Solar Demolition (Rank #202) Helped needed.

This happens to be my second RMT and I many month's of experience with the RU tier. Have devised this team for the RU challenge Weather edition and I would say that this team will need some tweaking but it also has some strong points and that's were you guys come in now lets move onto the team.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Heat Rock
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Rock Slide

Alright lets start with the lead of this team and gas to the engine. The point of this Aerodactyl set is obviously to set up the sun. Heat rock is necessary for this team to function and sunny day always starts the team deathtrap. Taunt is there to shutdown opposing leads such as Uxie, other Aero's and Crustle but more often than not I will always go for the sun first. Stealth rock is always a great move to have Moltres and other SR weak pokes. Rock slide is just a filler and is always good for Life orb Motres and opposing Aero leads. Once the sun is up though it all goes downhill for the opponent.

Ivysaur (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Growth
- SolarBeam
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Just the same as the well known Venesaur set this is the most underrated Pokemon in RU boosting strong defenses enough to take one hit. Once Aero switches or dies I almost always switch to this lil beast. Already boosting a solid 258 Special attack and with Growth and Chlorophyll boosts the base 239 speed and reaches over 450 outspeeding every poke that is not scarfed. Once the growth is up very few things can switch in on ivysaur. The most notable check is forcing ivy to go for the solarbeam and magneton can switch in other than that I see no flaws in this beast.

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Overheat
- Stone Edge

Wow another powerhouse this is ridiculous oh well lets move on, this is the standard CB Entei par the Overheat rather than HP grass but in the sun this thing this an amazing wall breaker. Very few things can take on a sun boosted CB flareblitz most notable being defensive physically defensive munchlax, omastar and kabutops or flash fire pokes though they will be fearing the stone edge. The Espeed is also essential to many revenge kills so keeping entei is alive is probably the most important goal for this team and that's where HitmonBro comes in.

Hitmonchan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
- Sunny Day
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Another custom set is there to Rapid spin and give us some sunshine. I have explained why sunny day is there already so no explanation required. Mach punch in combo with a 309 Atk stat and stab is great for damage and priority. Ice punch and thunderpunch are a fillers but they both serve their purposes to hit pokes mach punch cant but personally I prefer icepunch so rotom can't sub on me. Rapid spin is a necessity so entei can come in and do as much damage with flare blitz.

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Ice Beam
- Scald

Also a key player in the success of this team as setting up the sun has its negatives, such as scarfed moltres and typhlosion. But omastar can put a great stop to that and even if it dies to a predicted HP grass ivysaur can come in again and setup. Toxic is always a reliable move often used to take down notable walls to this team such as Slowking. Spikes is always a great support move and forces rapid spinners to switch in or just straight up dealing damage. Hidden power rock is great move to OHKO out moltres and typhlosion or also serves as dual stab. Ice beam is a more preferable option as it stops grass types and mandibuzz. Sceptile and tangrowth are preferable switches into omastar so ice beam will keep them at bay but HP rock has it's uses so the option is your choice. Scald is the last move I chose as it can burn incoming threats or walls and with stab and 266 special attack will deal some notable damage to neutral damage pokes. Omastar is essential so as long as opposing fire pokes are alive this guy needs to be there.

Rotom @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

The notorious spin blocker, but seriously this guy wrecks teams. This standard set is a great switch in for Hitmonchan and other fighting pokes but it also a great addition to the team. Thunderbolt hits almost everything on opposing teams next to ground types or defensive grass types but shadow ball can deal with them. Life orb can rack up with subs but pain split brings back that lost HP and keeps Rotom alive. I usually keep this guy for late game but with great speed and SP atk sweeping is easy for Rotom. Only notable walls to Rotom are Sawsbuck and Steelix but Ivysaur and Entei can deal with those two.

Finally this team has its flaws and that's where I need the help. Unburden Hitmonlee destroys this team after rotom is dead. And Omastar has troubles with Rapidash and Emboar. Unburden sceptile can also wreck this team but is easy enough to play around but at least one poke will go down. Trick room Cofag also has it's threats but preventing the trickroom in combo with nasty plot by switching in on the trick room with entei or ivy can deal with it easy enough.

Importable
Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Overheat
- Stone Edge

Aerodactyl (M) @ Heat Rock
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Rock Slide

Ivysaur (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Chlorophyll
- Growth
- SolarBeam
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Scald

Hitmonchan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
- Sunny Day
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Rotom @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

you should really change overheat on entei to iron head or another physical move because you have a adamant nature (-SpAtk) and a choice band. Overheat is avery bad move for that set/

Automatic props for the use of Ivysaur. The one major flaw I can see is a lack of weather inducers. A strong weather team should have, ideally, 3-4 inducers. For starters, Aerodactyl (I'm assuming, since that's what they usually are and the way you described it made it seem as such) is a suicide lead. In other words, within the first few turns of the match, while you may have sun, you're down to 5 pokemon and only 1 inducer right off the bat. And the inducer doesn't have any reliable recovery. Yeah, not very fun, I imagine. On Rotom, I'd reccomend replacing either thunderbolt or shadowball with Sunny Day. If you don't mind losing an SE attack against OTR Cofag, lose shadowball. If you don't want to give electric absorbers a free switchin, lose thunderbolt. Again, your choice.

To start things off, you said you had problems with unburden hitmonlee once rotom is dead. To that end, I suggest improving rotom's longevity by changing life orb to chesto berry and pain split to rest. This will help rotom stay healthier longer, and even after the chesto is gone, you can lessen the impact of the two turns of sleep if you have a substitute up. You can replace either substitute or pain split with rest. If you replace pain split, I would keep substitute or use sunny day in place of substitute. If you replace substitute with rest, I would replace pain split with will-o-wisp or sunny day. Either way, keeping both thunderbolt and shadow ball are essential for hurting a variety of threats, thus ensuring that your rotom doesn't become complete set up bait when it's awake. If you decide to keep the current set, changing life orb to leftovers will keep rotom alive longer.

I would also suggest replacing scald on omastar with ice beam and making his attacking moves hp rock and ice beam. You specifically chose him as a check to fire type pokemon in general. Hp rock will help with this goal by providing consistent damage even in the sun, and ice beam will punish grass types that switch in to him. This will help those grass types die sooner, keeping omastar around longer to murder hapless fire types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)