Smogoff People's Moderator '22 [WON by Total Clefairy] [again] [damn]

BIG ASHLEY

and boom goes the brainbox
is a Community Contributor
hey bestie <3 we haven't started voting yet <3 stop trying to influence our happy little election process <3

(political metaphor: you are the usa (bad) and we are a third-world country's burgeoning democracy. now do you see...?)

BIG ASHLEY

and boom goes the brainbox

ladies, gentlemen, and those of us who know better [a sensible titter runs around the audience here], i have gathered you here to proclaim the virtues of a great, great man and beloved fellow Poster. i am referring, of course, to mr. broken phobias esq.. [APPLAUSE] bp is, quite frankly, perhaps the purest embodiment of the Posting ideal we have ever witnessed: a man who unleashes the very truths of his inner soul into the wild with every keystroke. he is a pioneer and foremost advocate of the highly-regarded Drunkposting school of thought, mastering the genre like no other. he is a master of his craft - can anyone gathered here today think of a personage more well-known for getting pished and logging on to smogon and/or discord? i certainly cannot, and i can tell you for a fact that any name you may care to bring to the table will not come anywhere near the austere heights that bp does.

so we have established mr. phobias's extensive pedigree as a Poster. but tc, i hear you cry, does that qualify him as your successor? is Posting prowess all that is necessary for the role of pm? and to that, i say: of course not, you fools! but thankfully, bp possesses leadership qualities in spades. one needs only look at his wall in order to see the high esteem in which the community holds him:

Screenshot (42999).png
Screenshot (43000).png
Screenshot (42998).png
Screenshot (43001).png

no, my beloved audience, your eyes - oh, bugger, this is meant to be a speech, isn't it? errrrrrr, in that case, pretend i said "ears" - do not deceive you. not only is bp admired for his physical appearance, there is a significantly less shallow element to the messages left by his adoring fans - their assumption that he simply must have already been afforded a position of authority within the community! yes, folks, bp simply commands such natural authority and respect that even his most devoted followers have been gaslit into thinking he used to hold a badge. how incredible is that? clearly, this is a man with innate leadership qualities; truly, he was born to rule, to lead us - the smogletariat - into a new, glorious age.

and who can forget his legendary salamence analysis? we knew he possesses a gift for wordsmithery based on his forum and side discord presence, but who amongst us suspected that bp actually knew what a pokemon was? this man has layers upon layers of complexity and hidden talent to him, and i for one would find it an honour to have him represent us on the forum-wide Posting stage.

also he could prob beat any single Poster here in a fight. so maybe factor that into your vote as well.

to conclude: who will join with me in supporting this Posting titan? this utter monolith of a man? this veritable pillar of the community? who will join me as i yell proudly to the heavens above:

give me a b!

b!

give me a p!

p!

give me a ohfuckwe'verunoutoflettersalreadyshitshitshituhhhhhhhhhhh give me a b and then a p again!

b! p!

:vaporeon: bp for pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :golduck:

Hello ladies and gentleman, My name is SNAK30PRA, I am here to write why I should be Smogoff People's Moderator of 2022, now lets get right into it, shall we?

Some of my greater successes in the past were my threads, "Snak's Puffle Workshop", "[Emmy-Nominated] Smog-ventures Season 1" and most importantly, "You’ll NEVER Believe These Weird Facts About Pokemon", besides my successes, I will 'use the power manifests as rule by consent: if the PM declares that a thread is locked' wisely, but instead of that, if I become People's Moderator, I will make a new thread to vote if the thread should be locked, and I will present tell the person or moderators the thread which YOU think should be locked, because I think the people's words truly matter.
Secondly on the same thread, will also work as my office to report threads you think should be locked, and I would take into consideration if I should make it a vote or just say no.

Thank you for coming to my mini speech, have a wonderful day!

Last edited:
Hello ladies and gentleman, My name is SNAK30PRA, I am here to write why I should be Smogoff People's Moderator of 2022, now lets get right into it, shall we?

Some of my greater successes in the past were my threads, "Snak's Puffle Workshop", "[Emmy-Nominated] Smog-ventures Season 1" and most importantly, "You’ll NEVER Believe These Weird Facts About Pokemon", besides my successes, I will use the power manifests as rule by consent: if the PM declares that a thread is locked, but instead of that, if I become People's Moderator, I will make a new thread to vote if the thread should be locked, and I will present tell the person or moderators the thread which YOU think should be locked, because I think the people's words truly matter.
Secondly on the same thread, will also work as my office to report threads you think should be locked, and I would take into consideration if I should make it a vote or just say no.

Thank you for coming to my mini speech, have a wonderful day!
ok anyway. I'm changing my vote to Total Clefairy

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
1644551692943.png

I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a competitive Pokemon forum. Everybody’s threads are locked or posts are merged. Reaching page 5 is only a pipe dream. The quantum post chamber is already gathering dust, Total Clefairy is printing likes and tanking the reaction economy. Kalalokki hasn't given me my custom title in a month and a half and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it. We know Smogoff Plays Pokemon Ruby is never getting completed and Bramble the normal horse is never getting integrated into CAP, and we sit reading our threads while some local Professor Layton fanboy tricks us into looking at the same gif of Rick Astley fifteen different times, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.
1644551805265.png

We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t post anymore. We sit at our desk, and slowly the forum we are living in is getting worse, and all we say is: ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our mother's basements. Let me have my computer and my energy drinks and my collection of terrible Maisie Williams drawings and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’
1644551760257.png

Well, I’m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don’t want you to start a thread. I don’t want you to delete your account – I don’t want you to write to chaos, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the late wells and the wordles and the custom titles ledger and the decrease in pun quality. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. You’ve got to say: ‘I’m a poster, god-dammit! My posts have value!’
1644551907274.png

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’
1644552073692.png

I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell – ‘I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Things have got to change. But first, you’ve gotta get mad!…You’ve got to say, ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Then we’ll figure out what to do about the late wells and the wordles and changing the subforum name to insult Finchinator. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

Last edited:

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 405879
I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a competitive Pokemon forum. Everybody’s threads are locked or posts are merged. Reaching page 5 is only a pipe dream. The quantum post chamber is already gathering dust, Total Clefairy is printing likes and tanking the reaction economy. Kalalokki hasn't given me my custom title in a month and a half and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it. We know Smogoff Plays Pokemon Ruby is never getting completed and Bramble the normal horse is never getting integrated into CAP, and we sit reading our threads while some local Professor Layton fanboy tricks us into looking at the same gif of Rick Astley fifteen different times, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.
View attachment 405881
We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t post anymore. We sit at our desk, and slowly the forum we are living in is getting worse, and all we say is: ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our mother's basements. Let me have my computer and my energy drinks and my collection of terrible Masie Williams drawings and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’
View attachment 405880
Well, I’m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don’t want you to start a thread. I don’t want you to delete your account – I don’t want you to write to chaos, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the late wells and the wordles and the custom titles ledger and the decrease in pun quality. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. You’ve got to say: ‘I’m a poster, god-dammit! My posts have value!’
View attachment 405882
So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’
View attachment 405883

I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell – ‘I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Things have got to change. But first, you’ve gotta get mad!…You’ve got to say, ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Then we’ll figure out what to do about the late wells and the wordles and changing the subforum name to insult Finchinator. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

you already know..

phoopes edit: officially pirating this posting point

Last edited by a moderator:

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
View attachment 405879
View attachment 405881
We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t post anymore. We sit at our desk, and slowly the forum we are living in is getting worse, and all we say is: ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our mother's basements. Let me have my computer and my energy drinks and my collection of terrible Masie Williams drawings and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’
View attachment 405880
View attachment 405882
View attachment 405883

… i’ve heard everything i need to hear. i am officially endorsing CaffeineBoost for Smogoff People’s Moderator 2022.

7F521E09-4C2F-4332-9A9F-E8C45A07F2CC.jpeg

Last edited:

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
just vote me today is my bd and i am spreading love all over smogon

what more do you want
There once was a time you nommed me... you believed in me. Even when I cast you and your rick-rolling aside, you knew that I could do good for this forum.

You knew...

"Hello fellow Smogoffians. You're probably wondering where I've been for the last few years. You want to know that I still have your best interests at heart.

Are we not all human? Are we not all drawn to some common ground on which to share memes and spread content, nay, joy? To think we are here by nature of fighting monsters, only to become kindred spirits ruled not by madness, but by compassion.... by love... oh, it makes my throat tight. My eyes brim with the possibilities of such a wonderful community if I were elected your PM..."

Okay, now that all the normies have flipped back to their daytime soap operas.
I'm here to clean up this forum.

shadowpoop.png

Do we even know the people mass-liking our posts?

A vote for me is a vote to return this place to its former glory.
A place when taste ruled supreme.
When the logs went back as far as the eye could see,
and e-girls were as mythic as they were powerful.

As your PM, I swear to curate the best experience possible as you mindlessly browse through:
who's OU and who's not,
the best time capsules tossed into the ether,
even shade's mum's love life! (respectfully)

No matter the hour, I will answer the call for a suspiciously low-effort post.

I will question he who knocks on the door of the quantum post chamber, knowing it is shut.
Will I rule with an iron fist? Rose gold, actually.
If my grip feels hot, know that it is the white-hot passion I have for making Smogoff Firebot again, and know that it is good :swole:.

Vote F I S H Y

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)