Something different! Updated!

Overview:

I was annoyed with all the Sleep spammers out there so I wanted to make a team where I could do that seeing as it might be the only chance I have of winning.

I also wanted the entire team to have red Pokémon such as Shiny Breloom and Chandelure to induce fear in my opponent as I can't see how I'm supposed to win a game of Pokémon by using Pokémon so I may aswell try other tactics. Although it did ended up red / pink team with a hint of green.

I started with Breloom and Chandelure but to make it easier lets pretend I started with Breloom:

The fastest Spore user. What else do you want?

Tailwind makes Breloom even faster so it can put everything to sleep.
Aerodactyl also has Taunt which gets rid of Trick Room, Thunder Wavers and other Sleepers. The fact that it's fast is also a bonus so it can set up Tailwind before dieing.

Fake out and Wide Guard make it easier to set up Spore and Tailwind so why not.

Earthquake misses Aerodactly. I can't actually remember why I put him in.
It was probably something to do with Normal Gem Explosion but I took Normal Gem off for Focus Sash because it died too much.

Nobody expects Explosion any more so Chandelure can switch in nicely.
It stops Trick Roomers and covers other Team Weakneses.

Stops other people's weather. Also Scarf Blizzard kill popular mons like Zapdos, Garchomp and Latios. It doesn't always need Tailwind. It's just a bonus.

I didn't find myself using Chandelure too much so I decided to drop it. Explosion + Protect works just as well. Also Scizor is more red than Chandelure so yay!

In depth stuff:

(Sand Force)
Adamant | Sitrus Berry
HP 4 | Atk 252 | Spd 252
Explosion | Earthquake | Rock Slide | Protect

Landorus is all about staying around for as long as possible, doing lots of damage and then blowing up.
It has Sitrus berry for durability so it can do more damage. The speed allows it to Explode before dieing.

(Unnerve)
Jolly | Focus Sash
HP 4 | Atk 252 | Speed 252
Rock Slide | Aerial Ace | Tailwind | Taunt

Unnerve it to stop possible Charti Berries. VGC battles don't last long enough to use Pressure.
Fastest Tailwinder in the game and it knows Taunt for stopping ever common Cresselias.
By losing out on the amazing Rock Gem Focus Sash allows it to survive and set up as it would otehrwise be OKHOed by Bullet Punch Scizor.

(Effect Spore)
Jolly | Coba Berry
HP 252 | Atk 4 | Speed 252
Spore | Drain Punch | Mach Punch | Protect

Coba Berry is to help it survive against flying attacks. Durability is important which is why there's 252 HP.
I wanted Tailwind over Choice Scarf because Tailwind is faster and it needs to be able to do some damage to save wasting time switching and if there's nothing to switch to I can't do anything.

(Technician)
Adamant | Flying Gem
HP 252 | Atk 252 | S.D 4
Bullet Punch | Bug Bite | Acrobatics | Protect
Bug Bite makes it easy for me to take out Cresselias. I know Acrobatics does more damage than it shoudl on Pokémon online but it's still useful as I don't have much else for taking out fighting types. Bullet Punch is good priority STAB.

(Intimidate)
Adamant | Eject Button
HP 252 | Atk 252 | Speed 4
Fake Out | Close Combat | Protect | Wide Guard

I don't think Eject Button is common but it helps recycle Fake Out and Intimidate.
Wide Guard is epic and with good predictablity renders my opponent useless.
With both Wide Guard and Fake Out it allows Breloom and Aerodactyl easy set-ups.
Close Combat is the strongest Fighting move it can get. The defense drops don't matter when it keeps Protecting and Ejecting.
Close Combat is strong enough to take out threats like Terrakion when there's an opening. Also it can still wear away significantly at Cresselias.
I chose it over Mach Punch as Breloom carries it already and I haven't got many high attackers so the strong BP is appreciated.

(Snow Warning)
Rash | Choice Scarf
HP 4 | S.A 252 | Speed 252
Blizzard | Wood Hammer | Giga Drain | Hidden Power Ground

As much as I dislike Choice Scarfed mons Abomasnow works well with it on my team.
Choice Scarf acts like Tailwind so it's always capable of making a mini-sweep.
I like getting up the hail as it helps finish off weak Pokes.
Wood Hammer is only there incase of Blisseys.
Giga Drain is nice against Rain Teams who will resist Blizzard. The constant recovery makes it more durable.
After much deliberation I chose hidden Power Ground as it helps to cover more types than any other Hidden Power. With HP Ground Abomasnow is no longer walled by Steel types.

I usually open Landorus and Aerodactyl.
I set up Tailwind.
When Landorus explodes or dies I send in Breloom.
Breloom gets help from whoever is there (usually hitmontop)

What should I add, take or change?
Suggestions for openings?

I didn't even know Landorous could LEARN Explosion O_o

However, your thread is probably going to get locked unless you add some descriptions; otherwise, after all, it's hard to rate without knowing more about how your team works. I'd shoot for 1-2 paragraphs per poke. Good luck!

I do detest to say so, but Sash just isn't a very good item for Landorus. He has good hp and pretty decent defenses. Especially in conjunction with Hp ev's, they sort of negate its original purpose. Maybe do 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Hp instead if you really want to keep the sash, or stick with your current set and run Yache. Breloom has horrid coverage as it is, I would recommend switching Drain or Mach for Seed Bomb

Because Landorus is carrying a Focus Sash, I would suggest moving those 252 HP EVs into speed to outpace maximum speed Salamence and Zapdos to name a few.

Breloom would benefit greatly from carrying a Coba Berry instead of Expert Belt. Breloom has a 4x weakness to Flying and Coba Berry would allow it to hopefully survive an Aerial Ace from Scizor or Acrobatics from Crobat or something. I'll have to do calcs later. I would also suggest using Seed Bomb instead of Mach Punch because Rain is very common and Seed Bomb not only provides a secondary STAB but it also dents common rain Pokemon.

Eject Button Hitmontop sounds like a good idea, however, Hitmontop will benefit more from using Fight Gem.

I would also suggest using Rash or Mild Abomasnow and using Hidden Power Electric or Fire or something instead of Ice Beam. Abomasnow won't be sticking around too long with it's low defenses and rarely will you want to use Ice Beam instead of Blizzard. Hidden Power allows for better type coverage.

Hope I helped any and good luck on your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)