I Lift (Heracross) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

My new favourite thing, Sub Heracross. The destruction this thing causes is ridiculous. Nearly everyone will be expecting a choiced item, allowing you to set up a substitute as they switch or protect. With the type coverage and raw power of heracross, usually at least one pokemon will have to die to free heracross up for the revenge kill. I run moxie as guts is unneccessary being behind a sub majority of the time. EV's are standard max speed max attack with an adamant nature to achieve 2hko's more often on certain pokes.

I've tested This same Heracross set with reduced speed and added bulk, however im not certain if it was more effective or what Heracross should speed creep on.

Bloom (Shaymin) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SAtk / 24 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash

Sub seed Shaymin, this thing is great and breaking stall and wearing down troublesome walls. Most defensive pokemon will fail to break your substitute allowing you to start wearing away at them with leech seed or seriously dent them with seed flare and it's secondary effect. Air slash is used in the fnal slot allowing you to hit grass types that are immune to leech seed super effectively and to OHKO Heracross. I prefer to run max sp atk over max speed, as the extra power is appreciated and it means standard Bronzong can't break your subs with gyro ball, and it also means that fast pokemon that u turn against will have their incoming pokemon crippled by leech seed. I also run 0 atk IV's so Umbreons foul play can't break the sub. The 24 Speed EV's allow me to outspeed standard Honchkrow.

Laxi (Snorlax) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 112 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Crunch

Snorlax is the teams main special wall, able to easily sponge attacks from the likes of Raikou and Nidoking with ease. Snorlax's Thick fat ability allows it to switch into the likes of Chandelure + and Rotom-h with impunity, however it must be wary of trick. Moves are standard with rest and sleep talk for recovery, body slam for a decently powerful move with a nice chance to cripple pokemon with paralysis, and Crunch to touch ghost types. Ev's allow me to survive a plethora of special attacks whilst being able to hit back hard with body slam.

I considered pursuit over crunch, to trap the chandelures i wall, however i found crunch to be generally more useful and reliable

Dark Knight (Gligar) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Gligar is the team's stealth rocker and defensive wall. I added Gligar as i needed a solid answer to Heracross and other fighting types, and just a generally solid physical wall. Moves are all standard apart from U-Turn, i like to run U-Turn to maintain momentum after hard countering a poke, and to easily gain the advantage against teams with a Xatu.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
- Foresight
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

Blastoise was put on this team for one reason, to spin. It's ability to spin away rocks is appreciated by the whole team, as none of them resist rocks, but is especially appreciated by Zapdos. It is also essntial for keeping the field clear of toxic spikes which can completely shut down heracross and Shaymin as they both rely on their substitutes for their effectiveness and can't afford to set up subs whilst their already being worn down by toxic. Outside of Spinning, Blastoise is useful for being a bulky pivot against pokes like darmanitan, burning things with scald and phazing out troublesome pokes. A modest nature allows Toise to OHKO Chandelure with scald after rocks, something that is often switched in to spinblock.

SkyBolt (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 56 SAtk / 180 SDef / 24 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I previously had Yanmega in this slot as a late game sweeper, however this gave me to big a weakness to flying types. I decided instead to add Zapdos to better deal with the likes of Togekiss and Shaymin. Roost is mandatory as i may not always be able to spin away rocks and Zapdos has good bulk, and the other moves are standard for super effective coverage.

I have been strongly considering adding volt switch onto this set somewhere, however i'm not certain what move to give up, as it would allow me to gain momentum against the likes of Snorlax and Umbreon that like to switch in, and form a Volt-Turn core with Gligar.

Threats/Problems

Life orb Mienshao can be a big threat to this team, especially if it is running HP Ice.

Life Orb Darmanitan can also be a Humongous threat once Blastoise is taken down, being able to easily OHKO the rest of the team, and 2HKO Gligar.

Lacking speed/ a solid revenge killer can often be troublesome.

Don't hold back with your criticism :P

Importable
Laxi (Snorlax) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 112 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Crunch

Dark Knight (Gligar) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- U-turn
- Earthquake

SkyBolt (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 56 SAtk / 180 SDef / 24 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I Lift (Heracross) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Bloom (Shaymin) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SAtk / 24 Spd
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
- Foresight
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

To be honest I don't think your Snorlax contributes anything to your team, and could be pretty easily set up on. To be honest I think your team lacks speed and needs a scarfer, I recommend Chandelure, as its a great revenge killer and gives your team better coverage.

You said your team would have a weakness to flying attacks if you had Yanmega instead of Zapdos, but flying type moves are alomst nonexistant in UU. Yanmega also rips Shaymin apart. The weakness to SR is true, especially since you said hes your late game sweeper, so theyll most likely have rocks set up by then. I would personally recommend Yanmega because mose things have low hp late game, so only 1 switch in is necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)