Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

How do I get a gif of Legends Arceus mons? :sv/kleavor: doesn't work.
It hasn't been made yet I assume, this thread deals with the animations, and when they make kleavor, it will eventually be added here. You can also insert what is currently in there with insert image by choosing the "By URL" option, and pasting the gif link from there for what is currently available. So to answer your question, I don't believe you can right now.

I just got messaged that I'm not allowed to have two accounts. My new account is KaylaPops/this one and my old account is Vampcakes. I don't use Vampcakes anymore because I lost the log in info/I got rid of the email address associated with that account. I already messaged a few staff members to see what I need to do. Is there anything specific I need to do? How do I erase an old account that I don't use anymore?

looking into this - kaede

Last edited by a moderator:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
How do I go about making my own custom format?
If it makes a single objective change you submit it as an OM (discussion for OM ideas here)

If it works with non-objective changes like fakemon, then it's a solomod: you can contact Pet Mods coders if you want it to get it made on the Dragon Heaven side server

Or do you mean making a special ruleset for challenges with friends?

Is there a list compiled somewhere of all the suspect tests and quickbans that have affected a given tier over the last few generations?

This is probably a stupid question but where do yall get the gifs of pokemon's 3d models and they're little sprites to use in threads? I tried copying the gif from the Strategy Dex but it wouldn't work.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
This is probably a stupid question but where do yall get the gifs of pokemon's 3d models and they're little sprites to use in threads? I tried copying the gif from the Strategy Dex but it wouldn't work.
the minisprites are just :pokemon: for example, :pikachu:
the gifs follow a similar idea, but you have to put the shortened name for the pokemon's generation first. For example, if you want the gif to use the sprite from Scarlet and Violet, you'd use :sv/pokemon:. The codes used are "rb/" for Red and Blue, "gs/" for Gold and Silver, "rs/" for Ruby and Sapphire, "dp/" for Diamond and Pearl, "bw/" for Black and White, "xy/" for X and Y, "sm/" for Sun and Moon, "ss/" for Sword and Shield and "sv/" for Scarlet and Violet, though all the sprites for the 3D generations tend to be similar, so you can generally just use "sv/". Here's how they all look.
:rb/pikachu::gs/pikachu::rs/pikachu::dp/pikachu::bw/pikachu::xy/pikachu::sm/pikachu::ss/pikachu::sv/pikachu:

Hi, I seemed to have mistakenly posted my suggestion in the wrong 'suggestion' sub-forum and was redirected here by mathfreak231 (sorry for the tag and thanks for redirecting me) anyhoo

I was wondering if there could be a "Great Work" reaction for the people that post teams etc. it feels sort of weird that theres only Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad and Angry. Having a Great Work reaction would potentially show that the team or build or just a post in general.

The Pokémon reaction icon could be a Staryu, I guessed on the size of the reactions if the size isn't right I've also provided the original unscaled version so that whoever sets them up can rescale if it needs to be.

scaledSmogon Staryu Reaction.png
unscaledUnscaled Smogon Staryu Reaction.png

Last edited:

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hi, I seemed to have mistakenly posted my suggestion in the wrong 'suggestion' sub-forum and was redirected here by mathfreak231 (sorry for the tag and thanks for redirecting me) anyhoo

I was wondering if there could be a "Great Work" reaction for the people that post teams etc. it feels sort of weird that theres only Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad and Angry. Having a Great Work reaction would potentially show that the team or build or just a post in general.

The Pokémon reaction icon could be a Staryu, I guessed on the size of the reactions if the size isn't right I've also provided the original unscaled version so that whoever sets them up can rescale if it needs to be.

scaledView attachment 481167
unscaledView attachment 481168
There's no plans to add any more reacts as of now.
Is raging bull's screen destroying effect a reference to "bull in a china shop"?
Maybe? Not really the best place to ask though.

Small idea for the dex, but on move pages Pokemon that have a set recommending the move should be in bold, similar to how held item pages list Pokemon that have a moveset recommending them. Would be just a little easier to scout out viable moves

Need some guidelines on where to post. So I'm building a doubles team and need some suggestions on finalizing the team.
I know RMT are for teams that are already finnished but where should I post this then?

the minisprites are just :pokemon: for example, :pikachu:
the gifs follow a similar idea, but you have to put the shortened name for the pokemon's generation first. For example, if you want the gif to use the sprite from Scarlet and Violet, you'd use :sv/pokemon:. The codes used are "rb/" for Red and Blue, "gs/" for Gold and Silver, "rs/" for Ruby and Sapphire, "dp/" for Diamond and Pearl, "bw/" for Black and White, "xy/" for X and Y, "sm/" for Sun and Moon, "ss/" for Sword and Shield and "sv/" for Scarlet and Violet, though all the sprites for the 3D generations tend to be similar, so you can generally just use "sv/". Here's how they all look.
:rb/pikachu::gs/pikachu::rs/pikachu::dp/pikachu::bw/pikachu::xy/pikachu::sm/pikachu::ss/pikachu::sv/pikachu:
Thank you so much ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)