Some political questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by cookie

I've been foiled by the European timezone once again; by the time I got around to reading the latest batch of posts in this goldmine of a thread, Dece1t had been re-congbanned, and thus I wouldn't be able to get answers to my burning questions if I posted them in that thread. However, I will not be deterred--I simply must know. So, Deceit, I ask with complete and utter sincerity:

1. What are your thoughts on Trump's refusal to condemn a white supremacist group, instead telling them to stand back and stand by?
2. Would it be also be immoral to wish death upon other fascist tyrants responsible for many others' deaths--I mean, people with different political opinions such as, say, Adolf Hitler?
3. Can you please explain how the idea of white privilege is really a masquerade for white supremacy?
4. Can you please explain how living in America means you cannot be oppressed?

Again, I am not trolling. I really want to know that Deceit thinks of these issues and I welcome the discussion that would ensue from his answer. Perhaps, through the all-important power of the communication of ideas, we may come to better understand each other.

Last edited:

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
fuck literally the one time i jump into the cesspool of a dece1t argument he gets banned at the time
personally i don't wish death upon trump, because falling to a disease out of bad luck isn't any form of justice. the guy's terrified of rotting in prison for the rest of his life if he loses the election and gets prosecuted for his collusion and treason, i think it'd be more fair for our legal system to judge him for his actions and find him innocent or guilty of such things rather than for him to just kick the bucket out of random chance. granted if him dying hurts the republican party's chances at reelection then i'd be more happy for the future of the country and everyone who's been/being fucked over him than anything, but i wouldn't exactly be happy to see him energize his base by dying a martyr and kill any chances americans would get to make their statement of rejecting him by officially voting him out. the potential of the future paths we could find ourselves going down are definitely very interesting, but whatever happens happens and i'm more interested in seeing the best possible situation play out for the american population at large than seeing how catching the disease affects one asshole's life.

"Some of you guys are really deplorable. I have my disagreements with Biden (many of them) and I think he's said and done some truly shitty things, but I would not ever wish ill will on him or really anyone. Some of y'all really need to put politics second for once. I'm really sorry, but that needs to be said. This sentiment is getting pretty toxic pretty quick."

it would really be nice if trump practiced what you preach

biden's keeping it classy and wishing him the best, and i absolutely respect that. it's not the obligation of american citizens who are directly suffering as a consequence of his leadership and/or personally insulted by the aggressively divisive rhetoric he puts out to rise above and be the bigger person to a president who treats them the way an elementary-school bully would. it's hard to genuinely believe that trump is entitled to any empathy when he's been so unable to give it to other people in the first place, and it really undercuts any moral highground you could have in attacking those who are just treating him the same way he's always been treating us. you know who should be expected to be the bigger person in the face of tragedies and the loss of human life? probably the fucking president.

bottom line, i like presidents who don't have covid.
dece1t if you're at all interested in responding to this i would in completely good faith be curious to hear what you have to say. i don't agree with your politics and don't care to retread such arguments that have happened dozens of times without me but i still think there's some value to be had in this kind of discussion of human empathy and hypocrisy.

approved by cookie

I've been foiled by the European timezone once again; by the time I got around to reading the latest batch of posts in this goldmine of a thread, Dece1t had been re-congbanned, and thus I wouldn't be able to get answers to my burning questions if I posted them in that thread. However, I will not be deterred--I simply must know. So, Deceit, I ask with complete and utter sincerity:

1. What are your thoughts on Trump's refusal to condemn a white supremacist group, instead telling them to stand back and stand by?
2. Would it be also be immoral to wish death upon other fascist tyrants responsible for many others' deaths--I mean, people with different political opinions such as, say, Adolf Hitler?
3. Can you please explain how the idea of white privilege is really a masquerade for white supremacy?
4. Can you please explain how living in America means you cannot be oppressed?

Again, I am not trolling. I really want to know that Deceit thinks of these issues and I welcome the discussion that would ensue from his answer. Perhaps, through the all-important power of the communication of ideas, we may come to better understand each other.
I'll respond on the basis that you don't be a jerk about it, i.e. call me racist, bigoted, etc. But you'll have my word that I will respond to you sincerely and with respect if you hold that end of the bargain.

I have work in a few, so I cant respond right away. I can probably tonight though. Other than that, I'm entirely for exchanging ideas. That's literally all I ever wanted lmao

Actually, one thing as a precursor. Would you label Ibram X Kendi as someone respecyable in the anti-racism/critical race theory movement? Aka, do you feel he is someone that can speak for it, or do you agree with his arguments on the matter?

I'll respond on the basis that you don't be a jerk about it, i.e. call me racist, bigoted, etc. But you'll have my word that I will respond to you sincerely and with respect if you hold that end of the bargain.
Yes
Actually, one thing as a precursor. Would you label Ibram X Kendi as someone respecyable in the anti-racism/critical race theory movement? Aka, do you feel he is someone that can speak for it, or do you agree with his arguments on the matter?
I'm unaware of this individual but I will do some research. In the meantime, would you mind responding to the originally posed questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)