So do you guys ever just have random Wi-FI matches?

I've searched through these forums and I've failed to find a [stickied] topic about this sort of thing.

I've been in an MKDS mood lately... so if a any of you guys would want to get together in like an hour or so, maybe we could have a mini MKDS "tourney". And if this sort of stuff became popular around here that'd be pretty sick. :toast:

FC is 425305 355983 for Mario Kart btw.

My love for Mario Kart faded as snaking took over the racing circuit. Now its nearly mandatory or you lose terribly. If snaking were abolished in these kinds of races here I would join in a heartbeat. Sounds like a fun idea but just finding time when everyones on at the same time is just a hassle.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My love for Mario Kart faded as snaking took over the racing circuit. Now its nearly mandatory or you lose terribly. If snaking were abolished in these kinds of races here I would join in a heartbeat. Sounds like a fun idea but just finding time when everyones on at the same time is just a hassle.
Opposite hear. My love for Mario Kart faded when I realized hardly anyone online snaked, Rivals didn't work, and connecting to friends had the same chance of happening as hell freezing over. The crappy friends list limit didn't help.

Agreed. Mario Kart 64 is he best Mario Kart game to date, or perhaps Double Dash.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreed. Mario Kart 64 is he best Mario Kart game to date, or perhaps Double Dash.
How did that have anything to do with his post? >_>

Mario Kart DS is better than Mario Kart 64 + Double Dash combined imo. Double Dash is my least favourite Mario Kart game. Although I haven't spent much time with Super Circuit.

The Wii version should be great. 12 player online mode.

I just wonder how that wheel will play, sensitivity wise, and if there will be power sliding. And whats with the beef on Double Dash, I thought it was quite fun, definitely full of mayhem and had a lot of variety.

I used to play Mario Kart DS Wifi alot. I was actually really good at it too, managing to hold my own against the people considered to be pros back then. I eventually lost interest.

Sucked ass at MPH though, and I still do. Way too unbalanced anyway, and there's too many glitches and hackers. :( I'll still play a match or two every once in a while on it, but I've given up Mario Kart completely, until Mario Kart Wii of course.

I used to play Mario Kart DS Wifi alot. I was actually really good at it too, managing to hold my own against the people considered to be pros back then. I eventually lost interest.
Quoted for... uh, me feeling the exact same way.

I also got MP:H, and enjoyed it for about a year and a half before growing tired of it despite being able to hold my own against most pros on a good day. On random though, 50% of the time there is an AR user (even moreso now, Random is a joke) and the whole thing was like a stupid "make the most kills" melee thing so people playing Sylux or Trace could jump in, score an OHKO with Tribomb/headshot (well, near OHKO in Sylux's case), and then run for the rest of the match. Same with people playing as Samus and spamming the fucking Morph Ball to death, except you CAN'T catch those fuckers. Stupid shit was stupid. Also people disconnecting was really a tremendous piss-off. Nintendo should learn that the only way to deal with disconnectors is to ban... uh, somehow.

Since those two games, I haven't gotten one that's online enabled though I'm greatly looking forward to Brawl (which I will never tire of) as well as Mario Kart and Battalion Wars 2. In terms of DS games I'll probably start playing Zelda: PH once I get it, as well as the Fire Emblem 11's online mode, whatever it may be.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i was hardcore into animal crossing and diddy kong racing wifi when those games came out, but dont really play either anymore. MK:DS i played like 30 matches ever, winning many, even though i didnt snake and most people did. Snaking is incredibly overrated. All you really need to do is drift boost on turns with perfection.

Similar situation here.

I used to play mkds quite frequently, and often participated in tournies, where I raced those who were considered "the best" of the day. As I started to have less time to practice, I started falling behind, and it was just too much to keep up anymore. I quit a little after PRB was found.

But, I'm still always up for a match. The game is and probably always will be quite fun to me. I just don't have the time anymore to compete on the highest level, and I doubt I could sub 1:22 right now if I tried playing f8c. So yeah, if anyone ever wants to race, and doesn't mind facing a snaker, feel free to PM me to set up a match.

I was pretty hardcore in mkds back when it first came out for about 6-7 months, then it got kind of boring... random people have no sportsmanship at all and always disconnect as soon as I play, and friend matches are almost impossible to set up

plus I was on Nsider (lol) and they didn't let you share friend codes... I mean everybody did via pms but it didn't help things along

I'm still kind of decent though, like I played my old friends a couple months ago and didn't lose by that much, I just get tired really easily from snaking

Wi-fi games usually don't hold my interest for more than a month. The only exception was Jump! Ultimate Stars which managed two months until everybody started spamming the big 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)