so, in a speed based metagame, trick room would screw a lot of teams over, right?

I was just wondering if you knew what you were doing?

For example, Psychic would not hurt Gyarados -that- much, and as if it's starting to DD, Taunt will screw the shit out of Bronzong too.

Or for the fact that if you U-Turn on a Tyranitar and it Pursuits, you are pretty much automatically 100% dead. No questions about it.

Then the fact that you think U-Turn is SE on Breloom, which could be questionable towards your knowledge.

Or the fact that Hidden Power Ice does next to nothing to Togekiss, with it's massive Special Defense, and to a slightly lesser extent, Zapdos, who both can just repeatedly Roost off.

And let's not forget that you assume no one uses Heatran on a Hail team, but when in fact is probably more popular on Hail teams than most Ice types sans Weavile, Abomasnow itself as well as Weavile.

Now we move on the strategy of the team, you have a Trick Roomer, and roughly -one- slow Pokemon to take advantage of that. Would you want to have Trick Roomed then have any of the other 4 Pokes come out, who are all at a major serious disadvantage with Trick Room out and about?

-This is not to mention the fact that you don't have any actual counters to a team with an purpose. For example, Skarmory and Tentacruel can easily get around on some Pokes and just set up their respective Spikes, regardless of if you can hit them hard or not, since they'll be in on the things that -can't- hit them hard.

Which brings to the next point if you knew what a counter was. I'd like to think a counter is something that can switch in. Like Tyranitar for an instance, if you Psychic against it on a switch in, you're now dead if it Pursuits. OR, who's going to be taking the Choice Banded Crunch? Or other random Life Orb moves that could equally hit everything hard?

Like another thing, Wailord cannot come in on Salamence. NOTHING, can come in on Salamence, meaning you're going to let one thing die at a time, as a Salamence alone has more firepower than your team can imagine to impose on the other team, most likely.

But enough on the weaknesses, cause you have a weakness to most of the things you listed, which is quite ironic. But anyhoo, you might want an understanding of Pokemons and waht they can do. Suicune can't take a hit? Do you realize that without a Swords Dance, Kabutops takes roughly anywhere from 4 to 5 hits to kill it? Not to mention if it's not Calm Minding and Surfing you at it? Or for another thing, Lucario carries Swords Dance+Extremespeed, no Scarf Azelf will help you against that, and in turn, Lucario will 6-0 you.

And finally, you don't even take into consideration of what other possible sets could be. Weavile is a prime example here, it can just simply be a Swords Dancing one and pick off a member by member.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
if you want item sprites go to serebii.

Dragonite might want yache berry, so he doesnt get murdered by a scarf revenge killer.

So you're running a Trick Room-Rain Dance team with a Choice Scarf Pokémon and a DDer?

Overall Summary
So basically, I set up rain and, if possible, trick room. I let my sweepers run rampant, while revenge killing with azelf or a swift swimmer. Under trick room, Wailord can take out lots of pokemon, and then he can still kill a few without it using his great hp to take a hit and then dish one back (surf, not water spout). This team can function with or without trick room, which is one of the things I like about it. After all is said and done, ddnite does a good job of picking up the scraps that remain.
How do your sweepers run rampant and how does Azelf revenge kill in a Trick Room? I see 0% synergy in this team, and most of your Pokémon work against eachother. Trick Room with a Choice Scarfer? Rain Dance when your revenge killer has Fire Blast? Pick a team theme, and stick with it.

i think you should change your team to only trick room or only rain dance it takes to much setup to have both of them up at all times

*facepalm* well, it was around midnight after a long day when I made this. I'm going to have to start from scratch...just ignore this and let it die
=[

edit: pika, did you not read my post deliberately asking people to let this die? why'd you post?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)