice]
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

I personally think that the combination of Focus Blast/Hidden Power Ice is a bit of a waste. Focus Blast hits Dark Types/Ice Types hard, fair enough but you have to risk the miss. Also HP Ice to only hit Dragon and Lando-T/Gliscor seems like a bit of a waste also when you have Dazzling Gleam which then reserves a slot for a different Hidden Power to be used, if not the same. This move not only has a higher power than Hidden Power Ice but has 100% accuracy and is able to hit both Dragons/Dark Types without taking up two move slots.
I can understand the HP Ice can be used for Landorus or Gliscor but seems like a waste to me. If you have issues with them in the battles, I see no reason to switch back and see what you prefer. The HP Fire is for hitting Steel types like Scizor/Ferrothorn that think they can switch into you due to your lack of Focus Blast. Shadow Ball is just because... well Ghost Types can now easily come in with the set you was running. Aegislash will have some fun setting up either a Substitute for the Toxic stall or Swords Dance.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician/Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

For the abilities on Scizor, both are equally fine. Swarm is for when you are low on HP and want to get some switch initiative therefore making your U-turn do more damage however Technician just just for the STAB + Choice Band + Tech Bullet Punch, not to mention priority as well which is always something you don't want to miss out on. I honestly think Pursuit will be the best option for you rather than Knock Off considering you have Bisharp, Scizor can come in and revenge kill on things that are low on HP to the point where they will die from a Banded Pursuit therefore eliminating threats that the opponent may of wanted to preserve for later on. In all fairness both choices are good, if you do go for Pursuit make sure to pick Technician over Swarm.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock/Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

I noticed that you was running 252 Spd instead of HP on Bisharp. In this case I would suggest Jolly Nature over Adamant unless you consider switching back to 252 HP, this is just so that you are at Max Speed, no point investing in Speed EVs if you aren't going to be out speeding much anyways due to your lack of Jolly Nature.
Life Orb is a good item and can be used, in this situation I would go for Focus Sash instead just because of your slot containing SR or SD. This is so that if you are unable to get the Rock's up from Lando, you are assured to get it from Bisharp, providing there are no hazards on your side. Now thinking about it you have no Defog user... hmmm... try thinking about Scizor and changing up the item or just keep the Life Orb!

Minor changes which I want you to try out and get back to me with eventually...
Adamant > Jolly on Landorus-T
Bulky Rotom-W if you feel offensive isn't working out too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)