Smogon book club

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would actually love to do this (I've been trying to read more instead of loafing around on the internet), but I have midterms until the end of March and then finals until the end of April. However, if you're still around then, (and I might even try a few weeks!) I'll probably join in.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I probably won't participate but I can definitely vouch for the quality of that book, having read the first half. Although it was quite some time ago so all I can really say that it's pretty damn interesting, and a good page-turner.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
aha, I'm so excited to read this book!! even more excited that after talking about it in #smogon you guys wanted to read it as well. :D

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh I really do need to start reading again. I'm not sure if I can make this one but I'll join in for the future!

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The strangest thing about this book is that 'the patient who mistook his wife for a hat' isn't even the weirdest case he describes. Perhaps the most interesting part about the book is the way his patients deal with their 'handicap' on a daily basis(i believe the patient in the title used music to recognize objects) and still manage to live fairly normal lives.

While the stories about the patients themselves are captivating and easy to read, i do remember it also contained many technical parts. Though i was 13-14 years old when i read it, so this might be an exaggeration

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
wow way to steal my idea; i'm sure you were in #smogon when i was discussing this!!

hipmonlee you are a terrible man!!!!

Wow, I love that book! Oliver Sacks is great at presenting case studies of patients in the most wonderful way. He really shows how even in the face of incredibly strange, debilitating symptoms, patients have managed to carve out incredibly rich, meaningful lives for themselves. Reading this book was part of what led me to study neuroscience in the first place. I'd love to reread it again and join you guys in discussing it! :)

I'll look for it in my school library. A good book, a good mystery book to read would be the first one I ever read in my entire life. ''The curse of the blue figurine'' a good autobiography book is ''When Hitler stole the pink rabbit''.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
next person to post an illegal link itt is gonna get infracted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)