Smogon VGC Winter League - Player Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replying to this thread is still open, so I'm assuming signups are also still open; therefore:
Name: nerd of now
Metagames Played: All of the ones listed; would prefer any format without the word "Series" in it but will still play in those too
Timezone:
EST (GMT -5)
Potential Activity Issues:
Exams and projects
Bio:
Been playing since post Worlds 2014, qualified for Worlds in 2018, and am now maintaining the VGC Damage Calculator on Nimbasa City Post

Name: Justified Joe
Metagames played: all the SWSH Formats
Timezone: Central Timezone ( United States
Activity issues: Occasional busy weeks with work , but should be able to prep and play most of the weeks if needed. If not , I can help prep
Bio: Have Experience in a few teams tours..... EGL 1 Prism( 4-1) and 2 Ascension(3-0) , and the PGL (1-2) . I also have a few cuts from Online Tours during S10.

Name: JMOdri
Formats played: Series 9, Series 10, Series 11, BDSP Battle festival doubles
Timezone: GMT+1
Potential Activity issues: None
Bio: Started playing VGC in April 2020. Some of my accomplishments have been:
Battle Frontier Series 10 Challenge Top 4
Rose Tower Finals Top 8
Desafío Latam 1 Grand Finals Top 16 (Qualified for the Grand Finals of its second edition)
Multiple cuts at Desafio Latam and Rose Tower tournaments.
PGL champion with the Hammerlocke Hydreigons with a 4-3 record.
Multiple times #1 rank in both Switch's and Showdown's Ladders in Series 7/9 and Series 10.

Name: catfish
Metagames played: S9,S10,S11, (attempting bdsp)
Timezone: HST
Activity Issues: Work full time Mon-Fri, other than that pretty free
Bio: EGL S2 Experiment (2-1), Placed 1st in a London Corviknights S10 Ladder Tour that had 20+ pple. Nothing else too notable, I try my best and like to have fun :)

Name: GalacticVGC
Metagames Played: 17, 18, 19, S10, I'll probably try to learn 15 and BDSP cause they seem fun
Timezone: EST (GMT-5)
Inactivity: Might be busy during some days, but I probably won't be off for full weeks
Bio (optional): I was alright in seniors, had some fairly high Regional and International placements in 2017, 2018, and 2019. Got 3rd in NPA8 with the Puppies in 2019, so I have some experience with these kinda tournaments. Started my first masters season in the fall of 2019 and had some alright local and Regional placements. Took a year off and played VGCPL in the summer, I had a pretty good record on JeanMarc and Fumito's team and did pretty well playing for team Puerto Rico in world cup. I had a lot of fun meeting other players and playing again! I'll try my best to be a positive team presence and support other players even when I'm not playing :D

Last edited:
Name: Pyreon
Metagames Played: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021 (s9, s10, s11)
Timezone:
GMT+0
Weekdays may be busy, weekends are mostly free.
Bio:
I played in the VGCPL and finished 3-1 in VGC17, so I'd like a chance to play those older formats again. Qualified for Worlds in 2019 and finished 6-2 twice at regionals. I've been part of several leagues as a player (NPA, PGL, EGL, VGCPL, Copa América, European Cup, World Cup) and I'm just fresh out of a manager experience in the EGL S2. On a break from serious play at the moment but will try my best when selected.

Reactions: zee
Name: Santino (Santi)
Metagames Played: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, all SWSH series, BDSP
Timezone:
GMT -5
Work during the day on weekdays but available nights and weekends.
Bio:
I beat 5 former world champs that one time. Won the 1st Players Cup. Cut a regional and a few grassroot tours. Fun fact I made a Smogon account just to sign up for this.

Name: FiendRiver
Metagames Played: VGC 2015, VGC 2017, S9, S10, S11
Timezone:
GMT+2 (Jerusalem)
Unable to play from Friday Evenings (4PM~) till Saturday Night (~6PM) due to the weekly sabbath. Available most other times during the week.
Bio:
VGC 2015 & VGC 2017 Champion of Israel, Founder and Team Captain of Team Israel in the Victory Road's VGC World Cup. Won a Series 11 tournament at a local bar recently and got a cool controller . :) I've also won several OU tournaments in the past as well, though that may not be relevant here.
I also make content on both YouTube & Twitch, so I can cast the tournament or upload matches if need be.
(Picture of trophy shelf attached)

Attachments

Sole Survivor

Sepia-toned memories
is a Pre-Contributor
Name: Sole Survivor
Metagames Played: VGC 2021 Series 11, VGC 2019 edit: can play BDSP as well if I'm given teams
Timezone: GMT +5:30
Potential Activity Issues: school but none other than that for now, will update if anything comes up
Bio: I started VGC in April 2020 and since I don't have a Switch and don't play many tournaments at all, my best results are Top 64 in the recent 2021 Fall Scramble and top 500 in S5, S8, S9, S10 and recently top 100 in S11.

Last edited:
Name: IkerDDS
Metagames Played: S9, S10, S11 & Battle Festivas Doubles
Timezone: GMT +1
Potential Activity Issues: It depends on how busy I am with my studies but I can almost always help
Bio: In the first edition of DL i made T8, T32x2, (S7-S8), T16 Battle Palace (S8), in the 2n edition of DL i won DL Ghost cup (S8) and T16 VR Sinnoh Open. Willing to learn to play old formats.

Name: Tony :pimp:
Metagames Played:
Any with team support, but a preference for current generation formats
Timezone: GMT +1
Potential Activity Issues: Nope
Bio: Admittedly I have little VGC experience, but I played in VGCPL, Doubles PL, as well as countless other Smogon tournaments

JRL

JRL#3736
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: JRL
Metagames Played: 15/17/18/19/BDSP
Timezone:
GMT + 1
Bio:
played VGCPL, DOU player

Xrn

is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Name: Xrn
Metagames Played: any with team support
Timezone: GMT-5
Potential Activity Issues: school
Bio: mainly play dou rn, dabbled in vgc 2015/recent formats but have minimal experience, started for us east in doubles world cup this year

Name: Darkrium
Metagames Played: VGC 2021 S9 (Best Season), VGC 2021 S10 and S11, VGC 2018 and 2019
Timezone: CST (GMT -6)
Potential Activity Issues: Med school, probably have little time to teambuild but can practice and give advice often
Bio: Won a Mt Silver Tour in S8, 23rd at PC4 Latam Qualifiers (6-3 last game in set 9), Peaked at Top 40 on the VGC S11 Ladder. Slowly but surely getting better! Otherwise I make for a good cheerleader

Last edited:
Name: Yuanyo
Metagames Played: VGC 2021 S9, S10 and S11
Timezone: GMT-5
Potential Activity Issues: Weekdays are hard because of my job but weekends should be okay at any time.
Bio: I started playing VGC in 2020 and I am just looking forward to improve. I made it to LATAM Qualifiers for PC4.

Name: Izzy22x (Izzy)
Metagames Played: all SWSH series, BDSP
Timezone: GMT -8
Potential Activity Issues: Work during the day on weekdays but available nights and weekends.
Bio: I am your cheap 3k who knows how to scout and prep. Pick me last.

Name: Puncho
Metagames Played: S9, S10, S11
Timezone: GMT+1
Potential Activity Issues: Just when I have a full exam week.
Bio: I started playing in the quarentine due to Covid-19. I played EGL with Mewtwo Experiment. I also want to start playing BDSP format in Christmas.
My best tops:
- Top 16 DL-2
- Top 32 DL-7
- Top 32 DL-8
- 33th DL Steel Cup

Name: gio4478 aka blank

Metagames Played: VGC Series 9, 10 and 11, and battle festival doubles
Timezone: GMT+8

Potential Activity Issues: none

Bio:previous member of Giratina Origins Spear Division and Necrozma Prism supporter. Finalist in the Philippine Pokemon League season 6, member of Evergrande Emperors. Top 8 in Players Cup Asia Philippines

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)