SoT please rate this (OU Rmt)

Since Platinum came out, everyone has had to adjust to the new metagame.
So I decided to play ubers for a while and got the 49th spot on the ladder for a short time. I was annoyed that I couldn't make it over that spot so I stopped. I asked Gen, if he could help me make a team for the OU ladder, considering Latias was newly added onto it. So the next day he Pm's me a team. I started to test out the team and made a few adjustments to it.
Then I started to see a sucsess in the team and I put in a few more edits and the team was a masterpeice. Since I didn't have a name for it, SoT suggested the name, so whatever.Highlight the title for spoilers :x. Anyway, here's the team:

Team Globo Gym

Gen named this. ;3

The Lead
(Ganondorf)-Machamp @ Lum Berry
Adamant with No Guard
252 Hp/160 Atk/96 Sp. Def
-Substitute
-Encore
-Dynamic Punch
-Payback

My favorite lead in the new meta. Now Encore is for those leads who just love to setup stealth rock and spikes. I can either Encore or Dynamic Punch. Both Tyranitar and Heatran are OHKO'ed by DP. Now If I DP I substitute and Payback til' they die. Many people have told me why I don't carry Stone Edge over Payback. Simple, I use Payback to get those important Ko's on the Rotoms who just quake to switch into Dynamic Punches.

Key Role: To stop leads from setting up and screwing up my late game sweeps.

The Sweeper
(Gen)-Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Modest with Torrent
252 Sp. Atk/232 Spd/12 Hp
-Agility
-Substitute
-Grass Knot/Ice Beam
-Surf

Ahh, SubPetaya Empoleon, the best thing since canned bread. Capable of 6-0'ing teams with Agility and P. Berry. So, I like to switch this into Scizors Bullet Punches. Once in, I set up a sub, and Agility while they break it. Soon I have my berry activate and get in some KO's. A bullet Punch from Scizor deals about 11% of damage to Empoleon and is able to KO back with Surf. Although im still debating whether I should use Grass Knot or Ice Beam because CM Latias likes to switch into this.

Key Role: Take out the threats that stop Lucario from sweeping.

The Sweet Revenge
(Fate)-Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant with Clear Body
252 Atk/252 Hp/6 Def
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Explosion

Banded Metagross? Awesome. Great for revenge killing and pursuiting those nasty ghosts who like to switch into my Rotom. Metoer Mash for Latias and Bullet Punch for priority. Explosion for a free KO whenever I want.

The Beacon of Hope
(Not Brett)-Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly with Inner Focus
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp
-Close Combat
-Crunch/Ice Punch
-Swords Dance
-Extremespeed

Since the start of DP, this has been my favorite sweeper overall.
Im having Latias Trouble and Rotom trouble after Luke goes out, so I need an opinion on whether I should use Crunch over Ice Punch, or vice versa.
This is a great late game sweeper with E-Speed and SD. I'll switch this thing into scarfers who Luke resists. If anyone has anything betterplease suggest it.

Key Role: Clean up Late Game and take out any other threats.

The Silence
(Aquamentus)-Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant with Intimadate
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake

Ahh, Gyarados. This beastly beast is beasting with Dragon Dance, capable of swiping at least 1-2 KO'es after a DD. He is the breaker of silence and is the key who wins me games.

Key Role: Taking out what Lucario couldn't.

The Glue
(Bynine)-Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Bold with Levitate
252 Hp/168 Def/88 Spe
-Discharge
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Ball

The glue of my team. Will-O-Wisp and Hydro Pump is a deadly combo which makes this set perfect for my team. I switch this into Outrage Mences after I give something up. If I WoW, Outrage becomes a 3HKO which gives me chance to switch or damage Mence before dying. Discharge is for incoming Gyaras and Shaow ball for other Rotoms.

Key Role: Stop physical attackers.

So thats my team. :P

Rate, Comment, Help.

EDIT: Everyone can rate this. SOme people are telling me only SoT can rate it :P

This team looks pretty solid...but the problem is, it's a little slow. A team of something like spec starmie or gengar or scarftran looks like it could really hurt this team when it's weak...I don't know how bad it is, do you ever fing yourself having trouble with things like that? If you are, pherhaps meta could get a scarf, otherwise...disregard my post

You have three Steels that are all beaten by Magnezone - nothing you want on a team like this one. Magnezone + Salamence therefore wins against you. I suggest changing that Metagross into a Latias of your own. Use SpecsTrick to achieve the same destructive power that Metagross provides.

OK, I really dislike Empoleon. It is horribly overrated, and whichever secondary move you pick, something walls you. If you like, you could use a Celebi in it's place. It beats Gliscor and anything else that beats your particular Lucario set. It also provides SR, which is missing. TWave/SR/Recover/HP Ice is a good set. TWave stops Mence and Gyara in their tracks. SR is SR, and HP Ice hits Mence, Gliscor and Flygon for SE.

Three steels definitely looks to be problematic when running into Magnezone. Empoleon could definitely be swapped and I say Earthquake > Pursuit on Metagross to nab incoming Magnezonea and fellow Metagrosses otherwise others will just Earthquake you while you hopelessly Meteor Mash them for less.

Not a whole lot else I can think of right now. Likely to be edited later.

I'd think about putting Zen Headbutt on Metagross (probablly over pursuit) to act as a Rotom lure, since you're terrified of ghosts.

I strongly suggest Stone Edge on Machamp. In my experience in OU Togekiss and Gyarados are more common than Ghosts.

How would he deal with Rotom formes??

Anyway i suggest you try out Empoleon Without Sub, This way you can have both GK and ice beam, and your opponent would find it hard to counter, you could try Life orb with that, only problem is Mach punch Ape. Hope this helped.

Hi Sheep.

One thing I noticed your team lacks, is Stealth Rock. Though it is not a must, it will greatly help out in your efforts to defeat Gyarados, who can set up on a lot of your Pokemon. You could replace Machamp with an Infernape lead, which also gives you a Fire-attack. Btw, Infernape learns Encore too =)

On Metagross, I recommend Earthquake over Pursuit. Pursuit gives Lucario a free Sword Dance, and a primary Pokemon you are going to be Pursuiting I Rotom-A, who will just Burn you. Gengar also dies to Bullet Punch, and you have no way to stop the Heatran switch in.

I do however see a majority of team being walled by Rotom, Gyarados, Metagross, possibly Lucario. Empoleon must fear Thunderbolt. Definately Crunch on Lucario. Perhaps change your own Rotom to a Choice Scarf varient. That will allow you to Shadow Ball the foe's Rotom. Another intresting idea would be to change Metagross to mixed Metagross.

Metagross @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Atk / 124 SpA / 132 Spe
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot

This lets you beat Rotom-A, and still maintaint your attack. Grass Knot hurts Swampert you may stop Lucario's sweep.
Also, why does it (Rotom) have Life Orb? That really hurts its durability.

Looks like a decent team, but seems to be walled too easily. Good luck +)

Thanks for the rates guys, I am testing an Infernape Lead over Machamp, and its working pretty good. I will make edits after further testing.

What Stops a Timid 252 SPA/252 Speed..with Vaccum Wave From Sweeping you...I see those on the suspect ladder and use one myself or maybe i'm the only using it XD. But Still After Infernape Plots Knot does HEavy to Gyarados...and FIRE blast certianly sweeps your team..Even the old fashioned standard one gives you trouble..'

that's the only hole i see..nice pokemon

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Um, you lack SR, really really bad idea on a team that's focused around Lucario and Gyarados. Those 2 absolutely need Stealth Rock in order to function to their fullest. With that being said I shall move on to the team.

First off is your Machamp, I would suggest doing 2 things. As someone above stated, I would reccomend that you run an Infernape lead, Fire Blast/Mach Punch/Stealth Rock/Fake Out @Focus sash, since it's probably one of the best, if not the best, leads out right now. If you really want to keep Machamp, you could always just run Stealth Rock over one of the moves you have. I think an Infernape would be most beneficial to this team.

Your Empoleon is fine, nothing I can nor want to change about this, it's a great pokemon and fits this team rather well. I think Ice Beam is a good choice to run right now, since Grass Knot really only stopped Gyarados? from stopping the sweep and they're all not that common right now unless I'm mistaken.

I would suggest running a Scizor over this Metagross. Scizor IMO will benefit this team since it isn't weak to ground, and because it has STAB U-Turn and that's always a great move to have. Superpower/U-turn/Pursuit/Bullet Punch is the moveset I'd reccomend. You won't really lose anything by making this switch, and you'll actually gain better type coverage from making this change. It's worth considering imo.

Next up is your Lucario, I would recommend that you don't run either Crunch nor Ice Punch but rather Stone Edge. The reasoning for this is, you'll be able to hit all the pokemon that commonly switch in harder on average than you normally would (Rotom/Salamence/Gyarados/Latias.) I'd also suggest that you run Jolly on this so you can outspeed and kill the neautral speed natured mences who can can and will trouble this team.

As for your Gyarados, right now I would suggest considering running Ice Fang over Stone Edge, because it seems that as of late a lot more Celebi/Latias have been switching into this guy opposed to Zapdos/Salamence/Gyarados. That's really the only reasoning behind making this change, but if Stone Edge is working than you have absolutely no reason to make said change! :D

Finally up is your Rotom! I have no idea what nature this guy is, so I can't tell you if those speed Ev's are necessary or not. I can't really suggest changing this set, since it seems all these moves are extremely vital to the teams performance. Since you really have no way to heal this pokemon, and he plays such a vital role to this team, maybe drop Metagross/Scizor for a Vaporeon or a Jirachi, someone who can wishpass to the rest of your team. I think an Ice Punching Jirachi with Wish could help your team out by handling Latias/Outrage Mence etc.

Well goodluck with the team, if this doesn't make complete sense just post with your comments/concerns and I'll get back to you. Good luck ^_^

~ SoT

Thanks for the awesome rate SoT.

I decided to change the lead and keep Metagross with a different set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)