Project Snow's Team Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard of your exploits with Miltank one of my favorite pokemon and would like to see what you can do with it. There's teams full of creativity and innovation here, so well done here! I have a bundle of other ideas I'd like to share such as Octillery trick room but Miltank takes priority over the rest c:

Can you try to make a torterra team? I know the pokemon is the definition of ass, but ive seen what you've done with some of these pokemon and i think that somebody like you can pull it off. I'm pretty sure that i have negative creativity if thats possible as ive tried to make this team many a time.
Thanks ahead of time if you decide to try this! (don't blame you tho if its not possible)

Can you try to build me a mega tyranitar + stoutland sand team? I've been experimenting with stoutland for a while and I've made a few teams but they haven't done too well. Wanna see what you can do :]

Last edited:
Hey SnowCristal! I'm actually new to Smogon and see that you are pretty creative when it comes to team-building. Would you mind attempting to make a fun/solid team involving something underrated but kind of difficult to build around?

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Ice Shard

I've been trying to use a Cloyster set that is great to wear down really defensive water type pokemons like Azumarill, Keldeo, manaphy, etc. so that another Set-up sweeper that appreciates theses guys gone in order to take the game away. You don't have to use this moveset if you want, you can even use it as a seperate sweeper of your own! I've been having problems with building around this so let's see if you can help me out with it! Thanks SnowCristal!

Hey SnowCristal! I'm actually new to Smogon and see that you are pretty creative when it comes to team-building. Would you mind attempting to make a fun/solid team involving something underrated but kind of difficult to build around?

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Ice Shard

I've been trying to use a Cloyster set that is great to wear down really defensive water type pokemons like Azumarill, Keldeo, manaphy, etc. so that another Set-up sweeper that appreciates theses guys gone in order to take the game away. You don't have to use this moveset if you want, you can even use it as a seperate sweeper of your own! I've been having problems with building around this so let's see if you can help me out with it! Thanks SnowCristal!
cloyster if I'm right runs rock blast so waters don't wall it so might wnna change that

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Cloyster is recommended to run Rock Blast | Icicle Spear | Shell Smash | Razor Shell / Hydro Pump / Ice Shard with a Naughty or Naive nature (Naive lets you bet Scarfed base 110s). Item is your choice between Lum, Life Orb, or King's Rock (you have like a 40% chance to flinch or something with the multi-hit moves it's legit).

cloyster if I'm right runs rock blast so waters don't wall it so might wnna change that
Well, main reason why I'm not running Rock Blast over Razor Shell or Ice Shard is because most cloyster sets can't really kill a common Heatran without Razor Shell, and Ice Shard is very nice priority to use in case I don't get a Shell Smash off like Scarf Landorus-Therian, Tornadus-Therian, Thundurus, Garchomp, Weakened Serperior, and so forth. Rock Blast is indeed an option though, so thanks for reminding me about that.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you can't get a Shell Smash off Cloyster is pretty worthless anyway. Rock Blast's coverage is too valuable to give up, and you can afford to not run Ice Shard if you run Lum Berry for Thundurus.

Hey snowcristal, I absolutely adore your teambuilding style and the way you innovate and make successful teams out of these innovations on a daily basis. I would like to suggest a CurseLax team for OU as it is a really cool defensive wincondition that is very good in UU and I would love to see you make it work in OU. If you aren't familliar with the set here it is.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

EVs are open for customisation

Hi Snowcristal, I'm fairly new to competitive and the art of teambuilding so I'm wondering if you could build around OTR Slowking? Thanks if you do, I've been struggling with this for a while.

Here is the set with the post I saw it in from the creative sets thread.

I wanted to post this set so much that I made a team and found good battlers on Showdown to do so.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room

I used Nasty Plot Trick Room Slowking extensively in BW OU because it handled rain expertly well and punished fast, offensive teams at literally no cost. It took a bit of a dive down in XY OU, but with the way the ORAS OU metagame is unfolding, I found that its effectiveness is definitely something to talk about. It can currently check 3 omnipresent threats--Keldeo, Landorus, and Mega Metagross--with relative ease. The beauty of the NP TR set is that it turns what would be a tank Slowking into an offensive threat that teams find themselves struggling to handle. In a way, this set is able to play 2 roles: pivot tank and sweeper/cleaner. It requires practically no support and keeps its longevity through Regenerator. When it's not sweeping under Trick Room, Slowking wears down its own checks with Scald burns (ban Scald). Another great aspect of this set is simply its surprise value. Most Slowking sets aren't very threatening offensively, so defensive Pokemon who can hardly touch Slowking tend to come in to absorb status or scout for coverage moves. That's when you can hit them with a couple Nasty Plots and then a Trick Room. I've found that while laddering, people have an "oh shit" moment whenever I click Trick Room because they expected to easily revenge kill Slowking after they sack something. And because Slowking is naturally bulky, you can feign a defensive set throughout games by using it as a pivot and spamming scald until you can sweep. The set also naturally sets up on many Pokemon who struggle to 2HKO. I chose dual STAB because Psyshock allows you to beat Calm Minders like Clefable and Scald spreads burns which rewards Slowking for being a pivot.

This replay is a good representation of its cleaning potential:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-223214126
My guess is he probably didn't expect Psyshock so he got a bit greedy with the Calm Minds and his backup plan was to just go out into Thundurus after his Clefable died (if I won the setup war). I think he had an "oh shit" moment after I clicked Trick Room because he suddenly took 30 seconds to click his move.

Good example of people who don't expect Slowking to be much of a threat so they stay in with something that can barely touch it. He felt safe enough to Rapid Spin with Starmie, which is exactly what this set is good at doing.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-223216411
He ended up quitting. Sorry about that. I hope the replay is still acceptable.

Here's a good calc representation of Slowking's bulk:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Slowking: 253-298 (64.3 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-2 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Slowking: 126-149 (32 - 37.9%) -- 0.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

The average of the first is 70.05% and the second 34.95% for a total of 105%. Factoring in Leftovers, Slowking on average will take 98.75% from 2 Life Orb Latios Draco Meteors. That's really impressive for not resisting it and having practically no SDef investment. Obviously, setting up on Latios isn't the smartest idea. The calc was just to show off natural bulk and ability to set up on stuff.

EDIT: wow okay that was an annoyingly long post. I'm sorry. I love Slowking.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Could you do a team based around Custap lead Crustle? I wanna see it 'cause it'll be cool and I don't have the balls to do it myself

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast

Anyway, love the teams! Can't wait to try some of these out.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Could you do a team based around Custap lead Crustle? I wanna see it 'cause it'll be cool and I don't have the balls to do it myself

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast

Anyway, love the teams! Can't wait to try some of these out.
I was not at home these days. Anyway Crustle is a bit outclassed by Skarmory, but I'll do it the same.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was not at home these days. Anyway Crustle is a bit outclassed by Skarmory, but I'll do it the same.
That's why it'd be cool to see. The things it has over Skarm are Rock Blast and Knock Off, but generally yes: it is outclassed. I just asked 'cause it'd be fun the see :)

It is simply defensive Clefable with 216 hp to have maximum leftovers recovery. I'm gonna put other 4 evs on Altaria, missbuild, sry.

I'll put the replays i can find, since i often switch my alts on showdown

Sure :)

I've an old XY with Regice! I'm gonna build an ORAS OU with Regice one of these days

Sure! I'll do it :)

Posted n_n
Thanks for the mew squad it looks so fun :] i really wanted to try venusaur in oRas and i now i will do it fuck stall 2 mew gonna hax them to dead :]

For the slowking nasty plot set i have tried him and its better to use fire blast over trick room he has so much natural bulk and regenerator that u will destroy balance squad easily killing thins that wall u like bulky grasses (ferro walls u hard celebi 2).

Poliwrath @ Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Belly Drum

I think Swift Swim Belly Drum Poliwrath is a pokemon with a concrete niche but is often overlooked because it requires a lot of team support and has a limited window of oppurtinity for sweeping. However, with this moveset and under the rain there is almost nothing Poliwrath can't OHKO after a Belly Drum, the only thing that even comes to mind is Mega Venusaur. I think Poliwrath greatly benefits from the current meta. Fat balance cores are increasing, which it dumps on, Mega Pinsir is hardly seen, and with the fatter, bulkier, teams nowadays priority, which harms fast set up sweepers,like Poliwrath, is decreasing. That being said, Poliwrath handles most priority well anyways. It resists Ice Shard, Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch, and Sucker Punch while only being weak to flying and neutral to normal and fighting priority. The flying weakness isn't that bad anyways because like I said, Mega Pinsir is hardly seen and Talonflame revenges most non-resists either way.

Obviously Poliwrath needs rain support, so either Damp Rock Politoed or a Damp Rock Prankster is necessary. With Politoed you could build a whole team designed to wear down water resists or with something like Thundurus your opponent might not think to save their water resist and sack it early game, thinking Poliwrath isn't a threat. Both forms of rain support have their pros.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Seconding that, would love to see a good sticky web team on this day and age to see how it goes, it would be really appreciated.

After seeing what you've done with other requests I'm going to ask you to take up a challenge. I fully understand if you can't meet this request; it's very hard to build with successfully but seeing how you've gone about making teams with Beartic, Gogoat, Chatot and a whole array of other things I have confidence in you. I want you to build a Gravity team preferably partnered with Sand so I can experience the awesomeness of an Excadril or MegaChomp freely clicking EQ. You can use any Gravity setter or abuser you want and you can chose if you use sand or not. This is a very open and non-specific request but I honestly want to see what you can do with this. I look forward to the final product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)