Snow White and the 5 Dwarves (Peaked 9th on PS!)

That's actually 43-3 if you don't count mad ladder hax. So I'm proud :)

Hey guys, I'm JCM with my first RMT. To start, I have kind of high expectations for this team. This is one of the only teams that I've been pleased with since I've started playing, and I'm really proud of this. I've managed to peak, and while many would say that it's nothing compared to some good ladderers like FLCL, for example, I find it quite good for someone of my level. This team focuses on offense, with only one pivot that allows me to check a lot of stuff. This meta is really fun to play in.

PHP:
Jynx @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Skuntank (M) @ Dread Plate
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SDef / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Crunch

Golem @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Taunt

Snow White (Jynx) @
| Dry Skin
Timid | 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Substitute | Lovely Kiss | Psychic | Ice Beam

Jynx is, without a doubt, the MVP of this team. It saved me from many tough situations. I'm using a very underrated set, that I have never seen being used by anyone (Except EBeast). Jynx was the last Pokemon to be added to my team, and at that time, I knew I needed a solid Psychic type. My choices were Musharna, Gardevoir, Swoobat and Jynx. I chose Jynx because it's Speed tier is amazing, and 115 SAtk is incredible in this tier.

I chose this set for the surprise effect, and mostly effectiveness. I didn't want any set with Life Orb, as it wears Jynx out pretty fast, so the Lovely Kiss + 3 attacks set was immediately disregarded. It left 2 sets left for me to choose: SubNP and SubCM. I didn't want to put any bulk on her, so I chose SubNP. After a couple of days of testing, I found myself missing Lovely Kiss numerous times, and that I didn't want to remove Substitute. I then decided to remove Nasty Plot for Lovely Kiss, and I never looked back.

Substitute is a great move on Jynx, allowing me to setup on any Alomomolas, laugh at Status and take advantage of Skuntank. It eases prediction and it's really useful. Lovely Kiss is imo, a must on any set, and I use it to put some targets to Sleep, thus disabling them for the rest of the game if they switch out. Psychic and Ice Beam are the STAB moves, and not much can switch into both and leave unscratched, except a couple of dedicated Special Walls such as Munchlax, Lickilicky and Grumpig.

Jynx is often my win-condition vs many teams. Dry Skin allows me to beat many Rain teams. I put Jynx in the lead spot in the team preview to attract some Pokemon such as Skuntank, that my dedicated lead (Golem) can beat.

Happy (Ludicolo) @
| Swift Swim
Modest | 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def | IVs: 29 HP
Rain Dance | Hydro Pump | Giga Drain | Ice Beam

Ludicolo is my late-game cleaner, and does the job wonderfully well. It's typing and coverage is really useful for this team. While this meta has become relatively unkind to the dancing duck, I've been using it with great success.

The moves are quite simple, as Rain Dance powers up Hydro Pump and makes Ludicolo extremely fast, while Giga Drain is STAB and allows me to partially heal myself. Ice Beam rounds up the coverage. 29 HP IVs minimizes LO recoil, which is quite useful.

Bashful (Primeape) @
| Vital Spirit
Jolly | 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Close Combat | U-Turn | Ice Punch | Stone Edge

As shown in the gif, Primeape is quite the fast hitter. It has been chosen over Sawk because it has the perfect stats for a Scarfer. Ape is the revenge killer of my team.

The moves are quite standard, with Close Combat being the chosen STAB move. U-Turn is another reason why Primeape has been chosen over Sawk, as it allows me to predict Psychic switch-ins so I can go to Skuntank. It's a free little ball of momentum. Ice Punch is here to hit Golurk and Flying-types that are weakened enough to be KO'ed by it, and Stone Edge hits Bug-types and Flying-types that aren't at Ice Punch KO range.

Grumpy (Skuntank) @
| Aftermath
Adamant | 252 Atk / 212 SDef / 44 Spd
Crunch | Pursuit | Sucker Punch | Taunt

Skuntank finishes the Psychic-Dark-Fighting core in my team, and has the vital role of trapping Ghosts and Psychics that annoy this team a lot. Once Skunk gets in safely, it's the end for the Ghost or Psychic type, as they will be either trapped if they switch out, hit by Sucker Punch if they stay in, or hit by Crunch if I know they'll use a status move. Dread Plate is a cool item that boosts all of my moves since I'm a mono-attacker.

Sneezy (Golem) @
| Sturdy
Adamant | 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Rock Blast | Sucker Punch

Golem is more often than not, my dedicated lead. I almost always start by setting up SR, as it's usually my priority (unless the opponent leads with Scolipede or Liepard, then I'll go for Rock Blast). Rock Blast and Earthquake form the EdgeQuake combo, while Sucker Punch is really useful when the opponent's Pokemon is weakened.

Sleepy (Misdreavus) @
| Levitate
Impish | 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Foul Play | Will-O-Wisp | Taunt | Pain Split

Misdreavus is one of the, if not the most important member of my team. It's the only defensive presence on my team, and acts as a pivot. It's bulk and ability to incapacitate the majority of the Physical attackers of the tier is invaluable. I can also lead with it if I see Primeape in the team preview. It is also my Scolipede counter. Foul Play is really good in this mostly Physical oriented meta, and as Missy attracts a lot of set up sweepers, I can take advantage of that. Will-O-Wisp isn't counter-productive with Foul Play, so I can use it to burn Physical attackers, and then use Foul Play on them. Taunt has been chosen over Heal Bell for it's ability to stop stall and such, while Pain Split is Missy's only way to recover herself.

Now that I'm done, I have a couple of changes in mind.

Changes in mind

1. SubKiss Jynx ===> Sub Jynx

• This is quite the weird change, but sometimes I miss Focus Blast. Letting Lovely Kiss go will be hard though, so I'm not sure.

2. LO Ludicolo ===> Specs Altaria

• Makes me less Scolipede weak, can work as a late-game cleaner, but it's kind of slow and makes me even more Jynx weak.

3. Scarf Primeape ===> Scarf Sawk

• Primeape is pretty weak, and Scarf Sawk hits much harder. I'm not sure about this though.

I have a couple of weaknesses, mostly dedicated walls. Alomomola gives me a lot of trouble if Ludicolo and Jynx are gone. Lickilicky also gives me a load of trouble if Primeape is dead, and even then, Primeape can't even OHKO with Close Combat. ScarfZard gives me a lot of trouble if Golem is dead, while Jynx is one of the biggest threats to my team.

Also this is my 200th post (0.2k!!!!!). But I won't do any shoutouts. xP (VM me if you want me to make shoutouts I'm just really lazy)

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
if you want focus blast on jynx then the best option would be to use it over psychic. ice beam and focus blast get the best coverage together.

altaria is still ko'ed by boosted scolipede after stealth rocks so i wouldn't use it over ludicolo

other than that there's not much to change for this team since it's pretty standard

I think to nerf your Scolipede weakness (in case Misdreavus bites the dust), I would put Torkoal on your team over Ludicolo. It gives your team a spinner (and helps with Jynx's Stealth Rock weakness) and Scolipede's unboosted Earthquake is a 4-5HKO on Torkoal. +2 Earthquake still 2HKOs Torkoal, but Scolipede then risks getting burned/2HKO'd by Lava Plume or OHKO'd by Flamethrower.

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor/White Smoke (whatever floats your boat)
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Def, 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume/Flamethrower
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Protect (Since Golem is already giving your team Stealth Rock support and Protect can help either stall your opponent with Toxic or scout your opponent's next move)

Good luck. :)

Hey JCM, this is a pretty good-looking team you got, and congratulations on the peak. I have a bit of suggestions that may make this team more effective though.

I highly recommend you speed creep on both Golem and Misdreavus to help you outspeed other Pokemon with a similar base speed tier, such as opposing Golem and Skuntank respectively.

I suggest you to let Golem carry a Lum Berry over Leftovers as it can give you free turns to setup Stealth Rocks or hit something like Jynx hard with Rock Blast as they use a status move. You may also try Toxic over Sucker Punch to help you with your Alomomola problems as Golem usually bait it, you also already have a priority user and a scarfer in your team.

Luvdisc'd!

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is a pretty standard team JCM, so everything is pretty much in order. I completely back the Speed creeping on Golem and Missy, and I guess you can use Focus Blast over Psychic if you really want it. It also wouldn't hurt to make sure that you outspeed opposing 40 Speed Misdreavus, so I suggest taking some more SDef EVs and giving Skuntank 52 or more Speed EVs. While the Speed creep war can go on indefinitely, the difference is that Misdreavus cannot afford to run anymore Speed unless it wants to be defeated by Skuntank regardless. Nice team JCM! :)

Aaaah k, I'll answer to each one of your rates :)

FLCL said:
FLCL's long rate
yeah, i'll stick with my current set, i'm not willing to give up one of my stab moves. thanks anyways :)

Dallasboi1992 said:
Dallasboi1992's rate
i don't think torkoal would be a good replacement, as i don't really need a spinner. torkoal also aggravates my water-weakness, and replacing ludicolo would take away one of my late-game cleaners. thanks tho :)

JoshuaMunoz said:
JoshuaMunoz's rate
i definitely agree with the speed creep on missy and golem. i really don't know over sucker punch < toxic, because priority on it is p handy. i'm also adamant on lefties > lum, as i don't have much problems with jynx, and golem doesn't have any recovery. thanks :D

Enoch said:
No rate here xD
Yeah bro, thanks :)

WhiteDMist said:
WhiteDMist's rate
k, speed creeping missy with skunk sounds swell. thanks for the rate, and thanks to everyone for their rates and thanks for dropping the luvdiscs!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)