Announcement Smogon VGC Community Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
No, we aren't suspect testing anything! With just over 3 months left of this year, we've got some big plans in the works and some very exciting times ahead of us. However, before we start laying bricks on the foundation, we'd like to hear from YOU!

You don't have to be an established VGCer or Smogon user to answer this survey. If you lurk around our community, or even just the wider smogon/VGC community in general, you're probably more than qualified to answer a couple of these questions. Do note that even though the survey asks for your username, you totally have the option to remain anonymous if you'd like to do so. Additionally, you can answer as many or as few questions as you'd like.

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Responses have slowed down to the point where I'm comfortable to post and dissect the data. However, since this post will be acting as a sort of bump to the thread, the survey will be open for another 48 hours in case any stragglers are reading this. Thanks for participating, let's get in to the breakdown!

There were 8 questions that made up this survey, 4 of which being yes/no/[other] questions and 4 being open ended. I want to talk about 4 specific questions and share my thoughts on those.

Question 1 - On Circuit Tournaments - Smogon VGC launched its first circuit for 2021 and will be running a 2022 circuit consisting of the following: 2x Double Elimination Bracket Tournaments, 1x Scramble!, 1x Ladder Tournament, 1x Cartridge Tournament, 1x Past Format Tournament. These tournaments will result in an invite-only playoff. Do you think this lineup works?

Sorry that was a word problem's worth of text, but basically, the question is asking if people liked our planned circuit lineup for next year. 82.9% of voters responded yes, with 5.7% responding no. The other responses included things like asking for 2x Scramble! tours and no ladder tournament. We'll take these comments in mind for sure when putting the finishing touches on the 2022 circuit!

Question 2 - On Entry Fee Tournaments - Smogon VGC got approval to run Entry Fee (~$5-$10) Tournaments this past spring. Would you like to see these types of tournaments from us?

Unsurprisingly, money is a pretty big motivator for competition! 74.3% of respondents answered Yes, which, while lower than the circuit approval, is still plenty for us to move ahead with a few of these soon. Do note that these tournament's wont replace any planned 2022 circuit events, which seemed to be a concern among some of the "other respondents". 14.3% of respondents were a hard "no".

Question 4 - On Community Engagement - Do you think we do enough advertising in the community (either VGC community or Smogon community)? if not, what changes can we make to be more visible?

This question used a short answer format. The majority of the responses were one of two things: No, current engagement is fine, or that a Smogon VGC Twitter account to better communicate our happenings would be appreciated. I liked this suggestion, even if I tweet a lot about our happenings on my Twitter and use the Smogon Twitter whenever possible. Expect our official account to be created during the week!

Question 6 - On Tutoring - Would you be interested in joining a team of people starting a tutoring project for Smogon's Battling 101 Program?

52.8% of the total respondents to this question voted Yes, which is pretty good! Raineko will be getting in contact with those who responded, so look out for that soon!

Questions 3 and 5, which ask about our moderation team and our tournament hosting, respectively, were resoundingly positive! We appreciate your support, and as such don't really need to dive too deep into these questions.

Questions 7 and 8 were open ended feedback questions about the Pokemon Showdown VGC Room and our VGC Analyses, respectively. There were some valid points raised in both of these questions and I'll be sharing the responses that stood out to me with the respective staff teams of these sections.

Overall, this survey very much accomplished what I wanted it to do and I couldn't be happier that we took the time to put it together and people cared enough to respond. Thanks everyone and see you again soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)