Smogon Wi-Fi's 7th Annual Secret Santa Giveaway! [Santas Revealed!]

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Approved by Xen

Hello and welcome one and all to the 7th Annual Smogon Wi-Fi Secret Santa Giveaway! Originally started by Eisenherz, continued by Ullar, TyVip, Lego, Light Sanctity, and now by yours truly!

I like giving and receiving gifts! How does this work?

First, sign up below by filling out the survey form and posting on this thread. Everyone who signs up will be secretly assigned another person from the sign-up list. From there, you will use their responses from the survey to come up with a gift specifically for them. Everyone will give a gift, and everyone will receive a gift (though not necessarily from the same person)!

What else do I need to know?
  1. Sign-ups are open from now until 11:59pm US Pacific Time on December 10th. Signing up is as easy as filling out the form and posting in this thread! Please pay special attention to the last four questions as those are the most important.
  2. Once sign-ups are closed, you'll be sent your pairing and have two weeks (until 11:59pm US Pacific Time on December 24th) to get your gift ready! If you're struggling to find inspiration, read their answers to the survey, or have a look at what people made for past iterations of this giveaway! Your gift doesn't necessarily have to be especially rare or valuable, what matters most is that you put in the effort to make something you think they'll like.
  3. KEEP ME UPDATED ON THE STATUS OF YOUR GIFT! If you can't get something together in time, that's ok! Life can be crazy sometimes, but if you won't be able to get a gift ready on time, let me know so that I can find a substitute Santa.
  4. Once Christmas is here, I'll announce all of the pairings in this thread! You'll then have a week to organize giving and receiving your gifts. Feel free to show off what you gave or received in this thread!
In addition, this year everyone who participates will receive this holiday Wyrdeer bred by me when the event has concluded:

#0899 - Wyrdeer (♂) -
Nature:
Quiet | Ability: Intimidate
IVs: 31.0.31.31.31.0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Moves: Trick Room, Skill Swap, Psychic, Earth Power
Egg Moves: Extrasensory, Spite, Disable, Megahorn
OT: Tate ID: 010101
Notes: Hatch date: 12/25/2023

Now all that's out of the way, let's get to the form! Simply copy & paste it into your post and fill it out. Feel free to be as brief or as detailed as you like, or add any extra information that you think might help inspire people! Also, feel free to give multiple answers for each question! Happy gifting, and happy hunting!

Code:
1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? :
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? :
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? :
4. What is your favorite color? :
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? :
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? :
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike :
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? :
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? :
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? :
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) :
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) :
13. What is your in-game name? :
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? :

Signups:
1. SpiritGuy
2. Leesbra
3. Rain Moon
4. Xen
5. CPBBAE
6. WMAR
7. Bossk
8. TrueIssue
9. Jim Bailey
10. QuantumShaddow
11. Calm
12. Bobsican
13. Lunaflare
14. Unviewed
15. Lionyx
16. WigglyTree
17. Chlora
18. Kucanine
19. Max. Optimizer
20. Buckert
21. Cutefluffysheep
22. Unknown Warrior

Last edited:
1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : I like plenty: Water, Dragon, Flying, Poison, Fighting...
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Kalos for the region, but the best Pokemon are found in Kanto, Sinnoh and Galar.
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Kurt Balls and Beast Ball
4. What is your favorite color? : I like pastel colors
5. What kind of Pokemon do you like (the original question doesn't make a lot of sense to me) : I like Pokemon with a well-thought design and deep inspirations (such as the Hisuian Pokemon for example). I also do like Kaiju-esque designs and Water-type goofy Pokemon: Ludicolo, Slowbro, Whiscash...
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Jolly
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : The "standards" Pokeballs: the original one, the Great one and the Hyper one
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitivly
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Of course, as long as they're well thought
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : Dragon Quest, Tintin, Belgium, Russia
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : All games from Gen 6 to 9 except LGPE.
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Gen 7, 8 and 9 games (except LGPE once again)
13. What is your in-game name? : Depend of the game
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : No.
15. What Pokemon do you NOT want to receive ?: Clawitzer and Crobat. Oh and also minted/bottle caped things.

Last edited:
Hello. I would like to partake in this human tradition.

1: What is your favorite type? - There’s a few, but Ghost, Poison and Bug seem to be my favorites.
2: What is your favorite region/game? - While I do prefer Alola and Paldea for regions, my favorite games have been the Sinnoh original games (Diamond, Pearl and Platinum).
3: What is your favorite type of pokeball? - I don’t really have a favorite pokeball, but seeing pokemon in matching pokeballs is always nicer.
4: What is/are your favorite color(s)? - Black and Purple mainly. Pink and White can work too.
5: Do you prefer cute or powerful pokemon? - Both. Both is good.
6: Which Pokemon nature best fits you? - Impish
7: Name a Pokemon and typing you dislike - Dislike Bruxish and the Ground type (Well, I like all the types, but Ground’s kinda the least liked?)
8: Do you prefer casual or competitive? - Competitive.
9: Do you like nicknames for your pokemon? - Yes. It can be a simple joke or something more thought out, but something relating to an aspect of the pokemon is nice to see.
10: What’s a non-Pokemon franchise you like? - Splatoon?
11: What games are you able to recieve a pokemon in, and which you prefer? - I can do Shield, PLA and Violet, but prefer Violet.
12: What games are you able to give a pokemon in, and which you prefer? - I can give in PLA and Violet, but (again) prefer Violet.
13: What is your trainer name in avaliable games? - Leesbra (in Sword, PLA and Violet.)
14: Are you interested in being a Substitute Santa? - It’s best if I say no
15: What pokemon do you prefer not to recieve? - Legendaries/Mythicals/UBs, Shinies, and unmodified catches (Essentially, just catching a pokemon from the wild and sending it as is). Some effort, but not too much.

Thanks for hosting, Tate. Looking forward to participating in this fun tradition for another year. :D

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)?
Psychic, Flying, Steel, Dragon
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game?
Sinnoh region
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball?
Premier
4. What is your favorite color?
Monochrome shades—black white grey, etc
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon?
Both are fine
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you?
Timid
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike
Iron Hands, Poison type (except for a few cool ones), Lure ball
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually?
Casual, but I like to collect things with high IVs
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon?
Sure
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love?
Stormlight Archive and Library of Ruina (+prequel)
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet)
SwSh, PLA, SV
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet)
SwSh, PLA, SV
13. What is your in-game name?
Rain/Rin/Moon depending on game
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)?
Sure thing
15: What pokemon do you prefer not to recieve?
Anything with bottle caps/mints. A perfect non-shiny is preferred over a flawed shiny in my eyes

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Thanks again for hosting this, Tate! Glad to see the tradition going strong; looking forward to this year! :xenglad:

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? :
Water, Bug, Ghost
Games: Crystal, B2W2, PLA | Regions: Johto, Unova, Kalos | General Pokemon roster: Johto, Unova, Paldea
Dive & Moon, but I prioritize matching balls above all
Teal and lighter blue
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? :
Both
Personality-wise, probably Docile or Timid, but would prefer my Pokemon not have Docile. lol
I despise Cinderace and not particularly big on Fast Ball
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? :
Casually competitive
I don't nickname every Pokemon I catch, but like nicknaming Pokemon I'm particularly attached to. It's not required for gifts, but it is nice
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? :
Yu-Gi-Oh!, various other anime/manga series with Fullmetal Alchemist being a standout, Xeno series (Gears/Saga/Blade), Square-era RPGs like Chrono Trigger, FF7, etc., Psych, The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings series
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) :
Would prefer SV, but can receive any Pokemon from any 3DS/Switch game
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) :
Any 3DS/Switch era game, with the exception of LGPE probably
13. What is your in-game name? :
Xen
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? :
I probably could in a pinch, but it's not ideal since schedule is pretty busy

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Water/Ice/Fighting
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Hoenn, Unova, Kalos and Paldea
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : I’m a fan of all apricorn balls, but my biggest thing is that the ball matches the colour scheme of the Pokémon.
4. What is your favorite color? : Cyan
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Powerful Pokémon seem very badass to me. I’d choose that if I can’t choose both.
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : I guess Sassy, but I understand that might be a hard fit for most Pokémon, so not a requirement.
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : I don’t really dislike any types. I have favourites from all Pokémon types. Pokeballs I dislike are honestly most of the shopballs (think great ball, ultra ball etc) but again, what’s most important is the ball matching with the colour scheme of the Pokémon.
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : A mix of both, casually can get boring but competitively can get stressful. I'm fine with either.
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Actually no, I think I’m one of the rare people. I never nickname any of my Pokémon either.
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : One Piece
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : BDSP and SV. Preferably SV though as that is the game that I primarily play.
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : BDSP and SV.
13. What is your in-game name? : Fabian
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Sure :) A bit cheesy but Christmas is the holiday of giving, so I have no issues doing something like that.

Last edited:
1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Grass, Dragon, Fighting
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Heart Gold
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Safari Ball
4. What is your favorite color? : Red and Green
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Powerful
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Adamant
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : No Dusk Ball, Normal, Chansey
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitive
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yes
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : WWE and Steve Wilkos
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Scarlet and Sword
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Scarlet and Sword
13. What is your in-game name? : WMAR
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Yes i enjoyed it last year

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Grass, Poison, Flying (mainly birds), Dragon, and sometimes Fairy
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Emerald/Hoenn, Kanto/Fire Red, Sinnoh/Legends Arceus
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Dusk, Origin, Strange, Beast... I like too many!
4. What is your favorite color? : Purple!
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Usually the cooler/powerful ones
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Impish
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : I dislike very few Pokemon, but they are Lickilicky, Ambiipom, and obligatory Zangoose (team Seviper!)
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitive but like both
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : Mass Effect, Halo, Star Wars
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : SV and SwSh
SV
13. What is your in-game name? : Mason
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : No, I don't feel comfortable if something comes up last second and I am also unable to help them

Edit: As some others have mentioned things they do not want, I will just say I have like 5 boxes worth of Seviper so please no more haha

Last edited:
This is my first time trying this out, but here goes nothing!

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Psychic, Rock, Steel, Fighting
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : LeafGreen was my first game, but I enjoyed every generation
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Premier, basic Pokéball
4. What is your favorite color? : Grey or Black
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : I lean towards the cutesy side, but I won't turn down a powerhouse
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Timid
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Doesn't apply, I don't really dislike anything
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Mix of both
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : I usually don't, but when I do it's something silly
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Digimon, Inheritance Cycle (Eragon series of books), Redwall
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Shield, Scarlet
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Shield, Scarlet
13. What is your in-game name? : Issue
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : No, I don't think I'd be able to manage something in short time

Last edited:

Karmaloop3

formerly Jim Bailey
First time caller, long time listener.

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Honestly, I like them all for the most part. Top 3 if I had to choose would be Dragon, Psychic, and Fire
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Sinnoh
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Beast
4. What is your favorite color? : Blue
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Generally powerful
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Calm
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Cherrish Ball
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Casually Competitive
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : No
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : The Office
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : SwSh or SV
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : SwSh or SV
13. What is your in-game name? : Karmaloop
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? Probably not.

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : I like water, ghost, and dark types best!
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Gen 3 is my favorite generation (but I have played since Yellow, so I love them all), but I've really enjoyed the Spanish influences in some of the Paldean designs (I went to Spain in 2007 and loved it there, so I notice the tie-ins).
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Moon Ball, hands down, then probably dream and love ball
4. What is your favorite color? : I am a big fan of all blues - teal was one of my wedding colors!
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Why not both?
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : This is tricky as I kind of fit multiple, but I'm gonna go with Brave
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Not a huge fan of poison or bug types. I'm not as picky about pokeball designs, but something fun is always good.
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Someone posted themselves as "casually competitive", which is similar to me. I have played competitive in the Pokemon online tournaments and played PAX Pokemon League in past years, but I don't have time to compete often with work. I do build Pokemon for 7-star raids frequently.
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : I do! I nicknamed my starters with Spanish words/names (Esperanza for Meowscarada, Selena and Fonsi for my two Skeledirge, and Joaquin for my Quaquaval), so I enjoy it!
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : Videogame-wise, I LOVE Hogwarts Legacy, I haven't read much other than my Astronomy textbook from an online Astronomy for Teachers class I'm taking (I teach Physics and Astronomy), and I am an anime fan (I'm really into Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague, SpyxFamily, the Fate series (love the historical ties in it), and Undead Murder Farce)
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Violet
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Scarlet/Violet as I moved all my good breeding stuff there once Home opened up.
13. What is your in-game name? : Talitha
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : I can probably find a way to make another if needed.

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Ice
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : SV, although it would be even better without Dexit
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Moon and Sport Balls
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Since they aren't entirely mutually exclusive, powerful Pokémon that are also cute are preferred
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Calm
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Great Ball
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Mostly casually, but I sometimes play to Master Ball tier because of its associated Ribbon
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : I don't usually give my Pokémon nicknames, but I don't mind if the traded Pokémon already has one
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : The Sherlock Sam series
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : I can receive in (Ultra) Moon or any of the Switch games
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Either SwSh or SV
13. What is your in-game name? : Calm
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Depends on my luck in finding the Shiny, but unlikely

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Steel, Fairy, Water
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Gen 5
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Moon Ball
4. What is your favorite color? : Between blue and green
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Poké Ball
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitively
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Not usually, but for this ocassion yes.
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : Most Disney stuff (especially Kingdom Hearts), Sonic, Mario.
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : ORAS, USUM, BDSP, SV, HOME
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : ORAS, USUM, BDSP, SV, HOME
13. What is your in-game name? : Bobsican
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Yes

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Dragon and dark!
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Sinnoh, Galar, and Paldea
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Dive, Moon, and Lure
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : I like both
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Adamant
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : I can't think of any other than level or fast.
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Casually
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yes!
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, The Owl House
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Scarlet and Violet, PLA, or Sword and Shield
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Any from gen 6 to 9
13. What is your in-game name? : Either Luke, Dakota, Lunaflare, or DakoDraggo
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : It depends on how things go.
Extra note: I can only RNG from gens 4 to 7. Anything else will be manual and may not guarantee good IVs or shininess.

Last edited:
New Smogon User Here! Just joined today and discovered this neat event, glad so many people can be involved!

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : For my favourite types, I'd have to say Water, Fairy, Dark, or Poison, all these types are amazing and
I can't decide between them.
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : For my favourite region, I'd have to pick Kalos, and Galar, but between them, I'd say Kalos slightly out does Galar
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : 100% my favourite Pokeball is the Duskball, but 1st I always try and find a Matching Ball first
4. What is your favorite color? : My Favourite Colour is any type of green, but I prefer Pastel and Light Greens
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : I prefer either, both are great
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Probably Relaxed, Quirky or Careful
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : I dislike the Master ball when not paired with a Pokémon who's name begins with 'M'
and shares the Balls colour scheme, to what I'm remembering right now, I don't think I explicitly dislike any Pokémon, but even if I do, any Pokémon I've disliked in the past, like for example Excadrill, I played through it's origin generation with, now My Excadrill "Tonka" is one of my all-time Favourite Pokémon
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Mostly I play casually, but I really want to get into the Competitive scene, either way I'm sure I'd love any strong Pokémon that has some thought put into it
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : I adore giving Pokémon Nicknames, as mentioned before I have a Excadrill named 'Tonka'
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : I'm not too sure, I watch many completely different shows, and Movies, and I don't read too many Books, (Edit: I like watching Anime but I couldn't think of any earlier, but after thinking, I've seen Danganronpa, Call of the Night, and some others, + I'm currently Watching Initial D and MF Ghost, although I don't think those last 2 will help much)
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : I'm absolutely fine receiving my gift in any Pokémon Game + Pokemon Home through Friend trades on mobile version
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : I'm absolutely fine giving my gift in any Pokémon Game + Pokemon Home through Friend trades on mobile version
13. What is your in-game name? : It depends on the game, but my IGN will always have 'Unviewed' tied into the name (Usually so I can tell what Game I caught the Pokémon in on 3ds Games to switch)
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Of course, I'd be more than happy

Extra notes: 3DS Games will most likely use the IGN 'Taylor' as they are older Save Files...
I should have the gift(s) ready by the time frame, but by the possibility I am still collecting Ribbons, or Correct Moves (Probably if It's a newer save on a newer game) They will be ready within a Day or Two after...

Last edited:

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Thanks for hosting our yearly secret santa, Tate!

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Fairy, Flying, Ghost
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Johto (GSC), Hoenn (RSE)
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Dive, Dream, Heavy, Luxury
4. What is your favorite color? : Blue, Green
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Powerful ones that can battle! (not necessarily top-tier things)
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Toxapex, Wo-Chien, Great/Ultra ball
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : I like both almost equally, and spend hundred of hours each generation breeding and battling as much as doing ribbons or shiny hunting.
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : In games I like Dragon Quest the most overall, as well as Fire Emblem, Crash Bandicoot, Disgaea... In shows, I like the tv series Monk, and in animes Dragon Ball/DBZ/DBS.
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : I would prefer to receive a Pokémon in gen 9. I can however receive in X, OR, Sun, Ultra Sun, Sword, Shining Pearl, Violet upon need, so don't let this preference hinder your creativity if you come up with a Pokémon that cannot travel to Paldea!
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : I would prefer to give a gift in SV. Gifting in SS or BDSP is also a possibility.
13. What is your in-game name? : Coren
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : I'll barely have enough time for my own gift this year unfortunately, so no

WigglyTree

Just a normal tree, nothing to see here
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
This looks fun, thanks for hosting! :quagchamppogsire:

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Fire / Flying / Dark
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Unova
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Level / Moon
4. What is your favorite color? : I don't really have one now that i think about it
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : I'd say powerful - even if my icon is just a tree guy
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Quiet
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Water types (because they're scary)
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : I'm a casual :3
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : I usually don't nickname my mons, but i don't really care
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : One Piece, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, The Legend of Zelda, Undertale
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : All games
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : All games
13. What is your in-game name? : WigglyTree
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)?: Yeah sure, why not

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Steel & Water
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Unova games are awesome, it's also my fav region, but PLA takes the #1 game spot for me. I like the mons of gens 3-5 & 7 the most. Somewhat of a dislike for anthro
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Any that match the mon they contain are nice :) Hate great balls though.
4. What is your favorite color? : dark reddish pink, dark blues or transparent
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : both are nice. they aren't mutually exclusive either.
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Lonely
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Gholdengo in particular for it's competitive presence, but i dislike a lot of gen 9 mons. As mentioned previously, also hate great balls. Not too fond of fighting and fire types, but i don't hate them.
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : I like playing casually, but after i run out of things to do i usually only do competitively, though in sv especially i dont find it fun to do either lol. I've clocked 1200+ hours into shield though
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yes, absolutely, gives a very appreciated extra bit of personality
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse (would be peak if not for the writing), Persona 2 Duology, JJBA (my fav part is 8)
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : I can recieve in SWSH, PLA, SV and HOME
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Any of the above
13. What is your in-game name? : Depends on the game, but in SV it's Chlora
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Yes
15 (extra). What pokemon would you NOT like to recieve? : Iron Valiant (my scrunglus), Hatterene, Eldegoss, Volcarona, Tinkaton. I've already got these of my own.

Note: To me appearences are mostly superficial. Attachment to a mon comes from my time w it. Not adhering to all my likes can be good, surprise me :)

Last edited:
Missed the event last year so I am going to have a shot this year!!

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Water/Fairy/Ice
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Hoenn but I am biased mainly because I grew up with Gen 3. Content wise I would say Unova is the best. I know many folks were not a fan of the limited dex in the original BW games but I found it very refreshing for walkthroughs.
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Lure/Friend, its tough. I don't really like using Beast ball on every mon (Ye Dream and Moon works on close to every mon but urghh please not Beast ball unless you can justify how it fits the mon....)
4. What is your favorite color? : Green (Especially mint green) and Pink
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : No preference
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Naive/Hasty/Lonely (In a way I guess the 3 are related)
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Poison (Remember when your mons eventually fainted back in older gens when poisoned. Oh and don't get me started on other nasty stuff those mons had in their arsenal like confuse ray, double team, minimize :(
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : I used to battle a lot in Gen 7 and 8, but I have retired now due to other priorities in life, so I am now just a casual player who likes to collect mons:)
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : I don't mind, but please nothing offensive
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : Yugioh and Detective Conan
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : USUM, SWSH, Scarlet, PLA, HOME
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? I prefer to do it in SWSH and Scarlet
13. What is your in-game name? : Alexander/Alexandra
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Not really as I don't think I have the time for an additional gift

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I offer my best greetings,

Please let me preface this post by graciously extending my gratitude to our friend Tatertot for hosting this year's Secret Santa edition.
While I had, originally, offered to be a mere back-up Santa to help cover via extra gifts, I decided to sign up as a full participant after all.
I mostly retired from Pokémon to pursue my IRL goals and ambitions, I still deeply care about this place and my fellow community members.

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Ghost, Dark, Ice
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Johto
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Lure
4. What is your favorite color? : Black
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Hardy (according to my fellow Wi-Fi users, but please don't actually use that nature)
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Cherish Ball
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitively
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Absolutely, I only want Pokémon that can be nicknamed in my collection
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : Attack on Titan (shocker, I know)
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : SM/USUM/SwSh/SV
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : SM/USUM/SwSh/SV
13. What is your in-game name? : Christophe
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Absolutely, yes. I'd love to!

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Thanks for hosting this year, Tate! Very much appreciated. I'd like to sign up as well, will do my very best to complete a nice gift in time.

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Fire, Steel, Dragon.
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Unova and Paldea.
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Lure.
4. What is your favorite color? : Red.
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : All of them!
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Hardy & Adamant, please do not use Hardy for a Pokémon.
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Still no fan of the Beast Ball.
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Casually, though I do have obsessive collecting disorder.
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : I do not like nicknames.
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : The Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy.
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : USUM (gen 7) though, if there really is no other way, I can stop my CFW Switches and have SwSh, BDSP, PLA and SV available as well.
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : USUM (gen 7) though, if there really is no other way, I can stop my CFW Switches and have SwSh, BDSP, PLA and SV available as well.
13. What is your in-game name? : Wouter
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Will gladly grab something from my collection if that fits someones description.

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Dragon, Steel
2. What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Unova, ORAS
3. What is your favorite type of Poké Ball? : Dream, Friend, Premier
4. What is your favorite color? : Green
6. Which Pokémon nature best describes you? : Adamant, Calm
7. Name a Pokémon, a typing, or a Poké Ball you dislike : Fairy, Sableye, Heavy
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Both
9. Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : If they are meaningful :)
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : Quarterback
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : any 3DS game
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : SM/USUM
13. What is your in-game name? : Atharv
14. Are you interested in being a substitute Santa (preparing a gift for an additional person in the event that someone is unable to finish theirs on time)? : Potentially

1. What is your favorite Pokémon type(s)? : Ghost
Sinnoh
Moon Ball
Orange
5. Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Por que no los dos?
Naive
Eevee, Water, Beast Ball
8. Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Both
Depends. I use nicknames for campaign teams but rarely outside of those.
10. What's a non-Pokémon show, movie, book, or game that you especially love? : The older Dynasty Warriors, why not?
11. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to receive your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Don't matter
12. Which games would you prefer to/are you able to give your gift in? (Feel free to list any from Gen 6 up to Scarlet & Violet) : Any
13. What is your in-game name? : Kris
Yeah sure

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello again, and Merry Christmas!

It's been such a pleasure seeing everyone's gifts come together! The thought, effort, and creativity on display this year has been incredible, and I'm so excited for you all to see it too. Without further ado, it's time for the big reveal!

Drumroll please....
You now have one week to reach out and arrange a trade with your giftee! Please feel free to share what you gifted or received below! One of the best parts of the giveaway is seeing what everyone prepared for each other. A big thank you to everyone who signed up to be a Substitute Santa, I'm thrilled to say that no one's services were needed this year, but your generosity is immensely appreciated!

Also, the bonus Wyrdeer gift is now available for pick up! Send me a DM here or on Discord (tatertot74) and we'll arrange a direct trade. Extra special thanks to Max. Optimizer for help getting the Master Rank ribbon on it!

The generosity that's always on display during this giveaway is part of what makes this community so special to me, and I'm honored to have been able to host the giveaway this year. Once again, thank you all so much for participating, and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wanted to welcome the opportunity to preface this post wishing all of my fellow Wi-Fiers and their loved ones a warm and merry Christmas.
This year, my Secret Santa giftee is none other than my friend Lionyx whom I've known for 7 years now. Time flies.

(#227 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Hayabusa❞ ♂
)

❝the Strutter❞
Credits for the nickname go to Winters Zombie

OT: Ann | ID: 337745 | Blush Mountain (Alola)
Bold | Sturdy | TSV: 0568
IVs: 31 | 0 | 31 | HT(30) | 31 | HT(30)
EV'd (Gen 7): Roost, Iron Defense, Taunt, Hidden Power
EV'd (Gen 8): Roost, Iron Defense, Spikes, Body Press
Gen 7: {244 HP / 236 Def / 28 Spe}
Gen 8: {252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD}

Hayabusa is a Japanese word, meaning ❝falcon❞.
Note: As of Gen 9, this Pokémon is M-sized.

Hayabusa is my first gift for Lionyx, as I know from personal experience that he likes Skarmory a lot.
Furthermore, it checks the "Flying", "Johto", "Heavy", "powerful", and "nicknamed" criteria he mentioned in his post.
With Skarmory having returned with the advent of the Indigo Disk DLC, I figured that Hayabusa could help him soar to new victories.
It used to run Hidden Power Fire back in the day to hit Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Metagross back in Gen 7 BSS, hence the odd nature and set.
Feel free to customize it to your liking!

(#778 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Okiku❞ ♀
)

❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Devin | ID: 930120 | Route 1 (Alola)
Timid | Disguise | TSV: 2934
IVs: 31 | 0 | 31 | 0 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Curse, Pain Split, Thunder Wave, Substitute
{8 HP / 92 Def / 156 SpD / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to a doll that was purchased in 1918 by a teenager named Eikichi Suzuki for his younger sister, Okiku, who gave the doll her name.
When Okiku died, her family came to believe that Okiku's spirit was inhabiting the doll and the hair on the doll was growing.
The doll resides in the Mannenji Temple in Hokkaido, where it is claimed that a priest regularly trims Okiku's still-growing hair.
Note: As of Gen 9, this Pokémon is M-sized.

Okiku is my second gift for Lionyx, as it fit quite a lot of the criteria he mentioned in his post as well.
Okiku checks the "Fairy", "Ghost", "Luxury", "powerful", and "nicknamed" criteria and I hope that it'll be to his gusto.
I know that Lionyx likes the Dragon Quest series, hence why I figured he could try out Draggin' Quest next.
As in, draggin' the game out with this super annoying set that I think can be useful to him for his BSS endeavors.
Even if its diguise is busted, it'll stay debout toujours, just like Toulouse, Lionyx's favorite football team.

Et pour finir, je vais essayer de trouver les bons mots
Voici quelques mots sincères de ton copain MO
Et oui Lio, cela fait déjà sept années qu'on se connaît,
J'espère vraiment que mon cadeau te plait

Ce sont des gens comme toi qui font que Pokémon vaut la peine
Bien qu' auparavant j'eusse exprimé autant de haine
Beaucoup de fois j'ai dit que je ferai mes derniers adieus
Pour cela je suis désolé, j'essayerai de fair mieux

Ce n'est pas de ta faute, tout au contraire
Les interactions avec toi, elles vont toujours me plaire
Je ferai de mon mieux pour redevenir plus exemplaire
Et pour commencer, je vais finalement me taire​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)