Smogon VGC PL - Commencement

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
WE FINALLY DID A MOCK!!!!!!!!!*

1624162243932.png

*Ink had to leave early and jesus christ these guys can't draft

We didn't do manager purchases because I'm still waiting on some people to decide so it probably events out

Agati35000
AuraRayquaza30000
Namuko Pro29000
Liakos26000
maovgc26000
Animus25500
JoeUX922000
YoshiandLugia20000
Gramgus20000
PinkSylvie20000
Hobbit_jr9820000
Mr.GX19500
Clipperz123519000
AtmosphereVGC18000
Serapis17500
Munkey16500
RdmH316000
flyingfalcons716000
Wilfire1016000
TonyFlygon15000
Prinz15000
Brady122515000
raisedintyo14500
Redsilver14500
PrimitiveVGC13000
SableyeVGC13000
PasDer11500
DarkJorch11500
JeanMarc11000
Oriol Plaza10000
Deishu10000
Sunrose10000
Textfont10000
Helios of Sun10000
Arekusabi10000
Sudoku Masta9500
EclipseOwlVGC9500
ZekromZeke9500
Raineko9500
frog!9000
Void9000
InkVGC8500
z0mOG8500
Kotomi8000
kimnaise7500
Asuya7000
TTT4447000
StarRaikou6500
ChosenFuture6500
JagSamurott6500
Tenzai6500
umbry6500
Giokio6000
Ace Emerald6000
Grandmas Cookin6000
Biosci5500
Jashsmash5500
incineraire5500
QueenZard5500
EternalSnowman5500
Gfazzo5000
GalacticVGC5000
Bananers5000
Cobalte4500
Rex Chaos4500
just snores4500
Microwave Raccoon4500
Particular14500
NotErick4500
emma4000
TJ4000
lax4000
The Goomy4000
Memoric3500
Footstool_3500
ExtremeHD3500
Jomatoes3000
Yami3000
He-who-is-not-to-be-named3000
ttr3000
Bertigo043000
mewmart3000
blueebee3000
Eeveon73000
Teka3000
Silensum3000
LightScreener3000
JRL3000
Osada3000
Evelyie3000

WE FINALLY DID A MOCK!!!!!!!!!*

View attachment 351031

*Ink had to leave early and jesus christ these guys can't draft

We didn't do manager purchases because I'm still waiting on some people to decide so it probably events out

Agati35000
AuraRayquaza30000
Namuko Pro29000
Liakos26000
maovgc26000
Animus25500
JoeUX922000
YoshiandLugia20000
Gramgus20000
PinkSylvie20000
Hobbit_jr9820000
Mr.GX19500
Clipperz123519000
AtmosphereVGC18000
Serapis17500
Munkey16500
RdmH316000
flyingfalcons716000
Wilfire1016000
TonyFlygon15000
Prinz15000
Brady122515000
raisedintyo14500
Redsilver14500
PrimitiveVGC13000
SableyeVGC13000
PasDer11500
DarkJorch11500
JeanMarc11000
Oriol Plaza10000
Deishu10000
Sunrose10000
Textfont10000
Helios of Sun10000
Arekusabi10000
Sudoku Masta9500
EclipseOwlVGC9500
ZekromZeke9500
Raineko9500
frog!9000
Void9000
InkVGC8500
z0mOG8500
Kotomi8000
kimnaise7500
Asuya7000
TTT4447000
StarRaikou6500
ChosenFuture6500
JagSamurott6500
Tenzai6500
umbry6500
Giokio6000
Ace Emerald6000
Grandmas Cookin6000
Biosci5500
Jashsmash5500
incineraire5500
QueenZard5500
EternalSnowman5500
Gfazzo5000
GalacticVGC5000
Bananers5000
Cobalte4500
Rex Chaos4500
just snores4500
Microwave Raccoon4500
Particular14500
NotErick4500
emma4000
TJ4000
lax4000
The Goomy4000
Memoric3500
Footstool_3500
ExtremeHD3500
Jomatoes3000
Yami3000
He-who-is-not-to-be-named3000
ttr3000
Bertigo043000
mewmart3000
blueebee3000
Eeveon73000
Teka3000
Silensum3000
LightScreener3000
JRL3000
Osada3000
Evelyie3000
Follow AldrichYan pick and draft me for 3k, I assure you I am a great pick :sunglasses:

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
1624227352052.png

POWER RANKINGS. my own team will be excluded of course. these are all also just my opinions, prove me wrong!

1. - Geosenge Gogoats

I was pretty certain we would end up in this situation. Burns opened up pretty heavily, with his first four picks including two tournament champions in Liakos and Wilfire10, the 10-0 Smogon Major Munkey, and Deishu, one of the hottest builders around right now. I would expect all of these guys to be on the starting roster. Sudoku Masta, who was fanagled from a trade from Zelda, open tour winner, and gen 7 enthusiast can play any of the Alola slots pretty well, and with Spurrific himself, Play on Birds, Footstool, and no one interesting, (and of course emilio support) this looks like one of the best oldgens lineups in the field. I think the last few 21 slots are a little iffy, I'm not sure if Jin has a major tournament result (hell of a guy though) and known dynamax hater umbry is yet to prove herself in any sort of VGC environment.

2. - Eggseter Elekids

Ding opened up SWINGING to start out this draft, grabbing both 2018 NAIC Champ Serapis and up and coming raisedintyo towards the start. Mudhiman as a player needs no introduction I'm sure, regional champion and one of the most well renown builders in the community. If Raghav cares to do well, he'll do well. Radium and TTT444 are solid gen 7 players with numerous top cuts a piece and I'm sure they won't disappoint. I played NPA with kimnaise, the guy's a hard worker and very competent. US West's Vaboh and TJ are making their VGC debuts here, but I'm pretty sure I've seen both of them pick up various tiers in PLs across the site, I'm quite interested (and optimistic) to see if they'll make the adjustment to VGC. Their backhand of the draft is admittedly a little less well known, since Ding had to pick up all 5 of his last players for 3K only, but if they focus on bringing out all the top heavy power of their team I'm sure we'll be seeing numerous 5-3 and 6-2 wins.

3. - Hau'oli City Ohana

The Ohana opted not to draft a manager this year, freeing them to draft the number 1 player in North America, JoeUX9. Joe is a strong force in both 2021 and 2019, and is supported in the latter by Gramgus, who got top 8 at 2019 worlds. Mr.GX rounds out this draft's "big three", a well known ladder player who can take his trusty Suicune to scarily high ladder rankings. Biosci, JeanMarc, GalacticVGC stand out as the other gen 7 talent on this team, with Bio getting top 8* at 2018 NAIC, JeanMarc being a know community member throughout all of gen 7, and Quentin top cutting more regionals than I have snapchat contacts. The rest of the 2021 talent isn't exactly shabby either, frog! is coming off of a top cut at Australia Players Cup, I've seen PasDer regarded as a strong builder, and players such as ZekromZeke, Raineko, Jomatoes, and Ink have been known presences in community side tournaments. Sadly don't know a lot about Smeg or SeaSoil but I think the existing talent has spoken for itself.

4. - Seven Island Stoutlands

I'm not sure if Sam is purposefully setting up some sort of villain arc this tour but it the people that I've seen comment on the draft pointed that out. Sam and Luke's roster could either pop off or flop really hard, which is exactly why I've placed them in the middle. Asuya had a solid NPA, ChosenFuture is one of Australia's finest, top 4'ing two straight Oceania ICs, and Redsilver is a regional champion. PrimitiveVGC has come back from a bit of a hiatus and has been running a really interesting blog while getting some strong results in Mt. Silver tournaments. Memoric is a DOU main who dabbles in VGC from time to time, I watch the guy play frequently enough to know he's got the fundamentals so it all comes down to whether he can grasp the meta. Eeveon7 and Oriol Plaza are newer names to me but I've seen them around in the community enough to know they're probably decent in gen 8 and can adequately start or support. Helios of Sun and Evelyie are new, unproven, and ambitious forces that have been around SmogonVGC for the past few months, I'm very interested to see how they'll do. JagSamurott is one of the most successful unconventional builders which makes him a huge threat in a team tour. The villains round out their list with LC tier leader Coconut, who told me they have some VGC experience, and mystery man SlushiW. Should be an interesting tour for the doggs.

5. - Lumiose Luxray

Let's get the elephant out of the room: the 34.5k on Namuko Pro was a bit ridiculous. Even with some good regional finishes in gen 6 and the more recent Players Cup dominance, that was 9k more than Agati, the next expensive player. Borghi and Aldrich then held on to just Namuko for a while, having everyone real curious what they were saving up for... only for it to be... DarkJorch? Yeah I'm really confused. Smogon players xtra and soulgazer were on Borghi's mind pretty early, but admittedly they're still mostly unproven besides some rumblings I hear on the ladder. PinkSylvie is the biggest name to follow Namuko Pro on this draft: she's very talented but there will be a lot of pressure on her to consistently perform, and probably assist the gen 7 slots too since she's been around. From here the Luxray are pretty much rounding out with decent to above average players in both gen 7 and gen 8, so it really to me feels like their run is dependent on some of these guys overperforming.

6. - Pacifidlog Politoeds

I was so excited to see Melvin and Mattadome manage, and I still think they did an okay job. The main problem is that after Melvin himself, there's a lot of players that haven't really done anything in a while, like TextFont and Void, ones that are complete variables, namely Brady1225 and the chaotic evil flyingfalcons7. Big problem after that is that I just don't know a lot of these guys. If Melvin and Matthias can wrangle this team together, they'll be in decent shape.

7. - Motostoke Eiscues

When your starting three is Human, Agati, and Sohaib, you're off to a really great start. The problem afterwards was that Enosh and ABlast committed mostly to drafting more well known smogoners less proven in VGC, either from the dou sphere like emma/Shadowmonstr7/Paraplegic/Sunrose or from the tournaments sphere, namely Tony and shiloh. 2 months ago I would've thrown z0mOG in this list but he's been doing well in VGC grassroots tours and we practice often so I think he rightfully deserves to be respected as an up and coming VGCer here. Atmosphere's been around for ages now, I'm sure he'll be useful no matter what slot he's put in. The main problem with this draft is just that VGC is uncharted territory for the majority of it, so they'll have to either adapt or die.

Nothing personal in these rankings, and I don't think the teams are too far apart. If you have a few players overperform you're going to be way higher and if just a few underperform you're probably going to hurt. I was gonna do 2019 power rankings too but I don't know who all is playing 2019 yet so maybe I'll be back with those in week 1.

VGCPL PROFILE PICTURE TOP 10 AND BOTTOM 10 LIST

What's up gamers, I'm sure most of you don't know me but I do this for most of the tours I'm in. I apologize to anyone that ends up in the bottom 10 as it really isn't my fault. Now then with Valentines permission I'm gonna go ahead and get right into it. Congrats to everyone who makes it and I hope you're satisfied with your placement.
(Default profile pics are excluded from this ranking)

BOTTOM 10

raisedintyo

Raisedintyo.gif

Chansey isn't really that ugly but the shiny version sure as hell is. You picked a mediocre mon, then chose the ugliest version. I don't have a ton to say about this because it's just overall not cute but it did earn you a spot in my prestigious PFPPR

Namuko Pro
Namuko Pro.jpg

This is another one where it's not THAT bad but it's just bad enough. This mon is straight up hideous and the picture isn't appealing either. Again I don't have a ton to say because it's really not THAT bad it's just an ugly Pokemon.

Deishu
Deishu.jpg

This probably should have just been "bad" and not "bottom 10" but sadly for you a lot of VGC players just keep default avatars, so the pool was actually pretty small. this picture is kinda w/e it's just a dog (furry?) but the real issue is the resolution. I'm pretty sure this was taken with a DSI underwater. It's ok tho It's not as bad as the rest to come.

Cobalte
Cobalte.png

My biggest issue with this 1 is that you picked a pretty cute mon, then chose the worst picture you could find. Despite still having the checkered background and just being blurry, it's also just giving the middle finger (edgelord!!!!), I really hope you find a cuter picture of Clefable this is just a disaster

maovgc
MaoVGC.png

The problem here lies mostly in the UGLY ASS Pokemon you chose for your picture, the art is pretty w/e and the ink splashes are probably cool in some timeline but god that thing is so damn ugly I can't believe there's people who would use this.. No offense tho haha...

Pyreon
Pyreon.png

This is the last 1 that's just because it's an ugly Pokemon I swear. God DAMN that thing is fucking hideous, Look at that Pinocchio ripoff my god the nose on that thing is DANGER. Just a hideous Pokemon the picture is pretty whatever.

Oriol Plaza

Oriol Plaza.jpg

I do not know, or care, what is going on in this image. All I know is this looks like someone Spilled Water on a Walkie Talkie and then used it to take this image. I literally have nothing to say because I can not tell what is going on Lmfao.

z0mOG

Z0mog.gif

You literally switched your PFP while I was writing this but it's too late. Obviously this is a shitpost PFP but this is fuckin nasty what am I even looking at. The one you changed to is pretty okay? compared to this anything is I guess, anything besides these next 2.

Human

Human.png

My god you probably would have escaped my eyes if you had just put a Darm on a Glastrier, but the faces? nah nah. That shit is NASTY god it's kinda terrifying. I don't know what Possesses you guys to do this to yourselves but as long as you like it you shouldn't let some weeb shit on your PFP. GL

JagSamurott
JagSamurott.gif

I knew before I even clicked on your Picture that it was going to be awful. No WAY a human being who likes Samurott has even slightly respectable taste. I don't know if this is from like Fortnite or some other game 12 years olds play but god what am I looking at. I'll keep you in my prayers and I hope you get the help you need.

TOP 10

Vaboh

Vaboh.jpg

This one's not really amazing but it's aesthetically nice, the Pool sucked since so many people had Defaults so a lot of just "good" ones ended up in the top 10, but congrats regardless =D

ZekromZeke

ZekromZeke.jpg

I won't lie I was expecting something terrible when I saw your name but this one is pretty solid. From #9->#6 are all pretty close in how good they are so it was tough to rank them but they're all solid and pretty cute so take pride in your rank.

LightScreener

LightScreener.jpg

This one probably could have been a few lower but the picture is kinda cute so I just went off instinct and put it where I felt it belonged. Something about the face she's making was cute enough for me to give it #8 but this should probably be #10 realistically.

umbry
Umbry.png

Keqing might not be in the upper tier of the Genshin Girls but the picture is still really cute and very aesthetically pleasing. I recommend switching to MonaGang as that would probably move you up the ranks and would raise peoples opinions of you (as she's obviously the best). This picture is still cute tho oops :3

Eeveon7

Eeveon7.png

This was another one where I read the name and assumed it would be some furry shit or just a picture of Eevee but I was pleasantly surprised to come across a pretty adorable picture. Cute girl, Cute scenery, Good Colors, this picture does everything pretty well and it's really adorable I like it more the more I look at it.

no one interesting

No One Interesting.jpg

You may not be interesting but your profile picture is! It's super adorable and has an artstyle I always find really amazing, With a cute color palette and a cute girl+ the background I'm not sure what's not to like here. Grats.

lax
Lax.jpg

There's probably some bias here since I like this Character+Movie a lot, But I think the overall image is pretty badass as well. Rengoku is super fire and this picture is pretty good art of him. Not a ton to say but you guys should watch the Demon Slayer Movie.

RdmH3
RDMH3.png

I thought for sure a guy who scrambled his username was gonna have a default mon but this turned out to be really cute.
I just really like the whited out character the dark background. It just has a cool aesthetic to it and while it's not as cute as some of the ones above it is cooler than most :3

Memoric

Memoric.png

This picture is just really fuckin cute. I don't know what to talk about since not a ton is going on but I LOVE the Red color used for her hair and in contrast with the Blue outfit OML it's so good. Overall a really cute picture definitely deserving of the #2 slot.

Helios of Sun

Helios Of Sun.jpg

This does feel pretty bland for a #1 pick but I really didn't know what to do. This one was just overall cutest even though Memoric's did put up a fight. It has a really adorable color theme and a cute girl with the stars in the background and I can't find anything that's not cute in this image. Congrats on Winning the VGCPL Profile Picture PR!

(I normally try to add some non anime PFP's in the top 10 but god you guys have some terrible PFP's mixed in with like 40 defaults)
Congrats to everyone who made it on the top/bottom 10!

Last edited:

Borghi

Banana eater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

What's up gamers, I'm sure most of you don't know me but I do this for all the tours I'm in, I apologize to anyone that ends up in the bottom 10 as it really isn't my fault. I'm gonna go ahead and get right into it. Congrats to everyone who makes it and I hope you're satisfied with your placement. (Default profile pics are excluded from this ranking)

BOTTOM 10

raisedintyo

View attachment 351566
Chansey isn't really that ugly but the shiny version sure as hell is. You picked a mediocre mon, then chose the ugliest version. I don't have a ton to say about this because it's just overall not cute but it did earn you a spot in my prestigious PFPPR

Namuko Pro
View attachment 351567

This is another one where it's not THAT bad but it's just bad enough. This mon is straight up hideous and the picture isn't appealing either. Again I don't have a ton to say because it's really not THAT bad it's just an ugly Pokemon.

Deishu
View attachment 351568

This probably should have just been "bad" and not "bottom 10" but sadly for you a lot of VGC players just keep default avatars, so the pool was actually pretty small. this picture is kinda w/e it's just a dog (furry?) but the real issue is the resolution. I'm pretty sure this was taken with a DSI underwater. It's ok tho It's not as bad as the rest to come.

Cobalte
View attachment 351570

My biggest issue with this 1 is that you picked a pretty cute mon, then chose the worst picture you could find. Despite still having the checkered background and just being blurry, it's also just giving the middle finger (edgelord!!!!), I really hope you find a cuter picture of Clefable this is just a disaster

maovgc
View attachment 351571

The problem here lies mostly in the UGLY ASS Pokemon you chose for your picture, the art is pretty w/e and the ink splashes are probably cool in some timeline but god that thing is so damn ugly I can't believe there's people who would use this.. No offense tho haha...

Pyreon
View attachment 351572

This is the last 1 that's just because it's an ugly Pokemon I swear. God DAMN that thing is fucking hideous, Look at that Pinocchio ripoff my god the nose on that thing is DANGER. Just a hideous Pokemon the picture is pretty whatever.

Oriol Plaza

View attachment 351573
I do not know, or care, what is going on in this image. All I know is this looks like someone Spilled Water on a Walkie Talkie and then used it to take this image. I literally have nothing to say because I can not tell what is going on Lmfao.

z0mOG

View attachment 351574
You literally switched your PFP while I was writing this but it's too late. Obviously this is a shitpost PFP but this is fuckin nasty what am I even looking at. The one you changed to is pretty okay? compared to this anything is I guess, anything besides these next 2.

Human

View attachment 351575
My god you probably would have escaped my eyes if you had just put a Darm on a Glastrier, but the faces? nah nah. That shit is NASTY god it's kinda terrifying. I don't know what Possesses you guys to do this to yourselves but as long as you like it you shouldn't let some weeb shit on your PFP. GL

JagSamurott
View attachment 351576

I knew before I even clicked on your Picture that it was going to be awful. No WAY a human being who likes Samurott has even slightly respectable taste. I don't know if this is from like Fortnite or some other game 12 years olds play but god what am I looking at. I'll keep you in my prayers and I hope you get the help you need.

TOP 10

Vaboh

View attachment 351577
This one's not really amazing but it's aesthetically nice, the Pool sucked since so many people had Defaults so a lot of just "good" ones ended up in the top 10, but congrats regardless =D

ZekromZeke

View attachment 351580
I won't lie I was expecting something terrible when I saw your name but this one is pretty solid. From #9->#6 are all pretty close in how good they are so it was tough to rank them but they're all solid and pretty cute so take pride in your rank.

LightScreener

View attachment 351583
This one probably could have been a few lower but the picture is kinda cute so I just went off instinct and put it where I felt it belonged. Something about the face she's making was cute enough for me to give it #8 but this should probably be #10 realistically.

umbry
View attachment 351581

Keqing might not be in the upper tier of the Genshin Girls but the picture is still really cute and very aesthetically pleasing. I recommend switching to MonaGang as that would probably move you up the ranks and would raise peoples opinions of you (as she's obviously the best). This picture is still cute tho oops :3

Eeveon7

View attachment 351582
This was another one where I read the name and assumed it would be some furry shit or just a picture of Eevee but I was pleasantly surprised to come across a pretty adorable picture. Cute girl, Cute scenery, Good Colors, this picture does everything pretty well and it's really adorable I like it more the more I look at it.

no one interesting

View attachment 351584
You may not be interesting but your profile picture is! It's super adorable and has an artstyle I always find really amazing, With a cute color palette and a cute girl+ the background I'm not sure what's not to like here. Grats.

lax
View attachment 351585

There's probably some bias here since I like this Character+Movie a lot, But I think the overall image is pretty badass as well. Rengoku is super fire and this picture is pretty good art of him. Not a ton to say but you guys should watch the Demon Slayer Movie.

RdmH3
View attachment 351590

I thought for sure a guy who scrambled his username was gonna have a default mon but this turned out to be really cute.
I just really like the whited out character the dark background. It just has a cool aesthetic to it and while it's not as cute as some of the ones above it is cooler than most :3

Memoric

View attachment 351589
This picture is just really fuckin cute. I don't know what to talk about since not a ton is going on but I LOVE the Red color used for her hair and in contrast with the Blue outfit OML it's so good. Overall a really cute picture definitely deserving of the #2 slot.

Helios of Sun

View attachment 351596
This does feel pretty bland for a #1 pick but I really didn't know what to do. This one was just overall cutest even though Memoric's did put up a fight. It has a really adorable color theme and a cute girl with the stars in the background and I can't find anything that's not cute in this image. Congrats on Winning the VGCPL Profile Picture PR!

What a shitpost, the entire t10 is dumb anime

Namuko Pro

THE Mr. 34.5k
This mon is straight up hideous and the picture isn't appealing either. Again I don't have a ton to say because it's really not THAT bad it's just an ugly Pokemon.​
It's so sad to learn that some people have such objectively terrible taste in Pokemon :blobpensive:

dumb anime
Dude you literally spent over a quarter of your budget on some weeb named after an obscure video game series about anime girls, better watch your mouth before I decide the view from the bench looks awfully nice

What's up gamers, I'm sure most of you don't know me but I do this for most of the tours I'm in. I apologize to anyone that ends up in the bottom 10 as it really isn't my fault. Now then with Valentines permission I'm gonna go ahead and get right into it. Congrats to everyone who makes it and I hope you're satisfied with your placement.

BOTTOM 10

raisedintyo

View attachment 351566

Namuko Pro
View attachment 351567

Deishu
View attachment 351568

Cobalte
View attachment 351570

maovgc
View attachment 351571

Pyreon
View attachment 351572

Oriol Plaza

View attachment 351573

z0mOG

View attachment 351574

Human

View attachment 351575

JagSamurott
View attachment 351576

TOP 10

Vaboh

View attachment 351577

ZekromZeke

View attachment 351580

LightScreener

View attachment 351583

umbry
View attachment 351581

Eeveon7

View attachment 351582

no one interesting

View attachment 351584

lax
View attachment 351585

RdmH3
View attachment 351590

Memoric

View attachment 351589

Helios of Sun

View attachment 351596

(I normally try to add some non anime PFP's in the top 10 but god you guys have some terrible PFP's mixed in with like 40 defaults)
WeirdChamp

BOTTOM 10

raisedintyo

View attachment 351566

Namuko Pro
View attachment 351567

Deishu
View attachment 351568

Cobalte
View attachment 351570

maovgc
View attachment 351571

Pyreon
View attachment 351572

Oriol Plaza

View attachment 351573

z0mOG

View attachment 351574

Human

View attachment 351575

JagSamurott
View attachment 351576

TOP 10

Vaboh

View attachment 351577

ZekromZeke

View attachment 351580

LightScreener

View attachment 351583

umbry
View attachment 351581

Eeveon7

View attachment 351582

no one interesting

View attachment 351584

lax
View attachment 351585

RdmH3
View attachment 351590

Memoric

View attachment 351589

Helios of Sun

View attachment 351596

This is essentially, "Reject everything, accept anime".

BOTTOM 10

raisedintyo

View attachment 351566

Namuko Pro
View attachment 351567

Deishu
View attachment 351568

Cobalte
View attachment 351570

maovgc
View attachment 351571

Pyreon
View attachment 351572

Oriol Plaza

View attachment 351573

z0mOG

View attachment 351574

Human

View attachment 351575

JagSamurott
View attachment 351576

TOP 10

Vaboh

View attachment 351577

ZekromZeke

View attachment 351580

LightScreener

View attachment 351583

umbry
View attachment 351581

Eeveon7

View attachment 351582

no one interesting

View attachment 351584

lax
View attachment 351585

RdmH3
View attachment 351590

Memoric

View attachment 351589

Helios of Sun

View attachment 351596

I am a proud man. Thank you!

BOTTOM 10

raisedintyo

View attachment 351566

Namuko Pro
View attachment 351567

Deishu
View attachment 351568

Cobalte
View attachment 351570

maovgc
View attachment 351571

Pyreon
View attachment 351572

Oriol Plaza

View attachment 351573

z0mOG

View attachment 351574

Human

View attachment 351575

JagSamurott
View attachment 351576

TOP 10

Vaboh

View attachment 351577

ZekromZeke

View attachment 351580

LightScreener

View attachment 351583

umbry
View attachment 351581

Eeveon7

View attachment 351582

no one interesting

View attachment 351584

lax
View attachment 351585

RdmH3
View attachment 351590

Memoric

View attachment 351589

Helios of Sun

View attachment 351596

I am very offended and will assume it's because I am manager and not player </3

Zeal

DPL Champion
VGCPL power rankings

Magmas are a huge threat with both an amazing 21 and oldgens roster. Because zee and Tagmouse are great at 19 and 17 respectively, drafting themselves allowed them to get one strong 18 player, Animus, then focus on drafting players for 21 including mao, Prinz, Sableye, and Yoshiandlugia. Clipperz is a name I haven't heard until recently but they just made top 16 players cup in NA. Tenzai and LightScreener are also solid DOU players who have the potential to do well if they are committed and the same goes for lax. This team is strong in every format and weak in seemingly none, so I would be surprised if they didn't make playoffs.
Elekids have a very strong roster of gen 7 players with Serapis, RdmH3, and TTT444 with mudhiman likely on support playing 21. Raisedintyo and kimnaise are also very solid 21 players. I don't recognize any of the other names, but as long as they can support their last two slots this team can make a deep run. I don't really have much to say about this team but I think they're strong.
When I first saw this team I wasn't particularly impressed, but on closer inspection looks to be one of the stronger teams here. Asuya and AuraRayquaza are very consistent and reliable players for 21 while ChosenFuture and Redsilver will probably be doing well playing old formats. I also wouldn't be surprised to see DOU main Memoric starting for 21. We were teammates for APAC league season 2 and he pretty much carried. If you provide him the teams, he'll provide the wins. JagSamurott aka AveragePikachu is also an interesting pick for 19 with their creative teambuilding and will likely be very valuable help for whoever is playing in 19. Last two 21 slots seem kinda iffy but overall a very solid team.
Megamite and Fumito have drafted a strong squad starting with JoeUX9 and Mr.GX, who can do well in 21 and gen 7 formats, and Gramgus who will be playing only gen 7 but will provide invaluable support to all gen 7 slots. Additionally, Biosci, JeanMarc, and Galactic are all great in gen 7 with many regional/international top cuts between them. For the rest of the 21 slots, Raineko, frog!, and PasDer are all solid players. I don't know much about the rest of the players, but the team is very solid overall.
Politoeds is a team I feel like many people will be sleeping on but I wouldn't count them out. Osada, GoogleDad, Void, TextFont, and mewmart have been world cup teammates for years now and are all individually accomplished players. Asada Shino is also well known in the Singaporean VGC community, so they all have experience working together and the chemistry is already there. Besides that, Melvin and Matthias have also drafted very strong players in Brady, flyingfalcons, and Hobbit who all can play well in multiple formats. They've also decided to take a chance on two senior players, Teka and cyan_vg. I know Teka has done well in Desafio Latam and I believe cyan has done well in senior players cup, so there's no doubt these guys are skilled enough to compete. Speaking from personal experience, I'd jump at any chance to beat masters in any kind of tournament setting so if these two are anything like that they will do well. They've also drafted EsclipseOwl who'll be solid support for both 18 and 19. Overall I think that a few players will need to overperform in order for this team to make playoffs but I can definitely see it happening.
This team just seems underwhelming. Namuko Pro is an great player and PinkSylvie is also solid but no one on this team really stands out after that. I have no idea who Arekusabi is but they were drafted for quite a bit so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and trust that they're solid. Other than that though, I can't even see who their oldgens starters are even gonna be besides possibly Grandmas Cookin on 18, so this team is just a huge question mark for me and looks like it's gonna rely on Namuko Pro carrying.
I see what Human and Arcticblast were going for but I just don't see it working. Paraplegic, emma, Sunrose, Shadowmonstr, and JRL are all solid DOU players but with BW/XY/SM cup, seasonals, and doubles OST going on right now I'm not sure how much time they're willing to commit to learning a new format. shiloh and TonyFlygon are both singles players and I have no doubt that either of them can pick up a format and do well in it but again, it really depends on how motivated they are. The main problem here is that over half of the roster needs to actually learn a format rather than just one or two players like most teams have done. That being said though, Human, Agati, Sohaib, and atmosphere can all play in almost any slot so they do have the privilege of being flexible and allowing the other half of the roster play whichever format clicks with them the most.

Reactions: zee

BOTTOM 10

raisedintyo

View attachment 351566

Namuko Pro
View attachment 351567

Deishu
View attachment 351568

Cobalte
View attachment 351570

maovgc
View attachment 351571

Pyreon
View attachment 351572

Oriol Plaza

View attachment 351573

z0mOG

View attachment 351574

Human

View attachment 351575

JagSamurott
View attachment 351576

TOP 10

Vaboh

View attachment 351577

ZekromZeke

View attachment 351580

LightScreener

View attachment 351583

umbry
View attachment 351581

Eeveon7

View attachment 351582

no one interesting

View attachment 351584

lax
View attachment 351585

RdmH3
View attachment 351590

Memoric

View attachment 351589

Helios of Sun

View attachment 351596

I just think you're too horny on main.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

JagSamurott
View attachment 351576

I know this is a joke but comparing TF2 to fornite should be a crime :pirate:

jersey.pngMOTOSTOKEeiscue.pngEISCUESjersey.png (shoutouts to GenOne for the logos)

Arcticblast and I are managing the Motostoke Eiscues this year. We set out to get some established VGC players and a lot of Smogon and DOU players for our team and managed to do just that! I got my VGC start here on Smogon, and I'm excited to give others that experience. These players are all damn good at Pokemon and they're going to show it

Borghi

Banana eater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This team just seems underwhelming. Namuko Pro is an great player and PinkSylvie is also solid but no one on this team really stands out after that. I have no idea who Arekusabi is but they were drafted for quite a bit so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and trust that they're solid. Other than that though, I can't even see who their oldgens starters are even gonna be besides possibly Grandmas Cookin on 18, so this team is just a huge question mark for me and looks like it's gonna rely on Namuko Pro carrying.
Oldgens are PinkSylvie, StarRaikou, EclipseOwl, ChainedChomper (Scarlet (Dylan Salvanera)), Cobalte. Star Raikou is a 2017 Regional Champ, Dylan won a reg in 2018, PinkSylvie cut a reg in 2019 and did well in NPA that year, EclipseOwl made d2 of EUIC in 2019. Cobalte has played every format since 2011

Arekusabi is a player from Puerto Rico who has a bunch of online results in the last year and they were a Symbiont in NPA this year. Read their signup posts lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)