Some Nasty Little Team with Many Weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first team set up.
I'm a huge nub/newb.
Help pl0x!
I mean, rate it and some suggestions, please?

My team:

Surprisingly, this team has worked well for me despite the many weaknesses and types they don't cover...

So, my logic process:

Zoroark for its illusion ability, ability to setup on the first turn for sweepiness and its STAB moves.HNGGGG sweeper.
Usually. Until someone switches out on me with that bug type move.
Forgot what it was called. U-Turn?
Zoroark (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Illusion
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

Then I added a Dusknoir to the last slot of my team, to exploit Zoroark's illusion ability.
This enables me to get some free turns, mainly setting up.
Psychic types will think they're facing a Duskie but in reality, they're attacking a resistant Zoro.
Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch

Clefable, how I love you. With your magic guard ability, stallers and hazard spammers will be confused as to why you're not taking damage from poison and spikes.
A wall with huge defense? No problem, fire blast it.
A wall with sp. def? Np. Double edge it, and since your magic guard ability prevents you from taking recoil,
and life orb doesn't take damage either, your attacks are win-win.
*Note* This is the pokemon I want to center my team around... but not sure how to do it, or if I should.
I usually send this pokemon out after Zoro dies.

Clefable (F) @ Life Orb Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Softboiled

Hngggg, Metagross. You and your bulkiness kills me.
I didn't really know what to do with you and ripped off some strategy off of this place. Scarf'd you so you'd be able to do something before some fire or ground type murders you.
You are the counter to Heatran when it's not on a balloon. You are my little wall, able to absorb the mighty tantrums of the dragons.
And, since you're so trashy, I equipped you with explosion and physical attacks. :3
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Explosion

I hate you, you worthless slob. You never do anything right. But hey, you're OU for a reason, right?
I chose you for the versatile things you're able to do. I use you multiscale to set up dragon dance,
but since there are so many entry hazards, this fails :c
So! You're my second suicidal bomber. Unleash the cupcakes!
Dragonite (F) @ Life Orb Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 124 HP / 132 Def / 124 SDef / 128 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

I don't get why this pig is on my team. Really.
I need suggestions on this; I only use it for its STAB moves and Wild Charge in case I need to eat a water type.
Usually I'm able to use Flame Charge to boost its speed to eat a water type... but ugh.
Whatever, it fails to ohko most of the time. Stupid pig.
Emboar (M) @ Expert Belt Trait: Blaze
EVs: 180 HP / 100 Atk / 228 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- Flame Charge
- Brick Break
- Wild Charge

Finally, the crappy conclusion to a crappy team. The end.

The following list is how my team is arranged. However, I rearrange the poke so that dusknoir is last, and zoro is first.
Clefable (F) @ Life Orb Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Softboiled
Dragonite (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 124 HP / 132 Def / 124 SDef / 128 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
Zoroark (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
Emboar (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 180 HP / 100 Atk / 228 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- Flame Charge
- Brick Break
- Wild Charge
Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch
Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Explosion

For your Dnite, multiscale will be broken as soon as you attack, making it essentially useless... try using leftovers. also, zoroark has terrible defenses, so it's unlikely it will survive more than one hit. try running a focus sash on it instead, to get one turn of guaranteed attack

For your Dnite, multiscale will be broken as soon as you attack, making it essentially useless... try using leftovers. also, zoroark has terrible defenses, so it's unlikely it will survive more than one hit. try running a focus sash on it instead, to get one turn of guaranteed attack
Its speed is good enough to get in a dark pulse and a possible flinch. A nasty plot will almost guarantee a OHKO if not a 2hko. I don't run that frequently into pokemon that will OHKO a zoroark. Besides nasty U-turners.
For Dnite, I'm thinking of changing it to another pokemon.

But thanks for the suggestions! I'll think about it :3

U-Turn is bug not grass =/

If you like having a Fire/Fighting type, why not Infernape instead of Emboar? Infernape is faster and has better SpA, making it a better wallbreaker IMO. The monkey has a lot of versitality, but one set I might recommend is:

Infernape@ Life Orb
Naive/Hasty

~ Overheat
~ Close Combat
~ Grass Knot/U-Turn
~ Stone Edge/Mach Punch

Copied right from the analysis, but the set works. I personally prefer U-Turn to Grass Knot, but your team looks like bulky waters are a problem, so I'd go with GK to hit them.
The final slot is up to you; Stones Edge gives better all around coverage, but Mach Punch lets you revenge kill some stuff, such as a Rock Polish Terrakion.

I don't have time for a full team rate, but this team, if you keep it, needs a MASSIVE overhaul. If you feel like starting from scratch again, or just need some advice PM me, ok? I'll be glad to help =)

U-Turn is bug not grass =/
Woops, my mistake. But wow, you read everything. :s
If you like having a Fire/Fighting type, why not Infernape instead of Emboar? Infernape is faster and has better SpA, making it a better wallbreaker IMO. The monkey has a lot of versitality, but one set I might recommend is:

Infernape@ Life Orb
Naive/Hasty

~ Overheat
~ Close Combat
~ Grass Knot/U-Turn
~ Stone Edge/Mach Punch

Copied right from the analysis, but the set works. I personally prefer U-Turn to Grass Knot, but your team looks like bulky waters are a problem, so I'd go with GK to hit them.
The final slot is up to you; Stones Edge gives better all around coverage, but Mach Punch lets you revenge kill some stuff, such as a Rock Polish Terrakion.

I don't have time for a full team rate, but this team, if you keep it, needs a MASSIVE overhaul. If you feel like starting from scratch again, or just need some advice PM me, ok? I'll be glad to help =)
Ouch, I felt a little hit in my gut when I read massive. But I do appreciate the advice; I'll take you up on your offer if I ever get the time.

Thanks~ :3

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.
You need to put more effort into your descriptions. Check out the RMT archive to see the kind of detail we are looking for. PM me the changes and I'll unlock this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)