Smogon Superstars III - Playoff Qualifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally hosted by tripe, hosted this year by undisputed and ENZ0
Smogon Superstars (Won by Jibaku) | Smogon Superstars II (Won by 6A9 Ace Matador)
Round 1 | Round 2

Welcome everyone to the third installment of Smogon Superstars. In this tournament, Smogon's big name players will duke it out to see who is the best.

Rules and Clauses

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Pokemon in the Uber tier are banned.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Ingrain Smeargle is banned

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
The below items and abilities are also banned.

Items

All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Abilities

Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Specific Rules and Information
  • The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. Just know that it won't be your vanilla BW / DPP / ADV best of three!
  • In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!
  • Activity decisions will be given out as seen fit. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity, the match will not count for anyone win or loss. To avoid gaming this system, Wins is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.
  • No complaining in this tournament. Everyone is a very good, so you don't need to complain. Your rep isn't at stake if Philip7086 managed to hax his way to a win. I will be personally enforcing this rule.
This should be a very short round as we determine that final two top sixteen spots. These players are in:

1. xtrashine (15-3)
  2. Ojama (13-5)
  3. Ironbullet93 (13-5)
  4. Wilson46 (12-5)
  5. Philip7086 (12-6)
  6. Krack (12-6)
  7. 6A9 Ace Matador (12-6)
  8. Aeroblacktyl (11-6)
  9. M Dragon (11-6)
  10. Iconic (11-7)
  11. Eo Ut Mortus (11-7)
  12. DracoMalfoy (11-7)
  13. Taylor (11-7)
  14. Heist (11-7)
These players will be fighting for slots fifteen and sixteen:

1. ToF (10-8)
  2. Stone Cold (10-8)
  3. Franky (10-8)
  4. Nachos (10-8)
  5. Ciele (10-8)
  6. LizardMan (10-8)
  7. McMeghan (10-8)
  8. reyscarface (10-8)
  9. DarkLucario (10-8)
  10. Steven Snype (9-9)
The format will be:

Nachos @ ToF
reyscarface @ Stone Cold
Snype @ Franky
McMeghan vs. Ciele

Snype @ Stone Cold
Nachos vs. McMeghan

McMeghan vs. Stone Cold

ENZ0 and I decided that the three pool winners choosing their pairing was too much of an advantage, so pairings were randomized. Franky, ToF, and Stone will all be able to choose the generation they want to play against their listed opponent. McMeghan vs. Lizardman and DL vs. Ciele can each eliminate a generation they don't want to play (which leaves one neutral generation).

Make these battles fast! I am not afraid to give out activity wins for the sake of speeding this up to the playoffs. I'm gonna give you guys until I get home on Thursday to have your current done.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
lost, my luck acts up once more in the form of a fuckload of misses to lose me the game, cant say gg on that one.

lost four of my last five games due to hax to prevent making the top 16. i dont give a fuck if you said no complaining, fuck this. obviously lost to nachos because he's amazing (due to luck).

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
gg bro, i hate knocking out another bro.

i chose dpp again (aka the only tier im good at) and it was a real nail biter.

EDIT: Clearing up my nebulous post.

McMeghan vs Nachos can happen now.

In the last match Stone Cold vs (McMeghan vs Nachos) neither player will get a homefield advantage. Each player picks a tier among ADV OU, DPP OU, and BW OU, and the tier that is left is the one you play.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm not playing again. undisputed told snype I choose. it was his call. sorry.

no stone you goofball

he meant that if you play the winner of nachos vs. mcmeghan for slot 15/16, then neither of you will choose. you're already in.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
ohhh okay, sorry haha his wording hella confused me.

yeah that works. but can we just choose a number 1-10 instead lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)