Solid, but Latias kills it... [Suspect/OU RMT]

I've been using this team for a long time, but every time I've tried to use it against a new threat, I get demolished. So, I came here to fix it up yet again...

This time, the main issue is Latias. I also have a problem with Cresselia. Please help as much as you can...

All of those Calm Mind Latias sets can set up with no problem outside of Vaporeon's Haze... After a quick 2HKO, they just start using Calm Mind again...

Cresselia also manages to pull off the same stunt...

I'm especially worried due to the fact that Latias will be OU soon. Everyone else seems to find it underwhelming...

Graphix v2 the PORYGON-Z @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
Nature: Hasty
IVs:
14/13/0/30/6/24
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Tri-Attack
-Dark Pulse

My lead. This is the basic Special Sweeper set for it as you may know... and for the third time, this pokemon is there to hit stuff... Choice Scarf to make up for its bad Base Speed and max itself above 400, all of the moves get nice coverage...

VAPOREON @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
IVs: 30/8/12/31/31/30
EVs: 192 HP, 254 Defense, 64 Special Attack
-Surf
-Toxic
-Haze
-Wish

Vaporeon was added to counter the team's only weakness... only testing will tell me if this will be effective... The EV Spread was chenged a bit for Maximum Leftovers recovery (the IV was only 30, so yeah...). Haze stops stat-boosters in their tracks.

SWAMPERT @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Nature: Brave
IVs: 30/31/23/31/31/24
EVs: 240 HP, 216 Defense, 54 Special Attack
-EarthQuake
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Stealth Rock

It's MixPert. It sets up Stealth rock, counters dragons, OHKOs stuff, and wins games. There really isn't much to explain here...

Glider the GLISCOR @ Leftovers
Trait: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Impish
IVs: 23/30/24/1/23/31
EVs:
212 HP, 12 Attack, 70 Defense, 216 Speed
-Aerial Ace
-
Swords Dance
-Roost
-Earthquake

Click Here! EVs were fixed to make up for the IVs...

INFERNAPE @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
Nature: Naive
IVs: 26/31/18/31/19/31
EVs: 120 Attack, 196 Special Attack, 192 Speed
-ThunderPunch
-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot

All-Out Mixed Sweeper Infernape... It's there for the hits it will dish out... you may have noticed that it has both ThunderPunch and Grass Knot, that's so ThunderPunch can get a nice hit on the lighter of the water types and most flying types will feel the pain too, obviously that makes Grass Knot's sole purpose for hitting the generic heavier pokemon that don't resist it... Vaporeon is no longer a safe wall against it... The EVs OHKO Gyarados 2/3 of the time with Stealth Rock up, and outspeed base 100s. Note that the moveset hits all OUs for at least neutral damage. If Latias gets in OU, this will no longer be the case. However, it usually outspeeds me anyways...

Spike the LUCARIO @ Choice Specs
Trait: Inner Focus
Nature: Rash
IVs: 23/31/9/31/31/23
EVs: 6 Defense, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
-Aura Sphere
-Vacuum Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Dragon Pulse

Lucario is wearing its awesome shades to give it loads more offensive power, Fighting/Ghost is an unresisted combo, Dragon Pulse for anything else... Specs Vacuum Wave can actually be very deadly...

Hey

So this team lacks a few things, but nothing a good rate can't fix.

I would change out porygon-z for swampert as your lead because porygon is meant to be a revenge killer and you shouldn't reveal your revenge killers early. Also swampert can get up rocks early which is essential in the current metagame.

To remedy your cmer problem, I would switch haze for roar on vaporeon. This is a more complete solution to the problem, as haze will only remove the boosts not get rid of the threat.

You also have no physical offensive threat, so blissey can wall most of your team. By most I mean everyone besides mixape and maybe lucario. Since ape is frail, it will not be able to keep coming in on blissey's para or toxic. I would suggest changing your lucario to an SD set that can come in and set up on blissey.

I would also then change your gliscor to either the speed passing set or the standard wall. You could dish out some speed to some of your sweepers and then they could sweep more effectively. Or you could have a more solid wall against physical attackers.

Overall, 6/10 just keep testing and changing things and hopefully my rate helped.

-chaos 9

I actually have a few questions before I change anything...

Hey

So this team lacks a few things, but nothing a good rate can't fix.

I would change out porygon-z for swampert as your lead because porygon is meant to be a revenge killer and you shouldn't reveal your revenge killers early. Also swampert can get up rocks early which is essential in the current metagame.

Wouldn't I just get taunted? Also, Porygon-Z manages to play around with the opponent's head. They usually taunt me, expecting NP or Agility, allowing the 2HKO. This isn't particularily important, but I'm just throwing that out there since it happens a lot.

To remedy your cmer problem, I would switch haze for roar on vaporeon. This is a more complete solution to the problem, as haze will only remove the boosts not get rid of the threat.

You also have no physical offensive threat, so blissey can wall most of your team. By most I mean everyone besides mixape and maybe lucario. Since ape is frail, it will not be able to keep coming in on blissey's para or toxic. I would suggest changing your lucario to an SD set that can come in and set up on blissey.

I thought my Gliscor was my Physical threat... I have a simpler question here, what would Lucario do for me that Gliscor can't?

I would also then change your gliscor to either the speed passing set or the standard wall. You could dish out some speed to some of your sweepers and then they could sweep more effectively. Or you could have a more solid wall against physical attackers.

I have a problem with some of these statements. Firstly, the Gliscor set was made to be powerful, without compromising its defensive prowess. Also, in most cases, the extra speed won't help. Most things that my sweepers can't take will just take a small blow and KO anyways... Not to mention that all other threats to my team are slower than the sweepers...

Overall, 6/10 just keep testing and changing things and hopefully my rate helped.

-chaos 9

Yeah, I just need those answered... Thanks for the help!

Rules said:
7. Bumping. If your team is interesting enough to comment on, people will do it for you. If no one at all comments on your RMT for around 24 hours, feel free to bump it. After you have bumped your thread once, or after it has been inactive for two weeks, do not bump it again unless you are making significant changes. "Stealth Bumps" will not be tolerated. Moderators and Administrators can see your deleted posts, so do yourself and us a favor and don't even attempt this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)