Smogon Fantasy Football 2010

I would play only if im in league A... Doesnt look possible tho. Even tho im a fantasy football vet, I aint a Smogon Fantasy football vet. So ehh, just sayin

I would play only if im in league A... Doesnt look possible tho. Even tho im a fantasy football vet, I aint a Smogon Fantasy football vet. So ehh, just sayin
Yeh, im kinda feeling the same way right now. The B league doesnt seem to have anyone from omni's second league, and id rather be in the league with people that have been doing fantasy fb for a while

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see why people are so unwilling to play in League B. Fantasy Football is not difficult to figure out and play, and even first year people can be just as much of a challenge. I won the first league I ever played in, and there were several participants with many years of experience. If you're too cool to be in the B league then I'll take you off the list, but I think it would be a bit silly. I'm going to add LoveDestiny and Mind anyway for the time being.

I don't see why people are so unwilling to play in League B. Fantasy Football is not difficult to figure out and play, and even first year people can be just as much of a challenge. I won the first league I ever played in, and there were several participants with many years of experience. If you're too cool to be in the B league then I'll take you off the list, but I think it would be a bit silly. I'm going to add LoveDestiny and Mind anyway for the time being.
Well its not completely that, I think its more of an activity preference to be in the first league... If you're with people who have been doing it for a few years theyll stay active and its more competitive, while first timers might be the opposite

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well its not completely that, I think its more of an activity preference to be in the first league... If you're with people who have been doing it for a few years theyll stay active and its more competitive, while first timers might be the opposite
Actually I would think that newcomers would be more eager to be active since it's all new to them. I was ridiculously active my first season and couldn't get enough fantasy football! I understand your concern though, but luckily with fantasy an inactive person won't slow the season down at all. Also remember that being in the A League doesn't make inactivity any less possible, as was the case with polis4rule last year.

Looks like I might have to start a list for a THIRD league, judging by the responses and the fact that half of last year's league hasn't posted yet. I'll start a list but if we don't get a decent number those people might be S.O.L.

Its not that I think im too cool, its just that League A has people I am very familiar with and have people I communicate with in the Smogon community regularly. It would not only be a competitive game for me, but an A+ fun experience. League B, I barely talk to almost all of those guys, so I won't have very much enthusiasm.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
You guys are silly. We can figure out who is in which league later. "Vets" can be split up, or you guys can stop whining and maybe actually get to know some new people, or whatever yo.

Also, we can alter the size of the leagues to accomodate more or less people. Three leagues of 10, two leagues of 12, two leagues of 14... all reasonable to me. *shrug*

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Fanks Mystery :D. I'll just keep adding people for a while and when we get a final tally I can decide how best to split the leagues. I think having the Vets distributed throughout the leagues would actually be a good thing so 1) newcomers can see good examples 2) everyone can meet and compete with people they haven't before and 3) so it doesn't become clique-ish and one league is considered "superior" to the other.

Oh and I added you Rewer.

lol uh...vets wants to stay together cause we have history. like every year i want to totally rape justin8649 and his panthers fandom. i wanna kill lloki in the playoffs. i wanna get revenge on mizuno for winning bball two years ago. it's no fun if i have to put up with randomx7086. we'd have no history, i wont be able to trash talk, or if i do im just a complete asshole with no merit. this is why all vets want to stick together. new comers only get in when someone leaves. just how it is

Yahoo has track of our past 4 years of history or something. I'm sure we will have a couple of open spots for other people that have familiarity with us though.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Signing up to play as always.

Yo Justin, if you're a commish can we have the same league as last year? It was solid with activity.

Or least a similar league.

EDIT: Aldaron / MoP / Loki / Huy / Zerowing / omni / goofball / MrE / Justin / Synre should all be in the same league, as we have history together and the most fun playing while talking shit back and forth.

EDIT #2: Looks like we have an even 10 vets here so far, so I'd be down for splitting it down the middle, but I definitely don't want like 8 vets in one league and 2 alone in another.

I just renewed the league and sent auto-invites to most of the regs. I have a tentative draft time of August 28 @ 8pm edt

I'll edit this post with people who have joined so far:

Justin8649
Aldaron
zerowing
Mr. E
Loki
MoP
tad38

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
looks like it's probably gonna be Yahoo so we can keep the leagues consistent. Justin please let me know if/when all the regs join up and their names so I can redistribute the remaining people from League A to the other groups. Thanks!

pick me winger buddy !

hopefully i can avoid getting owned as badly at your sport as i owned you at mine...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Ok I updated the first league to (hopefully) its finalized form, and moved a couple people to League C (temporarily) til we can sort out the sizes. Might have to make B and C two leagues of 10 or so unless more people sign up. Let me know if you were in group A and I accidentally deleted you instead of moving to C, but I think I got everyone.

Also Justin if you'd PM me the group info that would be outstanding!

Requesting to take my name off the Smogon Fantasy Football list for any group list. I think I will just manage 1 team this year with my friends. Two would be a minor thorn to my side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)