Sorting Through the Creative Moveset Thread

Ok guys, we are about to continue the project of pruning through this thread and sorting the good sets from the bad. Here's how I intend for the process to go:

step 1: have a person sort through the whole thread to make the preliminary assessment and make two piles: the pile for sets that are absolutely beyond help, they're so crappy, and the sets that are already in the analysis / analysis workshop (not that not one person will do the whole step alone, and that part of it has already been completed). if it's got any idea at all behind it that may be good, put it in the viable pile, even if it's currently crap. semi-viable=viable as well.

STEP 1 COMPLETED!!!!

step 2: go into the crap pile and have a group of people (whoever helps to complete step 1 probably) decide together which sets we can throw away (the group consensus is needed incase someone put something in the crap pile without thinking, or something similar to that happened). all of these sets remaining in the crap pile will be deleted at the end of this step, in order to reduce clutter.

STEP 2 COMPLETED!!!!!

steps 3-5: these 3 steps took an unexpected turn, as many unviable sets in the viable piles were discovered and removed. in fact, most of the sets that are actually based on a good idea have been thought out enough by the posters to be perfectly fine and not need tweaking. many of these users provided explanations with their sets, and some even had damage calcs. If I mentioned names, I'd forget a few, but we thank these people for appreciating the true meaning of the thread and contributing as such. as for most of the other ones, there were very few that needed tweaking and weren't outclassed or based on a bad idea. originally we were supposed to sort through the crap that made it through, the tweakable stuff that made it through, and the perfect stuff that made it through. in the end, it turned out to be mostly crap and perfect stuff =/

STEPS 3-5 COMPLETED!!!!!

step 6: this is a step that I will partake of on my own. I will compile a thread with links to all the posts with the sets on them, much like the way the old analyses were, except with individual posts rather than whole threads, and possibly more than one link per pokemon. these will be done alphabetically or in pokedex order, depending on what the community wants. every month or so, the group will repeat the process in this thread, with new and old volunteers alike. If it's possible, I'd like the thread with all the links to the posts to be stickied once it's done, for easy access to everyone, since nobody will be posting there.

Step 6 is done.

finally done. we'll just use this thread whenever we need to redo this process.

I'll volunteer (hey, it beats real volunteer work). I'm pretty open-minded so I think I'd be good for this.

AIM screen name: falcokong57

So anyways, will the sets be posted in this thread? Or are we going to make something like a pastebin and post it there?

So anyways, will the sets be posted in this thread? Or are we going to make something like a pastebin and post it there?
we'll probably get on aim or msn or something, and when we're coming to a consensus, I'll probably read out a title and we'll take a very brief vote, or something like that. instant messaging is much faster.

edit: the times we'll be meeting will probably be posted on this thread, though I'll be pming it to everyone to find out when they can be on. this will probably be done over the course of june and maybe slightly into july. if step 1 is done within a week, that'd be good. after that, it's really just about getting everyone on at the same time.

eh, I already assigned everyone their pages to do, so that would be kinda hard, and 9 people in a chat room is chaotic enough when trying to make a decision. also, guys, we need to get this done ASAP, as I'm going to be going to Greece on the 10 of July, which will make communicating during the later steps very difficult. So, if you guys can get your stuff in by around the 29(ish), that'd be great. Just pm the piles to me.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ive sorted through my pages; i'm ready to chat; aims from everyone please

well guys, I'm still missing a few pages of piles, but I'm leaving soon to go to greece, and that will definately mess up communication. so, I've decided that we will start step 2 early, despite the fact that not all of step 1 has been completed. I am confident that step 1 will be complete before step 2, so the crap and viable piles that come in last can be added onto the end of step 2. this is a bump of sorts with the updated information. any objections to 9:00 P.M. EST tomorrow (june 28th) should be made soon. anyways, if you don't have an AIM account, make one and pm me it (I have cleared my inbox finally, so I have space!). I have yet to receive screennames from: Brawlex, Yagami Light. Well, I guess we'll do it without any of the people who don't show up. 9 people aren't needed for the sorting of the crap pile. Also, this is a post to say that progress has been made, and depending on how well we communicate, I could forsee this being done within (optimistically) the next week or two.

this is a bump of sorts, reminding those who have not turned in their sorted piles to do so and to let everyone know that progress has been made.

this will be the final bump before I start posting all of the sets with their explanations. I'd post the list of sets without the explanations, so everyone could see the compilation and all the progress that has been made, but it is so visually unappealling at the moment that I decided not to. On a happier note, great job everybody and thanks for helping! This project is almost done!

big edit: I need opinions! I'm not entirely sure how I should format these things. basically two questions, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

question 1: how should I format these, should I do it like a peer edit, or should I do it a different way? should I put all the html tags in hopes that some of these might one day be moved to the analyses?

question 2: how should I order this? would people prefer pokedex or alphabetical order (I'm talking about the thread with all the links here)? if done alphabetically should I do something like "metagross - icy wind" or "icy wind metagross?"

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
If you need help writing descriptions on the sets, feel free to PM me, as I'm gonna be bored as hell next week.

question 1: how should I format these, should I do it like a peer edit, or should I do it a different way? should I put all the html tags in hopes that some of these might one day be moved to the analyses?
I'd just put them in the peer edit format.
question 2: how should I order this? would people prefer pokedex or alphabetical order (I'm talking about the thread with all the links here)? if done alphabetically should I do something like "metagross - icy wind" or "icy wind metagross?"
Alphabetical order.
DP Insert Pokémon's Name - Insert Set Name

DP Metagross - Icy Wind

DP is just because thats what they put on the analysis. Isn't really necessary, so it's up to you to use it or not.

Metagross - Icy Wind

Metagross @ Life Orb
Nature: Naughty
Evs: 168 Atk/236 Spd/100 SAtk
- Meteor Mash
- Icy Wind
- HP fire
- Grass Knot / Explosion

Alright, this is an interesting set. The premise is that icy wind hits some of the common switch-ins to put them into KO range while at the same time slowing them down enough for metagross to outspeed and kill them. This spread will do around 33% minimum on yache berry garchomp, which means that the next icy wind will kill him. The speed evs make everything up to and including timid max speed gengar slower than metagross with -1 speed. Things like celebi and gliscor who try to outspeed, and thus outstall even ice punch metagross are not safe against this set. Meteor mash is the obvious STAB move and your main attack on this set, though other physical options are available if that's what your team calls for. HP fire is to hit skarmory and foretress, who are common switch-ins to metagross. The last slot depends on what you fear the most. If you find that your metagross is getting shut down by bulky waters, this metagross 2HKO's most of them, meaning they can't switch in. If there's a threat you just can't bring down with the rest of your team, or are you desiring to turn your 10% metagross into an extra KO, then pick explosion. Other physical options that aren't as noteworthy include thunderpunch and earthquake, but they aren't usually needed unless your is relying on metagross to take on a particular threat.

Honchkrow @ Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
Trait: Insomnia
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 6spd
-Sucker Punch
-HP Grass / HP Fire / HP Electric
-Drill Peck
-Whirlwind/Pursuit

This honchkrow is meant to be an anti-lead, and it has some good things going for it, like insomnia, usable offensive stats on both sides of the spectrum, and a pursuit resistance. Its movepools is also perfect for causing trouble for the common leads. Here are some examples.

Gengar-- Can't hypnosis, and is in big trouble against an opponent who can 1hko it with sucker punch, or kill it with pursuit if it runs.
Starmie-- Is in the same position as gengar
Breeloom-- Gets 1hko'd with drill peck, doesn't know whether or not it's faster (and even if it is has its own sash and stays in, will get killed by sucker punch even after surviving the initial drill peck), and can't put it to sleep.
Yanmega-- Can't put it to sleep, and will get 1hko'd by drill peck
Ninjask-- Can get ko'd by drill peck, or be whirlwinded away
Heracross-- Yeah, there's no way it can win
Tangrowth-- Has to rely on paralyse haxing, but probably loses, especially against hp fire
Swellow-- If you pick whirlwind, just blow it out as it protects. Otherwise, honchkrow can drill peck, survive with focus sash, and then spam sucker punch.
Outside of these, there are still others that Honchkrow can defeat, but only with proper hidden power, and possible need of prediction.
Salamence and Garchomp will either be killed by HP Ice, and even if they live, can't beat sucker punch. Swampert really hates HP Grass, while HP Fire can cause huge damage to steel leads and HP Electric gives some potential for dealing with gyara (though personally, I think that with intimidate, leftovers, and dragon dance thrown in the mix, it comes down to a matter of prediction between hidden powering twice or using sucker punch the second time.

With this ev spread, you can dish out a lot of damage from your attack stat that rivals heracross and your special attack stat that still breaks 300. With those paper-thin defenses, he's not going to survive much anyways, so you really have to put your faith in focus sash, as he's not breaking any speed record either.
In any case, this poke does need support from weather changers and rapid spinners because of its heavy dependance on focus sash . . . but you'd be suriprised at some of the ridiculous stuff it can pull off.
Well, there are some issue pokes here:
-Ambipom (ruined by fake out)
-Tyranitar
-Hippodon
-And of course, depending on the Hidden Power you picked, the others not covered could be potential problems.
Also, STAB sucker punch coming off of 383 attack is nothing to be scoffed at, and this kill stuff like machamp if he can get in.

Just thought I'd add in I edited my Sceptile set as the most recent post in the moveset thread itself; so if you're looking over that, check my most recent post too (it factors in what EVs can be used if using Expert Belt over Leftovers).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)