Soul Cutter (UU SemiStall)

Intro

Hi guys and welcome to my newest RMT,after having my CRE resetted and the duck duo banned from this tier,I feel it's time to make a fresh start to my favourite tier,UU.I've tried all kind of playstyle except for stall and tbh,Stall is boring,so I decided to use my favourite kind of playstyle,balance,but I wanted a little twist so I don't easily get bored with this team.I decided to make a team of stall-based balance,or some of people say semistall.
This team is named after Zanpakutou from one of my favourite anime,Bleach,and all of the pokemon is named after all of them.
So without any further ado I present you:
Changes in BOLD*
The Soul Cutter
In-Depth :

The Lead

Spiritomb (M)@Spell Tag (Kazeshini)
Ability:Pressure
244 Hp / 60 Atk / 204 SpA
Nature:Quiet
-Hidden Power Rock
-Shadow Ball
-Shadow Sneak
-Pursuit

Spiritomb has working a lot better than before in this position.This is my favourite lead in UU ever (well,second to Arcanine,I guess...).It start the play very offensively,pretty much cover up my stall based team perfectly,It also deal with Froslass lead very well,helping Donphan does it's job.Shadow Ball is it's main move,and the most powerful attack in it's arsenal,I choose Hidden Power Rock because it's much more useful in dealing with Moltres lead and 2x super effective Hidden Power Fighting have less power than STAB+Spell Tag Shadow Ball,and Steelix won't take much from it anyway.Shadow Sneak is the oh-so needed priority for the team and pursuit help me trap weakened poke,putting them on checkmate position
244 Hp allow Spiritomb to survive one Fire Blast from LO moltres,204 SpA and 60 Atk for more firepower.

Spiritomb is named after Kazeshini.Easily because of them have such a scary face and Kazeshini loves to kill and once he finds a target, he will continue to hunt it until he kills it just like Spiritomb pursuit his opponent to death

The Spiker

Froslass (F)@Choice Scarf (Sode no Shirayuki)
Ability:Snow Cloak
248 Hp / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Nature:Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Spikes
-Trick

And here we have the best spiker in the tier,or possibly in the game.Froslass is the best spiker in UU,thanks to the fact that it's typing allow her to block spin,mean that at least 1 layer of spikes is guaranteed to get up.Spikes is one of the most common entry hazard in UU metagame and it's always good to have one to set it up for my team.Credit goes to Delko for the set,Scarflass has working very well for my team.Thunderbolt+ Ice Beam give me the best coverage,resisted only by Shedinja and Lanturn in UU.Scarf allow Froslass not only set-up spikes and block spin,but also act as my primary revenge killer.Trick allow me to cripple enemy wall or most of pokemon love to swith in on Froslass.Froslass is crucial for my team to run for it's ability to set-up those important hazard and also block any attempt spin.
EV are similiar to that Bulkylass except that I run 4 more speed,this is only because I'm quite paranoid so In case I face opposing Scarflass with identical EV spread,I can outspeed them and do my business faster.

Froslass is named after Sode no Shirayuki,both have resemblance to Yuuki-onna (A folkrole from Japan about a woman that appear in the middle of snowstorm) and the only female in my team (My Milotic is male!)

The Spinner

Donphan @Leftovers (Hisagomaru)
Ability:Sturdy
252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Nature:Adamant
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Assurance

Donphan role here is crucial,it spin away all those annoying hazard (spikes and stealth rock) and keep my team alive longer,while also setting up the best entry hazard in the game,Stealth Rock.Donphan also provide this team with electric immunity and crucial rock resistance(and on some case,poison).Earthquake is it's main STAB move,and one of the strongest ground move in UU (second to Rhyperior).Assurance help me when facing against levitating ghost that attempting to block my spin,namely Mismagius and Rotom.Donphan is still a great spinner despite all those Proslass running around.
EV are designed to make Donphan bulky while also hit hard,even with no defensive investment,Donphan physical defense is still impressive,and rest goes to SpD.(thanks to Megan_Fox for suggestions)

Donphan is named after Hisagomaru,despite they having no similiarities in appearance,they have similiar role,supporting,while Hisagomaru can also fire a very powerful attack with it's Akeiro Hisagomaru form like Donphan hit very hard with STAB Earthquake

The Defensive Core

Venusaur (M)@Leftovers (Senbonzakura)
Ability:Overgrow
252 Hp / 108 Def / 20 Spe / 56 SpA / 72 SpD
Nature:Bold
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis
-Roar

Venusaur is such an amazing pokemon that it's easily fit most playstyle and that's the reason why he gained #1 in UU usage.This Venusaur moveset is basically the same with Venusaur from D-A stall,except with different EV.He is the part of my grass-water core,one of the best defensive core in UU.Leaf Storm is the strongest move in Venusaur arsenal,and will put the hurt to anything that not resist it,even with low special attack investment.Sludge Bomb is it's secondary STAB moves,and allow Venusaur to check opposing grass type like Sceptile,Leafeon and Tangrowth.Synthesis is it's somewhat reliable recovery move (seeing that many Rain Dance team has popped out lately).Roar is probably the most important move from this set,It have 3 uses,1) to phaze any set-upper (baton passer that not expect this to come),2) scout opponent team, and 3)rack up residual damage
EV are pretty simple,252 Hp and 72 SpD guarantee that Venusaur survive +2 LO shadow ball from missy,while 108 Def allow me to survive CBperior EQ/Stone Edge,even when switching into SR,and OHKO back with Leaf Storm,the speed EV outspeed 8 speed Milotic and rest into Special attack.

Venusaur is named after Senbonzakura,easily because Senbonzakura mean Thousand Cherry Blossom and he uses Sharp-edged Sakura Leaf to attack,much like Venusaur Leaf Storm

Milotic (M)@Leftovers (Hyourinmaru)
Ability:Marvel Scale
252 Hp / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Nature:Bold
-Surf
-Toxic
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Yeah my Milotic is male,live with that,anyway back to the pokemon.RestTalk Milotic is easily this team MVP.Milotic have many important role for this team.First of all,he is the glue that hold this team together,check many dangerous threat for my team and slowly beat them,second,He is my status absorber.When sleeping,Milotic unique ability Marvel Scale activate,increasing it's above average defence into a very high level,and make it ridiculously hard to take down,especially because this Milotic is not crippled by status.Surf is his main STAB moves and making it a great check to all fire type that threaten Venusaur,including Moltres,Toxic in conjuction with RestTalk and deadly,not only it cause indirect damage,it's also cause switches,racking up residual damage faster.This is easily the most annoying poke I've ever use.
EV are standard from analysis,When Marvel Scale activates,this guy is easily the best mixed wall exist in UU imo.It achieves 366 Defence and 330 SpD coupled with 394 Hp,meaning not many thing will get past through this

Milotic is named after Hyourinmaru,He is my favourite Zanpakutou spirit and both have a resemblance of Serpent-like creature (in Hyourinmaru case,in the form of Chinese Dragon)

The Flaming Staller

Moltres @Leftovers (Ryujin Jakka)
Ability:Pressure
248 Hp / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Nature:Timid
-Flamethrower
-Substitute
-Roost
-Toxic

Moltres is an amazing and versatile pokemon,while most player prefer the ridiculously powerful LO Moltres,SubRoost Moltres is the real monster,This guy is the main reason of so many ragequit is occured,simply because they can't get through past it and get their PP stalled (Pressure) or have all their team member toxic-stalled to death.It's also my answer to thing like Toxicroak and Venusaur.Flamethrower is it's STAB move of choice,even with no SpA investment,it's still can do nice damage with respectable 286 SpA and also do short work against all thing that resist/immune to poison.Substitute protect me from status and is all around great moves,Roost is it's reliable way of healing and also eliminate electric weakness and gice ice resistance in the process.Toxic is the crux of this set,decreasing opponent HP slowly and also help Moltres defeating it's counter.This is all around great pokemon so credit goes to Megan_Fox for it's suggestion to put Moltres!
176 Speed and Timid nature outpace all max speed positive nature base 80,248 Hp and 84 Def for physical bulk.248 HP makes Moltres reach 383 Hp,it's not divisible by 2 so Moltres can switch into 2 stealth rock if necessary (Thanks to Smurf. for the EV )

Moltres is named after Ryuujin Jakka,Ryuujin Jakka is the strongest fire element and the oldest Zanpakutou in Soul Society,much like Moltres,the strongest fire pokemon exist in UU

Conclusion
That's my team guys and thanks for reading this RMT,Rate,Hate,Steal....do as you like
Credit goes to all my friend that help me building this team especially Enzette and Ontop.Both of them has always been a good friend for me and both of them have help me A LOT to make this team better

hey, i would try making spiritomb your lead just because the team doesnt look like it would want to take them and spiritomb leads can prevent frosslass leads from setting more than 1 layer.

i dont have enough time for a full rate but i might come back later. hope i helped

hey, i would try making spiritomb your lead just because the team doesnt look like it would want to take them and spiritomb leads can prevent frosslass leads from setting more than 1 layer.

i dont have enough time for a full rate but i might come back later. hope i helped
Thanks for your suggestion.I see your point,and I have tried Spiritomb to great sucess,however then I needed something to check physical threat and Uxie cannot do that,any though?

Sprirtomb-
Shadow Sneak & pursuit need to make up its 2 attacks. sucker punch is very easy to play around and pp stall and shadow sneak will still hit most important targets for decent damage despite the low base. Also, I would like to suggest this spread for spiritomb. Impish; 252 Hp, 84 def., 176 Sp. Def. Spiritomb doesn't need any attack investment to beat the things he needs to counter so the attack ev's are wasted in my experience. The special defense is the bare minimum to never be 2hko'd by alakazam's +1 Signal Beam, + 2 Shadow Ball from mismagius (or two shadow balls with no boost), espeon's spec's Shadow Ball is also not a 2hko against this tomb (All of these account for SR damage) all of which are free kills for you. Also, I would try this in the lead spot if I were you to allow you more room to replace uxie if that is what you want to do (make sure you work SR back into the team).

Sprirtomb-
Shadow Sneak & pursuit need to make up its 2 attacks. sucker punch is very easy to play around and pp stall and shadow sneak will still hit most important targets for decent damage despite the low base. Also, I would like to suggest this spread for spiritomb. Impish; 252 Hp, 84 def., 176 Sp. Def. Spiritomb doesn't need any attack investment to beat the things he needs to counter so the attack ev's are wasted in my experience. The special defense is the bare minimum to never be 2hko'd by alakazam's +1 Signal Beam, + 2 Shadow Ball from mismagius (or two shadow balls with no boost), espeon's spec's Shadow Ball is also not a 2hko against this tomb (All of these account for SR damage) all of which are free kills for you. Also, I would try this in the lead spot if I were you to allow you more room to replace uxie if that is what you want to do (make sure you work SR back into the team).
Thanks for your rate BurtonEarny
That EV spread seems good,as I do have trouble with Zam.Seeing that I need a replacement for Uxie that can parahax,set-up SR and provide the crucial ground resist,I know no other pokemon havev all this capabilities.But I need to find the closest one to do all this job.Again,any though?

Well, unless my mind is failing, and it might be, but isn't Probopass UU? Or did they bump him to OU now? I can't see the lists for some reason, but I think he can SR and T-wave, plus be sturdy. This is also all up to what you want. ^^

Yo nice team and also It has the exact same pokemon in my team strangely!!!!.. I'd recommend you to use leftovers Uxie that way You wont leave yourself too open since too many players lead of with scarf froslass, moltres and scarf venusuar. Also Use aqua tail on your rhyperior instead of Avalanche which would only prove to be good for altaria and a few flying types (although you got stone edge) as aqua tail provides more coverage and Other rhyperior's and aggron's cant invite themselves for tea and get a sub or free rock polish up.

Thanks for your suggestion.I see your point,and I have tried Spiritomb to great sucess,however then I needed something to check physical threat and Uxie cannot do that,any though?
hmm well i think u can replace donphan with uxie, donphan is a good stealthrocker plus it can rapid spin. since having donphan with rhyperior wouldnt good advisable i would replace rhyperior for either a morning sun arcanine or a LO moltres. ur team seems pretty venasaur weak so they would help 2 and with a rapid spinner they wouldnt take sr damage

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I really don't know why you would want two trickscarfers, so why not change Froslass to this set?:

Froslass @ Leftovers
Timid
EVs:248 HP/228 Def/32 Spe
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Pain Split
-Ice Beam

I love this set, and it is really useful for stall based teams.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for all your feedback guys!Really appreciate it
Well, unless my mind is failing, and it might be, but isn't Probopass UU? Or did they bump him to OU now? I can't see the lists for some reason, but I think he can SR and T-wave, plus be sturdy. This is also all up to what you want. ^^
tbh Probopass is not sturdy,it's not about it's stat it's about it's typing,Probopass have one of the worst typing in the game,and that make it a dead-weight seeing that Rhyperior already bring so many weakness to the table

Probopass is too slow and easily taunted. I prefer Uxie. I heat facing an Uxie lead.
That's also my point :)

Yo nice team and also It has the exact same pokemon in my team strangely!!!!.. I'd recommend you to use leftovers Uxie that way You wont leave yourself too open since too many players lead of with scarf froslass, moltres and scarf venusuar. Also Use aqua tail on your rhyperior instead of Avalanche which would only prove to be good for altaria and a few flying types (although you got stone edge) as aqua tail provides more coverage and Other rhyperior's and aggron's cant invite themselves for tea and get a sub or free rock polish up.
Nah I've never face you so I don't know we have a same team.Anyway Aqua Tail seems to be a good choice because I can hit opposing Rhyperior harder than Earthquake does and it prove useful sometimes

hmm well i think u can replace donphan with uxie, donphan is a good stealthrocker plus it can rapid spin. since having donphan with rhyperior wouldnt good advisable i would replace rhyperior for either a morning sun arcanine or a LO moltres. ur team seems pretty venasaur weak so they would help 2 and with a rapid spinner they wouldnt take sr damage
Venusaur does some trouble to this team,Donphan and Moltres seems to be a good replacement because they solve my Toxicroak problem even though I'll be a bit weak to opposing stall teams but I'll consider this

I really don't know why you would want two trickscarfers, so why not change Froslass to this set?:

Froslass @ Leftovers
Timid
EVs:248 HP/228 Def/32 Spe
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Pain Split
-Ice Beam

I love this set, and it is really useful for stall based teams.

Good luck! :)
I've tried this set and it not work really well than the TrickScarf does,and double trickscarf can be frustating sometimes :).But thanks for your rate

Keep the rates coming!

BUMP!Make some updates
Spiritomb position changed into lead and changed set into offensive lead
Replacing Uxie for Donphan
Replacing CBperior with SubRoost Moltres

donphan + moltres wouldn't make you weaker to stall, donphan can spin hazards and with your own hazards up, even Chansy has difficulty switching in on moltres

Hey ZapdosBlitz, how ya doing.

Unfortunately I din't have the time to comment on this team up to now but to be honest, I don't think that it is still necessary now. When I first scrolled through this team a few days ago, I thought of some things you should improve, like i.e. two Trickscarfers on the same team, the lack of Rapid spin etc. But now I think with the help of mainly Megan Fox (she's really hot btw) you have built really solid semi- stall team. So I've just two minor things left to say.

First, I think you should consider Leech Seed over Synthesis on Venusaur. Leech Seed has three invaluable advantages IMO: 1) It forces many switches, racking up entry hazard damage, 2) It provides your team with some sort of pseudo Wish passing, which is nice to have in a team without a Wish user (especially because 3 of your team members don't have a recovery move of their own) and 3) It isn't crippled by Weather, especially the common Rain.
Although I also see the advantages of Synthesis (instant 50% recovery and Leech Seed is ruined by your own Roar), I think you should give Leech Seed a try. Also it has higher PP.
Also, I would try to find a slot for Sleep Powder. Sleeping an opponent is simply too good to leave out. Maybe you could drop Roar and use Haze on Milotic instead. This would also solve the Roar-Leech Seed issue.

Second, I think you should run a non-RestTalk set on Milotic. It will give you a 3rd attack slot and also instant recovery (Recover) is generally the superior option over RestTalk, despite Marvel Scale, IMO. I also figured out that Rain teams can give you trouble and RestTalk Milotic is just Set Up Fodder for Rain sweepers, while Recover Milotic beats most of them one on one. So I would try this set:
Milotic@Leftovers
Bold-248HP, 252Def, 8Spe
-Surf
-HP Grass
-Recover
-Haze, Ice Beam, Toxic
This Milotic is still a good status absorber due to Marvel Scale. Spiritomb is a good Sleep fodder mid- to lategame. The last slot is matter of preference. Ice Beam for coverage, but Froslass already has a srtonger IB. Toxic is a good choice, but already provided by Moltres. Haze is maybe the best option. Then you can also drop Roar for Sleep Powder on Venusaur.

Hope I could help. Solid team overall. Good Work !

Hey ZapdosBlitz, how ya doing.

Unfortunately I din't have the time to comment on this team up to now but to be honest, I don't think that it is still necessary now. When I first scrolled through this team a few days ago, I thought of some things you should improve, like i.e. two Trickscarfers on the same team, the lack of Rapid spin etc. But now I think with the help of mainly Megan Fox (she's really hot btw) you have built really solid semi- stall team. So I've just two minor things left to say.

First, I think you should consider Leech Seed over Synthesis on Venusaur. Leech Seed has three invaluable advantages IMO: 1) It forces many switches, racking up entry hazard damage, 2) It provides your team with some sort of pseudo Wish passing, which is nice to have in a team without a Wish user (especially because 3 of your team members don't have a recovery move of their own) and 3) It isn't crippled by Weather, especially the common Rain.
Although I also see the advantages of Synthesis (instant 50% recovery and Leech Seed is ruined by your own Roar), I think you should give Leech Seed a try. Also it has higher PP.
Also, I would try to find a slot for Sleep Powder. Sleeping an opponent is simply too good to leave out. Maybe you could drop Roar and use Haze on Milotic instead. This would also solve the Roar-Leech Seed issue.

Second, I think you should run a non-RestTalk set on Milotic. It will give you a 3rd attack slot and also instant recovery (Recover) is generally the superior option over RestTalk, despite Marvel Scale, IMO. I also figured out that Rain teams can give you trouble and RestTalk Milotic is just Set Up Fodder for Rain sweepers, while Recover Milotic beats most of them one on one. So I would try this set:
Milotic@Leftovers
Bold-248HP, 252Def, 8Spe
-Surf
-HP Grass
-Recover
-Haze, Ice Beam, Toxic
This Milotic is still a good status absorber due to Marvel Scale. Spiritomb is a good Sleep fodder mid- to lategame. The last slot is matter of preference. Ice Beam for coverage, but Froslass already has a srtonger IB. Toxic is a good choice, but already provided by Moltres. Haze is maybe the best option. Then you can also drop Roar for Sleep Powder on Venusaur.

Hope I could help. Solid team overall. Good Work !
Thanks for your rate ACC
Leech Seed on Venusaur seems like a good idea,,however Roar is too good to pass up,so I'll try it first and see how it goes.
Choosing RestTalk or standard Milotic is difficult,because this Milotic safe my ass a lot of time,so I probably just change Toxic into Hidden Power Grass so I'm not a complete set-up fodder.I'll try the new set though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)